Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:07 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I think crytos should all have bodyguards; they are receiving information from at least 4 different sources. Even if the mafia kill 2 in 9 or 10 hours, there are still 2 sources of information to cryptos will need to decrypt. I say both bodyguards should be on cryptos until there is a confirmed innocent.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:14 am

Post by Xdaamno »

In that case, we could use arrest as an extra lynch and the threat of their members being permanently captured should keep me from being NKed.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Eyceking
Eyceking
Goon
Eyceking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:19 am

Post by Eyceking »

The White House:
The Liason to the White House may request help with the pressuring of certain foreign nations by requesting many different military options with regards to war.

He is also the one who gets yelled at by the politicians who don't want this nuclear weapon to detonate.

Possible Choices:
Request Declaration of War/Military Strikes on Target
Request Pressure be put on FBI/CIA/NSA/SD to handle CTU requests faster.
Request Presidential Pardon to use in negotiation with Terrorist.
Request Money to use in negotiation with Terrorist.
So that's my role. I don't understand what these things mean, someone want to help me out? I'm guessing I can:

Destroy a suspected area.
Help the other guys go faster (wooooo)
Get faster results from a suspected terrorist by getting a Presidential Pardon? Or by offering money??

Am I right? I'm guessing at this point helping one of the other liaisons is the best use of my time right now - so who to help?
What are you pressing select for? You don't got time to make a profile!
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:41 am

Post by Xdaamno »

And I want confirmation from Yos/whoever about whether you guys want my investigation result tonight immediatly or not.
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
Vote: UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:46 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

You wont get investigation results tonight Xd. You're the liaison. It takes you 4 hours to get anything done. And no, whoever you capture will not be taken permanently. If you die, Director can make someone else be the FBI Liaison, and they can release them, if deemed necessary.

Eyeceking: Put pressure on the FBI
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:02 am

Post by Frozen Atlantic »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Holy Crap...is it just me or is the 3rd post brand new?

Re-reading the SIA role, it seems SIA doesn't only choose from one of the 12 players, but from the 10 Suspected Terrorist factions as well. This means right now me and FA have 22 targets and we must choose 1 to monitor.
"Good evening, gentlemen, I'm Frozen Atlantic. A handful of you know how I operate." He waves a coffee cup in CTD's direction and continues. "I also see a lot of new faces. Rest assured that I'll be doing the required reading and getting a handle on your level of competence fairly quickly. You can also rest assured that I'm slightly more intelligent than the average bear and will be more help than hindrance in averting this crisis as soon as possible."

He rubs his eyes and tilts in UA's direction. "Right. And if all our suspected terrorist factions are equal, then our time is better spent uh... ensuring the honesty... of our co-workers at CTU, especially with an hours work behind us. But," he says,reaching for a thin black briefcase placed rather conveniently under the table, "I suspect that all our factions might NOT be equal."

There's a slam as the case hits the desk and a click as it opens. As FA speaks, he slowly peels out some relevant papers. "Al-Ikhwan, the Muslim Brotherhood. Their goal is a worldwide Islamic state, and while they ostensibly condemn violence, if you can name a Muslim extremist group, they have informal ties to the Brotherhood. Hezbollah and Al-Qaeda are of particular interest here, obviously. There are, of course, many legitimate, charitable organizations under the Brotherhood's banner as well - the trick is following this very complex web to the bad guys - if our bad guys are indeed Muslim terrorists. Al-Ikhwan might be a good place to apply pressure, as the other suspected organizations aren't as intertwined."

"You know." He takes a deep breath and sips the coffee. "Something Yosarian might want to think about. As far as the people already here. I've always been an advocate of removing people who aren't of use to the operation, and I think Korran certainly fits that bill. Xdaamno's also high on my list - I really didn't like his opening strategy of putting idiots in charge of CTU. If Erin Driscoll has taught us anything..." With a chuckle, FA waves his free hand, idly wondering - then another thought hits him, and he looks across the table more urgently.

"What's of the utmost importance here is everyone having a directed choice every hour. We can't afford to lose actions because of red tape - the Director might have to make a lot more coordination choices towards the beginning of the game with so little information available. With all that said, I'm going to pull down some server logs and get a hard copy of the discussion prior to my arrival, see what shakes out, and HOPEFULLY report my findings by the end of the hour. Any questions?"
Sucking at Mafia does not make you a townie.
Eyceking
Eyceking
Goon
Eyceking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:17 am

Post by Eyceking »

Who are you, and what the hell is going on?
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon
UltimaAvalon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:19 am

Post by UltimaAvalon »

@.@

Wow. Raise your hand if you don't know what to do with your free time
AlyG: If he's not a joke account then what is he? He starts bandwagons on himself and insults other people.
Frozen Atlantic
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Frozen Atlantic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:37 am

Post by Frozen Atlantic »

/cough
Sucking at Mafia does not make you a townie.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:43 am

Post by Xdaamno »

UltimaAvalon wrote:You wont get investigation results tonight Xd. You're the liaison. It takes you 4 hours to get anything done. And no, whoever you capture will not be taken permanently. If you die, Director can make someone else be the FBI Liaison, and they can release them, if deemed necessary.

Eyeceking: Put pressure on the FBI
Ohyeah >.>
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:45 am

Post by Xdaamno »

And lol at the
intense
roleplay :P
Cracking Idea Mafia
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:59 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Eyceking wrote:Who are you, and what the hell is going on?
lol at this perfect response.

