SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

iHouse
iHouse
Townie
iHouse
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:06 am

Post by iHouse »

In post 1222, Imperium wrote:
In post 1220, iHouse wrote:
In post 1187, FourTrouble wrote:
In post 1185, Solar Wind wrote:Why does it feel necessarily town? I can plausibly see scum thinking like that.

Not necessarily town; probably. I think there's much less time investmest required as scum - you can lurk, skim, and fake some analysis, amd you'll get by. Town, on the other hand, are gonna need to reread and reread; scum aren't. It looks to me like he was trying to catch up and didn't have anything to contribute, was struggling to develop reads, and didn't have the time to parse everything carefully. Scum would have just faked some easy posts and kept lurking.

Flawed reasoning on both ends of the spectrum.

According to your logic, I'm scum because I simply can't get interested in the game but don't replace out of games (hence my "easy posts & lurking").

A crap townread would be an easy way to help a scum buddy ease into the game with a town assumption, and I don't like that.

Replacing out is null.

Where is eyestott? Why did you guys decide to hydra?

Am I his keeper? He's around considerably more than I am. How do you not know that?

The reason we decided to hydra is irrelevant to our role.
Hydra of House and eyestott
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:32 am

Post by FourTrouble »

Just because scum do something doesn't mean it's a scum-tell; town might be just as likely to do it too.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:33 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 1225, iHouse wrote:
In post 1222, Imperium wrote:
In post 1185, Solar Wind wrote:Why does it feel necessarily town? I can plausibly see scum thinking like that.

Not necessarily town; probably. I think there's much less time investmest required as scum - you can lurk, skim, and fake some analysis, amd you'll get by. Town, on the other hand, are gonna need to reread and reread; scum aren't. It looks to me like he was trying to catch up and didn't have anything to contribute, was struggling to develop reads, and didn't have the time to parse everything carefully. Scum would have just faked some easy posts and kept lurking.

According to your logic, I'm scum because I simply can't get interested in the game but don't replace out of games (hence my "easy posts & lurking").

A crap townread would be an easy way to help a scum buddy ease into the game with a town assumption, and I don't like that.

Replacing out is null.

Where is eyestott? Why did you guys decide to hydra?

Am I his keeper? He's around considerably more than I am. How do you not know that?

The reason we decided to hydra is irrelevant to our role.

I have an answer for the "how do I not know how much eyestott is around" question, hold on!
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:34 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 1217, Imperium wrote:
In post 1216, VysePresident wrote:Going to make one last try to catch up in the next day or two. If not, I'll replace. Sorry again. :(

Why not just start fresh and say fuck reading the rest of the game? I think that's probably what I'm gonna do starting now!
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:36 am

Post by Imperium »

I know why you decided to hydra is irrelevant to your role. I guess I was just curious, is all :(
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:57 am

Post by Cephrir »

Spoiler: Cephrir embarks on a high-flying, swashbuckling adventure through time and space
In post 47, Solar Wind wrote:Pedit: I don't like Xombie. Gut.

Mhm. He was a mite awkward. I wouldn't say he's the only one bugging me so far though.

In post 48, T S O wrote:
In post 44, FourTrouble wrote:TSO's posts felt awkward but not alignment indicative.

did they

In post 45, Xombie wrote:His 'hi' is super sketch.

is it

You're weird. Bring back TSO.

In post 55, Imperium wrote:
In post 50, vezokpiraka wrote:Important stuff: Should we claim our neighbourhoods now or keep them hidden until later?

I was just thinking about this myself. One thing I'm concerned about is something that happened in Final Fantasy where we got all hung up on the neighborhood stuff and it distracted from scum hunting. Though since these are predetermined neighborhoods and we all know they exist then it might not end up being the same problem?

Didn't a game desperado ran have neighborhoods pre-setup? Was anyone here in that game? How was that handled?

As a wise man once said, "I'm gonna put this out there now, I am literally dayvigging the first person to suggest that anyone is any alignment solely because they are in X neighborhood. I will cut off your sex parts and feed them to you."

In post 61, Imperium wrote:btw i think solar wind and ft are town

I think FT is town! I am not going to give F-16 an easy read ever again but he certainly *looks* townish by page 5.

In post 73, Imperium wrote:Just so we're clear.

In post 17, Solar Wind wrote:
In post 14, Imperium wrote:
In post 8, Solar Wind wrote:/confirm. Holy fuck we drew town. FT, how about you?

