On the Issue of Villiage Idiots (VI's)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:39 pm

Post by Adel »

Primate wrote:Because you can't apply traditional models to them, you may have to spend a fair bit more time than normal questioning them just to get any idea at all.
Consider the case of the almost lurking VI. I'd also like to point out that being awful at Mafia isn't a flaw limited to idiots. Very clever and articulate people can also be quite awful at mafia.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:50 pm

Post by Adel »

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5472]Newbie 393[/quote] is a perfect example. PurpleKoopa got lynched for being the VI (don't worry about it, you'll get better) and lost the game. In support of Rosso Carne's earlier suggestion that it is better to be unreadable, it also shows what happens when a powerrole acts too pro-town. I was the cop in that game, and I was also the N1 lynch. I didn't claim, drop hints, breadcrumb or do anything to give myself away, the scum NK'd me because I was too-townie. To add insult to injury the one IC in the game who wasn't scum was playing in an unreadable manner, so I drove the bandwagon that lynched him day 1 on the basis of a couple of pretty minor scumtells.

Mistakes made by town:
1. Lynching the VI
2. Powerrole acting too-townie
3. Lynching an unreadable player

Result: rout by scum
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:13 pm

Post by Adel »

If true, that is an interesting stat. My hunch is that the utility of lynching the VI is directly proportional to the number of players in the game. Large game = possibly good idea. C7 = horrid idea.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”