Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:43 am

Post by Glork »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Glork wrote:My point, Yos, is that this kind of behavior has been documented in me both as town and as scum. I am curious to know why, this time, you find it suspicious. What distinguishes my play in *THIS* game from similar play in previous games?
(shrug) Gut, mostly.

In this case, I just did what everyone should do; if there are two major bandwagons, even if you don't completly support either one, it's better for everyone to say which of the two they would support if they had to, because if a deadline hits it might come to that.
....two major bandwagons? As of AE's vote count, there were three; Shteven has four votes. Why didn't you mention him at all? Where does Shteven lie on your list of suspicions? Why do you feel the way you feel about him?

This is one of the things that bothers me. I guess I feel that you're coming and commenting on what you want, while you're failing to acknowledge things that I want you to be looking at. Now granted, it may be because my memory is a bit rusty, but I don't recall you having said anything substantial about Shteven at all, when he is one of the three most likely lynch candidates of the day today.
Yos2 wrote:You can talk about your playstyle if you want to, but vauge comments like that look designed more to spread suspicion around and confuse the issue then like an actual attempt to find scum. Rather then explain why you think I'm wrong, why you think Guardian would be a better lynch then Yogurt if it came down to it, you just randomally tried to undercut me and to link me to someone I've been attacking all day. That could be an attempt on your part to protect Yogurt, and attempt to further distance yourself from Guardian without actually voting for him, or just an attempt to make me look a little more suspicious, but it did not look like a real attempt on your part to figure out who the scum are.
I'm just getting increasingly frustrated because I've been calling Shteven scum for a good 5-10 pages now, it seems, and everything I say seems to fall upon deaf ears. BillyTwilight is the only person I can recall off the top of my head who actually rolled with what I've said, took a long hard look at all of Shteven's posts, and made a substantial analysis on Shteven. And guess what? Billy decided that Shteven is probably scum, too!

Meanwhile, I keep seeing people flippandly jump between Guardian and Yogurt, and the game is getting nowhere, and people are just bandwagoning for reasons which are completely beyond me.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Guardian wrote:Umm, prod BM, because he is doing both. He is completely ignoring what's going on, AND is being calculating in doing so, imo. If he has time to post that he is not ignoring my arguments, he could respond to them.
if you want someone to be prodded, you have to put it in bold for the mod to see. :roll:
As far as im aware, you havent offered any arguments yet for me being scum, other than the lie that i am not paying attention.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:25 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

unvote, vote: Glork

It was a mistake to unvote you.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:26 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Reason: his exchange with Yos.

I don't doubt that Shteven looks scummy. But you are scum, science fact.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:48 am

Post by Glork »

I fail to understand you.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:23 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

LoudmouthLee has asked me to do a...

Official Day One Vote Count

Guardian – 5 – Battle Mage, HackerHuck, inHimshallibe, Shteven, AutumnEvenings
YogurtBandit – 5 – Plessiez, Billy Twilight, HungryJoe, Jack, Mastermind of Sin
Glork – 3 – MrBuddyLee, johhan, The Central Scrutinizer
Shteven – 2 – Glork, Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage – 1 – Yosarian2,
The Central Scrutinizer – 1 – YogurtBandit
Battle Mage - 1 - Guardian

Not voting – 0

With
alive, it takes
to lynch!
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:01 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Stoofeh!

umm, Is LML looking for a replacment for Plessiez? AE even said Plessiez cant play the game due to RL issues.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:40 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Hmm, now that I think of it, the Shteven wagon has felt a lot like the YB wagon. I guess the difference, to me, is that Shteven doesn't really look all that scummy, whereas most people seem to agree that YB is scummy, but they keep finding other people to call their top suspicion.
Permanent V/LA.
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:36 pm

Post by Shteven »

A few minor things to Glork:

Calling yos/guardian scumbuddies because he indicated which of the two major wagons he supported is horrifically stupid. I was certainly willing to overlook it, because there have been quite a few people who seem to enjoy posting unhelpful sort-of-but-not-really joke posts. Saying that someone who expresses a preference between two wagons must be scum buddies with the other one is really just wasting everyone's time. And we're already on page 42, so I'd thank you to be more useful, as everyone's opinion of you seems to be that you are in fact useful.

As far as me being 3rd wagon...At some points I suppose I was. I believe at one point (although now quite a lot of pages back) I even was #1 wagon because inhim did a truly random (dice roll) vote and got my wagon to break a tie. It didn't last long, and I've never really felt pressured yet. You are the only serious advocate of my lynch today.

The summary of our conversation is a few small insignicant posts, then your huge post laying out your case, and my huge defense post. Since then, you've more or less repeated that the Shteven lynch is the move to make, without any new points. My question to you is what of my defense post? Do you feel any of my defenses were valid? If you could, for each point (or at least the major ones) do you feel my defense strengthened, weakened, had no affect, or completely eased your feeling that that point made me scum? If there's something you'd still like answered, let me know. As I see it, I haven't left anything unanswered and consider myself cleared. Dragging this on, and the manner by which you do it, are making me more and more suspicious of you, Glork.