We didn't, not that you cared anyways.
It's fine, I didn't really want to play with you anyways :igmeou:

Well if you didn't, I'll find out soon enough now I have experience with not only yours but Tammy's scumgame as well.

Are you quaking in your boots at having to deal with me/Ffery hydra?

The person who makes this post, if town, does not turn around and ignore this post:

In post 53, Imperium wrote:
In post 51, Solar Wind wrote:
In post 46, Imperium wrote:Heheh that's what you thought before Fantasy Camp. >_>

I don't know if Nacho or I are ones to quake in our boots but I think if we did draw scum, we'd see this post, look nod on gchat and proclaim "Challenge Accepted"

Are you quaking in your boots having to deal with a me/nacho hydra?

Though Nacho is a horrible horrible troll who is a not nice hydra partner. I was telling him last night how much I hoped we'd draw town because I just don't have the energy to play scum right now, and what do I come home to? A log of him apologizing that we drew scum, who our partners were and what our role was. Fucker. Give him a virtual kick. My heart dropped with disappointment.

I was on edge about drawing scum since the point we signed up to the point we received our role PM because I didn't want to disappoint Ffery by causing our slot to get lynched early but I was so fucking elated when we saw our role PM.

I hope so! And I hope if so we find each other early and can work together. Ffery and I keep saying that we need to work together sooner when we're town reading each other to wreck scum teams. And I was telling Bulbazack last night that I haven't been happy with most of my town games from the past year and need to fix some of the things that have been bringing it down, and I'm hoping this is one of the games that I can turn some of that stuff around in.

And then make this post:

In post 67, Solar Wind wrote:Not sure. I don't feel the townvibes that I'm hoping you and Tammy would give off if you are town yet. There's one other thing that bugged me but I'm going to hold on to it for now and discuss with Ffery. In the meantime, I want to see obvtown Nacho and obvtown Tammy.

Because if you think you actually know what either of our scum games are like. And think your meta is so great that you know how to read us "soon enough", doesn't ignore the town dripping from our posts and claim they concern you while ignoring a post that you should have responded to.

Why haven't either of you posted in the neighborhood yet?

Well, that kinda came out of left field. You're saying this about a townread apparently? I'll agree that your posts have been dripping town. I think, anyway. But I'm sure as hell not reading either of you off five pages. I've learned both of those lessons the hard way.

In post 87, Solar Wind wrote:
In post 81, T S O wrote:seriously there has to be room for the buttfuck somewhere else

This is true love. Regardless of alignments. We will lynch each other with tears in our eyes and rents in our souls should it come to that.

Removed the double quote. I assume you only meant to quote that once?

Your relationship absolutely baffles me.

In post 92, Imperium wrote:
In post 89, Imperium wrote:This is not a who is more town slap contest, and I refuse to get into that.

Listen, Tammy.
I know this isn't a who is more slap contest for you, and I understand that. You have the luxury of being universally townread every game and town beyond town: it's like a mercy killing when you don't get into slap contests because you know you're going to win. Now, think of me AKA the little man. Every day and every night I put countless hours and typing into these fingers just trying to get someone to trust me, just trying to get that next piece of edge but I don't need that anymore, I'm a leaf on the wind and I'm soaring into the friendliest meadows with the nicest rivers and it's legitimately just a gorgeous view when I can do whatever the hell I want and still I'll be town in the end. And it's thanks to you. And I know it's horrible for me to ask for more when you've already given so much, but just let me have this. Please.

This post is so beautiful *sniff*

Casso brought tears to my eyes with cute before but goddamn it this is too sweet~

In post 119, Ankamius wrote:Ok yeah, I'm not reading anything that gets posted before the game starts.

:igmeou:
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
iHouse
iHouse
Townie
iHouse
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:06 am

Post by iHouse »

In post 1229, Imperium wrote:I know why you decided to hydra is irrelevant to your role. I guess I was just curious, is all :(

We played in a game together. He wanted to hydra, and I was intrigued.
iHouse
iHouse
Townie
iHouse
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:08 am

Post by iHouse »

In post 1226, FourTrouble wrote:Just because scum do something doesn't mean it's a scum-tell; town might be just as likely to do it too.

Backpedal harder. If I was playing solo I'd already be voting you.

Waiting for input from eye.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:13 am

Post by RachMarie »

Welcome to the madhouse, Cephir.

