MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:00 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Now CKD is trying to bully Katie into lynching town.

I hope during Day 3 we get to lynch CKD regardless.
llll
llll
Goon
llll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:40 am

Post by llll »

Aww, I'm not MonkeyMan's preferred lynch anymore. Shouldn't you unvote me, then?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:57 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

No, you're still my preferred lynch for day 2.
Reticent
Reticent
Townie
Reticent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:04 am

Post by Reticent »

In post 970, droog wrote:you accuse me of not reading?
i was scumreading monkey
then i saw the wagons on him as really bad
so bad i didnt want to be on them

when no one can bring a case
for ~400 posts
i dont want to be anywhere near that wagon

Except apparently you could have brought a case???

But held out for some reason???
llll
llll
Goon
llll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:05 am

Post by llll »

@Monkey Well, at least you've stopped picking on absentee Wake. That was low. He couldn't even defend himself.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:06 am

Post by droog »

In post 245, droog wrote:
In post 116, MonkeyMan576 wrote:Being defensive and emotional is indicative of scum, because scum are more worried about their own survival because there are fewer of them than town. Town worry about scum hunting over survival.

Also, saying someone is probtown this early in the game sounds like someone trying to whiteknight their scum partner.

cereal box facts are more accurate.
hinting scum motive without saying it straight
or pompous mafia theories that mean nothing
are scummy
so youre scummy

In post 248, droog wrote:Being defensive and emotional is indicative of scum

In post 261, droog wrote:
In post 259, MonkeyMan576 wrote:Yeah because his argument was really really bad. I don't care if every single player said I wasn't being clear. I was perfecly clear. I said "being defensive and emotional is indicative of scum." I don't know how to get any more clear than that. It's like if I said your pacman avatar is blue, and you say, "no it's not it's yellow.", and then I say, "but everyone else says it's blue." That doesn't make the avatar any less yellow.

pacman is not saying your argument makes 0 sense
he says either it doesnt make sense or youre communicating poorly
if youre town, stop, collaborate, and listen
explain what you meant in the first place again
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"i dislike this guy immensely"
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:09 am

Post by droog »

In post 979, llll wrote:@Monkey Well, at least you've stopped picking on absentee Wake. That was low. He couldn't even defend himself.

????????
is someone protceted
because theyre flaking out???

do you know what lurking is
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
Reticent
Reticent
Townie
Reticent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:10 am

Post by Reticent »

Oh was that it? :neutral:

My sincerest apologies, then, carry on.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:15 am

Post by droog »

Spoiler:
In post 698, MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Vote: Wake88

His endday play was pretty suspicious, specifically the way he relied on other people's explanation of cases rather than doing his own research.

In post 707, MonkeyMan576 wrote:Wake, here is the specific behavior I am talking about, an overreliance on other players opinions and information.

In post 408, Wake1 wrote:I've got a lot to read up on.

Anything noteworthy?

I will have time during the first half of tomorrow.

In post 617, Wake1 wrote:I have limited time.

Do we have anything pertinent as of yet? Very brief summaries of the latest highlights would suffice. Not reading 25 pages of Day 1 speculation.

In post 637, Wake1 wrote:So, why vote Lapsa?

In post 709, MonkeyMan576 wrote:
In post 708, Wake1 wrote:And? I've got a life outside of Mafia, so pardon if I ask a handful of questions to help me catch up. And what's wrong with ?

I want to know what your problem is with asking questions to get caught up to speed instead of getting bogged down by sloughing through muck. Don't know about you, but time is precious, so whining about me asking if anything important happened yet isn't wrong at all. You know better. If that's what you think passes for an excuse to vote me, you are sorely mistaken, and I will rip you apart over it until you acknowledge your reasoning here is crud.

My problem is that it's lazy and anti-town. What if the people you are asking for help with are scum?

In post 712, MonkeyMan576 wrote:
In post 710, Wake1 wrote:
In post 708, Wake1 wrote:And? I've got a life outside of Mafia, so pardon if I ask a handful of questions to help me catch up. And what's wrong with ?

