Micro 440: Triplicate Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:19 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I can't really tell what's going on at the moment, a bit confused. Need to read through more.

Goodmorning looking townish atm so staying on lucky.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:24 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Power
Hopkirk (1)-
Lucky2u
Lucky2u (1)-
Hopkirk
goodmorning (0)-

Not Voting (1)-
goodmorning

Wisdom
serrapaladin (0)-

Witness Protection (1)-
Scripten
Scripten (1)-
Witness Protection

Not Voting (1)-
serrapaladin

Courage
Zebulin (2)-
BBMolla, Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense (0)-

BBMolla (0)-

Not Voting (1)-
Zebulin

Deadline is in
(expired on 2015-02-09 20:00:00)
- Feb 9th 20:00 GMT
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:28 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 99, Lucky2u wrote:Well this will be rather easy for me today. GM seems town enough that I can just

VOTE: hopkirk

It's not that I feel strongly about Hopkirk, We could be the town block sure but I agree that discussion of that doesn't really gain us anything.

So could you answer my question about why you didn't vote either of us if we were both suspicous?

Is this molla's usual style? It feels rather blunt and decisive. I did notice someone saying he usually makes short posts so idk.

I don't particularly like scrifton or WP. I do like serra though. I doubt this is the scumless group.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:34 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 127, Hopkirk wrote:
scrifton

Dude. :neutral:
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:50 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Sorry, i realized i'd put a f instead of a p by mistake after posting but didn't notice the o as well.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:02 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 127, Hopkirk wrote:So could you answer my question about why you didn't vote either of us if we were both suspicous?

Partially because the comment was an exasperated sarcastic comment and partially because I can't vote two people at once. While I didn't mean to be gone for two days, sitting back did reveal GM to be pretty dang town, so now I don't have to choose! :)
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:08 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 112, goodmorning wrote:
In post 84, serrapaladin wrote:@gm: does his frustration read genuine to you?

In some ways, but the jumping around reads fake.

In post 92, Scripten wrote:
In post 87, goodmorning wrote:
This is way worse than anything I posted, because this reasoning assumes that everyone in this game is a complete and utter idiot.

Obviously I was working from a bit of hyperbole, but still... you don't often see scum placing little things into their posts that are meant to slightly push the town to keep suspicion off of them?

You DO see them. That's my point. There is very little that a Scum can do that's going to be THAT subtle.

In post 93, serrapaladin wrote:
In post 87, goodmorning wrote:
I said that the scum motivation from asserting that you are part of the all-town group would be insurance for after a lynch. Say serrapaladin or myself flipped town. "Oh, well, that must mean that we're the all-town group. Hahaha, I was right. What a funny coincidence."

This is way worse than anything I posted, because this reasoning assumes that everyone in this game is a complete and utter idiot.

Does it really? I could easily see scum subtly pushing the notion that their group is all town, if not as obviously as scrip suggests.

Yes, but you'd have to be an idiot not to look at all options no matter what anyone else says.

ugh 110 is not even a good post
why do you people think he is town

Scrip wasn't really using his frustration in a way that might give him an advantage, so I quite like him for town. I don't really know what you mean by him "jumping around"?

I don't have a full-blown townread on zeb, but I have no doubt that town!zebulin could absolutely come up with an interpretation of BB's meta and apply it as in , be it correct or not. I somewhat liked that his early play felt somewhat loose. That being said. the only questions he's asked that are actually relevant to his actions and understanding of the game are why people are voting for him, which could well be the scummy flavour of self-preservation. There were some details in PN's posts that pinged more than anything by zeb though - mentioning how much time we have on the DL for one, and the unrequested list of whom to lynch, going very much along the path of least resistance. I don't buy that people can read that slot from the level of seriousness.

In post 69, Witness Protection wrote:I still need to ISO the other third of Wisdom, but from what I remember, he hasn't said much of anything. He did ask if Scripten was around once, then never followed up when he (Scripten )said he was.

Why are you not giving my play any thought? :( Like, I'm one of the two people you want to read today, and you dismiss my entire early play as "not much of anything" because I wasn't wallposting.

@BB: explain 109? It seems to me "sigh" is becoming the next "eyeroll" type reaction for scum to embrace.

Under most potential conditions, makes me think lucky is town.

