Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:24 am

Post by Dral »

lol - is it fair to ask if anyone else targeted FeRnAnDo last night? :)
Dral needs a sig and an avatar
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:13 pm

Post by Dral »

vote: Dral

Looks like I am one of the quacks. I am now a cop who kills innocents. :)
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:15 am

Post by Dral »

unvote:Dral
vote: Mert
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:14 pm

Post by Dral »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Dral wrote:
any reasons?
OMGUS vote :evil:
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:02 pm

Post by Dral »

Battle Mage wrote:avoid night choices? are you frigging serious!?
Our best chance at finding the scum is to use the confirmed quacks to target people. A quack is like a Vig-Cop combo.
Not exactly. I could end up killing any real doctor. Plus, if someone lives, they aren't 100% scum (they could have been protected). I guess with some coordination we could use it as a second lynch. Like give me a target and tell everyone else not to target them. But probably way too difficult to get everyone to agree to that.
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:05 pm

Post by Dral »

JordanA24 wrote:Should anyone else who protected Fernando last night claim?
For pure selfish reasons (so I know if I am a quack), I would like people to tell if they did. But, I have no idea what the best strategy is.
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:37 pm

Post by Dral »

I think we should tell all targets. It should be fairly easy to catch the scums in a lie. We can't wait for a few days because, as people die, it will be easier to lie.
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:26 am

Post by Dral »

Mert wrote:
Dral wrote:I think we should tell all targets. It should be fairly easy to catch the scums in a lie. We can't wait for a few days because, as people die, it will be easier to lie.
Will it? We know how
many
Quacks there are, so scum claiming either Doc or Quack will get harder the more confirmed (ie. dead) people we have. In addition to that, we know the maximum number of "quack attacks" we can have per night, so scum later saying "I must be a Quack because I targetted [x] and [y]" could out them far easier in later days than after only one night.
But, we will not know who the dead people targeted on earlier days. Without this info the scum will be able to come up with lies that we can't confirm.
Mert wrote:I'd be interested in hearing what you think the benefits of claiming today would be though, as there are certain advantages that it holds over a later claim. I'd like to hear your plan for if we mass claim targets today and compare it to if we keep hold of the information for later on.
The benefit is we will have info for future days. After a few days, we will be able to look at past nights and find the lies. The problem I see is that we will lose the dead peoples targets. Today is a good day because we only lost one person last night.

Yes, the downside will be the scum should have an easier time figuring out the quacks (since they know who the scum are and who the scum targeted). I have no idea how big of an advantage this is. Since they don't know who the doctors will target, it may not be a big advantage. For example, I am most likely a quack. Would doctors target me to test for "quackness"? Would the scum not target me? Really hard to tell what the best strategy would be. I like claiming to get info.
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:09 pm

Post by Dral »

unvote: Mert
vote: curiouskarmadog

Someone who doesn't target anyone does us no good. We gain no information. It is also the safest claim for a scum. We can't catch a scum in a lie if they claim they didn't target anyone. On the plus side, we lose no info by lynching him today.

If it matters, I targeted FeRnAnDo to test to see if I was a doctor or not. I tried to pick someone I thought no one else would pick. I guess it worked a little too good.
AmeliaLi wrote:It looks like I'm a doctor, which is a good thing I guess.... I can't believe no one else went for JDodge.
Or it could be any of the following:
1. JDodge is scum.
2. You are scum.
3. FeRnAnDo protected JDodge and you are a quack.
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:14 pm

Post by Dral »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Also, if we all were on honest, wont it be easy for scum to pick out the doctor from Hjallti’s list?
If we were all honest??? I really hope no townies are lieing. It could really mess us up trying to figure it out.
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:12 am

Post by Dral »

curiouskarmadog wrote:if anybody does any metagaming, they will find a current game that Dral was too busy to play in (that started before this one) and had to be replaced. I think he stayed in this game because he is mafia which is far more interesting than being a vanilla townie..I am sure if I dig a little more I will find more games.

