Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:51 pm

Post by Foolster41 »

So, I claim mr. skullhead. I breadcrumb at day 2 something that is very obvious. So, basicly you have to admit I had in my mind what I was going to claim at that point then or I'm telling the truth. Not huge, but I think somethinf that's slightly in the favor of me telling the truth.

If you are taking Fuldu's sarcastic "excelent job" post, I have to disagree since it includes some descceptions. He acuses me of pointing my finger at others and saying who should claim. first, but I never said I was completly in the clear (People didn't really seem to raise much concern when I claimed and so, I thought it was not an issue.) Also, I had already FULLY CLAIMED, so there wasn't any more for me to say about myself.

Also, overall I think I've been giving good advice to the rest of the town. I've cautioned against rushing in to a lynch (on I think you JDodge), and at the same time was half-way in the hrrikitty lynch (Not one of the first, but not exaclty a late comer either.).

I'm defending myself because I really do think lynching me is a wrong move. It's better to nolynch to lynch me.
I admit I've made flubs accidently making myself suspicious. Forgetting which one I sent which role was stupid. But I had suspected Skruffs the most and thought of thesp as most likely to be town (as I still do.), so that's the reason why I sent Skruffs bad and Thesp good. I should have reality checked, but I replied without thinking at all.

If you really feel you need to lynch me, fine. I don't know what else to add. The way I count it, we have 8 now so we need to lynch scum before day 6 or scum wins.

I still think VitR is the most likely to be the last scum. He rushed for a lynch at begining of day 2. I still don't like the asured "nice catch" and then sounding like he wasn't sure.
Winner of the "if real life was like mafia" thread. :D
**May be going on permanent Limited Access as soon as April 1st. :(**
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:39 pm

Post by Thok »

They're Ani-mani,
Totally insane-y,
Mr. Haney;
ANIMANIACS!

These are the Facts:

No Lynch - 3 - Thesp, Sweenytodd, Foolster41
Foolster41 – 2 – now a ranger, JDodge

Fuldu – 1 – VitaminR

With
alive, it takes
to lynch!

Not Voting – 2 – Fritzler, Fuldu

Yeppers – it's DEADLINE time. However, since I will be leaving for vacation this Friday/Saturday, I'm not sure if I'll be able to enforce one during the week I'll be gone. As such, the deadline ends at 11:59 pm PST, July 1. At that time, it will take half a majority (that being 3 votes) to lynch, or else the game will go directly to night.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:47 am

Post by VitaminR »

Not particularly enthused about a No Lynch, but I don't really see a much better option.

I will
Unvote: Fuldu
, in any case.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Just so that I'm clear, the premise of this no lynch is to have Fritz and I check to see if anyone's lying and go into tomorrow with additional information, right? Is there anything more to it than that, because while that's fine, so far as it goes, those that have claimed male non-human are presumably telling the truth about that and we won't ever catch them in a lie if they're the remaining scum.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:48 pm

Post by Foolster41 »

That's a very good point. the only one I can think of maybe investigating is Sweenytodd to make sure he's telling the truth. I don't really think of him as being more or less townish, but it couldn't hurt.

Perhaps a no-lynch isn't a good move as I first thought.
unvote
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:01 pm

Post by Foolster41 »

So, it looks like there are 4 people who we are looking at who could be scum:
JDodge, JDodgeand, VitR and myself. NAR might be lying, but if his role is provable we can remove him from the list. SweenyTodd is also a possible if he's lying, but that can be proved tonight.

We have about 3 days until the town is doomed (On day 7 we will be down to 2 people if we don't no lynch). If we no lynch, town looses a day.

I say we lynch the most likely of these 4-5 tonight (Me, if you are really sure) and investigate Sweeny Todd. If we get a non-human, lynch all liars and we win. If we get a human result, then town proceeds to lynch the next most likely of the remaining 3 until either we win or we loose. Obviously pausing for discussion on each day of who should be next and not hurrying a lynch.

I think this is the best way to go for the town at this point. I have voiced who I think is most likely scum in my opinion from this group and why.[
Vote: VitaminR
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:07 pm

Post by Foolster41 »

I mean on day 6. Sorry.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:42 am

Post by Thesp »

Foolster41, emphasis added wrote:We have about 3 days until the town is doomed (On day 7 we will be down to 2 people if we don't no lynch).
If we no lynch, town looses a day.
The bolded part is wrong. If we no-lynch and the mafia night-kill, we still have 3 lynches to work with, as well as an extra day's information. I'm disturbed by Fuldu's attempt to dissuade us from this path, and am becoming increasingly suspicious of him.

