Post by Honey bee »

Vote count 2.00

Aristophanes (2):
farside22, acryon
Ginko (1):
YYR
Metalcyanide (1):
West9

Not voting: Aristophanes, Ginko, Lyserg-Zeroz, Metalcyanide, prawneater, VysePresident
With 10 alive It takes 6 to lynch*. Day ends in: (expired on 2015-02-08 08:07:00)

*fixed
Last edited by Honey bee on Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:16 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

So Lal was scum and Orc was town......wooo glad I got those reads right :facepalm:

West 9:
In post 377, Metalcyanide wrote:Anyways, who said I was defending Ari. If you haven't noticed I'm still voting for him and have him as my best scum read. The rest of it was just me analyzing his move. Also, I didn't defend his scum read on me I just said he used me as the reaction bait. And I anwsered it because I wanted to.

I think you've played long enough to know about the no-no that is answering questions directed at someone else before they do, so I'm gonna need a real answer: why did you think your insight into Ari's play there was valuable enough to chime in before he answered the question himself?

I anwsered this to add to the game that's it. You should know I'm not really someone who does what he is supposed to do. Sorry if I gave him some kind of out.

Metal was around at the end of yesterday, but instead of pushing the Ari wagon, did jack shit and asked about timezones. I don't like that, especially for someone who went out of their way to say that they didn't think Lalendra was scum.

Yep I was around and I was trying to figure out when the day was going to end by the time we got I figured it out Lal was hammered. Also, I had already made my points about the Ari wagon and I wasn't a huge fan of the other wagons.

West 9:
B) Orci is not from our dumb other site, which feels like a more likely kill from one of Lyserg, Metal, Aristophanes, West, or Young, as they'd be more uncomfortable killing someone that points to them.

Orc being killed does point directly at me as I thought he and Acryon could be a team.

Ginko (Johnny version):
The idea that D2 people would be less likely to kill D2 people is silly.

If anything I would think people would try to kill off the people who know thier play style

Vote: VOTE: Ari because it's still my best read. But other scum reads are West, Vyse and Ginko. I can't see wolf voting for wolf on D1.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:19 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

Also glad you feel better Ari and anyone who is in the NorthEast good luck with the blizzard. I'll be at work the next 3 days because of it :cry:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 460, West9 wrote:Why do you think werewolves would be confident at this point? Didn't half of their team just die?
Enough people had listed orci as being scummy that scum trying to kill other scum still could've been the case here.

I'd like Johnny head to respond to this.
Also lal had called out orc as scum, meaning less likely to be considered wolf as well so why would the wolf player just not make the kill based on that no mater the alignment?

Ari: how about telling me your scum reads and why?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:24 pm

Post by farside22 »

I think if necessary the wolf partner might vote for the other but I want to recheck why players voted lal to get that paranoia out of the way.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Ginko
Ginko
Townie
Ginko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:26 pm

Post by Ginko »

In post 460, West9 wrote:Why do you think werewolves would be confident at this point? Didn't half of their team just die?

Because that kill is a confident one. If they thought town was onto them or that they were in any danger, they wouldn't have killed someone who hadn't talked for days and then up and got replaced during the night.

You're silly.

Enough people had listed orci as being scummy that scum trying to kill other scum still could've been the case here.

Yes, it could have. I'm saying I think it's less likely.

VysePresident wrote:
In post 459, Ginko wrote:

3. I agree that Seer should look at
Acryon not really seeing Young
. Acryon's switch from Ari to Lal right at the beginning of that wagon pretty much cleared him in my books unless the seer tells me otherwise.
- Johnny

Did you accidentally switch the names around in that first sentence? This bit isn't making much sense, taken straight.

My thought process is, if Acryon just happens to have amazing foresight and is actually the other werewolf, there is no way I'm voting him unless a seer tells me otherwise. Young I could see us lynching.

We're having some internal discussions about voting right now. Keely wants a reread and I kinda wanna vote either West or Vyse, so I'll just hold off for a while

p-edit: way ahead of you
Hydra of JohnnyFarrar and Cheetory6.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:30 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 284, YYR wrote:zzz

VOTE: Lalendra

Someone should smack me if I don't make a substantial post tomorrow.

Can you explain why you voted lal at this point?
Ginko
Ginko
Townie
Ginko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by Ginko »

Your vote pivot at the beginning of today is weird farside. splain it.
Ginko
Ginko
Townie
Ginko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:37 pm

Post by Ginko »

SIGNED JOHNNY
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:03 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 482, Ginko wrote:Your vote pivot at the beginning of today is weird farside. splain it.

