Vote count 1.11

Lalendra (5):
acryon, Aristophanes, orcinus_theoriginal, YRR, Lyserg-Zeroz
Aristophanes (4):
West9, Metalcyanide, farside22, Lalendra
acryon (3):
VysePresident, Ginko, prawneater

Not voting:
With 12 alive It takes 7 to lynch. Day ends in: (expired on 2015-01-22 22:14:00)
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:45 am

Post by VysePresident »

In post 365, acryon wrote:
In post 363, VysePresident wrote:
In post 347, Ginko wrote:Acryon is scum who doesn't understand how someone can distrust 6 people because he's only hunting for a selection of the scum in this game.
Lalendra case is full of a lot of 'Lalendra is being weird' points and her doing things that people don't understand.
Someone make striking points that I can relate to on Lalendra or you should get on board this sexier wagon.

-Cheetory

I think it's more likely that he's just pushing on a perceived weakness. Otherwise, I'm in agreement.

I also like points iii) & iv) in .

How is it exactly that I'm playing purely reactionary again? Given I was the person who first started the push on Lal. And iv is also terrible and I've explained why. You can try to find reasons to call me scum, but these aren't even close to being legitimate.

I don't think you're *purely* reactionary. You seem to engage easily when there's blood in the water. You don't seem to do much beyond that except when challenged/questioned.

iv)Interests me because it feels like it wasn't really a factor in your Lal read, though I'm iffier on this one.

acryon wrote:
In post 360, VysePresident wrote:Basically, Acryon feels like a relatively level-headed Scum player who's more focused on getting a lynch than sorting through the game.

I mean we have one day left and no lynching is pretty bad. And certainly getting lynches is a big part of sorting the game out. You lynch the people you think are scum/wolves and rinse and repeat until you win.

To rephrase, I think your play indicates that you're looking for a lynch more than you're looking for a scum lynch. Theory's sound, play isn't, basically.
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:45 am

Post by VysePresident »

I think I've addressed everything. Hit me with a list if not.

Now bed.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:11 am

Post by farside22 »

Vyse does have a different thought process.
Some part wonders if this outlook is looking for scum group only but the other part appreciates the differences.
With short time left a lynch is better then no lynch and I still see lal as scum.

Vote: lal
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:38 am

Post by acryon »

In post 396, VysePresident wrote:
Acryon is passing decent in a few individual post, but by and large, I'm noting his scumhunting consists of taking an accusatory tone towards glaring mistakes, rather than building off a natural thought process. Even accounting for the possibility that I'm just missing said thought process, I'm not seeing much in the way of him sorting Lal out, either. (Or Ari, actually.) It feels like he's looking for an opening, rather than sorting out Town/Scum.

I guess I just don't get this. I was also the first person to mention Lal's behavior potentially being related to unfamiliarity with online mafia.

In post 393, VysePresident wrote:
On a side note, why were you worried about a quickhammer?

I have played in a number of games recently where someone quickhammered, so it's something I'm a little more careful about now. Especially with someone that has so much momentum already.

In post 393, VysePresident wrote:

it doesn't seem like an inherently scummy one to me. At the moment, it feels more like her thought process is disorganized and slightly reactionary.

Not sure what else to say to you on this. I think disorganized and slightly reactionary could be ways to describe pieces of her play, but not the part where she voted Ari to L-1 after criticizing someone else for putting Ari to L-4. I think that Ari and Lal are, by far, the scummiest players right now. At the moment, I feel like it's more likely Lal flips scum of the two.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Ginko
Ginko
Townie
Ginko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:47 am

Post by Ginko »

farside22 wrote:This is awful.
You basically read as ignoring anything lal or ari saws and reading them as newbs.
Another example of why I don't like your reads is here you talk about acryon comment about vser but say nothing about metals read or pawn reads that change and are not explained for it.

I find it difficult to believe your scum read is valid when others do the same thing.
i) I will fully admit that I'm being a little slow with reading Lalendra and I think it's moreso because I feel uninvested in the interactions with her and that's probably my fault for not getting involved and asking her questions. I'm not acting like I think she's town, I just like other players as the lynch more than her. For Aristophanes I think he's town and it's not based on some policy townread bullshit like you're saying here. I won't be heartbroken if Lalendra is the lynch, but you're acting like it's bad to suspect someone more than her and want a different lynch.

ii) There's a huge difference between forgetting that you're scumreading someone to the point where you give townpoints to them and putting someone in null instead of town in your readlist. Plus, this other point about changing reads is lammeeeeeee. Acryon's read didn't change. He forgot it. Yeah, prawn's reads changed, but there's a huge difference between completely forgetting your read on someone and having it change and not explain why. Acryon is super fucking invested in comparison to both of the examples you're pushing here and there's also the fact that he went out of his way to give townreasons for Vyse and then said nothing about West.