I want to know what your problem is with asking questions to get caught up to speed instead of getting bogged down by sloughing through muck. Don't know about you, but time is precious, so whining about me asking if anything important happened yet isn't wrong at all. You know better. If that's what you think passes for an excuse to vote me, you are sorely mistaken, and I will rip you apart over it until you acknowledge your reasoning here is crud.

My problem is that it's lazy and anti-town. What if the people you are asking for help with are scum?

If I had all the time in the world then yes it'd be lazy. I do not, and I don't think it's too much to ask the other twelve players to give a brief summary. If anything's lazy, it's refusing to even provide a sentence or two i response when you have more time than the person asking. BS on it being anti-Town, BS on it being scummy, and BS on it being lazy. I'm not asking everyone to provide walls of text doing my own work. I'm asking the other players (not all, but at least one) to help me catch up with a sentence or two. What's so difficult about it? Are you trying to fabricate reasons to cast suspicion on me? I think the route you're taking is horrible if you're Town, because if you're Town we are a team, and we help each other out if we are able. There's a chance that one of the people providing a response is Scum, but hey, that's the risk you take in a game of Mafia. People don't suddenly stop asking others for reads because, *gasp*, the person being asked could be Scum. I am not liking this new direction from you, and am now more eager than ever to question the motives behind your actions.

Wow, you don't like a direction where you're being scumread, that's a surprise.

@ret

which looks scummier
monkey for switching to wake at random
or |||| saying monkey was picking on wake
when monkey did develop a case on wake for lurking
llll
llll
Goon
llll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:22 am

Post by llll »

@droog The dude said he can no longer play anymore, and explained why. That is null, not scummy. And really decent and thoughtful and considerate, to boot.

Now picking on and trying to start a wagon on a player who will not be able to defend himself is scummy. I thought you knew that, Druggie.
In post 763, droog wrote:((also side track
i appreciate a player who knows when to sub out
thanks wake))

I should have known townish behavior from you was too good to last.
llll
llll
Goon
llll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:24 am

Post by llll »

@droog Wait wait, so was Monkey's vote "random" or did he "develop a case"? It can't be both.
llll
llll
Goon
llll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:37 am

Post by llll »

@droog And why was it that you never voted for Wake even though Wake, according to you, was "flaking out"?

I mean, if I am scummy for defending allegedly scummy Wake, and scummy enough to vote for, why not vote for scummy Wake at the beginning of the day? Or did you realize that was a shit wagon and your mate ScumkyMan was not going to get anywhere with it? Then why bash Wake now if not out of desperation at the impending demise of your bud Monkey?
Reticent
Reticent
Townie
Reticent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:40 am

Post by Reticent »

In post 983, droog wrote:
Spoiler:

His endday play was pretty suspicious, specifically the way he relied on other people's explanation of cases rather than doing his own research.

In post 707, MonkeyMan576 wrote:Wake, here is the specific behavior I am talking about, an overreliance on other players opinions and information.

Anything noteworthy?

Do we have anything pertinent as of yet? Very brief summaries of the latest highlights would suffice. Not reading 25 pages of Day 1 speculation.

If I had all the time in the world then yes it'd be lazy. I do not, and I don't think it's too much to ask the other twelve players to give a brief summary. If anything's lazy, it's refusing to even provide a sentence or two i response when you have more time than the person asking. BS on it being anti-Town, BS on it being scummy, and BS on it being lazy. I'm not asking everyone to provide walls of text doing my own work. I'm asking the other players (not all, but at least one) to help me catch up with a sentence or two. What's so difficult about it? Are you trying to fabricate reasons to cast suspicion on me? I think the route you're taking is horrible if you're Town, because if you're Town we are a team, and we help each other out if we are able. There's a chance that one of the people providing a response is Scum, but hey, that's the risk you take in a game of Mafia. People don't suddenly stop asking others for reads because, *gasp*, the person being asked could be Scum. I am not liking this new direction from you, and am now more eager than ever to question the motives behind your actions.

