Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:31 pm

Post by Stewie »

~N9V~ wrote:O.K Stew, lets take your reason into perspection. Lets say i
am
an SK. wouldn't you want me around for this night? Because The mafia would hit me, and I would get one morre chance at getting a mafia member. Either way, wether I'm a vig o an SK, today is not the day I should be lynched. Other than that, it's up to the doctochoose wether to protect me or not.
Why would mafia try to kill you if they can lynch you? Keeping you alive just gives you an extra night, in which you may or may not kill a mafia. From a mafia perspective, it doesn't really matter whether the town lynches you or not as long as we don't lynch one of them, because there's roughly an equal chance of you killing a town than killing a mafia. From a town perspective, you gotta go as soon as possible so you stop killing.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:35 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

First off, I am now 100% certain that ~N9V~ is not a vig. Town-aligned players just don't use reasoning like this:
~N9V~ wrote:O.K Stew, lets take your reason into perspection. Lets say i am an SK. wouldn't you want me around for this night?
~N9V~ is clearly trying everything to save his own skin at this point, which is befitting of a self-aligned player. There is no doubt.

Secondly, the correct play in this situation is to lynch the SK. The moment we rely on scum to take care of our problems,
and
on the SK to kill in our favor, we're giving control over the game out of our hands. Chances are we're gonna have to lynch the SK later anyway (if scum feel confident not to get killed, or have a roleblocker, for example), so there really is no point in letting him potentially kill even more townies..
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:38 pm

Unvote, vote: ~N9V~
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:34 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

I'm not quite as sure as you that N9V is the SK, CTD, (I'm about 80% sure) but can you explain this statement a little more:
The moment we rely on scum to take care of our problems, and on the SK to kill in our favor, we're giving control over the game out of our hands.
Couldn't we lynch him whenever we wanted? I guess he could get away with one kill where he didn't follow instructions, but I'm not sure I see how this is "giving away control of the game". I'm still keeping my vote on N9V, by the way, as I agree it is the safer play.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:42 pm

If he doesn't follow instruction and kills a townie, and the mafia does the same, the town is most likely already outnumbered. We can't lynch him anymore then. Our only hope in that situation would be for scum to crosskill, which isn't in our hands. Hence, giving away control of the game.

It's not in an SKs interest to work with the town, especially once he's been outed. It's in his interest to screw the town over to create a situation where he can't be lynched anymore. He might not always be successful, but trust me, he will try if the town lets him.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:53 pm

Post by Hjallti »

Okay I think I thought of this long a enough. I still have doubts, but the only way to solve those are to see what happens next.

Let's put us in twilight:

vote: ~N9V~
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:05 pm

Post by Aimee »

Hm, I guess I don't get a chance to report my re-read, then. Oh well. I would have voted for him as well, because I too believe him to be the SK.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:29 am

Post by PJ. »

~N9V~ - 5(Off The Mark, NabakovNabakov, Stewie, Hjallti, Crashtextdummie)

Not Voting - (pickemgenius, Aimee, Bobbyplump, ~N9V~)

With 9 alive, it takes
to lynch.

It is Unanimous. You all run up to ~N9V~ after a minor discussion with Crashtextdummie about something or other, and kick him in the teeth. After a Unanimous decision you drag him to the Totally Awesome Gallows. He hangs and you can tell that it was a good decision, as an assortment of knives fall out of his jacket.

~N9V~, Lynched day 2, Totally Awesome Serial Killer.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:33 am

Post by PJ. »

Night 2, please send in choices by Tuesday Afternoonish.
Last edited by PJ. on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:12 am

Post by PJ. »

You Lovely Towns people Wake up. All of you. Almost. Well after walking around aimlessly, you see the man the myth, no not Panzerjager. You see Hjallti, really dead. Like totally awesome death status. He was pretty dead. Not even I can tell you how awesome and dead he is. Lets just say he has parts missing. Lots and Lots of Parts.

Hjallti, Totally Awesome Townie, Dies Night 2.

Day 3! Go!
Last edited by PJ. on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:32 am

Post by pickemgenius »

Atleast I found scum with my first ever cop investigation.

Vote: BobbyPlump

DIESUCKDIE YOU SCUM!!!!

Yes I now I am sane also, Papaya investigated Hj Night 1 and got an innocent, and that should explain mine/Papayas different feelings toward Hj on Day 2 aswell.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:54 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

I'd really like to vote BP right now, but I'm also keeping in mind that this could just be a ploy. If this setup has three mafia, then we're lynch-or-lose. (And we're still in a dangerous spot if there's only 2) Sorry for being paranoid here Pickem, but I'd like to leave things open to a counterclaim/discussion before I vote.

If you aren't a filthy liar, Good Job on catching scum! :)
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:10 am

Post by pickemgenius »

NabakovNabakov wrote:I'd really like to vote BP right now, but I'm also keeping in mind that this could just be a ploy. If this setup has three mafia, then we're lynch-or-lose. (And we're still in a dangerous spot if there's only 2) Sorry for being paranoid here Pickem, but I'd like to leave things open to a counterclaim/discussion before I vote.