I am going to take a closer look at some folks and see if I can narrow my reads down more. Right now its mostly meh :(
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:32 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 1232, iHouse wrote:Backpedal harder. If I was playing solo I'd already be voting you.

I literally lol'd at this. I don't follow how you're getting this from what I said.
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:44 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

Because my reads are often shitty and in a game this big I'll forget that by the time it becomes relevant if I am wrong.
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:44 am

Post by Cephrir »

Spoiler: Cephrir sails his ship with casual ease, seeking fame and fortune on the high seas
In post 134, Solar Wind wrote:For Xombie, my feeling is that he was resisting rather than facilitating progress of the game. People can get reads in confirmation stage and his felt like he didn't like that there was a lot of content rather than seizing the opportunity to get reads. Now this can be a playstyle tell and a lot of people did similar things to that later and some people are not as aggressive as others in developing reads. But combine that with which I really, really hated. While I liked FT's attack on Bitmap, Xombie's "
One too many towns for that song, I think. Overcompensating?
" felt fake on a gut level. I especially didn't like the "
overcompensating
" as it a) felt like a stretch to make Bitmap look scummy, and b) like he was looking for validation of that read by asking it as a question rather than directly attacking Bitmap. Plus the reasoning was super weak in a scummy way even for page 2. FT's attack on Bitmap made much more sense. Xombie's attack boiled down to having too many towns in his post. Then he joking read on T S O for saying "hi" and the "town would add punctuation" in and felt pretty weak. If he was town stretching for content early game, he'd have commented on something that was actually substantial.

What's your read on him?

First thought was this was a lot of words about someone who's posted so few words, but it ended up making sense.

In post 138, FourTrouble wrote:45 taken alone feels like Xombie saw 40 and 41, read over TSO, saw the "hi," and then commented on it. The direct and immediate response to our potential concerns felt very town. I agree his attempt to justify it later in 54 was scummy, which is why I asked about it.

Nah yo. That's a pretty easy way to look involved.

In post 151, Solar Wind wrote:
I noticed what you commented on, though I was in the thick of things with nachotammy. He doesn't concern me at this time, and I feel a little bad for not really acknowledging it.

This rubbed me wrong. Hopefully it's the hydra because I don't know what I expect from out-the-gate ffery but this struck me oddly and now I am not really sure why it did but I'm still going to post this rambling mess about it 'cuz that's how I do

In post 154, Metal Sonic wrote:uh okay youre town fine

:?
In post 169, Metal Sonic wrote:i think you are f16

your tone is fishy

i think you are scum

VOTE: solar wind

I don't know what to make of this entire interaction (but note from the future: I kinda like the list thing MS is doing, even if it's pretty simplistic)

In post 173, Solar Wind wrote:
Most players actually ask my hydra who made a particular post before voting us.

:|

In post 180, Metal Sonic wrote:if you're scum theres nothing you can do about it anyway

so dont be twiddling your thumbs

Please, please let this be a real daycop, oh please.

In post 233, Solar Wind wrote:FourTrouble, Farside, Ooba, Brantz, House and Rach are likely town. Discuss.

The list I posted in our hydra PT also included Imperium but townreading Tammy is town means it is harder to mess around with her and I wanted to do it a little longer as telling her about her towniness is boring - she hears it every game nonstop.

Wut

Ooba isn't close to town yet. If he's town I'll probably see it before too long, but not even close yet. Has Rach even posted? If she has it was eminently forgettable.
Bartleby the Scrivener
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:26 am

Post by farside22 »

I'll have my read list Thursday.
Sorry for the delay, it's easier to get everything organized on a computer vs phone.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
iHouse
iHouse
Townie
iHouse
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:33 am

Post by iHouse »

First you say...

Spoiler: FourTrouble gives a townread on terrible grounds

To which I respond...

Spoiler: I, House thus push said terrible read

Replacing out is null.

At which point you backpedal...

Spoiler: FourTrouble looking caught
In post 1223, FourTrouble wrote:
In post 1220, iHouse wrote:According to your logic, I'm scum because I simply can't get interested in the game but don't replace out of games (hence my "easy posts & lurking").

No. Just because something's a town-tell doesn't mean the opposite is a scum-tell.

So I point out your hypocrisy...

Spoiler: I, House being awesome
In post 1224, iHouse wrote:
In post 1223, FourTrouble wrote:
In post 1220, iHouse wrote:According to your logic, I'm scum because I simply can't get interested in the game but don't replace out of games (hence my "easy posts & lurking").