Why is it weird considering how I felt day 1 and based on what I said about who I think is scum?

Do you go for who you believe is scum or figuring out who maybe scum?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:06 pm

Post by farside22 »

As for me I thought about 3 factors (1) scum can't kill and (2) scum can hide by just looking for the wolf and (3) there is no cop in this game just a seer who maybe can weed out the final wolf.

Now Johnny I asked you a question prior to my post but can you explain why you want to just hunt the wolf.
Ginko
Ginko
Townie
Ginko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:18 pm

Post by Ginko »

Because I feel town would benefit from a basically nightless game from now on
Ginko
Ginko
Townie
Ginko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:19 pm

Post by Ginko »

#Johnnypost
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:37 pm

Post by farside22 »

Only wolf hunting could lead to a mislynch.
Searching for both faction may increase a scum lynch.

And just for the sake of it.

Who are your scum reads based on the game as a whole?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:39 pm

Post by farside22 »

Just to make a point stick

10 player
3 scum/1 wolf
5 vt
1 seer town

You see looking at the whole better shot finding scum one way or another.
Mislynch ing helps the scum team more.
Ginko
Ginko
Townie
Ginko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:10 pm

Post by Ginko »

I mean that just looks like settling. I'll vote a mafia if it gets down to it but I don't think it's an argument that wolf death would be the best thing for the town right now.

West or Vyse could be Wolfy (more likely that than regular scum, but nothing's particularly non-regular scum about them so whatever.)

I'm confident that farside and Lyserg are town, Ari to a lesser extent as well. Everyone else
could
be standard scum with front runners being Acryon, West, Vyse and maybe a douse of Young if he ever starts posting.

*Reminder to myself to check if prawneater's done literally anything.
Ginko
Ginko
Townie
Ginko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:11 pm

Post by Ginko »

you know who said it damn it
Lyserg-Zeroz
Lyserg-Zeroz
Townie
Lyserg-Zeroz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:29 pm

Post by Lyserg-Zeroz »

@Ginko: That question about changing reads was because of Johnny saying something like that about Metal and me remembering that when I was asking Acryon about his readslist.
(Heh... I wonder if Orci's "I'm gonna seer you" comment had anything to do with this kill)
Sleepy comments before (heading to bed and then) rereading and fully catching up and stuff:

That Acryon somehow understood my question backwards reads disingenuous to me when considering he answered Ginko and Young's "Why is Lyserg that low" questions in a way that fits with the "low = scummier" thing .... and he never actually told me why Vyse was sorta scummy to him. The idea that he just forgot his Vyse read because it was made up is nice at first, but I'd think scum wouldn't be so careless about that sort of thing.

@farside:
Not wolf with Lal would be West, Metal, Orc or Ginko

Can you explain more of this? Not super seeing most of that (except Orc, but I mean). I want to say I see West, but he only started really addressing Lal once her wagon had already outgrown Ari's, so I don't want to rule out bussing there. The way Metal addressed Lal seemed off to me after some point, and they sorta defending each other doesn't reassure me there at all (... oh wait, you then said Metal could be Lal's buddy...), and Ginko's dismissiveness of the Lal wagon annoyed me.

I wish I had been present closer to deadline to fight more with Ginko and Vyse about the validity of a Lal vote. Vyse dismissiveness of the Lal wagon also annoyed me, the "blind lynch" line seemed overboard to me while I didn't feel like he was really saying much against Lal votes besides Acryon's. Defaulting to "lol newb" just reminds me way too much of the game where me and Metal were scumbuddies and makes me feel all off about Vyse again.

@West: How do you feel about the idea of Vyse and Lal being scumbuddies? I thought a lot of his defense of Lal was linked to his attack on Acryon. Also, maybe I'm losing the context because of ISOing, but where does he "fight pretty hard" against farside? start of isn't that hard of a fight, and he has more posts before that where he is disagreeing with farside's townread on Acryon.

@Metal: Give me your updated thoughts on Acryon please.

@Acryon: Give me your updated thoughts on West please.

@
Johnny
Ginko: Why is Ari a townread? I mean, I get a not-wolf read...
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:17 am

Post by farside22 »

My thought process is a bit different.
Originally I thought metal and lal, but metal made a comment about lal willing to attack him and wasn't.
also if you reread metal and lal it really reads more buddying up to each up. Well I see it that way, which is why metal is my scum list but not wolf list.
I'll have to get to the rest after work.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:44 am

Post by acryon »

In post 470, Aristophanes wrote:People are saying I am definitely opposite of Lal. Why does this make me a scum team member and not a town member?

I decided you were scum before I decided you were a different faction than Lal.

