Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:16 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Interesting developement. Why dont you want to reveal your result SV? I agree with Javert here, both the doc and backup doc are dead, as you pointed out earlier. Theres no way scum would let a claimed cop live through tonight.
I play the games rul gud.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:04 am

Post by ac1983fan »

Ok, so two possibilities:
1. SV is scum and knows (or assumes correctly) I am town because I am not in his scumgroup
2. He really is a cop.
However, I find this really odd that there would be
two
cops in a game with a backup cop... So I'm going to put an
fos:SV
on him.... I will probably reread his posts from previous days, to see if they match up with the behavior of a cop. (at some point, that is).
Not a dayvig.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:23 am

Post by MeMe »

I'm having a bit of a problem with the wording in spectrumvoid's claim -- she said "the" cop, which changes to "fellow cop" a few posts later.

I understand that she could have been saying "the only cop left" -- but I think if I were actually a cop (she's not claiming back-up) in a game where that role is already dead, I'd be hyper-aware of the challenges of the claim and word it accordingly.

Nitpicky maybe -- but that's how it strikes me.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Sweenytodd
Sweenytodd
Goon
Sweenytodd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:01 am

Post by Sweenytodd »

I think I am having a tough time believing the overall power of this town... Two cops, a doc and a back-up, a mason pair and a claimed RB. I think the potential of a naive cop is pretty high.

I don't know what to think of the SV-AC thing, I really don't like the way this reads to me:
SV wrote:I claimed now because I didn't see much point in waiting. True, I could have waited to see who would push the wagon, but I didn't want an accidental hammer/quick-lynch on ac1983fan, if I'm not naive and he's really a roleblocker.
It comes across as very protective over one of her investigations as if AC would be the only option for today... It sounded like a pre-emptive defense of AC based on, "if I'm not naive and he's really a roleblocker."

I'm going to re-read, I'll try to post some thoughts this weekend but may not be able too until monday.

MOD NOTE
Sweenytodd
was replaced by
hand banana
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:58 am

Post by Javert »

spectrumvoid, 420 wrote:Also, I don't see how nocmen's post 'clearly implies mason.' I've seen a LOT of cops assume they're 100% correct. (I have never played with nocmen before, so I have no idea whether he knew he could be insane/naive/paranoid etc etc.)
Please explain this comment now that you have claimed to be "the" Cop yourself. I find it wryly ironic that you seem to imply you think you are sane, by the by. Coming from a 'Cop' looking at Nocmen's claimed information, I'm quite interested in what
you
thought Nocmen was hinting at. Did you actually think he was a
third
Cop? If not, did you think Nocmen's post 'clearly implied'
anything
?

---
ac1983fan, 469 wrote:okay, I know I keep making promises... But after next week, theres no more school, so then I'll be able to make a new list of scummy posts with reasons.
I will hold you to this.
ac1983fan wrote:I didn't block anybody becuase I couldn't make a decision, and the first week of summer prevented me from rereading.
Truly, I would not think you would even have to technically reread in order to role-block somebody from your position in the game at that point. Dead Cop, Dead Doc, Dead Back-Up Doc, 2 Claimed Masons; if you don't think there are any power roles other than yourself, the worst you're going to do is block a townsperson without a night choice and you
might
have blocked Mafia.

{Note: Post 503, you should have said "backup Doc", not "backup Cop".}
"I was born with scum like you."
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:59 am

Post by ac1983fan »

*hits head*
I believe SV's claim 100% now.
Not a dayvig.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:00 am

Post by ac1983fan »

EBWOP: New scummy posts coming on monday. by the latest. I have computer acess all day monday.
Not a dayvig.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:03 am

Post by MeMe »

ac1983fan wrote:*hits head*
This confuses me.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:20 am

MeMe wrote:
ac1983fan wrote:*hits head*
This confuses me.
/agree.
ac1983fan
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
ac1983fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:00 am

Post by ac1983fan »

I messed up. I thought that barromans role was Backup
cop
, not backup
doc
Not a dayvig.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:27 pm

I guess now is a good time to tell everyone that i will have extremely limited access coming up, probably only being able to post one day a week, or something like that. Im guessing our mod will choose to replace me, and I hope that it will be temporary (i could come back later and jump back in) but I'm not sure. In conclusion, I will probably be replaced.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:21 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Apologies, I was sick. Lucky it was only one day though.

2 nights ago, I investigated omg. I confused this game with another one, anyone who saw my sig during that time (my sig was something like: If I'm cop/doc in any game, will the mod please drop me a pm) can verify this. Yaw (another game mod) told me to change my sig.

I think I'm sane, but either naive or not naive. If I was insane, with 3 investigations, probability says I'd have received a guilty one somewhere.

I thought it was unlikely for a game to have 3 cops in it, hence why I was pressuring nocmen. I was baiting nocmen to fake-claim cop if he was scum, hence that: "I've never played with nocmen before bit", giving him an excuse.
Blank.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:25 am

Post by MeMe »

I'd appreciate a prod on Nocmen -- we could use the perspective of a for-sure innocent.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:44 am

Post by Javert »

spectrumvoid wrote:Apologies, I was sick. Lucky it was only one day though.

2 nights ago, I investigated omg. I confused this game with another one, anyone who saw my sig during that time (my sig was something like: If I'm cop/doc in any game, will the mod please drop me a pm) can verify this. Yaw (another game mod) told me to change my sig.

I think I'm sane, but either naive or not naive. If I was insane, with 3 investigations, probability says I'd have received a guilty one somewhere.