-Cheetory6
Hydra of JohnnyFarrar and Cheetory6.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:58 am

Post by acryon »

In post 405, Ginko wrote:ii) There's a huge difference between forgetting that you're scumreading someone to the point where you give townpoints to them and putting someone in null instead of town in your readlist. Plus, this other point about changing reads is lammeeeeeee. Acryon's read didn't change. He forgot it. Yeah, prawn's reads changed, but there's a huge difference between completely forgetting your read on someone and having it change and not explain why. Acryon is super fucking invested in comparison to both of the examples you're pushing here and there's also the fact that he went out of his way to give townreasons for Vyse and then said nothing about West.

-Cheetory6

If you believe this is true, what am I gaining by misreading and answering the question on Vyse and dodging the question on West?
Ginko
Ginko
Townie
Ginko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:17 am

Post by Ginko »

I'm not really sure I understand your point.
I don't think you intentionally flipped your read on Vyse or ignored West?
The former point reads as scum poorly keeping track of their reads and the latter just reads as weird. Do you want me to insert speculation into why I think the latter could be coming from scumPOV? Because I have thoughts, they're just really paranoid and just stopping at weird makes me sound less like I'm crazy than when I elaborate on my entire thoughts on every action people have q.q

acryon wrote:No, which is why I noted it as such that some would say it's scummy, but even then it still just isn't the tipping point; I don't think anyone things it's scummy enough to be that. To me, it felt more like she saw farside's post saying she felt Lal was scummy, and this caused Lal to quickly move forward with the Ari wagon rather than screw around with another direction. Which would also explain the contradiction in her play here vs what she chastised Lyserg for.
I was reading back and thought for a second that I'd found something super scummy in this interaction involving timestamps but I feel like I just got caught up in nothing.
Lalendra wrote:I voted for Ari in vote 171 and didn’t address farside’s points until 172. Those were two separate posts because I was on my phone, catching up on a lot and posting as I read, not easy to do multiquotes and such that way. Chronologically my vote for Ari came before I even read farside's post.
^Does the following explanation not seem plausible to you? She does respond to farside in a second post. [initially had thought that the timing between 171 and 172 was too close for her to have not read farside's post and then make a response, but it feels super subjective after thinking about it so meh]

-Cheet
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:27 am

Post by acryon »

In post 407, Ginko wrote:I'm not really sure I understand your point.
I don't think you intentionally flipped your read on Vyse or ignored West?
The former point reads as scum poorly keeping track of their reads and the latter just reads as weird. Do you want me to insert speculation into why I think the latter could be coming from scumPOV? Because I have thoughts, they're just really paranoid and just stopping at weird makes me sound less like I'm crazy than when I elaborate on my entire thoughts on every action people have q.q

I mean this is sort of what I'm asking. Do you really think it's more likely the former than the latter?

In post 407, Ginko wrote:
acryon wrote:No, which is why I noted it as such that some would say it's scummy, but even then it still just isn't the tipping point; I don't think anyone things it's scummy enough to be that. To me, it felt more like she saw farside's post saying she felt Lal was scummy, and this caused Lal to quickly move forward with the Ari wagon rather than screw around with another direction. Which would also explain the contradiction in her play here vs what she chastised Lyserg for.
I was reading back and thought for a second that I'd found something super scummy in this interaction involving timestamps but I feel like I just got caught up in nothing.
Lalendra wrote:I voted for Ari in vote 171 and didn’t address farside’s points until 172. Those were two separate posts because I was on my phone, catching up on a lot and posting as I read, not easy to do multiquotes and such that way. Chronologically my vote for Ari came before I even read farside's post.
^Does the following explanation not seem plausible to you? She does respond to farside in a second post. [initially had thought that the timing between 171 and 172 was too close for her to have not read farside's post and then make a response, but it feels super subjective after thinking about it so meh]

-Cheet

Of course it seems plausible or I don't think she wouldn't have said it, but I don't believe that it's true.
Ginko
Ginko
Townie
Ginko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:35 am

Post by Ginko »

acryon wrote:Of course it seems plausible or I don't think she wouldn't have said it, but I don't believe that it's true.
Okay.. so is there a better point I should be following on the Lalendra wagon? Or can you give me something that should convince me that it's not true?