Dral, care to comment on why you had to be replaced in other games, but want to play this one?
I don't think we are allowed to talk about other ongoing games especially since some people are in both. So no, I don't care to comment. You will not find other games. This is my only game.
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:35 am

Post by Dral »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Dral wrote:lol - is it fair to ask if anyone else targeted FeRnAnDo last night? :)
isn’t this a fairly safe claim as well, we cant really check this? Seems to me that this too would be an easy mafia claim. He also was quite speedy getting this information right out there too.
Not safe at all. In fact, it would be pretty bad strategy. I am now 100% confirmed quack or scum. If we discover 3 quacks, I am confirmed scum. If I was scum, this would be real bad. Claiming no target is by far the safest claim for scum to make.
curiouskarmadog wrote:I post my post about not wanting to vote anyone for fear of killing them and 6 minutes later Dral posts..
Dral wrote:
I guess my apparent scumminess was over looked then.

I then post.
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Dral wrote:
any reasons?
to find out why he felt Mert who just unvoted him needed a vote. He came back with “OMGUS vote”, which again does not make any since.
OMGUS=Oh My God, You Suck
Mert and I were involved in another game where we were at odds for much of it. I meant the OMGUS in the literal sense when I made the vote. :)
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Dral wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:avoid night choices? are you frigging serious!?
Our best chance at finding the scum is to use the confirmed quacks to target people. A quack is like a Vig-Cop combo.
Not exactly. I could end up killing any real doctor. Plus, if someone lives, they aren't 100% scum (they could have been protected). I guess with some coordination we could use it as a second lynch. Like give me a target and tell everyone else not to target them. But probably way too difficult to get everyone to agree to that.
OK what? He defends not making a night choice. AGAIN, he defend not making a night choice. Then he wants to target someone else and use it as second lynch? Supposedly you are a Quack..you can only kill the town….Why would you want to kill townies?
Strategy for a KNOWN quack (me) and an unknown quack (you) are completely different. You think nobody should protect until we know who the quacks are? That would be a pretty exciting game. The best way to find out if you are a quack is by making night choices.
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Dral wrote:I think we should tell all targets. It should be fairly easy to catch the scums in a lie. We can't wait for a few days because, as people die, it will be easier to lie.
just want to comment on the logic here…how is it easier to lie with fewer people?
Kind of irrelevant now that the decision was made. But the longer we waited the more people that would die. When someone died, we would never know who they targeted on earlier nights. It would be easier for the scum to "fill-in" the gaps. Thus, yes it wold have been easier to lie with less people left.

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Dral wrote:Someone who doesn't target anyone does us no good. We gain no information. It is also the safest claim for a scum. We can't catch a scum in a lie if they claim they didn't target anyone. On the plus side, we lose no info by lynching him today.
votes for me...NOW he knows strategy and how mafia plays? What? BTW, this is a weak argument and I am surprised the town did not jump all over it. You cant lose info by lynching me? WE ARE TRYING TO GET INFORMATION. This smells of scum.
In future days, we are going to look back and see who targeted who on what nights. For example, on day 4 an individual will have made 4 choices. For you we will have less information. We will only have 3 choices. Thus, we lose less info by lynching you.
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:42 am

Post by Dral »

Battle Mage wrote:
Hjallti wrote:The reason I use 'think we may assume' is because I am pretty new here and it seems it is a general rule that the mod gives away the thruthful line up of player on his death. I would expect that with a 'quack doctor' this would be told at the death scene. Maybe the
mod
can answer the question:
Would you reveal of a death player that (s)he is quack or not?
I already asked that. lol
apparently the mod is checking it out with some other people before she can be sure.
Mod
: We really need an answer to this. I had assumed that when a person died their real role would be revelaed. Is this not true? This could affect the strategy we use.
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:51 am

Post by Dral »

Battle Mage wrote:you must have had some bad experienced then. In my experience metagaming can be a very useful tool. Don't get me wrong, it is usually of more value to the individual than to the town itself, but the fact is, metagaming can, as a rule, give significant insight into who might be scum. Indeed in this case, i do consider the action suspicious, but not to the extent of requiring a vote. It has been noted however.
If you guys really want to metagame on me, read my games. I was always pretty high on everyones scum list. I was town in all of them. Must be the way I post or something.
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #14) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:39 pm