And as for the current 3rd wagon, according to Mr Stoofer, you are it.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:41 pm

LOL OWNED
Permanent V/LA.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:24 pm

Post by Glork »

***Your first two comments (first that I misrepresented you, then the sarcastic "if Glork says I'm wrong, then I guess I was wrong" note) make me feel worse about your alignment. As I noted at the time, you were wrong because I had already moved my vote, and you had questioned me on the basis of still voting MBL while discussing other things. Your premises were factually wrong, I had pointed that out earlier, and so your point was completely invalid.
In your response to me, however, you simply chose to act as if I'm trying to stifle everyone by taking on a "he's wrong, but I won't tell you why" attitude negatively. I didn't explain why because I had already explained why at the time. Anybody could have read back and noticed that I had moved my vote. Anybody could have read the relevant posts and seen that I pointed this out. It did not need to be repeated.

***Shteven's response to my hypothetical "suppose I
had
left my vote on MBL..." doesn't do anything for me either way. On one hand, he is technically right that while I poked around elsewhere, he didn't do anything. On the other hand, this shows that I've actually been poking around, whereas... well... he hadn't been doing anything. A valid defense, but it opens up another hole in Shteven's early-game play.

***The next point:
Shteven wrote:The reason I voted Albert started out as a feeling. I got a lot of inspecific queasy feelings from each of his post. Then, he said that we should all read his past games to understand his playstyle. This is not a scumtell. However, it vexed me on a personal level. Not the best reason to vote for someone, I realize. However, the main reason I was so glad to leave it there was because it's the early pages of day 1. If I misrepresented the strength of my convinction (which I believe I did) then it's an error on my part. Attacks such as your post on me don't spring up on page 6. My attack on Albert was much weaker because it was much earlier. I am no longer voting him for this, and while I'm still not very fond of him, it's not worth much anymore. See one additional reason below the next section.
.....this kind of argument just makes me feel ill inside. I am not inherently opposed to voicing suspicions based on gut. I'm not even inherently opposed to voting based on gut. But at some point, I expect a player who votes "on gut" to try to actually explain why they have this gut feeling. The problem I had with Shteven's play throughout the majority of this day is the fact that he kept reiterating that he was against Albert, but he continually failed to explain why this was so. "Gut" cannot cut it throughout an entire Day One. I don't care how small, seemingly-insignificant, or few those "gut" feelings are. If you're going to state that you are happy with your vote
SIX TIMES
(before removing it) without having explained it,
even after having been asked to explain it more thoroughly than you allegedly previously had
, I think that this speaks volumes. First of all, it says that you are clearly very convinced that the person for whom you are voting is scum. Secondly, it indicates (to me, anyway) that you're not doing your best to convince everybody else that the person for whom you are so consistently voting is actually scum. I think, Shteven, that if you put
even a fraction
of your defensive effort into making a legitimate case against Albert, you just might have gotten him lynched.

This bothers me so, so, so much, it almost hurts. I believe that AE touched upon this earlier. You seem ready and willing, at the drop of a dime, to post a lengthy defense of yourself (sometimes coupled with retorts and insinuations against your attackers -- particularly me). Yet for so long, I felt as though you put very little effort into helping find scum elsewhere. You claimed to have been happy to vote Albert, made a handful of fairly "Meh" posts in my opinion, and seemed to think that it was enough. I could go into a long-winded discussion about how that's a terrible way to play as town, but I'd be wasting my breath. We've already had too many theoretical gameplay debates, and I don't think you're playing poorly as town anyway. I think you're playing a mediocre game as scum.
Shteven wrote:Most of the reasons are just above this section. The part I want to add here is the suspicion over his townie claim. This is another thing that hit me fairly strongly on the first read. It's probably because I didn't hold him in high regard. I have backed off this point, because I thought about what would happen if I was in his place. First, I'd wait for the 8th vote at least, but sooner or later, I'd have to claim. And really, there's not that many other things to claim. So while I still hold his early-claim to be fishy, I don't fault him for claiming townie. I don't want to get into more meta discussion, but if someone wants to briefly summarize the courage vs sacrificing a townie choice, I wouldn't mind the info.
Another fairly neutral defense, in my opinion. I suppose this explanation is reasonable enough, but it doesn't do much for me personally.

Shteven wrote:"Steven decides his feelings about Albert aren't as strong as he once thought and rationally stops voting for him. But wait, that would kill my case. Oh, I know, he used the word target. Let's lynch him, am I right guys?" ...As for the word target, I like it, I play world of Warcraft, and it's nifty.
This amounts to mere OMGUS, so it's a definite minus point. I tend to look at word choice in people's posting. Tones, specific words, and those "bewteen the lines" things that people say are often pretty telling. FrozenAtlantic once said that my greatest strength was in reading
subtext
in other people's posts. So I feel that my bringing up your word choice is entirely reasonable.
Secondly, he doesn't address the actual point in his quoted selection, that . He's strawmanning my "I don't like his word choice, but I might be reading too much into it" comment, and he's completely ignoring the Point 4) that I had actually made. I still think that his stance (calling playstyle as a defense "completely worthless") is completely wrong, and I don't like the fact that he brought up that point against Albert. I still don't like that he chose to ignore my Point 4) in lieu of taking a potshot at me for a side-comment. Definite OMGUS, and very likely not the good kind.