The extra information is nice, as is narrowing down the list of suspects. I don't see what's bad about that, moreover I can see plenty of
good
Fuldu wrote:Is there anything more to it than that, because while that's fine, so far as it goes, those that have claimed male non-human are presumably telling the truth about that and we won't ever catch them in a lie if they're the remaining scum.
That's true, but what about those
not
claiming male non-human? I sure wouldn't mind clearing them, in case one of them is lying. If someone's claiming to be human, for instance, and they're investigated as non-human, what would you think the best course of action is?

The idea for the extra information isn't to try to gain more info on the three in the spotlight for being male/non-human, it's to further clear (or entrap!) those who haven't claimed that. Since we're at an even number, with no real expectation of a double-nightkill, now is the perfect time to no-lynch, so we can do just that.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:02 am

Post by JDodge »

Makes perfect sense.

Unvote, Vote: No Lynch
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:36 am

Post by Foolster41 »

I'm not convinced we're going to get any good information, but fine. I'm not completly my plan is any good either now I take a second look at it.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:48 am

Post by Thesp »

Foolster41 wrote:I'm not convinced we're going to get any good information, but fine. I'm not completly my plan is any good either now I take a second look at it.
Does the potential outweigh the risk?

I think it's more likely than not we'll find out one or two people haven't lied (whether it's people we suspected of lying or not). Of course, we could also hit a windfall. What's the downside? The mafia aren't getting an
extra
kill, they're just getting it earlier.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:32 am

Post by Fuldu »

Thesp wrote:
Fuldu wrote:Is there anything more to it than that, because while that's fine, so far as it goes, those that have claimed male non-human are presumably telling the truth about that and we won't ever catch them in a lie if they're the remaining scum.
That's true, but what about those
not
claiming male non-human? I sure wouldn't mind clearing them, in case one of them is lying. If someone's claiming to be human, for instance, and they're investigated as non-human, what would you think the best course of action is?

The idea for the extra information isn't to try to gain more info on the three in the spotlight for being male/non-human, it's to further clear (or entrap!) those who haven't claimed that. Since we're at an even number, with no real expectation of a double-nightkill, now is the perfect time to no-lynch, so we can do just that.
I wasn't suggesting that we should lynch a claimed male non-human and I should stop investigating the claimed humans. No lynch would make sense if we knew that scum had lied, but I still feel like we should be trying to deal with both groups at the same time. If we lynch a male non-human today and
then
Fritz and I investigate our respective questionables, I feel like that accomplishes more than no lynch followed by investigations. Otherwise, we're dealing with the potential scum liars and putting off the potential scum truth-tellers for later.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:40 am

Post by Thesp »

Fuldu wrote:If we lynch a male non-human today and then Fritz and I investigate our respective questionables, I feel like that accomplishes more than no lynch followed by investigations. Otherwise, we're dealing with the potential scum liars and putting off the potential scum truth-tellers for later.
Given the even number of people alive, why not investigate, then lynch? Why must we lynch, then investigate?

I think this conversation would be entirely different if we had an odd number of people alive in the game, where a no-lynch would reduce the number of lynches we'd get by one, but here a no-lynch doesn't - it gives an extra night without taking away a day. It's essentially
giving
us an extra investiation. (Granted, that's presuming all investigative roles remained alive throughout the rest of the game, which is unlikely, but I hope my point comes across here - it would give us a
forwarded
investigation at the very least.)

It also makes you have to make up an extra investigation if you're a lying scumbag, which I particularly like.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:44 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Sorry for my inactivity. I've had time to keep up with my ongoing games, but not to read through a brand new one. Hopefully, there will be enough time between my return and the deadline to read and post. But seeing as we already have two scum lynched, I don't see why a No Lynch would be a bad idea if it comes down to it.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:16 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Thesp wrote:
Fuldu wrote:If we lynch a male non-human today and then Fritz and I investigate our respective questionables, I feel like that accomplishes more than no lynch followed by investigations. Otherwise, we're dealing with the potential scum liars and putting off the potential scum truth-tellers for later.
Given the even number of people alive, why not investigate, then lynch? Why must we lynch, then investigate?

I think this conversation would be entirely different if we had an odd number of people alive in the game, where a no-lynch would reduce the number of lynches we'd get by one, but here a no-lynch doesn't - it gives an extra night without taking away a day. It's essentially
giving
us an extra investiation. (Granted, that's presuming all investigative roles remained alive throughout the rest of the game, which is unlikely, but I hope my point comes across here - it would give us a
forwarded
investigation at the very least.)