@ret

which looks scummier

That "case" looks pretty scummy to me, to be honest.

Latching onto an inactive player (read: lynchbait), scumreading them for their activity level, and asking ridiculous questions like, "What if the people you're asking for help with are scum?" (hey, newsflash, if you ask scum to summarize something for you and they lie about it, then we'll call them on it and lynch them) is pretty bad.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:23 am

Post by droog »

In post 985, llll wrote:@droog Wait wait, so was Monkey's vote "random" or did he "develop a case"? It can't be both.

The vote came our of left field
But he developed it with a case
No contradiction
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:24 am

Post by droog »

In post 986, llll wrote:@droog And why was it that you never voted for Wake even though Wake, according to you, was "flaking out"?

I mean, if I am scummy for defending allegedly scummy Wake, and scummy enough to vote for, why not vote for scummy Wake at the beginning of the day? Or did you realize that was a shit wagon and your mate ScumkyMan was not going to get anywhere with it? Then why bash Wake now if not out of desperation at the impending demise of your bud Monkey?

show me bashing wake
show me calling him scummy
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:25 am

Post by droog »

In post 987, Reticent wrote:
In post 983, droog wrote:
Spoiler:

Anything noteworthy?

@ret

which looks scummier

That "case" looks pretty scummy to me, to be honest.

Latching onto an inactive player (read: lynchbait), scumreading them for their activity level, and asking ridiculous questions like, "What if the people you're asking for help with are scum?" (hey, newsflash, if you ask scum to summarize something for you and they lie about it, then we'll call them on it and lynch them) is pretty bad.

@ret: I agree
But \||| throwing a fit over it
Is scummy too

And monkey and ||||
can't voth be scummy
For opposite opinions
Reticent
Reticent
Townie
Reticent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:42 am

Post by Reticent »

I agree - which is why I don't think |||| "throwing a fit over" a scummy case is particularly scummy.

What would an appropriate level of incredulity on ||||'s part have looked like?
llll
llll
Goon
llll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:46 am

Post by llll »

@droog I reread the thread more closely - yeah, you didn't really do any Wake bashing after Wake left earlier in the day, so apologies for the misrep.

Right now, though, you're still either implying Wake was scummy, or that trying to form a wagon on an absentee Wake is not scummy. Why are you doing this? Oh that's right I said,
In post 979, llll wrote:@Monkey Well, at least you've stopped picking on absentee Wake. That was low. He couldn't even defend himself.

And I guess you need
something
to jump on to try to divert your bud Monkey's wagon. It's still scummy on your part, imo, but nowhere to the extent I believed earlier, when I didn't read your earlier posts Today as carefully as I should have. (Have you considered purchasing a shift key? It would enhance readability.)
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:16 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

If droog and I were really scum partners do you think he'd be defending me this hard? As said before, I am lynchbait so if I get lynched and flip scum that puts him next in line. Him sticking his neck out for me is as townish as it gets.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:32 pm

Post by droog »

I don't agree with monkey's cad
But I don't suspect it

Why is lynching lurkers scummy
llll
llll
Goon
llll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:42 pm

Post by llll »

Lynching lurkers is not scummy.
Bandwagoning players for being lurky after they have asked to be replaced out is scummy. Wait for a replacement, don't wagon a defenseless player. But Monkey did this.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:57 pm

Post by Wake1 »

I'll reprise this slot if you'll have me, Riddleton and co.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
llll
llll
Goon
llll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:10 pm

Post by llll »

@Mod Do we get another deadline extension if Wake is back?
llll
llll
Goon
llll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:10 pm

Post by llll »

Not quite as busty anymore, eh Wake?
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:25 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Still busy, but not so exhausted. Research candidiasis.

Not planning to read through the past posts, so will start from this point on.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”