Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:14 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Short Answer: You're Paranoid :P

Anyway, the other cop can investigate Yos and I'll do someone else, if you like.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:15 am

Post by Xdaamno »

/Or I can send my result to Spambot, though I'm not entirely convinced he's town. I can't change my action after hour 1 ends though, according to the mod.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:17 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Clarification from Moderator:

You can change your action after Hour 1, however Hour 1 will not count in the 4 hours it takes to complete the action then. You have to be on the same action for as much time as it takes to complete it in order to receive a result at the end.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:05 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Heh, don't listen to Guardian, he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:08 am

Post by Spambot »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Heh, don't listen to Guardian, he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.
This is a weird response to somebody that is saying you're suspicious.
Spambot - Bringing others down to his level since 2007.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:10 am

Guardian wrote:I get this horrible feeling Yos Albert and Xdaamno are scum together. Look at the key positions they fill. I am picking up on some interactions, too.

CTD, investigate Yos, and send your results to someone besides Albert...

My 'scumdar' is really going off here, I have a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach about these three... It's like "wow, are they really pulling this off? or am I just crazy?"

I thought I'd post that now, I've been feeling it since 512, and on re-read I am much less certain Albert is town that I was. OTM could be town too, maybe I was overreacting... Wanted to let you guys know.
The reasons for which he is suspicious are imbecile. 512 wasn't even my post. If Yosarian were to be scum, I'd have my money on the FBI liaison and the counter-intelligence guy.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:26 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Eyceking wrote:So I go ahead and send PM to pressurise the FBI Liaison, right? I didn't see you confirm that's what you want, Director Yos.
Yeah, start pressuring to speed up the FBI liason.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:32 am

Post by Guardian »

Albert, it's hard to say my reasons for being suspicious are imbecile when I haven't even posted them yet....
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:36 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

I also don't like how Guardian's trying to direct the cops here, as he's still high on my suspicious list. Perhaps I'm being paranoid, but I'm wondering if he's hoping to get the cops to waste their investigation on me because he's planning on killing me anyway and become director.

But, whatever; cops, investigate whoever you want. We might not get all that many investigations, so you guys need to make each one count, and if at least one of you finds scum that'll make our second lynch nice and easy. It's probably best, in fact, if cops DON'T announce who they are/aren't investigating, because that kind of information makes it easier for scum to figure out who they're going to kill.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:05 am

Guardian wrote:Albert, it's hard to say my reasons for being suspicious are imbecile when I haven't even posted them yet....
Oh ? I thought the reasons was that we hold key positions the mafia want to fill.
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:55 am

Post by Frozen Atlantic »

Well, if Yosarian wanted to spend the first hours hunting moles, he'd have his hands full - half of the office was suspicious on one level or another, and the list of logical, trustworthy people was small and shrinking by the second. He was all for lynching, but the margin of error here was tight, and it was best to wait for results and evidence and intelligence and all that good shit.

And now, they needed to gather it. He looked at YogurtBandit and shrugged. "When are Bauer's reports, hourly? I'd wait and see if he gets a lead before you run off to follow it."
Sucking at Mafia does not make you a townie.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:59 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Well, if Yosarian wanted to spend the first hours hunting moles, he'd have his hands full - half of the office was suspicious on one level or another, and the list of logical, trustworthy people was small and shrinking by the second. He was all for lynching, but the margin of error here was tight, and it was best to wait for results and evidence and intelligence and all that good shit.

And now, they needed to gather it. He looked at YogurtBandit and shrugged. "When are Bauer's reports, hourly? I'd wait and see if he gets a lead before you run off to follow it."

By the way, Roleclaim/Lynch, which one you want? :P
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:44 am

FA rolled his eyes and tried not to bury his head in his hands. Roleclaim.

ROLECLAIM?

ROLECLAIM?
"SIA. Townie. By the way,
think
about the game mechanics beforetrying to get all snarkalicious / get the fuck out, which one do
you
want?"

He didn't want or need a reputation as an ass, but... ROLECLAIM? Eh. Unprofessional, sure, and he'd probably get words on that. But one thing was for sure, they were only an hour in... and he already felt he was gonna need something stronger than coffee.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:45 am

I claim Jack Bauer. lolol
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:03 am

"Rly? Cool. I'm Palmer."

ROLECLAIM?
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:30 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Frozen Atlantic wrote:FA rolled his eyes and tried not to bury his head in his hands. Roleclaim.

ROLECLAIM?

ROLECLAIM?
"SIA. Townie. By the way,
think
about the game mechanics beforetrying to get all snarkalicious / get the fuck out, which one do
you
want?"

He didn't want or need a reputation as an ass, but... ROLECLAIM? Eh. Unprofessional, sure, and he'd probably get words on that. But one thing was for sure, they were only an hour in... and he already felt he was gonna need something stronger than coffee.
*throws coffee in face*

Next, how'd you join the game?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:31 am

He replaced CDB.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:33 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Oh, he did?

