SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:04 pm

Post by RachMarie »

ohh that Player list I wish I had been must have been a fun game.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:22 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

It was fun when the scum perfect win against that playerlist
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:22 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

.gloat
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:36 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

All the focus on the huge-ass neighborhood was a big help in that.

Another game I played that was semi-concurrent with FFX, I was in a 6 person neighborhood that contained 2 scum. One of the town players was able to split off into a new neighborhood, and the old neighborhood players could choose to join him or stay in the original neighborhood. We wound up with an all town mini-neighborhood on night 1. In that game, I think every player was in a neighborhood, so the similarities to this game are probably closer. Some neighborhoods had no scum. I think our 6 person hood was the only one with more than 1 scum.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:27 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Yo.
Vote: Imperium

Why?

Because screw you all, I am a scumhunting GOD.

:P
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:29 pm

Post by mastin2 »

(No, but seriously, I'll get to this game in a bit. This game will be quite the buzz. Bee right back.)
My academy.
Agnigi
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:51 am

Post by Bitmap »

I was thinking about this game and thought about the gambit MS played against Xombie. I guess I'm too influenced by the playstyle of UberNinja and drmyshotgun but when you think about it, Xombie didn't have a reaction really which is weird because when I think about it more, I would have screamed and condemned Metal Sonic and created an ultimatum to get him lynched. But Xombie didn't do that. Instead, he was like "uhhh ok" which doesn't strike me as what a town player would usually say in that situation.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:57 am

Post by Bitmap »

This is the post I'm talking about knowing that you're town and knowing that the other person has a bullshit PR scum read on you:

UberNinja wrote:
SUPER BONUS POINTS, for
neither
drmyshotgun
or
Bitmap claiming:

"I
know
I'm town, and thus I
know
you're scum, if you claim to have a PR scum result on me."

Neither
of them said that.

Instead, they both counter-claimed PRs, as a last-ditch attempt to try to stave off my utter destruction of their scum team. That's just another reason why they're scum, if you didn't already believe it.

Sorry guys. You're out of luck. It's over. Just vote yourselves, because there's
literally no way you can win
this game.

This was from this game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=23478
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:20 pm

Post by Bitmap »

@Mod: Please prod the inactives.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:21 pm

Post by BRantz »

In post 656, Bitmap wrote:I was thinking about this game and thought about the gambit MS played against Xombie. I guess I'm too influenced by the playstyle of UberNinja and drmyshotgun but when you think about it, Xombie didn't have a reaction really which is weird because when I think about it more, I would have screamed and condemned Metal Sonic and created an ultimatum to get him lynched. But Xombie didn't do that. Instead, he was like "uhhh ok" which doesn't strike me as what a town player would usually say in that situation.

Why does Xombie reacting differently than you in that situation mean he is scummy?
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by Bitmap »

In post 659, BRantz wrote:
In post 656, Bitmap wrote:I was thinking about this game and thought about the gambit MS played against Xombie. I guess I'm too influenced by the playstyle of UberNinja and drmyshotgun but when you think about it, Xombie didn't have a reaction really which is weird because when I think about it more, I would have screamed and condemned Metal Sonic and created an ultimatum to get him lynched. But Xombie didn't do that. Instead, he was like "uhhh ok" which doesn't strike me as what a town player would usually say in that situation.

Why does Xombie reacting differently than you in that situation mean he is scummy?

Hi. It's not just reacting differently than me. It's just the fact that he supposedly knows he's town and is like "uhh ok" instead of "ur scum" sort of mentality and I would assume a newer player would shift towards "wtf are you doing im town" mentality if that happened to them.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:31 pm

Post by T S O »

I am really not in this game and I should be.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:44 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 654, mastin2 wrote:Because screw you all, I am a scumhunting GOD
dess

ftfy?
In post 658, Bitmap wrote:
@Mod: Please prod the inactives.

People who hadn't posted in 48 hours have been prodded.
AP is on V/LA due to being in Chicago at a pseudo-meet.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Hey guys. I overcommitted on games and am paying the price right now. Put me V/La for 3 days. That will give me time to get back from vacation so I can find time and read up.
The Mask
The Mask
Goon
The Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:43 pm

Post by The Mask »

On page 14..
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:30 pm

Post by Imperium »

Prod dodge.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:43 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 660, Bitmap wrote:
In post 659, BRantz wrote:

Hi. It's not just reacting differently than me. It's just the fact that he supposedly knows he's town and is like "uhh ok" instead of "ur scum" sort of mentality and I would assume a newer player would shift towards "wtf are you doing im town" mentality if that happened to them.