OK not sure what to make of F.A. yet, but he does seem to think a lot of himself.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:59 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Xdaamno wrote:And I want confirmation from Yos/whoever about whether you guys want my investigation result tonight immediatly or not.
It'll take you 4 hours to finish. After you finish, it's your call; if you find a confirmed innocent and don't want to reveal it right away, you could tall me. Try to find a scum though; I don't think we can afford to go the "confirm several innocents and find the scum by process of elimination" path this game, scum could do too much damage in the mean time. I'm assuming you get the result yourself, and it dosn't have to go to a crypto?

Albert: Protecting the cryptos is important, but I was thinking that even more important is keeping the cops alive for the 4 hours it'll take for them to get their results, at least for the moment. After the counter-intellegence guy sends his first result in to a crypto, priorities might change.

By the way, I'm going to be busy for the next day or two, might not be able to get on. Normally, being away for that short a period of time wouldn't even be worth mentioning on mafiascum, but I figured it'd be worth saying here. For example, I probably won't have time to call all 3 field agents into my office during hour 1, I'm afraid, assuming I have to do each one seperatly. For the moment, I'd say Off The Mark should protect the FBI agent, Yogurt should protect the counterintellegence agent, and Korran pick one of the cryptos on his own (and not say who in thread, obv) and protect him. Sound good?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:00 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Xdaamno wrote:And I want confirmation from Yos/whoever about whether you guys want my investigation result tonight immediatly or not.
It'll take you 4 hours to finish. After you finish, it's your call; if you find a confirmed innocent and don't want to reveal it right away, you could tall me. Try to find a scum though; I don't think we can afford to go the "confirm several innocents and find the scum by process of elimination" path this game, scum could do too much damage in the mean time. I'm assuming you get the result yourself, and it dosn't have to go to a crypto?

Albert: Protecting the cryptos is important, but I was thinking that even more important is keeping the cops alive for the 4 hours it'll take for them to get their results, at least for the moment. After the counter-intellegence guy sends his first result in to a crypto, priorities might change.

By the way, I'm going to be busy for the next day or two, might not be able to get on. Normally, being away for that short a period of time wouldn't even be worth mentioning on mafiascum, but I figured it'd be worth saying here. For example, I probably won't have time to call all 3 field agents into my office during hour 1, I'm afraid, assuming I have to do each one seperatly. For the moment, I'd say Off The Mark should protect the FBI agent, Yogurt should protect the counterintellegence agent, and Korran pick one of the cryptos on his own (and not say who in thread, obv) and protect him. Sound good?
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:06 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Got it, boss - sending PM
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:20 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

The most important question to me right now is when to start lynching people.

Theoretically, we could lynch a maximum of 8 people (unless my math is off, which it very well could be), and I seriously doubt we're gonna need that many, or even be able to make as many.

Considering the significant amount of time we've spent on developing a set-up that includes roles for everyone, I personally don't think we should lynch anyone before we've had some info pouring in. On the other hand, twiddling our thumbs for the first couple of days doesn't really sound appealing to me either.

Thoughts?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:23 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Its too damaging to lynch a townie, we have to wait until we get more information.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:45 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

It's true that lynching a townie means we have 1 less role filled, but not lynching a scum could be worse, as nearly all the roles in the game are dangerous in the wrong hands.

Like I said, we might not want to lynch during hour 1 unless we have a really good suspect, but we should start thinking about it; if we don;t lynch during hour 2 or 3, we start both losing lynches and we start making the lynches/nightkills ratio worse for the town.

If we're focusing on the "find the scum" win condition, we probably don't want to wait to long to start lynching.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:22 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

*Remembers he has to send results to the cryptos first*

The cryptos shouldn't just tell Yos. We can't be 100% sure he's pro-town, so it's too risky. Everyone/No-One.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Eyceking
Eyceking
Goon
Eyceking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:25 am

Post by Eyceking »

So I go ahead and send PM to pressurise the FBI Liaison, right? I didn't see you confirm that's what you want, Director Yos.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:14 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Field Agents(3):

Field Agents are the bread and butter of CTU. They can be sent outside for field operations such as assassination, abduction, or planting tracking devices/bugs on high priority targets when Jack Bauer is unable to perform these duties. They may also investigate target sites, or perform bodyguard duties for members of the CTU staff.(Bodyguard duty means that if the player would've died, his bodyguard dies instead)

Hmm, Should we Investigate a Target site as well?
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:27 am

Post by Xdaamno »

I don't know why we're all turning to Yos for startegy now. Him having a power role dosen't change the fact he is/isn't scum.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:54 am

Post by Spambot »

I agree, and that's why I think we should investigate him as soon as possible. Until then, we should try and form a general consensus on any actions.
Spambot - Bringing others down to his level since 2007.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:56 am

Post by Xdaamno »

God, I forgot I could do that >.<

I already sent mine in so I'll see if I can change it, otherwise the other cop needs to.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:07 am

Post by Guardian »

I get this horrible feeling Yos Albert and Xdaamno are scum together. Look at the key positions they fill. I am picking up on some interactions, too.

CTD, investigate Yos, and send your results to someone besides Albert...

My 'scumdar' is really going off here, I have a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach about these three... It's like "wow, are they really pulling this off? or am I just crazy?"

I thought I'd post that now, I've been feeling it since 512, and on re-read I am much less certain Albert is town that I was. OTM could be town too, maybe I was overreacting... Wanted to let you guys know.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”