Better stop grilling then :P

*lame welcome handshake*
Cracking Idea Mafia
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Hey we don't have much time if we want to get some momentum towards a lynch here. In most games, day 1 discussion seems to go on for a month or more. We can't wait that long in this game. We have, what, 9 days? In the interest of getting some pressure/discussion going, and because I think he is the scummiest:

vote: eyecking
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:33 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

I disagree with most of OTM's posts and his vote on Eyce, who I only find a little more scummy than average (Which isn't enough for a lynch), plus the fact he's now wanting us to push the lynch quickly

Vote: OTM

You've been flying under the radar a little from what I can tell.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:51 am

Post by Off the Mark »

No - I am trying to push ahead for discussion. We are very limited on time here. We need to get a bandwagon going to evaluate behaviour. Thanks for your vote, though, that helps. :D
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:24 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Go on, then, I'll analyse you. Make sure you provide a defense rather than shrugging me off ;)
Off the Mark wrote:
Korran wrote:Well since Guardian's not gonna be director I'm going to get a crappy job so I don't give a shit who is director.It makes no difference to me
I know you are new, but this is not a pro-town attitude. You are here to win the game, hopefully, and not just "get assigned a cool job."

Anyway, yeah having the roles not sent by PM was a big mistake by the mod IMO. I am finding myself agreeing with Albert that anyone posting soon after the thread started is suspicious.

However, when I did the read-through, Guardian seemed like a bit of an impulsive nutjob to me, so I don't want him in charge either. He seems to judge people waaayyy too quickly for my liking.

How about this idea?

vote: Albert B. Rampage
for director.

We need someone we can trust and he is my pick because I am sure he is in the same boat as me. I had no idea this game had started until I got a prod and it seems he is in the same situation.
Right from the first post, this is one of my points. The tone of voice employed by OTM is quite manipulative (Though, admittedly, I haven't read his other games so I don't know if he's always like this). Korran was the easiest target for allying with easily; then again, they could be scum partners but OTM's scum either way. Of course, this is 80% of a scum vibes kind of thing.

Yes, he'll probably strawman the above argument since it isn't that strong.

Off the Mark wrote:
eyecking wrote: 3. Which player do you trust least?
The lurking ones. Who haven't posted. At all. Other than that... maybe I don't know. Too early in the game to be certain about things like that.
eyecking was giving me scum vibes from the beginning but this post puts him over the top. Given that the mod didn't send out PM's to townies, that seems like an obvious answer to me as to why players are lurking. But if you DID receive a PM, (as I believe eyecking did) perhaps this would not occur to you. It's also a convenient excuse to deflect suspicion.

FOS: eyecking
This is OTM's third post. He's already jumping on eyce, and I don't see anything wrong with eyce's statement. One thing I have noticed, though is, OTM's use of 'eyecking was giving me scum vibes from the beginning' . Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't OTM one of those
who wasn't even there at the beginning
?

Disclaimer 2: Wow, look at the connections between me and Eyce through the game, after re-reading. This was unintentional, and please give me the benifet of the doubt.

Off the Mark wrote:That's quite a fantasy you cooked up there, Yos.
FOS: Yosarian2
Fifth post, no explanations, lots of embellishment. This is probably the best example of this I can find.
Off the Mark wrote:Yos, you seem to focus on odd things when you read my posts. The only way you could possibly think that the focus of my posts has been to prove myself innocent is that either you were suspicious of me from the very beginning for some odd reason or you are simply scum and trying to throw up a smokescreen here.

Anyway, I think Guardian is making a mistake when he says the SIA role might be a good place to stick suspicious players. These roles can be as good as CIA's as they get to track communication with the mod (i.e. terrorist actions) and they can falsify info. The only roles that would be somewhat safe are the Liaison roles with the exception of the FBI Liaison. Field Agent roles would also be good for suspicious players because we could order them to be bodyguards. They might have some dangerous capabilities in that role, like assassination, but they would immediately identify themselves as terrorists if they did not follow orders.
Hm. The first paragraph is wrong, simply because of this: Even if OTM was not being overdefensive, how is it in any way no pro-town to point it out? It's perfectly reasonable for any x pro-town player to believe someone is being overdefensive even if they don't realise it. Stating your feelings is pro-town, not pro-scum. Still, I'm not ruling out Yos as scum, just that OTM's argument is faulty.

The second paragraph is slightly better. He makes a few good points, but still comes off as rather manipulative in his writing style.
Off the Mark wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:Two players suddenly switch to guardian with little reasoning at exactly the same time? :P
I have been considering switching to Guardian since he and Albert posted their ideal setups. I didn't like Albert's much at all. With Guardian, I just had the issue with the SIA position but other than that, I liked his plan.

Korran's vote made me realize Guardian DID have a chance to win so I decided to vote for him too.

I don't trust you at all, however, Xd.
And here's his very first mention of me, his seventeenth post. Regardless, his argument in the second paragraph reeks vibes to me.
We should be looking to support the players who look the smartest and most pro-town, not those that have the best chance of winning
. Why he'd choose to support guardian solely based on the fact he had the best chance of winning is strange.

And, after that, he says he dosen't trust me out of the blue, but do you remember the context this was taken from? Two of the most suspiscious players suddenly voted for another of the most suspiscious players at the same time, with crap reasoning. Now, even if I was wrong, how is it not pro-town to point out this was strange?
Off the Mark wrote:Actually this is kinda silly. We are never going to agree on a good setup since some of us are scum. It's like throwing Jesse Jackson and David Duke into a room to try to come up with a plan on how to best fight racism in schools.
Little content, lots of posting.

And I'll do the rest of the analysis when I have time.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:31 am

Post by Xdaamno »

But don't just wait for it. Post! :P
Cracking Idea Mafia
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:00 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

So, All Actions take 4 hours?(Unless sped up by White House)?
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:12 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

check the first post for details on your roles.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”