This was my thought process, plus when you look at the wording he believes the claim is fake and then votes.
It's like, oh wait I said that was scummy let me vote.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:50 pm

Post by House »

In post 654, mastin2 wrote:Yo.
Vote: Imperium

Why?

Because screw you all, I am a scumhunting GOD.

:P

I'm almost willing to sheep you based on the one post he's made since yours.

Not because it's a prod dodge, but that it looks like an opportunistic way to active lurk, given the two posts prior to it.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:33 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 555, ooba wrote:TD's entrance also felt town to me.

What felt town about it?
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:46 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

hello

VOTE: solar wind
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:54 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

A few thoughts on TiphaineDeath (mine only, not Ffery's). Ffery reads him as town. I'm unsure and still trying to figure it out and am going to look over past games but I want to put this out there.

Spoiler: On TiphaineDeath
He's obviously playing nothing like LostPatience (an alt of his) did in Final Fantasy 10 mafia. LP was a pretty strong townread for me in FF10 and it was based mostly off of his Katsuki interaction. While the alt may cause a change in playstyle, the biggest thing that struck out to me was the level of thinking that he had scum-Katsuki figured out and was quite proud of that read as well as how he was mostly in observation mode about the competing wagons. The latter could potentially be a result of an alt as he didn't care about the potential to be lynched while he normally would.

In post 484, TiphaineDeath wrote:So from the top, Solar winds interactions over the last couple pages are shitty. 453 and 458 are downright terrible and since I've already decided that solar and imperium can't both be town because you're trying to goddamned hard to buddy each other you can be the scum out of the two.

I think fourtrouble is scum too, the ank push is for shit and almost every other post he's made is asking random unconnected questions. Just fyi, lynching someone for being anti town is classic scum play, and vezok is town as fuck.

I'm reserving judgment on the whole xombie/metalsonic debacle. I seem to literally always scumread metal sonic at some point in the game and am usually wrong so I am a bit cautious on this issue.

I have a gut scumread on house that will take some more examining for me to explain to myself and others.

For now, VOTE: solar wind, sup man?

Also we should not out neighorhoods.

Coming to his posts here, while all I saw was scum on first glance, there are a few things I liked about his play: First is his accusation that my posts 453 and 458 are terrible. It is something that I believe an outside party could find scummy. Me telling Nacho not to make me second guess my read feels like something scum might do to a townie. But it is a really surface level thing and I'm in fact town. It feels like someone who's not a great scumhunter might call it scummy as it is one of those traditionally "scummy" things when taken out of context. So the question becomes whether TD is someone who scumhunts beyond the surface. His case on Katsuki in FF10 suggests some scumhunting depth as I thought it was quite good.

There are a couple of ways I'm interpreting his assertion that Solar Wind and Imperium can't both be town. He says he's "already decided" this giving no reason for why he would decide it. It could potentially be town paranoid that the two most active players may have scum in them. But I don't see where the paranoia is coming from or the reasons behind it. Most people when they are paranoid try to give the players space and figure out how they influence the gamestate. TD's approach if he's town is atypical as he starts off full swing against us.

A couple of other things bothered me. His accusation that FT is asking "random, unconnected questions" which feels somewhat meaningless, and the "Vezok is town as fuck" seems like an odd read for town, and agenda driven as scum. I can't see a town reason where he scumreads all three of us, and is so sure that Vezok is town. What has Vezok done that makes him a "town as fuck" read to anyone? Vezok is not even particularly easy to read.

I liked that he was cautious about Metal Sonic. There is something about the tone of his play that felt like a no-nonsense tone which I also liked. But upon meta-diving him, I realized that this is non-alignment indicative. (I'll post the meta links in a bit).

Gut scumread on House is also kinda weird as House outed that he was a vengeful and I think LostPatience who was in a game where a vengeful scum did not out immediately would have a different gut reaction.

In post 492, TiphaineDeath wrote:^Things like that^ His entire Iso is full of em, I feel no need to quote.

"Stop making me second guess my read." Seriously, that's not a town post. That's buddying at its finest. I pull that shit all the time as scum. It's the I have you as town, but still have some doubt so I must be town.

And 458 is so waffley it hurts. He's like, ank migh be town, but he might be scum, and I had him as town, but maybe I was wrong. The subtext is, "weeellll he WAS town, but there's this thing where there might be a wagon on him and I kind of don't want to stop it."

