SMITE Role Madness Mafia (OVER AT LAST!)

Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:36 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 134, Solar Wind wrote:For Xombie, my feeling is that he was resisting rather than facilitating progress of the game. People can get reads in confirmation stage and his felt like he didn't like that there was a lot of content rather than seizing the opportunity to get reads. Now this can be a playstyle tell and a lot of people did similar things to that later and some people are not as aggressive as others in developing reads. But combine that with which I really, really hated. While I liked FT's attack on Bitmap, Xombie's "
One too many towns for that song, I think. Overcompensating?
" felt fake on a gut level. I especially didn't like the "
overcompensating
" as it a) felt like a stretch to make Bitmap look scummy, and b) like he was looking for validation of that read by asking it as a question rather than directly attacking Bitmap. Plus the reasoning was super weak in a scummy way even for page 2. FT's attack on Bitmap made much more sense. Xombie's attack boiled down to having too many towns in his post. Then he joking read on T S O for saying "hi" and the "town would add punctuation" in and felt pretty weak. If he was town stretching for content early game, he'd have commented on something that was actually substantial.

What's your read on him?

I have him as leaning town at the moment, I think. For me, not actively seeking reads is scummy if you show that you have that ability in the first place: Xombie's opening posts (particularly the head spin line you refer to) suggest he's getting overwhelmed by a game he wawasn't expecting, which explains why his read forming methods weren't fleshed out or on point early game. I fully believe the overcompensating thing was a joke (he understood the reference hence the whole calling it a song thing) so I disagree with you there. Read on TSO followed general trend of fake scumreading someone for a stupid reason, so not really all too concerned by what lacks scum motivation and just seems like a normal opening to me.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:45 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 234, Solar Wind wrote:(Between FT and Farside with regard to read strength).

Your read strength is weird. Your reads are not.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:51 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 292, FourTrouble wrote:Nah, we need votes on Ankamius. Even assuming is okay (it's not), there's still been lots of stuff to talk about since the game "start," so the RVS vote, lack of scumhunting, and fluffy commentary is by far the worst, scummiest thing here.

I disagreed. Implied scum motivation for complaining about lack of scumhunting is that he doesn't have to do anything, which would be scum motivation because he doesn't have to post, but the players with the biggest voice in the game are the ones doing all the posting and he's making enemies of us as a result, which accomplishes the opposite of what he would have set out to do as scum.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:55 am

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 426, Imperium wrote:
In post 234, Solar Wind wrote:(Between FT and Farside with regard to read strength).

Your read strength is weird. Your reads are not.

How so? The only thing I'd change in a mine-only reads list is the strength of the FT read. I wouldn't be able to town FT that strongly so far but I have a lot less experience playing with him.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:56 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 361, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 360, Solar Wind wrote:I think the perspective is different if he was referring to a song. Going to wait for the rest of Xombie's catchup.

Bitmap was definitely referencing the song. I thought Xombie didn't get it and that his interaction was really awkward/forced, but ya. Not sure if you are feeling the same thing or not here? ^

If Xombie didn't get it, why would he call it a song...?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:02 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 233, Solar Wind wrote:FourTrouble, Farside, Ooba, Brantz, House and Rach are likely town. Discuss.

The list I posted in our hydra PT also included Imperium but townreading Tammy is town means it is harder to mess around with her and I wanted to do it a little longer as telling her about her towniness is boring - she hears it every game nonstop.

FT, House, Rach, farside, ooba, brantz made more sense to me at that time. Ooba stronger than that now, but not then.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:03 am

Post by Bitmap »

How is ooba town?
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:04 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 420, farside22 wrote:I want a better explaination for the town read on rach.
All she did was complain about no rvs and then complain about reads.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:05 am

Post by Solar Wind »

Imperium wrote:
In post 360, Solar Wind wrote:I think the perspective is different if he was referring to a song. Going to wait for the rest of Xombie's catchup.

Bitmap was definitely referencing the song. I thought Xombie didn't get it and that his interaction was really awkward/forced, but ya. Not sure if you are feeling the same thing or not here? ^

I recognized the song in bitmap's post and I thought Xombie got it. The thing that bugged me about his confirmation phase posts was that he was picking at invisible nits (invisible as far as alignment indicativeness goes) when there was actual content to interact with.

Which may be a factor of playstyle or experience level.

His reaction to metal sonic's gambit adds some weight to that possibility. Assuming that scum would trade a one-for-one with an unknown player on day 1 strikes me as pretty naive.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:07 am

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 430, Imperium wrote:
In post 233, Solar Wind wrote:FourTrouble, Farside, Ooba, Brantz, House and Rach are likely town. Discuss.

The list I posted in our hydra PT also included Imperium but townreading Tammy is town means it is harder to mess around with her and I wanted to do it a little longer as telling her about her towniness is boring - she hears it every game nonstop.

FT, House, Rach, farside, ooba, brantz made more sense to me at that time. Ooba stronger than that now, but not then.

I don't know about f-16, but ooba strongly reminded me of the way in FFX he was posting what I was thinking so many times. In isolation (which is all I've got at the moment) I take that as a weak to moderate town indicator.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:09 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 433, Solar Wind wrote:
Imperium wrote:

I recognized the song in bitmap's post and I thought Xombie got it. The thing that bugged me about his confirmation phase posts was that he was picking at invisible nits (invisible as far as alignment indicativeness goes) when there was actual content to interact with.