Since then, I agree fully with AE's point that your only focus is on self-survival. To an extent, I realize that everybody should want to survive. But given what I've felt has been a fairly large difference between your defensive efforts and your scumfinding efforts, I think that AE might be onto something.
Take this, for instance. Each of your last six posts of the game have been primarily defensive. In two of them, you have also dropped "Glork is scum" insinuations while directly responding to my behavior towards you.

I am also fairly disgruntled that most (if not all -- I haven't bothered to check specifically) of your top suspects [Glork, Albert, Guardian, MBL] have been people who have poked around at you. It comes back to the OMGUS thing... only, it's on a larger scale. Mass OMGUS is more likely to be a scumtell than individual OMGUS, in my opinion.

And the point about me being the 3rd wagon now is rather moot. At the time that I was unhappy with Yos2's comment, you
were
the third wagon, and you were only a single vote behind the other two. That is all that matters.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:30 pm

Post by Guardian »

Man, Glork you
really
want Shteven lynched, huh?

What do you think about BM obviously not having any real suspicions and then ignoring my attack on him?
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:31 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

As of this message, Xyzzy replaces Johhan.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:35 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

Welcome Xyzzy!
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:38 pm

Post by Glork »

Guardian: I still maintain that BM is town. I am near certain of that sentiment.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:44 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

As of this message, Sarcastro replaces Plessiez.

Yogurt, I would apprecitae you do not spam the thread. The welcome post is thoughtful and nice, but new rule:

All posts must have something game related.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:46 pm

Post by Guardian »

Welcome Sarcastro!

p.s. are you scum?
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:11 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

42 pages and it's still Day One?! It's like my own personal hell.

I'm tempted to just agree with Glork and vote for this Shteven fellow, but I suppose I'll read the thread first.

And then I'll agree with Glork.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:37 pm

Post by xyzzy »

I will begin reading this tonight.

I have nothing to do tomorrow, so I'll read the bulk of it tomorrow.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:50 pm

Voting YB is the way to go.
Permanent V/LA.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:51 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

My vote stays.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:52 pm

Why?
Permanent V/LA.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:58 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Because of Sthven(wtv his name is)'s mass OMGUS'ssing and his statements about his votes.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:09 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Guardian wrote:Man, Glork you
really
want Shteven lynched, huh?

What do you think about BM obviously not having any real suspicions and then ignoring my attack on him?
I thought your last post was rather scummy, guardian. I still think BM was town, and I don't like your angry denial that your vote for him was OMGUS when you felt the need to vote him the day after he voted you, for at least the second time this game. You seem to like to vote for BM right after he votes for you, it's pretty clear that your BM votes have at least an OMGUS component to them.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:01 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Well, I haven't finished my reread, but I have taken a close look at Shteven, since Glork is so keen on his lynch. I'll admit that I didn't take that close a look at his wording, but I'm really not seeing the evidence.

If the biggest complaint about Shteven is his case against Albert, then you are certainly seeing something I'm not. Day one wagons are not exactly smoking guns, so the fact that his case isn't all that strong doesn't come across as a scum tell to me. If you think so, then I would expect you to take issue with MBL stating that one should always have a vote on someone during day one.

If anything I'm suspicious of Albert regarding his behaviour toward YB. His first list of suspicion seems to be acknowledging validity of the wagon on YB, but not wanting to board it. It gives him the opportunity to let it slide on by and "forget" to join after his reread. After Billy's massive post on Yogurt, he gives the impression that he would reluctantly switch over to the Yogurt Wagon if his vote was necessary.

He has been on the defensive a lot, but I feel he has actually defended himself quite well. I
could
see him being scum, but I don't really see why you claim him to be certain scum at this point. Overall I think he could go either way in my eyes.

I took a peek at Billy's posts next, because he's been mentioned a fair amount and that wall of text on YB was a little over the top.

My first impression of Billy is that he's trying hard to appear helpful. I'm seeing some interesting defence of Glork under the guise of an attack on Jack. I agree with his diatribe on why lurking isn't a scumtell, but I also see it as a way to make him appear a little more visible. The player list he tosses in post 647 seemed pretty pointless to me. It's mostly stating that a number of people are either hard to read or possibly town. No real conclusions and still didn't find anywhere to put his unused vote. He does put together a much better analysis a couple of days later when he brings up a few good points. One being Yos' assertion that BM is playing well. The big post on YB is what pushes him into the scummy category for me. It's only day one, yet he managed to put together so many reasons to vote for someone that hasn't been more than halfway to a lynch and that's only recently.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”