Vezok is town as fuck because because 411, 463, and 472 aren't posts I can see scum making in this situation. They're too easy to jump on. Now, jumping on them would be shitty, but with a sheepy enough town it might be enough to get lynched and I have enough faith in scum vezok that he wouldn't put himself in that kind of situation this early.

A post like this makes me think he doesn't know the definition of buddying as opposed to that he's making stuff up. His accusation was a similar one that Tammy has so it is plausible town can think this way.

When I wrote the post on Ank, I was aware that it might come off as scummy to some players - those with a rigid, unbending style of play who think that waffling on a read normally comes from opportunistic scum so I quite like that TD picked up on a post that might seem "off" to some modes of scumhunting. What I didn't like was him ignoring the larger body of work to focus specifically on two posts. But that might be something that is more playstyle dependent than alignment and perhaps TD normally just picks on shiny things as town and jumps on them.

So, he calls Vezok town as fuck based on a bunch of posts. Take a look at them:
In post 411, vezokpiraka wrote:With the amount of spam this game already has I think I'll go and dwell in the nighbourhood and let you guys talk it out.
In post 463, vezokpiraka wrote:
In post 451, FourTrouble wrote:
In post 446, Bitmap wrote:How is he anti-town? Also, being lazy is not alignment indicative.

Not reading large portions of the game is anti-town. Not commenting on anything unless specifically asked is anti-town. Casting an RVS vote (i.e. trying to go back) when RVS is dead is anti-town. All of these suggest that Ankamius isn't scumhunting (which is anti-town) and a passive/reactionary approach (which is also anti-town). I also disagree that being lazy isn't scummy. Yes, town are sometimes lazy too (and I'm at fault for this more than anyone), but in general scum are lazy more often than town, so it increases the odd that someone is scum.

No. Antitown is posting spam and cluttering the thread. I don't have anything important to say when the whole thread is bullshit.
In post 472, vezokpiraka wrote:I've read the thread. I saw nothing worthwhile. It's the first day of day 1. There is nothing that can actually be used to make a proper case.

Also what does having your attention on me mean?

My issue is that I can't in any way relate to why these posts can't be faked by scum. TD says he has faith in scum-Vezok. Yet, my experience with Vezok hasn't left me particularly impressed with his towngame and I can't imagine he would be extremely competent as scum. He's ascribing a fairly complex thought process to Vezok and I legitimately feel that scum-Vezok in this situation would not think in the terms that TD claims. Yet, I'm not sure what it says about TD himself.

Then we come to the following interaction between FT and TD which I think TD misrepresents or misinterprets, can't tell which:

In post 494, FourTrouble wrote:Solar, I agree completely, especially when you add in the gut scumread on House. Tiphaine's wording and emotion also feels fake. Even if you're scummy, you're not "downright terrible," the buddying doesn't deserve a "goddamned" description, vezok isn't "town as fuck" even if he's town, and the questions I asked weren't "random" or "unconnected."
In post 495, FourTrouble wrote:
In post 489, FourTrouble wrote:Tiphaine, how is vezok "town as fuck"?

Tiphaine, how is this question random or unconnected?
In post 498, TiphaineDeath wrote:It's just a one liner, it doesn't actually do anything, and you tend to fade out on them. It's like you're asking questions just to ask questions. You follow up sometimes, like now obviously, but it's not because it's your default, it's because you feel it's what you have to do. Scum motivated, not town.

Also I swear a lot, trying to pin me as scum because I am swearing is not gonna do it for ya.

The first point of note is the swearing part. What FT is saying here is that the certainty TD expressed when TD said "town as fuck" is unrealistic. TD interprets that to mean that FT is calling him scum because he is swearing which is somewhat absurd. But I think it is possible that he legitimately misread FT's post as that. I'm just scratching my head as to how he thought that but people believe weird things.

The second point of note is the "random and unconnected" accusation he levels at FT which to be quite frank feels like a buzzword. People pick up on unconnected things all the time so I don't get why that would be remotely scummy. He then accuses FT of posting one-liners which is almost universally a playstyle tell rather than alignment. I have LITERALLY not met a single player who typically only posts walls as town and one-liners as scum. Players emulate their town style as scum the best they can. He continues that FT is following up on some of his questions only because he has to which is fairly subjective and he can't know that that is the case.

In post 493, TiphaineDeath wrote:"That" was supposed to be pointed at 489.

Sorry solar, that's just me, I don't really give a shit who I'm going after, I see scummy things, or things that worry me/ping, I jump em.

This post feels like false bravado. My accusation was that he was as scum going after unlikely targets. He responds by explaining his TOWN style of play. That was the running theme in this post as well as his posts above to FT (the bravado). Could be non-alignment indicative. Meta-dive should make this clearer.