His reaction to metal sonic's gambit adds some weight to that possibility. Assuming that scum would trade a one-for-one with an unknown player on day 1 strikes me as pretty naive.

If he really thought it that strongly I think he would have voted MS right away.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:13 am

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 435, farside22 wrote:
In post 433, Solar Wind wrote:
Imperium wrote:

If he really thought it that strongly I think he would have voted MS right away.

I wouldn't have.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:33 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 436, Solar Wind wrote:

I wouldn't have.

Why wouldn't you?
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:36 am

Post by FourTrouble »

Bitmap's probably town.
Solar Wind
Solar Wind
Goon
Solar Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:42 am

Post by Solar Wind »

In post 437, Bitmap wrote:

I wouldn't have.

Why wouldn't you?

My first reaction would have been "gambit!". Next stop would be wondering about grey-area role modifiers that aren't normal but aren't necessarily bastard either. Just about the last thing I would think is that scum-MS would want to 1v1 me on day 1. Someone fake-guiltied me a year or so ago and didn't reveal the gambit until after I was mislynched, though. His reasoning was that my reaction to the gambit wasn't a town-reaction because I didn't go balls to the wall 1v1 and try to get him lynched. I sat down and tried to solve the game for the rest of the game day instead.

Xombie's visible trajectory from the guilty claim doesn't follow mine, but we're different players with different styles and different experience levels. There are tiny anomalous bumps on his reaction, which leave me kinda meh, but I don't think he's the scummiest scum that ever scummed atm.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:44 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 427, Imperium wrote:Implied scum motivation for complaining about lack of scumhunting is that he doesn't have to do anything, which would be scum motivation because he doesn't have to post, but the players with the biggest voice in the game are the ones doing all the posting and he's making enemies of us as a result, which accomplishes the opposite of what he would have set out to do as scum.

Ankamius is anti-town and lazy; both those make him more likely scum than town. Yes, he might alienate a couple players, but that doesn't change the analysis. Scum can still survive having an enemy or two.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:47 am

Post by FourTrouble »

far, I had a gut suspicion of Rach during pregame but Solar says she's town, and I trust their ability to read her more than mine, so I'm deferring to that for now.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:50 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 110, FourTrouble wrote:
In post 54, Xombie wrote:I think town would have added punctuation!

Why?

I'd still like an answer to this. This didn't seem like a joke to me.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:50 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 439, Solar Wind wrote:

I wouldn't have.

Why wouldn't you?

My first reaction would have been "gambit!". Next stop would be wondering about grey-area role modifiers that aren't normal but aren't necessarily bastard either. Just about the last thing I would think is that scum-MS would want to 1v1 me on day 1. Someone fake-guiltied me a year or so ago and didn't reveal the gambit until after I was mislynched, though. His reasoning was that my reaction to the gambit wasn't a town-reaction because I didn't go balls to the wall 1v1 and try to get him lynched. I sat down and tried to solve the game for the rest of the game day instead.

Xombie's visible trajectory from the guilty claim doesn't follow mine, but we're different players with different styles and different experience levels. There are tiny anomalous bumps on his reaction, which leave me kinda meh, but I don't think he's the scummiest scum that ever scummed atm.

Really? My reaction would of been

"fite me son, I 1v1 you scumbag. I'm town and ur scum. If I get lynched then I declare you to be tomorrow's lynch."

Initially I had Xombie as null because of the whole song reference thing but his "lack" of reaction towards MS kind of rubs me the wrong way.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:53 am

Post by dramonic »

Votecount 3: Also known as only 18 pages?

RachMarie (2): Farside22, House
Xombie (1): Metal Sonic
The Mask (1): Ankamius
Ankamius (1): FourTrouble
Metal Sonic (1): Bitmap
House (1): AngryPidgeon
Metal Sonic (1): Xombie

Not voting: Everyone else.

I'll change everyone else to an actual player list once we have less players not voting than voting.
jsyk
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:55 am

Post by FourTrouble »

Solar, can you guys explain your townread on Ankamius?
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:55 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 440, FourTrouble wrote:
In post 427, Imperium wrote:Implied scum motivation for complaining about lack of scumhunting is that he doesn't have to do anything, which would be scum motivation because he doesn't have to post, but the players with the biggest voice in the game are the ones doing all the posting and he's making enemies of us as a result, which accomplishes the opposite of what he would have set out to do as scum.

Ankamius is anti-town and lazy; both those make him more likely scum than town. Yes, he might alienate a couple players, but that doesn't change the analysis. Scum can still survive having an enemy or two.

How is he anti-town? Also, being lazy is not alignment indicative.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:59 am

Post by Bitmap »

@FourTrouble: What do you think of Xombie's reaction to MS's "gambit"?
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:00 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 439, Solar Wind wrote:

I wouldn't have.

Why wouldn't you?

Well said
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:00 am

Post by dramonic »

theaceofspades and Dcane have not posted on MS in over a week.
THIS WORRIES ME!
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”