In post 492, Lyserg-Zeroz wrote:
That Acryon somehow understood my question backwards reads disingenuous to me when considering he answered Ginko and Young's "Why is Lyserg that low" questions in a way that fits with the "low = scummier" thing .... and he never actually told me why Vyse was sorta scummy to him. The idea that he just forgot his Vyse read because it was made up is nice at first, but I'd think scum wouldn't be so careless about that sort of thing.

*sigh* I thought we talked about this. Start finding scum based on their intentions and their actions, not on what you perceive to be slip-ups. Looking for slip-ups is a bad way to find scum, because scum tend to be a lot
more
careful than town.

In post 492, Lyserg-Zeroz wrote:@Acryon: Give me your updated thoughts on West please.

and specifically ping.

These parts in 335 confuses me the most:
In post 335, West9 wrote:
So basically Ari's wagon still sucks
Why does the Ari wagon suck?

I don't like that both Metal and Lalendra are on it.

In post 335, West9 wrote:The big thing that I don't like about the Lal wagon is that Ari is on it, but I can look past that. Just felt like my last post would've been a weird and not-ideal time to put her at L-1. I'm not opposed to a Lalendra lynch (though I think I'd still prefer an Ari one) so I'll throw a vote down in a day or so.

So his biggest gripe with the Ari wagon is two different people. His biggest gripe with the Lal wagon is one person, but he can look past it. But then ultimately he would prefer the lynch on Ari? I get that not liking people on a wagon isn't the same as liking or disliking a wagon in general, but it still seems like an odd progression to me, especially with all he said in 304 about it sucking.

If I had to guess, I would say he is the other wolf, but I'm much more confident in Ari as scum.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
prawneater
prawneater
Goon
prawneater
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:34 am

Post by prawneater »

VOTE: Aristophanes
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:36 am

Post by acryon »

In post 464, prawneater wrote:
In post 461, VysePresident wrote:@Prawn - Quick question, are you an alt?

Nope.

I'm going to read over the game and get back to you guys with some thoughts.

What do you have for us prawn?
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
prawneater
prawneater
Goon
prawneater
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:40 am

Post by prawneater »

I'm working on it. I promise my next post will be better.
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:26 am

Post by West9 »

In post 476, Metalcyanide wrote:So Lal was scum and Orc was town......wooo glad I got those reads right :facepalm:

West 9:
In post 377, Metalcyanide wrote:Anyways, who said I was defending Ari. If you haven't noticed I'm still voting for him and have him as my best scum read. The rest of it was just me analyzing his move. Also, I didn't defend his scum read on me I just said he used me as the reaction bait. And I anwsered it because I wanted to.

I think you've played long enough to know about the no-no that is answering questions directed at someone else before they do, so I'm gonna need a real answer: why did you think your insight into Ari's play there was valuable enough to chime in before he answered the question himself?

I anwsered this to add to the game that's it. You should know I'm not really someone who does what he is supposed to do. Sorry if I gave him some kind of out.

Metal was around at the end of yesterday, but instead of pushing the Ari wagon, did jack shit and asked about timezones. I don't like that, especially for someone who went out of their way to say that they didn't think Lalendra was scum.

Yep I was around and I was trying to figure out when the day was going to end by the time we got I figured it out Lal was hammered. Also, I had already made my points about the Ari wagon and I wasn't a huge fan of the other wagons.

Boooooo booooo these answers are lame (as in, they do nothing to make me think those actions are less scummy)
In post 476, Metalcyanide wrote:
Vote: VOTE: Ari because it's still my best read. But other scum reads are West, Vyse and Ginko. I can't see wolf voting for wolf on D1.

Why do you still have a scumread on me? Are you still thinking that I'm flying under the radar?
In post 480, Ginko wrote:

Because that kill is a confident one. If they thought town was onto them or that they were in any danger, they wouldn't have killed someone who hadn't talked for days and then up and got replaced during the night.

Hm okay this is the only NKA point of your's I get.

Lyserg,I'm seeing the fight between Vyse and the idea that Lal is scum starting at not where you said. "Fighting hard" may be an exaggeration, but the point is that I would've expected him to be pushing a more solid scumread if he was bashing the Lal suspicions for not being solid enough.

P-EDIT: Sorry I didn't answer the question about Vyse/Lal interactions now. Don't have time. I'll do it later

I'd address Acryon's points against me, but I'm pretty sure he just copypasted what Young said about me, and I was waiting for Ginko to comment on that.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:29 am

Post by farside22 »

Acryon: what did you make of west/lal interaction during day 1?

Return to “Completed Open Games”