I thought it was unlikely for a game to have 3 cops in it, hence why I was pressuring nocmen. I was baiting nocmen to fake-claim cop if he was scum, hence that: "I've never played with nocmen before bit", giving him an excuse.
This, for whatever reason, does not include your investigation targets with reasons behind them. Please alleviate this problem.

Question: Why have you even considered the chance of you being "insane"? That is not possible, and never was. You said you investigated Arafax - the Cop - on Night Zero, the same night he was killed, and got an innocent result. If you were Insane, you would have received a guilty result. Explain to me why you have even brought up the possibility of you being Insane when that was the absolute first thing - besides Paranoid - you should have tossed out the window.

I am strapped for time. so I cannot check over all of your posts, but yesterday you used the phrase "I think MeMe is town" (in some fashion) what I recall to be at least two times - but by your own statements, you had not investigated MeMe at that time. In fact, had you died and shown up as a Cop, myself and others would likely have thought you had investigated her the night before. I do not recall you having said anything to the effect of "I think ac1983fan is innocent" until today, even though it was apparently yesterday when you had your result on him and not today. Please explain this for me.

I second the prod on Nocmen.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:06 pm

Post by Javert »

Hello?
Hello?
Hello?
Hello?

For whatever reason, I'm the person who has forewarned those in the game that I would be strapped for time this week, and yet I appear to be the one most willing to post. Where is everybody?

I appreciate a good game of "Let's all sit around and stare at each other" as much as the next person, but I sincerely don't think it is helping us find scum.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:05 am

Elias_the_thief wrote:I guess now is a good time to tell everyone that i will have extremely limited access coming up, probably only being able to post one day a week, or something like that. Im guessing our mod will choose to replace me, and I hope that it will be temporary (i could come back later and jump back in) but I'm not sure. In conclusion, I will probably be replaced.
I explained I wouldnt have much access. I have to reread and such, I just spent the week out in nature and it will take a couple hours to get my mind into the game.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:54 am

Post by MeMe »

~waves~
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:19 am

What needs to happen is spectrum needs to come back, and needs to answer Javerts questions. I dont have much to add, although assuming the claim is genuine, I would guess that SV is naive.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:10 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Javert wrote:
spectrumvoid, 420 wrote:I find it wryly ironic that you seem to imply you think you are sane, by the by.
The sane/insane bit was in response to this post.

Order of investigations:
Arafax, omg, ac198fan.

I'm pretty sure I didn't hint at using my role to analyse people, precisely because I wanted to avoid confusion after my possible death. I stated clearly yesterday the reasons for not thinking meme is scum somewhere... I think it was her analysis.

(Sorry... I just got out of hospital. Darned dengue.)
Blank.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:26 pm

Post by Javert »

Oh, bother. I - for whatever reason - had read Post 513 to read "I investigated ac1983fan two nights ago", and was about to be very cross with you (as I was starting to become in Post 515). Could you give reasons for why you chose each person to investigate on the nights you did?

I will try to give the game a fresher read-through with the latest information within the next few days.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:43 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

I don't know why Arafax was investigated, but it's probably random.

Omg was a mistake. Ac198fan: I didn't want a case where he wasn't lynched if he's lying about his power role, because claimed power roles tend not to get lynched.
Blank.
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:52 pm

Post by Javert »

Elaborate on your 'mistake' of investigating omg_im_innocent_wtf. I agree that investigating a claimed Doctor on N2 does not seem like an overly smooth move, when it is likely if they are truthful they will be biting a bullet very soon rendering your investigation useless - especially when your first result was also dead. But I want to hear
why
you investigated him, not that 'it was a mistake'.

Why did you not want to reveal that you investigated him? It has not passed my attention that you are claiming results on two players on the
same nights they died
. Note that this would work out for you if you were scum who committed those kills trying to protect yourself from possible tracker results.

The large problem here is, of course, the claimed power. If every claim is to be believed right now, he is what we have:

Town Roles

2 Cops
1 Doctor
1 Back-Up Doctor
1 Role-Blocker
2 Guaranteed Innocent Masons
1/2 Unclaimed

Scum Roles

1 Godfather
2/3 Unclaimed

That is
seven
roles of power - and although some people might argue Masons are "powerless", I certainly think the ability to night-talk is a power in itself, and the knowledge that your partner is guarantee to be town is essentially a 1-Shot 100% Cop investigation that works between two players are definitely powers.

That much power in a mini game - even with a dead Godfather - simply does not strike me as being anywhere near likely whatsoever.

By the by, if it isn't too much trouble, would you mind linking me to a finished game or two where you were a Cop who claimed investigations? I would like to compare and contrast your behavior.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:02 am

Post by MeMe »

vote: spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:53 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

spectrumvoid wrote:2 nights ago, I investigated omg. I confused this game with another one, anyone who saw my sig during that time (my sig was something like: If I'm cop/doc in any game, will the mod please drop me a pm) can verify this. Yaw (another game mod) told me to change my sig.
This was the 'mistake' I was referring to.

I didn't want to reveal because I'm not sure if I'm naive, and as such my results might be unreliable. But I revealed ac1983fan's because I didn't want to risk a quick-hammer.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:57 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Newbie 313: I replaced in late game, claimed cop, no one believed me.
Open 9: night-killed after I claimed.

If anyone's interested, here're games where I was scum and fake-claimed cop: open 10, open 13, and maybe newbie 300. Most recently was newbie 376.
Blank.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”