Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:05 pm

Post by Javert »

ac1983fan: Any progress on that post where you explain all the posts you find scummy?
"I was born with scum like you."
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:30 am

Post by ac1983fan »

MeMe wrote:read the last page please?
I don't see any reasoning for that vote...
Not a dayvig.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:57 pm

Post by Javert »

Mod
, could we please get some prods? Preferably on:
  • Elias_the_thief (last post June 30)
  • Nocmen (last post
    June 5
    ; this is the one-month mark, so he probably needs to be replaced)
  • Sweenytodd (last post June 22)
Those who falter and those who fall must pay the price.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:28 pm

Post by Javert »

Warning: lengthy post.

Harrumph. I just read through the game to get a feel again on the latest information, and I must say it is not making today any easier. Post [324] by spectrumvoid in particular is weighing on me, due to its being timed near deadline and proposing a lynch on ac1983fan. This post does not much look like distancing from me, such that I am finding it hard to believe in a pairing of ac198fan/spectrumvoid for the time being.

Note: Also, the way in which spectrumvoid ever-so-slightly held off calling ac1983fan at the start of Day Three indicates she was not going to full-out protect him
yet
, since if he had claimed to role-block her she (as town) would know he was lying and that she was naive. This nuance furthers my belief that they would not be scum together, since this strikes me as something scum could easily overlook while trying to keep each other off the lynching block.

After reading those two players in particular, spectrumvoid comes off looking more town than ac1983fan, at least in terms of substance (although shadowdeath, the player spectrumvoid replaced, was certainly lacking in that area). However, both of their claimed actions bother me. Not blocking anybody on Night Three of this game is a terrible blunder as town, and a good way to keep options open as scum [excepting for the case where scum claim to 'block' their own partner so as to 'lessen the chances' of that player having committed a kill]. And 'investigating' two separate players who died on those exact two nights – especially when the second investigation was nowhere near optimal play – is certainly a bitter pill to swallow.

Of the two, I would think ac1983fan is the more likely to be scum, and if that is the case, spectrumvoid being naive would not really affect the 'power' of the town since a naive Cop is not truly a power but rather a liability, excepting for the ability to prove/disprove trackers, role-blockers, etc. Also, I have noticed that having a Doctor, a Back-Up Doctor, and a Role-Blocker implies quite a few methods for the town to stop nightkills with (and with two guaranteed innocent Masons, this is powerful indeed since it could [hypothetically] assure those Masons live long into the game, making it much easier to pinpoint scum.

If spectrumvoid were scum and ac1983fan is not scum, it is not immediately obvious why she would go out of her way to declare him innocent – although it is more than possible that this is being done to set up a 'guilty' result for tomorrow, which ac1983fan would likely have supported {on the trend I've noticed that people who believe an innocent investigation has been called them tend to believe those doing the claiming more readily than the person with a claimed guilty on them}, thereby making a final mislynch (assuming spectrumvoid-scum could attain a mislynch today) fairly simple to achieve.

I'm
almost
at the point where I'm thinking at least one of them almost must be scum, but I myself am cautious to get myself stuck into an either-or rut. The biggest factor here for me is the set-up.

Set-Up if ac1983fan is scum and spectrumvoid is town

1 [Sane?] Cop
1 [Naive] Cop
1 Doctor
1 Back-Up Doctor
2 Guaranteed Innocent Masons
3 Unclaimed Town
3 Scum [1 Godfather, 2 Unknown]

Set-Up if spectrumvoid is scum and ac198fan is town

1 Cop
1 Doctor
1 Back-Up Doctor
1 Role-Blocker
2 Guaranteed Innocent Masons
3 Unclaimed Town
3 Scum [1 Godfather, 2 Unknown]

3 scum assumed

Of course, if both are town, one must simply add spectrumvoid to the bottom Set-Up with the caveat that she may be naive. I will try to give a reread focusing more on MeMe, Elias_the_thief, and Sweenytodd in due time.

Also, ac198fan
really
needs to get to explaining his list (or making a new one) which he made on Day One. My patience for this is wearing quite thin on this subject.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:05 am

Post by ac1983fan »

next week I'm going to be away for camp. I'll reread day two and post everything I thought was scummy from live players later today.
Not a dayvig.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:00 am

Post by ac1983fan »

Throw out my first list of scummy posts, cause those aren't really that scummy, looking back...
The first scummy psot I can find from day 2 is this:
[quote=sweenytodd, post 401]The only pressure I can apply is with my vote so let here more from Kil...
Vote: Kilmenator [/quote]
which really isn't all the scummy., but it looks a little like an attempt by scum to jump on a bandwagon. I'm doubtful it was tho, becuase that was early in the day, and scum wouldn't try to bandwagon lynch thenj, cause they'd prettyy much lose... moving on:
[quote=sweenytodd, post 415]My current top 3 suspects in no particular order are :
ACfan
Kilmenator
Javert
[/quote](emphasis mine)
he says Javert is one of his top 3 suspects... yet, in his second post, he said:
[quote=sweenytodd, his 2nd post]Javert: Not sure how I feel about Javert... He seems too eager to hop on Elias for MeMe's logic but has been pretty consistent throughout the game holding people to account for their posts. When questioned by MeMe I thought he at least took the time to defend himself which I appreciate. Gives me a pro-town feel atm but I always reserve the right to chnge my mind = ). [/quote]
and never said anything about Javert being scummy after that.

other than that, I really can't find anything thats setting off my scumdar.
So, here's my overall analysis of the current players:
Nocmen
:Cleared, won't vote for
SV
:Probably a cop. however, may need to look at her previous behavour as a cop....
Javert
:Most pro-town player, won't vote for
Meme
: I really can't get a read on MeMe...
Sweenytodd
:Pretty scummy.
Elias the theif
:Slightly scummy
Not a dayvig.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:09 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Javert wrote:
Mod
, could we please get some prods? Preferably on:
  • Elias_the_thief (last post June 30)
I've explained several times that I can only post on weekends. Please, please, PLEASE, read this post at least and stop pestering the poor mod about prodding me. Even when I'm home I'm pressed for time, I'll try to make a good post tomorrow.
I play the games rul gud.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:49 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Ac1983fan: Please explain what is the difference between pretty scummy and slightly scummy.
Blank.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:26 am

Post by ac1983fan »

pretty scummy > slightly scummy
Not a dayvig.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:48 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Ok. I've thought about this.

