YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:40 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Hmm, What I am starting to see is that of the 3 Bandwagons one will be lynched because of time. In that case, we should wait until Guardian gets back so we can have Me, Shteven and Guardian all place their suspicons. If one of us is going to be lynched because of time and for the sake of the town, we should all place our suspicons. Even mafia, Who can suspect an Sk and Vice Versa.(Altough its basically a wild guess, since Scum dont know who each other are) But maybe the info would still be good for a possible NK? I dont think pepole who are about to be lynched would Buss though.. I will probably put my suspicons soon, and I hope that shteven will do the same. Unfourtaely, Guardian IS gone until July 8th, so we either wait for him (we can) or Lynch someone. I would perfer we hear from Guardian if we plan on lynching him anyways, because we must know the final suspicons of us 3.

Prod Hungry Joe
Please, he hasn't said anything and he does have a vote on me, so I'd like to hear from him and stuff.

Will everyone voting me and everyone suspicous of me please read by defense of BT's pbpa?
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:00 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Glork wrote:I've debunked his entire argument by proving his assumptions wrong. Whether the statistics or the logic are sound or significant is immaterial, if the foundation on which it is based is inherently flawed.
Your recalculations still prove you to be better than random at finding scum, so it doesn't really debunk his argument...
Permanent V/LA.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:31 am

Post by Glork »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Glork wrote:I've debunked his entire argument by proving his assumptions wrong. Whether the statistics or the logic are sound or significant is immaterial, if the foundation on which it is based is inherently flawed.
Your recalculations still prove you to be better than random at finding scum, so it doesn't really debunk his argument...
I disagree. His entire point is that it was likely that I was scum based solely on the fact that I suspected him, and he claimed to be pro-town. He claimed to have 80% certainty that I am scum, and posited that anybody who thinks he is probably pro-town should have approximately 60% certainty that I am scum. I completely dismantled that conclusion.

He certainly hasn't presented alternative resaoning for believing I am scum, and he seems to have accepted that I refuted his argument. Why are you arguing the semantics of my defense rather than hunting scum? Do you think that I'm scum based on his argument? Do you think that I'm scum based on my defense against his argument?

Nevertheless, I still maintain that Burden of Proficiency is a ridiculous fallacy. "You're not finding scum, so you must be scum" has no legitimate logical basis behind it.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:37 am

Glork wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
I disagree. His entire point is that it was likely that I was scum based solely on the fact that I suspected him, and he claimed to be pro-town. He claimed to have 80% certainty that I am scum, and posited that anybody who thinks he is probably pro-town should have approximately 60% certainty that I am scum. I completely dismantled that conclusion.

He certainly hasn't presented alternative resaoning for believing I am scum, and he seems to have accepted that I refuted his argument. Why are you arguing the semantics of my defense rather than hunting scum?
Are you implying that I am not hunting scum? I'd really like to see you justify that one, since I've been pushing the YB wagon since replacing into the game and have commented on nearly every player so far.

As far as his argument, I read it differently than you, which is why I asked you those questions. From your apparent interpretation of his argument, your actions make sense. From mine, not really, but I could easily have misread his argument, and it's not that big a deal.
Do you think that I'm scum based on his argument? Do you think that I'm scum based on my defense against his argument?
I'm not particularly suspicious of you, although your insistent pushing of the Shteven wagon doesn't sit well with me, since you:
a) seem to be ignoring the other wagons as far as I can tell
and b) are pushing a wagon on someone that I read as very protown.
Nevertheless, I still maintain that Burden of Proficiency is a ridiculous fallacy. "You're not finding scum, so you must be scum" has no legitimate logical basis behind it.
Agreed.
Permanent V/LA.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:59 am

Post by Glork »

If you've been paying attention, you'd know that I've reluctantly agreed that failing a Shteven lynch, I'm willing to support a YB lynch. I have also expressed dissatisfaction with Guardian's play. So no, I'm not ignoring the other wagons. I'm just homing in somebody that I have been reading as scummy.

What exactly about Shteven's play strikes you as being "very protown"? Could you link/quote specific posts, please?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:13 am

Post by Guardian »

Stop lynching YB I'm sure he's town his play is very very consistent with YB town play.

Lynch Jack, or BM, or Shteven. They all feel like scum. Crucify Albert for claiming vanilla earlier.

The beach is awesome!!!
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:16 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Guardian wrote:Stop lynching YB I'm sure he's town his play is very very consistent with YB town play.

Lynch Jack, or BM, or Shteven. They all feel like scum. Crucify Albert for claiming vanilla earlier.

The beach is awesome!!!
Guardian, Glad to hear you're having fun. Isee you've told us your suspicons.

Mine will come soon, and I expect Shtevens to follow.
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:38 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Guardian wrote:Stop lynching YB I'm sure he's town his play is very very consistent with YB town play.
Would you (or YB or anybody) care to provide any proof of this assertion?
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:40 am

Post by Jack »

He seems consistent with his scum play to me.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:44 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Sarcastro wrote:
Um ,See post 1125 and my defense of the pbpa by Billy.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:28 am

Shtevens posts seem very genuine and insightful, making a lot of serious contributions to the game. There are probably specific examples, but he has a lot of posts and I don't have a lot of time.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:36 am

I have chosen this game to be the subject of an experiment, if you would be kind enough to comply. I would like everyone to post
at least
one thing that you find suspicious of me so far this game. If you don't have anything other than what's been said, that's ok, say it anyways. This game seems ideal to test this, because I don't recall a lot of people being that suspicious of me since I replaced into the game.
Permanent V/LA.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:38 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I have chosen this game to be the subject of an experiment, if you would be kind enough to comply. I would like everyone to post
at least
one thing that you find suspicious of me so far this game. If you don't have anything other than what's been said, that's ok, say it anyways. This game seems ideal to test this, because I don't recall a lot of people being that suspicious of me since I replaced into the game.
Well, I think You are scum in a way or Connected with Twilight somehow.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:03 pm

Post by Guardian »

MoS, you asked us to be suspicious of you just then. Scummy.