acryon wrote:I mean this is sort of what I'm asking. Do you really think it's more likely the former than the latter?
I was saying that I believe the flipflop on the read seems like a scum-mistake moreso than a town-mistake and that the lack of mention of West was moreso weird than blatantly scummy and I don't really understand.
Trying to piece together you and West as a scumteam didn't really make much sense to me because I didn't think West would just outright dismiss my case on you if you're scummates and the other thought of you and Vyse being scum also didn't really make much sense given how you guys are interacting.
For the flipflop it just makes more sense to me that someone who's scum and has a few real scumreads/a few exaggerated scumreads would be more likely to forget who their lesser scumreads are because they're forced.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:41 am

Post by acryon »

In post 409, Ginko wrote:
acryon wrote:Of course it seems plausible or I don't think she wouldn't have said it, but I don't believe that it's true.
Okay.. so is there a better point I should be following on the Lalendra wagon? Or can you give me something that should convince me that it's not true?

I think my scenario is more likely. It's weird to me that you
would
just take it at face value.

acryon wrote:I mean this is sort of what I'm asking. Do you really think it's more likely the former than the latter?
I was saying that I believe the flipflop on the read seems like a scum-mistake moreso than a town-mistake and that the lack of mention of West was moreso weird than blatantly scummy and I don't really understand.
Trying to piece together you and West as a scumteam didn't really make much sense to me because I didn't think West would just outright dismiss my case on you if you're scummates and the other thought of you and Vyse being scum also didn't really make much sense given how you guys are interacting.
For the flipflop it just makes more sense to me that someone who's scum and has a few real scumreads/a few exaggerated scumreads would be more likely to forget who their lesser scumreads are because they're forced.

I think town make mistakes and confuse things far more often than scum. I thought that was a pretty accepted though, which is why hunting for scum-slips is so bad.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:42 am

Post by acryon »

As much as I hate meta, if you are really concerned about it, maybe it will make you feel better to look at the Nightless Vengeful Mayhem game in my wiki where I did something very similar which looked like flip-flopping, and scum succeeded in getting me lynched for it. "Slips" and mistakes are far more useful for scum as a method of convincing sheep than they are for town in actual scum-hunting. Obviously this is self-serving, but I've stated this in other games as well.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:52 am

Post by farside22 »

Ginko: I don't recall of you ever posted a scum list. Did you have someone other then acryon as a scum read?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
prawneater
prawneater
Goon
prawneater
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:53 am

Post by prawneater »

I had no idea we were so close to deadline. I think Aristophanes is a better lynch than Lalendra.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Aristophanes
Ginko
Ginko
Townie
Ginko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:07 am

Post by Ginko »

acryon wrote:I think my scenario is more likely. It's weird to me that you would just take it at face value.
I'm not taking it at face value. Like, it's more likely to be scum-motivated than town-motivated, I'll give you that, but I'm just not seeing the hardcore lynchlust people are having for Lalendra, because the case on her reads as a bunch of little points adding up to an okay case.

acryon wrote:I think town make mistakes and confuse things far more often than scum. I thought that was a pretty accepted though, which is why hunting for scum-slips is so bad.
It's less that it's a mistake and more that it's the second time you've done something that strikes me as forcing a scumread on someone. I would have been much more inclined to believe your read on Vyse had just changed from Point A to Point B, but it strikes me as super off that you just say that you more or less just forgot that he was leaning scum. Like, it just reads to me like you don't want people to think that the read itself was fake, but that you were earnestly reading Vyse's interactions as being town. Given that acryon wagon is becoming less likely of a thing I'll make it homework to read game you linked.

P-Edit:
Oh good. Acryon wagon is gone q.q.

@farside
, I did in #150 but it was pretty bare bones. I'm reading West as scummy.
Lalendra is probably ranking next highest on my scumdar, it's just quite a bit of a gap between West/Acryon and her :/
Have some other weak suspicions but they're mostly just based on paranoia over inactivity.
I'd personally rather not compromise on lynches in a setup like this.
Ginko
Ginko
Townie
Ginko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:08 am

Post by Ginko »

Fuck. Last post was me. Sucking at signing today.

-Cheetory6
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:18 am

Post by acryon »

In post 414, Ginko wrote:
acryon wrote:I think my scenario is more likely. It's weird to me that you would just take it at face value.
I'm not taking it at face value. Like, it's more likely to be scum-motivated than town-motivated, I'll give you that, but I'm just not seeing the hardcore lynchlust people are having for Lalendra, because the case on her reads as a bunch of little points adding up to an okay case.