No. Just because something's a town-tell doesn't mean the opposite is a scum-tell.

In post 1187, FourTrouble wrote:Scum would have just faked some easy posts and kept lurking.

You were saying?

So you complete the backpedal which completely nullifies your initial "point"...

Spoiler: FourTrouble Completes Circle of Logic
In post 1226, FourTrouble wrote:Just because scum do something doesn't mean it's a scum-tell; town might be just as likely to do it too.

I'd be thrilled with a FourTrouble lynch at this point.
-Blonde-
-Blonde-
Townie
-Blonde-
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:34 am

Post by -Blonde- »

I can't keep up and I'm in other game, so
Mod replace me
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:10 am

Post by Solar Wind »

FT's not getting lynched because he's town but thanks for attacking him that was incredibly transparently town so now I feel better about the townread on you and can focus on other people (@iHouse).
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:10 am

Post by Solar Wind »

*in a way that was incredibly transparently town.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:16 am

Post by Solar Wind »

Okay, I read Ceph's catch up so far and have a few thoughts.

Please, no one comment on anything he said until he's fully caught up. I want to see how he catches up organically.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:28 am

Post by dramonic »

Votecount 12: Replacements eh?

Theaceofspades (4): AngryPidgeon, Farside22, TiphaineDeath, vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka (3): BRantz, -Blonde-
FourTrouble (2): The Mask, Ooba
BRantz (1): PeregrineV
Solar Wind (1): Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz (1): Xombie
The Mask (1): Ankamius
AngryPidgeon (1): Imperium
Bitmap (1): RachMarie
-Blonde- (1): Mastin2
Imperium (1): TSO
TiphaineDeath (1): FourTrouble
iHouse (0): beastcharizard

Not voting: theaceofspades, iHouse, ZZZX, Solar Wind, VysePresident

Replacement hunting-oh!
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Xombie
Xombie
Goon
Xombie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by Xombie »

In post 1175, Solar Wind wrote:
In post 1174, BRantz wrote:Okay, starting my catch up. Is there anything people would like me to focus on in my read up?

Yes. A deeper level of understanding of AngryPidgeon's posts beyond "he wrote walls so he's town." Also comments on my case on him.

I am probably a little guilty of this
But I think it's also assuming that more people have a 'deeper level of understanding' of AP's posts like you and that's just not the case.
And I'd be comparing it with the most recent wall but... I'll wait til he's caught up?
Xombie
Xombie
Goon
Xombie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:45 pm

Post by Xombie »

In post 1221, Imperium wrote:
In post 1218, Xombie wrote:
In post 1217, Imperium wrote:
In post 1216, VysePresident wrote:Going to make one last try to catch up in the next day or two. If not, I'll replace. Sorry again. :(

Why not just start fresh and say fuck reading the rest of the game? I think that's probably what I'm gonna do starting now!

I wish I could get away with that but not reading would eat away at me lol

I feel so fucking free right now! I've been guilty about not reading the game and not being invested but now I'm riding my bike with no handlebars and I don't think I'm ever going back.

Oh yeah?!
What do you think abouuuut... Brantz?
Also lol.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Oh, totally missed the handlebars reference.

I'm skeptical, though. Alive, for now. Famous, sure. Take things apart and almost put them back together, definitely. Good with history, sure. Running the business, I suppose, and buy a product, well, yeah. Predicting the future, a bit iffy but I'll give ya. See the strings, well depends on which half does the posting, yet get no resistance to your leadership is assured. On top, sure. Reach is definitely global, and certainly could be called a secure tower. All-but-given that you're noble and pure, too.

...But where's the rap?!?
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Xombie
Xombie
Goon
Xombie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:28 pm

Post by Xombie »

Uh wut
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:31 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Disclaimer: I don't actually like this song

Disclaimer disclaimer: I will probably continue catching up tomorrow, I'm doing this cool thing where I play mafia almost exclusively at work and it is awesome
Bartleby the Scrivener
Xombie
Xombie
Goon
Xombie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by Xombie »

In post 1248, Cephrir wrote:

Disclaimer: I don't actually like this song

Disclaimer disclaimer: I will probably continue catching up tomorrow, I'm doing this cool thing where I play mafia almost exclusively at work and it is awesome

Hah!
I was debating that one too because of the wiki description in line with Imperium.

"Jamie Laurie stated that the song "is about the idea that we have so much incredible potential as human beings to be destructive or to be creative."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”