In post 539, TiphaineDeath wrote:I sense chainsaws, many chainsaws, they surround me with their cuddly teeth.

I really liked this post though as the confidence reminded me of the Katsuki read in FFX. It has the same smug feeling that TD as town tends to have.

In post 543, TiphaineDeath wrote:As far as "calculated entrance" goes, me coming in to a game that already has 20 FUCKING PAGES, is much like me replacing in to a game, in which you may note the same thing occurs.

This doesn't actually address the concern and calculatedness has nothing to do with how many pages are in a game. I feel that he may be misinterpreting a lot of things that are said though.

In post 562, TiphaineDeath wrote:No charizard, you're being derpish.

Also, due to developments in our neighborhood I will be unvoting now UNVOTE: , I'll have a new plan tomorrow, I don't think what I just saw can have been faked, or would have come from scum, I either have a full town neighborhood or bitmap is scum, but I think I will be hunting outside it for now.

Pedit: Sonic, splain.

Quite liked the re-evaluation here but I'm normally a sucker for people that re-evaluate their reads. I think it is also possible he saw that he could no longer continue to push us and needed new targets.

The last thing he did in his ISO was go after Metal Sonic:
In post 573, TiphaineDeath wrote:Metal sonic, what in the fuck was that, you come in all gung ho and shit with "This dude is scum for sure period because X" and then one person says no to you and you drop it and vote the biggest wagon? Seriously man?
In post 605, TiphaineDeath wrote:Yeah, this needs to die now. VOTE: MetalSonic

These posts aren't awesome and he did say he tends to suspect Metal Sonic so I'm ambivalent on how I feel about this.

In post 919, LostPatience wrote:Also I REALLY don't like the combination of metal Sonic's 892 and 909. Like, almost enough to vote him over kats.
In post 1021, LostPatience wrote:VOTE: Metal Sonic

I like this idea, this idea makes me happy. Kats will keep.

Also I don't see the point of a non-secret alt. If I was going to tell people who I was I would just play as my main.

Sorry STD, I know better, I just don't care.
In post 2401, LostPatience wrote:This will be my last post, sorry I wasn't able to derail this wagon, hope you guys manage to pull through after lynching me.

Kats-Desperado-MetalSonic-Empking.

^Final Request^
In post 2592, LostPatience wrote:Desperado/House/Empking/MetalSonic?

Serene, you got some head dissonance going on there, you already made that joke yesterday :P.
In post 3240, LostPatience wrote:Still not going to self vote, still not going to claim, the combination of 3142 and 3146 is terrible, My read on desperado may have been as wrong as my read on kats because mala is acting town as hell.

I'm not impressed in the slightest by houses claiming shenanagins, nor the way he chose to do them, nor what he has posted in the neighborhood. Given what we know it's all a load of wifom that he's trying to get town points for.

Metal sonic is also still scum. But seriously ya'll, I failed to defend myself yesterday, I should have died yesterday, and kats trolling kept me alive. There's no way anyone else is getting lynched today, despite the obvious scum motivation on my wagon in both days. So, I'm gonna go ahead and vote house, and ya'll an join me if you feel it, but I'm pretty much gonna check out again, gg, gl town, sorry I played so shitty on this one. Guess that's what happens when you spend half a day trying not to be yourself, it doesn't come off very genuine.
In post 3525, LostPatience wrote:Sweenz/Droog/Empking/MetalSonic?

The above few quotes are links from Final Fantasy 10 (where he played under his alt (LostPatience) and includes every reference that LostPatience has made of Metal Sonic in FF10. As is obvious, he's pretty much called him scum everytime he talked about him.

So, as to what I think of TD overall: There are some posts I liked, and some that I felt faked. But there are a few markers I've seen in his posts which may come in handy for meta-diving.
Ffery has good reasons for thinking he's town but I won't divulge them for obvious reasons.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:57 pm

Post by Solar Wind »

Also, hi Mastin. Looking forward to seeing your take on the game. I would also really, really love your read on AngryPidgeon whenever you get around to it.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:58 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Xombie is town. Trust me on that. (Because I am a scumhunting god, duh. :P)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:00 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 662, dramonic wrote:
In post 654, mastin2 wrote:Because screw you all, I am a scumhunting GOD
dess
ftfy?
Well, yes, I am a goddess, but I'm playing the ROLE of a God. Stop ruining my fun. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:01 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

Mastin, you are not a scum hunting god. Sorry to burst your bubble. You are a scum assisting god though. I will give you that.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”