I'm not currently voting because accidental quickhammers actually seem quite easy to happen, and I don't think treating the votes as a 3 separate LyLo's is the best thing to do. I should probably commit a full post to this rather than tagging it onto the end here, though.
Wandering but not lost
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:46 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 131, serrapaladin wrote:because I wasn't wallposting.

for what it's worth, I like it when people don't wall post.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:53 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

I would propose we open the question of whom to lynch in each group to all of us, deciding by majority in each case if possible, runoff if not.

As is, we have the following issues with our voting system:

- members of the all-town group can't actually vote for scum today

- while randomly lynching in a 3p LyLo has a 1/3 town EV, in reality only takes 1 of the 2 town to vote wrongly for scum to win, giving a real EV somewhere closer to 1/4

- scum interactions will be much harder to gauge, since some people will not necessarily focus on all groups. leading on from that, mislynches in a group could easily be used D2 by out-of-group scum to push a mislynch of someone in the group.

I don't think us talking about all groups really compensates for the concrete opinions that should underpin voting.
Wandering but not lost
Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:46 pm

Post by Zebulin »

In post 121, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 118, Zebulin wrote:Assuming BBMolla is town, and knowing I'm town, then there is a 2/3rds chance you are scum (1/3rd chance we're the townbloc). The chance of you being scum in my head is actually a lot lower, because there's a 40something% chance we're the townbloc (Pretty sure the townbloc isn't Wisdom) and BBMolla isn't confirmed town. The numbers aren't 100% accurate, they're mostly to show what I'm thinking in terms of how scummy everyone is.

This is a whole lot of non committal nonsense.

BBmolla asked me to explain my reasoning, so I explained my reasoning. My reasoning is terrible, but that's what you get on page 5. I didn't edit anything in that post to show my true train of thought, so if it seems rambling I apologize. I'm not 100% sure on anything because I CAN'T be 100% sure; there's always a chance I'm wrong.
In post 133, serrapaladin wrote:I would propose we open the question of whom to lynch in each group to all of us, deciding by majority in each case if possible, runoff if not.

As is, we have the following issues with our voting system:

- members of the all-town group can't actually vote for scum today

- while randomly lynching in a 3p LyLo has a 1/3 town EV, in reality only takes 1 of the 2 town to vote wrongly for scum to win, giving a real EV somewhere closer to 1/4

- scum interactions will be much harder to gauge, since some people will not necessarily focus on all groups. leading on from that, mislynches in a group could easily be used D2 by out-of-group scum to push a mislynch of someone in the group.

I don't think us talking about all groups really compensates for the concrete opinions that should underpin voting.

I ran the numbers on this idea, and assuming random voting it has a much higher chance of getting scum lynched. I'm in favor of it.
In post 132, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 131, serrapaladin wrote:because I wasn't wallposting.

for what it's worth, I like it when people don't wall post.

Why don't you like wall posts?

Also, I think someone had a question directed at me. What was it?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:51 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Witness Protection has been prodded. They must respond in thread within 24 hours or be replaced.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:49 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 131, serrapaladin wrote:Scrip wasn't really using his frustration in a way that might give him an advantage, so I quite like him for town. I don't really know what you mean by him "jumping around"?

I mean that his self-defence is all over the place.

I don't have a full-blown townread on zeb, but I have no doubt that town!zebulin could absolutely come up with an interpretation of BB's meta and apply it as in , be it correct or not. I somewhat liked that his early play felt somewhat loose. That being said. the only questions he's asked that are actually relevant to his actions and understanding of the game are why people are voting for him, which could well be the scummy flavour of self-preservation. There were some details in PN's posts that pinged more than anything by zeb though - mentioning how much time we have on the DL for one, and the unrequested list of whom to lynch, going very much along the path of least resistance. I don't buy that people can read that slot from the level of seriousness.

...so PN providing his reads pinged you? Or is it just that they were close to current sentiment?
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:38 pm

Post by Zebulin »

Before I forget: There are things I want to post if I get lynched before I die (which is probably going to happen), but saying them now helps scum way more than town. When it comes time to hammer all 3 groups, give me a chance to post before you do so. Thank you!