Also, what the hell were you asking me for vaious "first things that came to mind" the other week before Mosfaire? Just wondering.

Jack, have you ever played with YB? I have like 3 or 4 times and he seems like town YB.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hmm...well, that's kind of an odd question. You don't look all that scummy to me at the moment, MOS. One thing I did note was this:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Yos defends BM's bad play, not seeing why he thinks BM's logic was any good, because it really wasn't. Really gungho attack on Glork, not seeing this at all.
Which made me consider you as having a possible link to Glork, if he turns out to be scum.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:18 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

YogurtBandit wrote:
Sarcastro wrote:
Um ,See post 1125 and my defense of the pbpa by Billy.
I'm not asking for you to defend yourself, YB, I can see that you're doing that. I'm asking Guardian to back up the assertion that you're playing the way you normally do when you're town.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:12 pm

Post by AutumnEvenings »

All right, I've been just absolutely awful this past week. Personal life a wreck and all that jazz.

Anyway, can we please lynch Guardian or Albert today? I really will post loads more tomorrow (I don't work).

*hangs head in shame*
[color=blue][i]"They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved and how. And how much." --Arundhati Roy[/i][/color]
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:12 am

Post by BillyTwilight »

Hey all. I've been trying to keep up with reading the thread, but haven't had a chance to compose a lengthy post. As far as general comments, I'm still happy with a YB lynch... his rebutal of my analysis does nothing to convince me he is pro-town. I'll try to have more significant comments tomorrow afternoon (EST).
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Oed' und leer das Meer.[/i]

Und sagt die Zauberw├â┬Ârter Simsalbimbamba Saladu Saladim
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:14 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

BillyTwilight wrote:Hey all. I've been trying to keep up with reading the thread, but haven't had a chance to compose a lengthy post. As far as general comments, I'm still happy with a YB lynch... his rebutal of my analysis does nothing to convince me he is pro-town. I'll try to have more significant comments tomorrow afternoon (EST).
Well, would you care to respond to my paragraph about how I think you are the scum leader/GF?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:09 am

Guardian wrote:MoS, you asked us to be suspicious of you just then. Scummy.

Also, what the hell were you asking me for vaious "first things that came to mind" the other week before Mosfaire? Just wondering.

Jack, have you ever played with YB? I have like 3 or 4 times and he seems like town YB.
Yes, I did ask you to be suspicious of me. That's why this is an experiment.

I was looking for an image to use as a prize. I asked like 10 people and didn't get a single suitable answer, but it worked out in the end.
Permanent V/LA.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:44 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

If I had to pick one thing about MoS that seems a bit scummy...

After his big reread, he places a vote on MBL, a big FoS on YB and some other normal FoSes. He later decides that MBL can wait and he places his vote on YB. Here's where I find it to be a bit scummy.

Vote on YB (apparently) was because YB became scummier, not because MBL became less scummy. After that vote, MoS became quite focused on YB and barely mentioned MBL. Then when MBL poses his bizarre question to Guardian, YB, and Albert, his first response is to say that he doesn't like YB's response to the question (bottom of page 33). Then on the next page, his answers seem to flip-flop a bit like he can't quite remember if he's still supposed to think MBL is scum or not.

I would have quoted, but I think it's more important to read the posts in context.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:23 pm

You're right. That's because I haven't really seen much from MBL since then that was worth mentioning (he also hasn't posted in almost 2 weeks), and that post just didn't seem worth attacking him over. If you want to know, I didn't particularly like his giant analysis post, since he says what he "expects" to see, which can really be doctored to agree or disagree with that actually happened, since he had already read D1 in the first place. Had it been his first time reading the thread, I wouldn't have felt it odd.
Permanent V/LA.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:08 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

And if I refuse to participate?
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:26 am

Post by Jack »

Guardian wrote:
Jack, have you ever played with YB?
yes
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:28 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

HackerHuck wrote:If I had to pick one thing about MoS that seems a bit scummy...

After his big reread, he places a vote on MBL, a big FoS on YB and some other normal FoSes. He later decides that MBL can wait and he places his vote on YB. Here's where I find it to be a bit scummy.

Vote on YB (apparently) was because YB became scummier, not because MBL became less scummy. After that vote, MoS became quite focused on YB and barely mentioned MBL. Then when MBL poses his bizarre question to Guardian, YB, and Albert, his first response is to say that he doesn't like YB's response to the question (bottom of page 33). Then on the next page, his answers seem to flip-flop a bit like he can't quite remember if he's still supposed to think MBL is scum or not.

I would have quoted, but I think it's more important to read the posts in context.
I actually have to say, Even after Mos's post, Istill find this contradictory, because one of the reasons I was attacked was for chaning my votes with BM and such.

Jack, That was a bad game...

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”