If you aren't a filthy liar, Good Job on catching scum! :)

1. There is not a factually based counterclaim out there, my weird behavior towards hjalti Day 2 was justified because I(Papaya) got an innocent reading upon investigation.

2. Yes,and thanks. Rereads are useful for finding scum, I reread BP's posts first, because my analysis upon replacing said BP was anti-town, so I naturally investigated him upon another reread.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:45 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

Wow, I would not have picked Bobbyplump, but I believe you pickem, as your behavior is consistent with a cop's. I think Stewie is the other scum, or possibly Aimee. We still don't know if it's 2 or 3 scum, but I would guess only 2 right now.

vote: bobbyplump
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:58 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Al'right. I read over D2 and Papya did clear Hjallti pretty blatantly. First outright without explanation and then again by saying he could only see Hjallti as scum in connection with N-L. This is
probably
due to investigation, but it could have been honest analysis, and Pickem is just exploiting it now (once again, I apologize for my paranoia).

I'm pretty convinced, but not 100% yet. I want to hear what others think before we go to L-1 and other scum can come in to hammer.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:59 pm

Post by Stewie »

It might be better to wait before lynching, that way we can discuss the game a bit more rather than having a quick day with no info gained at all.

That being said, some of bobby's posts gave out a weird vibe, so I'm most likely going to vote for him too, just later when enough discussion took place.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:36 pm

Post by Aimee »

I am waiting for bobbyplumb's reaction to this before placing a vote. I am almost certain that he is the cop, and got a guilty on bobbyplumb.

Also, I think that N9V's lynch should theoretically confirm the fact there are only two scum in the game - three scum and an SK is
very
unbalanced against the town.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:23 am

Post by Stewie »

I've seen 3 scum + SK before in a mini. Might be different because it started at night, but I really don't know what sort of difference that makes.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:40 am

Post by Off the Mark »

pickemgenius wrote:Yes I now I am sane also, Papaya investigated Hj Night 1 and got an innocent, and that should explain mine/Papayas different feelings toward Hj on Day 2 aswell.
This also explains why Papaya was so suspicious of me at the beginning of Day2. Since I had gone after both N-L and Hjallti, I can understand how I looked pretty scummy to him. Yeah, I was a little trigger-happy I guess. :(
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:17 am

Post by ~N9V~ »

Bah, I tryed. Had nothing else to claim. Go Town!!
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:47 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

I could see a balanced game having 3 mafia and an SK. We were unlucky that NV killed a townie night one, but because the SK is an independant faction, he's just as likely to target scum as town (to eliminate competition or gain credibility on a vig claim). Also, a wealth of town power-roles can make up for a bunch of anti-town roles. I don't think we'll really know until after we lynch our second scum.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:33 am

Post by Off the Mark »

unvote

It just occurred to me that if there are 3 scum and we are in LYLO, and IF pickem was scum, this would be a pretty good play to end the game. I'm not saying at all that this is the most likely scenario, in fact I am still pretty sure pickem really is the cop because he would be taking a big risk of a counterclaim if he was trying to pull this off as scum.

But it is worth consideration and I want to see all the reactions before I revote.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:28 am

Post by bobbyplump »

Wow, what a crappy thing to come back and find in the midst of vacation. I did PM the mod over the weekend and tell him that I'm on vacation this week. Will probably only be on once a day to post at most. Bad timing on my part.

With that said, my lynch decision is easy.

Vote: Pickemgenuis

He's lying. And tottally awesome townies don't lie. Lynch him...and then his scum buddy Nabakov.

Look back and tell me where I've been anti-town. Anybody? Anybody? I'm always out there looking for the best possible solutions...even if I don't know what those solutions are.

So Pickem goes into the cave, knowing scum is awfully darn close to victory. He jumps in immediately to implicate a townie. Then his scum buddy Nabakov comes on with the, "I'm not quite convinced" act. "If you aren't a filthy liar, good job at catching scum"?! Ugh! Gag me!

Kill pickem and let's get on the right track.

I'd be happy to answer any questions, but time will be limited due to vacation and all.

And my thoughts on the 2 vs. 3 scum thing? I really doubt there's three scum out there. Nearly half of the town's population has been killed so far and no pro-town specials? I don't buy it. I'm a regular villager, so I highly doubt we have 3 mafia, 1 townie (me), and 3 others at this point in the game.
I'm your huckleberry.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:29 am

Post by bobbyplump »

P.S. I'll be on for probably another 10 minutes or so if anyone is out there.
I'm your huckleberry.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:55 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Hey, I was just doing a reread and I found this very interesting exchange:
CrashTextDummie wrote:
bobbyplump wrote:
CrashTextDummie wrote:
FoS: bobbyblump
Uh...Ok? Does that have a reason behind it?
I believe there's a good chance that you are N-L's scumbuddy.
bobbyplump wrote:Fair enough. Of course, that would require N-L to be scum and we don't know that.
Nice try, bobby. :D

vote: bobbyplump

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”