Hopkirk, you need to post way more. You seem to be posting
just
enough to not get prodded.
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:50 am

Post by Perpetual Nonsense »

wave of apathy
devoured my baby diapers
what should i do guys

:(
We of the Collective are of one mind.
There is no Bert. There is no Gaiden.
There is only Us
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:50 am

There is only Us
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:51 am

We are so toast at this rate. I have to pump Us up! UGH

Gotta get pumped, gotta get pumped BERTIE and GAIDEN

There is only Us
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:23 am

Post by Lucky2u »

^ no idea what is going in these last three posts...
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:24 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 137, Zebulin wrote:Before I forget: There are things I want to post if I get lynched before I die (which is probably going to happen),
but saying them now helps scum way more than town.
When it comes time to hammer all 3 groups, give me a chance to post before you do so. Thank you!

Hopkirk, you need to post way more. You seem to be posting
just
enough to not get prodded.

there are no power roles in this game so I am thoroughly confused what info you could have from a town persepective that helps scum more than town. nonetheless, I don't think we intended to hammer without atleast last second reads from dying town.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:36 am

Post by Hopkirk »

@Zeb: Having trouble getting into the game due to lack of anything really catching my interest and being as confident as a can that i'm voting scum.
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:44 am

Yeah, somehow We managed to become indifferent about the gamestate, and it's time to dig Ourselves out.

Why are you so confident that Lucky2u is scum? Do you have more questions to ask him?
There is only Us
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:46 am

As in, it shouldn't be who between GM or Lucky2u is playing better or being more effective as either alignment for you, but rather who is more likely to be scum.

In post 49, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 26, Lucky2u wrote:hmm... so far I want to vote both my group mates...

And yet you don't vote either of us? Sounds pretty off.

VOTE: Lucky

For example, pushing Lucky to vote when he is indecisive.
There is only Us
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:47 am

^how was Lucky's post scummy, exactly?

And there's the fact that there is no mention/interaction to be seen between you and goodmorning since your Page 1 RVS vote.
There is only Us
Perpetual Nonsense
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Perpetual Nonsense
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:52 am

UNVOTE:

Reading Molla's ISO. There isn't much to decipher at the moment.

In post 110, Zebulin wrote:I'm scum reading Perpetual Nonsense mainly
because I think BBMolla is town
and that makes a 67% chance Perpetual Nonsense is scum.

In post 110, Zebulin wrote:Mostly it's because of my ISO read on BBMolla. Normally I'm suspicious of a guy who has so few words per post, but he posts very little in both his town and scum games. The difference I saw is that Town-BBMolla asks a lot of questions and is active scumhunting even on page 1, and Scum-BBMolla tends to say random fluff unrelated to the game and try to stay out of the limelight. BBMolla has been active scumhunting this game and hasn't made a single out-of-game post so far, so I feel he's town. The only thing I don't like from him was the "Zubullu" comment. That hurt.

These two posts aren't inclusive to me IMHO. BBMolla hasn't posted much. Period. Neither have I, granted. For Molla, it's certainly not alignment indicative. Just don't like this read because it's based on if Molla "is fluffing or not," considering the scarcity of his posts you noticed in past games AND this game. And the Zubullu comment was totally null and a typo obviously.

I can understand scumreading Us because Molla is townier just on the basis of being more active and engaged than Us, but your read on Us is a result of a "townread" on Molla. Anyways, We will get to thebottom of this
There is only Us
Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:06 am

Post by Zebulin »

The problem for me is that I'm
not
scumreading you or BBMolla, and it's very frustrating. Either we're the townbloc, which is unlikely and shouldn't be discussed at this point in the game, or one of you two is a master scumplayer, which is terrible for town in general and means I'll probably die D1 (I'm not exactly the towniest-looking player in any of my games, and I was being hammered until 5 minutes ago). I'm trying to get Courage to post more, since it seems only Wisdom is posting real walls at all, but when scum is in a townread and a leaning-townread and I'm widely being scumread I'm not sure what I can say to not die.

At this point I'd say Hopkirk, Witness and Perpetual are the scum, but Witness is my only real scumread. Hopkirk is leaning-scum and Perpetual is leaning-town, but not as town as BBMolla. ( I'm starting to suspect BBMolla simply because my main townreads my last 2 games have been scum in lylo. :/ )

P-Edit: Keep in mind these are page 5 reads. There's not going to be that much behind them compared to page 20+ reads.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:12 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 143, Hopkirk wrote:@Zeb: Having trouble getting into the game due to lack of anything really catching my interest and being as confident as a can that i'm voting scum.

Even if nothing is catching your interest, you could ask some questions. It's probably a lock that it will be between you and me in our block, so how about we turn our attentions to the other blocks and input there.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”