It also makes you have to make up an extra investigation if you're a lying scumbag, which I particularly like.
I guess. We can no lynch later, but we might not have anyone left to investigate at that point. Sure, that makes sense. I'm not sure it's really that big a deal, but I see your point now.

As to your last point, if I'm a lying scumbag, then I shouldn't have to make up any results, since presumably everyone else told the truth and I can just agree with them. Which is why back before the mass claim I kept offering to prove myself, because I knew I wouldn't be able to at this point.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:17 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

First off:
Vote: No Lynch
just to be sure. There's no reason to give up a chance at further investigation or lynch rashly just because a deadline is approaching.

I will post my thoughts and feelings now while their fresh:

I would like to apologize for NAR, but ensure everybody that he only seemed scummy because he was an idiot. I am still Chicken Boo, watcher, non-human, but I don't know if I'm male or female (he was usually characterized as male, but chickens are inherently female).

As of yet, I have no problems trusting the claims of Fritz and Fuldu and would therefore trust whatever they turn up tonight. I think Mr. Skullhead needs a bit more explanation. What exactly is a good idea or a bad idea? Did the mod tell you? I'm guessing good idea=motivation and bad idea= roleblocking, but the whole role seems fishy to me. I also have difficulty beleiving that Pinky, the Brain, and Scratchandsniff are all just townies. This seems like a game full of weak roles, and I wouldn't be surprised if just about every role does
something
. I think one or more of them is lying for either towny or scummy reasons.

Like I voted eariler, I agree with the idea of a no-lynch, but I feel we should be far more flexible in what we do on following days than Foolster is suggesting. While I currently beleive the claims of our gender/species cops, and I can't find any particular gender/species claims that stick out as false, it's almost inevitable that somebody out there is lying, and not taking that into account is a losing strategy.

And now we come to who I beleive is scum or town. (Towniest-Scummiest)

-I know I am town
-I feel very strongly that Thesp is town for reasons repeated far more times than they had to be (I once again apologise for NAR) + ST's sig.
-I think Fritzler's claim as Nurse is pretty solid now. I don't get scum vibes from him, and it would be stupid to lynch an information role.
-Fuldu gets the same treatment, except his claim is slightly less solid. I will respect Thesp's feelings that he's scummy, but I'm not sure if I totally get the argument (It seems like 1 part VitR's original suspicions, 1 part feeling that his claim is a lie, and 1 part scummy vibes over not supporting a no-lynch)
-While I'm not sure I trust Foolster's claim, I don't think he's scum. In case anybody forgot, SJ's vote was on Foolster when he died, and he had been bussing him a little too hard for it to seem like distancing. I think SJ saw an erratic posting style (@Fooster, learn to proofread.) and dogmatic opinions as a possible ticket to a D1 lynch, and those same things have kept him high on scumdars ever since.
-I've seen SweenyTodd's play as fairly solid since he replaced Ether, but his claiming townie on a role that screams doc seems odd, and while I'm not a Lynch-All-Liars type of guy, I'm not going to discount it.
-Last on my list are Pinkey and the Brain. Two roles that fit Yakko's build (male, non-human), yet they say that they're just vanilla townie. Two characters important enough to have their own spinoff just vanilla? Not buying it. I have also found VitR's play to be misleading and JDodge's to be pandering. The only crack in my suspicions is that they can't
both
be scum, so one might not be lying when they claim townie.

That is essentially the game as I see it. I just wanted to get this in before DL (in case I'm not here tomorrow).

G'night Everybody!
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:48 pm

Post by Foolster41 »

I do not have any further info on my role. I was told explicitly by the mod at the begining that I don't know what they do, but I could assume that good was good and bad was bad (This fit with my role, where bad ideas usualy bad ideas ended up with pain for Mr. Skullhead.). I have a few suspciions of what it could do. I don't think it will help, but I might as well share since info is info.

The only possiblity I can think of for good idea is a protectiion. Any sort of investigation wouldn't make sense to me. I'm not sure what you mean by "motivation."
For bad idea the town possibilities I thought of was either a roleblock or a kill. I think either I accidently killed the skruffs and the scum incidently targeted the same person, or for some reason was unable to kill, or I targeted with a roleblock and it came to nothing anyway, since skruffs was a townie and scum targeted him. Either way, the scum killed Skruffs.

My plan was more of a sort of guideline, and I noted that discussion would interlude during days and the town would take their time. As it is, as I said before I'm not so sure this is such a good plan anyway anymore.