For me the lynchlust is just wanted to lynch someone I think is scum, which is Lal or Ari. I don't know that I would describe that as lynchlust, but someone needs to get lynched.

acryon wrote:I think town make mistakes and confuse things far more often than scum. I thought that was a pretty accepted though, which is why hunting for scum-slips is so bad.
It's less that it's a mistake and more that it's the second time you've done something that strikes me as forcing a scumread on someone. I would have been much more inclined to believe your read on Vyse had just changed from Point A to Point B, but it strikes me as super off that you just say that you more or less just forgot that he was leaning scum. Like, it just reads to me like you don't want people to think that the read itself was fake, but that you were earnestly reading Vyse's interactions as being town. Given that acryon wagon is becoming less likely of a thing I'll make it homework to read game you linked.

I never said I forgot he was leaning scum. He was near the middle of the pack on my list, which is of course going to be a bit more nebulous than those on the outer ends, and then I answered the question the way I did because I misread it. I did screw up in misreading it, but I didn't screw up in forgetting what I thought about him in general. Maybe it will make more sense if we remove the details like this. I say "X is a 2 on the scum scale and Y is a 4 on the scum scale, 10 being the highest." You say "Why is X lower than Y" and I give the answer I do, for why Y might be less likely to be scum than Y. A 2 on the scum scale is higher than a 1 on the scum scale, but neither are anywhere near a 10.

For the record, I get why you're on this, but you shouldn't be.
Ginko
Ginko
Townie
Ginko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:29 am

Post by Ginko »

Lynchlust was probably an exaggeration on my end. I just don't see what's so compelling about Lalendra wagon to the point where people are saying that she's way scummier than anyone else in the game. It's just not convincing to me in a way that I feel great about the idea of her being the lynch.

acryon wrote:I never said I forgot he was leaning scum. He was near the middle of the pack on my list, which is of course going to be a bit more nebulous than those on the outer ends, and then I answered the question the way I did because I misread it. I did screw up in misreading it, but I didn't screw up in forgetting what I thought about him in general. Maybe it will make more sense if we remove the details like this. I say "X is a 2 on the scum scale and Y is a 4 on the scum scale, 10 being the highest." You say "Why is X lower than Y" and I give the answer I do, for why Y might be less likely to be scum than Y. A 2 on the scum scale is higher than a 1 on the scum scale, but neither are anywhere near a 10.
I'm saying that it seems like you forgot because you didn't prod back at Lyserg being like "why are you asking me for reasons I'm townreading someone I'm leaning scum on?"

Rest of this post makes my eyes hurt q.q
I'll get coffee and come back to it later.

-Cheetory
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:31 am

Post by acryon »

In post 417, Ginko wrote:
acryon wrote:I never said I forgot he was leaning scum. He was near the middle of the pack on my list, which is of course going to be a bit more nebulous than those on the outer ends, and then I answered the question the way I did because I misread it. I did screw up in misreading it, but I didn't screw up in forgetting what I thought about him in general. Maybe it will make more sense if we remove the details like this. I say "X is a 2 on the scum scale and Y is a 4 on the scum scale, 10 being the highest." You say "Why is X lower than Y" and I give the answer I do, for why Y might be less likely to be scum than Y. A 2 on the scum scale is higher than a 1 on the scum scale, but neither are anywhere near a 10.
I'm saying that it seems like you forgot because you didn't prod back at Lyserg being like "why are you asking me for reasons I'm townreading someone I'm leaning scum on?"

I didn't read it as "why are you townreading this person you are scumreading?" I read it as "why are you scumreading this person less than these other people?"
Ginko
Ginko
Townie
Ginko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:32 am

Post by Ginko »

Don't have time to engage this right now. Going to try my best to be back and around for deadline.

Consider this me expressing
Intent to Hammer
on Lalendra.

-Cheetory6
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:24 am

Post by Metalcyanide »

End of D1 is 3:00 EST, right?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:26 am

Post by acryon »

In post 420, Metalcyanide wrote:End of D1 is 3:00 EST, right?

Looks like it's in 7 hours, so about 8:30 EST.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:27 am

Post by acryon »

Actually a bit after 9 EST
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:28 am

Post by Metalcyanide »

That was 7 hours from 8 am though.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:28 am

Post by Metalcyanide »

I'm not sure what time zone Honey Bee is posting from though.

Return to “Completed Open Games”