I think ac1983fan is pro-town. Here's my thought process: Assume that if scum were sophisticated enough to false-claim, they were good enough to claim decently. I don't think scum would have claimed to not block last night. They had pretty good odds to work with to false-claim, eliminating the mason and me because of my first post, claiming to block either elias or sweeny or anyone else would have made sense. If whoever he claimed he blocked dies and is town, he could have passed it off saying the other scum did it.
Blank.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:40 am

Post by Javert »

I have sent a PM to LyingBrian to see if he is still around on the site. I know he's mentioned having problems in real life elsewhere, but this game simply won't move forward if we need to prod/replace two people, and the third only has access on weekends.

Also, spectrumvoid, scum claim 'non-optimal' things all the time - including "no action". It's a good exercise in WIFOM. I do not count that in any way a positive factor about ac1983fan's alignment. Also, by not blocking, there's no way he can be contradicted.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:07 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Well, sorry for my sudden inactivity. I posted on the vacation thread that I was going away until today, but I forgot to post in the induvidual threads. I am interested in finishing this up, but my reread/read over what I missed the past 3 weeks will be later tonight or tomorrow.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:51 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

The thing is: I don't see why ac1983fan would have been 'contradicted'. If he was scum, he'd know who to night-kill to not make a contradiction.

But I do recognise this is wifom.
Blank.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:07 am

Post by ac1983fan »

heh, looks like i didn't miss aything.
Not a dayvig.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:25 am

Post by Nocmen »

Starting where I left off, at the beginning of Day 3.

I understand where Javert is coming from saying that there is not much of a chance there really would be all of these different power roles.

ac1983fan then says he didnt block, even though he had all this time to do so. Its not that hard to reread, and even a slight suspicion (which you seem to have many of in the game so far) would lead you to possibly hitting a scum with your ability.
Vote:ac1983fan

With SV claiming to be a second cop in the game, there is all the well possibility he is Naive, which would back up his innocent result on ac1983fan. Though I dont like the fact that SV is holding his result. This makes me think that one of the scum has to be either SV or ac1983fan. The odds are well against both of them being innocent. I also dont like what Javert pointed out at 506, saying something strange about my references to my partner. This makes me really consider if he is lying.

It comes down to who makes me more worried. ac1983fan, while some of their actions seem illogical, dont contradict themselves somewhat like SV's do.
Unvote, Vote: spectrumvoid
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:32 am

Post by ac1983fan »

I am really against an SV lynch. She has claimed a powerrole. assuming the setup had only 3 scum, the current ratio of scum:town is 2:6. Even if we lynch town today and the mafia NK is succsessful, tomorow's scum:town ratio should be 2:4. that being said, I would rather lynch someone that is either townie or scum than lynch someone who is either cop or scum. And, since my only two real suspicsions are sweenytodd and Elias, and I find sweeny scummier than elias, I will
vote:sweeny
Not a dayvig.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:25 am

Post by MeMe »

Just waving "hello." I'm not sure how much attention we're going to get from the mod in the next couple of weeks -- he told me at Thespival that he's going to be taking his time getting to California.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:09 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Nocmen wrote:Though I dont like the fact that SV is holding his result. ac1983fan, while some of their actions seem illogical, dont contradict themselves somewhat like SV's do.
1. Where are the contradictions?
2. I don't understand what you mean by holding my result. I have revealed al l actions.
Blank.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:27 pm

Post by Javert »

Still here, and still waiting on Sweenytodd and our mod to return. I am of the opinion that this game ought to be finished.
LyingBrian
LyingBrian
Does not play well with others
LyingBrian

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:38 pm

Post by LyingBrian »

• Vote Count:
    • 2) spectrumvoid
      • MeMe
      • Nocmen
    • 1) Sweenytodd
      • ac1983fan
    • 4)
      not voting
      • Elias_the_thief
      • Javert
      • spectrumvoid
      • Sweenytodd
  • Lynch:
    4 votes

MOD NOTEhello all, coming to you from a rest stop in Texas today... everyone has said they would finish the game, although at least 2 players (Sweenytodd & Elias_the_thief) are restricted right now, as am i... we'll plug on as well as possible, and i will try to find a replacement for Sweenytodd as he has requested such... keep playing to the best of your ability, and i'll continue modding to the best of my ability...
Last edited by LyingBrian on Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:11 pm

Post by MeMe »

I don't see any reason for Sweeny to need a replacement...he's still on the site. :x
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:23 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

I will be here consistently for this week, then I'll be gone for a week, then ill be back for a long time. (long enough to finish up this game)
I play the games rul gud.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:22 pm

Post by MeMe »

It is getting really difficult to sustain interest in this game.

I vote that we all PM Sweeny generically and tell him to get his butt in here and explain why he asked the mod to replace him when the last thing he said to
us
is that he's rereading and will comment in a few days (a few weeks ago). I hate it when people quit for no good reason -- especially this far in when getting a replacement is near impossible.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”