As for the bad spelling, I like to think I'm getting a little better but this is a constant thing for me if you know me. I seem to always get suspected because of my sloppiness.

As for the rest of it, (except trading your name with mine :) ) I completly agree with your observation of the game.
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:55 pm

Post by Foolster41 »

At the end of the second paragraph, I guess I should have said that the town most liekly killed Skruffs since i find it unlikely that the scum who killed killed Skruffs was targeted bya roleblocker.

by the way, if way if there is somehow a roleblocker out there who targeted someone the night skurffs was killed and didn't target one of the dead scum (I can't remember if Hurrikitty was already dead by then, but I don't think so.) they should probably come out now since I'm 90% sure that would be our last scum.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:29 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Wheel of Mortality, turn turn turn...
Tell us the info that we should learn:

*DING!*

Wheel of Mortality wrote:
1.) No Lynch has received
votes, which is enough to be lynched at deadline.
2.) No Lynch has hence been lynched.
3.) He turned out to be my imaginary friend. Now I have to think of a new one. Thanks a
lot
4.) In unrelated news, it was discovered that research causes cancer in rats.
5.) In further unrelated news, the fifth annual Convention for Procrastinators is next Friday. Hopefully somebody shows up this time.
Final Vote Count for Day Three

No Lynch – 4 – Thesp, Sweenytodd, JDodge, NabakovNabakov

VitaminR – 1 – Foolster41

Not Voting – 3 – Fritzler, Fuldu, VitaminR

No Lynch, Imaginary Friend, has been lynched!
It is now
Night Three
. Night choices are due to me on July 6th, at 11:59 pm, PST.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:37 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Wheel of Morality, turn turn turn…
Tell us the lesson that we should learn:

*DING!*

Wheel of Morality wrote:
If you can't say something funny, you're probably at the Ice Capades.
A newspaper reporter studying the wreck of the Titanic suddenly sees something he had overlooked the hundreds of time he had looked at the album. "Certainly not," he thinks, flipping pages to other photographs. But it is in every picture. His eyes go wide, as his subconscious reels at hidden thoughts.

Without thinking, he opens another album – paintings from the Battle of Waterloo. The same figure appears next to Napoleon, over and over. "It can't be!" he thinks, disbelieving. He searches through albums and videos of alls sorts... Black Tuesday. Battles at the Coliseum. Nazi Germany. The Enola Gay. The Moon Landing. The Man Standing in Front of Tanks in Tienanmen Square. Socrates drinking hemlock. In each demurely stood the same thing.

"Giant chicken! A giant chicken everywhere!" he screams, running from the room. He runs up behind his boss, shaking him by the shoulders. "Giant chicken! Good god, the world's gone mad! The men are chickens!" When he turns him around, he finds that the manager he had been working under for twenty years was indeed... none other than a giant chicken.

"Bloo! Blah! Skeeble-doop-fleep" says the man, as he tosses papers willy-nilly and dances on his toes out the door, quite lovingly driven insane in mere minutes. He somehow failed to notice that the giant chicken also happened to be beaten upside the head.

NabakovNabakov, Chicken Boo, Partial Watcher, has been beaten over the head!

It is now
Day Four
. With
alive, it takes
to lynch!
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:53 am

Post by Thesp »

Time for our info roles to claim their results, and I don't think the order they do it matters.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:14 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Bah (or should I say Bawk?)

I will fondly remember the one post I got to make.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:23 am

Post by Fuldu »

I got human on SweenyTodd.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:45 am

Post by Thesp »

Looking over it now, Fritzler's result is likely meaningless. :?

The way I see it now, SweenyTodd, Fritzler and I are all-but confirmed to
not
have the traits of {being non-human, male}. That leaves 4 people, and 3 lynches to decide between.

I like our odds, even though I'm uncertain which direction to go in.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:30 pm

Post by Foolster41 »

I meant to say MAFIA most likely killed skurffs. sorry. The other way makes absolutly no sense.

*sigh* so in we pretty much know exactly what we knew before.

So we have JDodge, VitimanR, Me and fuldu?

Out of these, I have to say VitaminR is most suspicous to me. "Nice catch looks like we have our last scum" sounds VERY certin to me, and his saying it isn't to cover himself makes me suspicous, among other reasons I've stated before. If you look back, I'm not the only one to suspect him in the past either.

Fuldu is a close second, partly because of his "excelent job" post about me. I felt it was dishonest considering I had already told all I could tell about myself, so the only thing left would to say who I most likely is scum. There were other things, but i only have a vauge memory of them.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”