Post by Dral »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Dral wrote:

Not safe at all. In fact, it would be pretty bad strategy. I am now 100% confirmed quack or scum. If we discover 3 quacks, I am confirmed scum. If I was scum, this would be real bad. Claiming no target is by far the safest claim for scum to make..
so what you are saying is you are 100% town or scum? How is that not an easy claim in Day 1? With mafia putting out false info, there is no way tell who is Quack or Mafia. I told everyone the truth, I didnt target anyone because I misread the set up and didnt like the odds.
The scum would never want to give the town a way to determine that they are scum. By claiming that I targeted Fernando, my claim will eventually be proven. If three other quacks show up, I would be proven scum. Now, I always assumed that we would know when a quack dies. If we aren't told this, the game got way harder.
Dral wrote:
Strategy for a KNOWN quack (me) and an unknown quack (you) are completely different. You think nobody should protect until we know who the quacks are? That would be a pretty exciting game. The best way to find out if you are a quack is by making night choices..
curiouskarmadog wrote:again, who are you trying to convince? YOU ARE NOT A KNOWN quack, you just finished saying you could be a quack or scum. I never said, I think no one should protect until we know who the quacks are (quote please). Now you are blatantly lying…Jesus, and Mert thinks you are town???
lying? you just said in your last post - "I thought there was 6 quacks and did not like those odds of killing a townie"
The odds are just as bad for everyone else. I assume you meant no one should protect then. We would never find the quacks. The odds wouldn't improve much. At least last night, we only lost one townie and we found one quack.
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:47 pm

Post by Dral »

EBWOP: Actually, after reading my quote above. I never said that you said that. I was asking a question. So I wasn't "blatantly lying".
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #16) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:07 am

Post by Dral »

Thanks for calling me an idiot. Just why I come here to be offended by some anonymous jerk on the internet. Another reminder why this is my last game on this site. Then you say you are going to protect me??? Do you even know how this game works? I think curiouskarmadog is definately one of the scum.
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:45 am

Post by Dral »

I am still following the thread. Nothing going on worth commenting on.
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:58 am

Post by Dral »

Indy wrote:At this point, I would say the odds are in favor that one of us three is a Mafia. It is just a matter of you really indepth players sorting through the posts and finding it.
Not sure how you came to that conclusion. If 2 people target someone and that person lives, you really can't conclude anything. But, I do agree that CKD is scum. :)
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by Dral »

theopor_COD wrote:Let's say we all decide to sit follow the thread and not do anything, the only people this favours is the scum.
I think what you are missing is I was active and posting. But, after no one responds to my posts or says anything else, I think I can legitimately say "nothing else has happened worth posting about". Alot of people are very inactive in this game. It is dreadfully slow. Heck, Jdodge just says its his new playstyle to not post and not be helpful to the town. Everyone said they were fine with that. I don't think you can say I am giving a scum tell wen nobody is active in this game.
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #20) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:57 pm

Post by Dral »

After looking at Jdodge's post, he makes no sense. He is trying a new playstyle on a quack game? How could he even do that? We only have scum, quacks and docs. He can't be trying new doc tactics because we pretty much know everyone thinks they are docs. The only way he could try a new playstyle is if he was scum, unless he specializes in quack games on another board. :)
unvote: curiouskarmadog
vote: JDodge
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #21) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:25 am

Post by Dral »

Aimee wrote:
I cannot reveal this. The decision is that both Doctors and Quacks will be labelled "Doctor". In short, there is no way to work out from the night scene whether FeRnAnDo was a Doctor or a Quack.
wow. This gives the scum a huge advantage. We now have no way to catch them in a lie. They will always be able to say they must be a quack. We should have been told this at the beginning. Every game I have seen, the real role was revealed at death. A miserable game just got worst. Please, go ahead and lynch me.
Dral
Dral
Goon
Dral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #22) » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:13 am

Post by Dral »

JDodge wrote:
Mod:
Replace Dral instead of allowing him to drag the entire game down. Thank you.
Sorry, I didn't realize I was dragging the game down. I thought all the inactive people were doing that. I will try to get replaced.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”