Micro 431 - Noughts and Crosses Mafia

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:27 am

Post by Empking »

My first vote count of 2015

Kaboose (1) - Kaboose

Note Voting: Equinox, T-Bone, Belisarius, Scripten
Three votes to lynch.
(expired on 2015-01-05 12:17:47)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:35 am

Post by Kaboose »

Am I right that no one wants to be the second vote? Why havent I been voted on any?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:45 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 376, Kaboose wrote:Am I right that no one wants to be the second vote? Why havent I been voted on any?

It would be nice not to have you at L-1 until we have to. More quickhammering would just be WIFOM right now for me.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:34 am

Post by Kaboose »

Yeah well the deadline is fast approaching and we lose if we no lynch.

What do we need to do to make it appropriate? Two days to lynch me. People aren't talking.

I submitted the night kill last night. Lynch me.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:04 am

Post by Belisarius »

Equinox said she wanted to add more. When that happens, or at 24 hours to deadline, I'll vote.

We have the time and we don't have to argue about who to lynch, so being this close to deadline isn't the crisis it would normally be.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:56 am

Post by Kaboose »

I would normally agree with you based on the fact you're mostly right. But in most cases, a no lynch doesn't end the game. This case it does. Which scares me because if we hold off anymore and people don't talk anymore in this game for whatever reason we lose.

I don't want to lose. So I want to make sure you slackers are around at the right time to lynch me.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:13 am

Post by Belisarius »

I'll be here.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:21 am

Post by Kaboose »

Well of course you will, someone has to make the N3 night kill.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:05 am

Post by T-Bone »

You get lynched if we reach deadline so relax. I'd rather you to continue to give input assuming your lynch doesn't end the game.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:53 pm

Post by Kaboose »

T-Bone do you think my lynch would end the game? I know you're not saying that exactly, but what do you think? Am I scum?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:09 pm

Post by T-Bone »

I do not think you are scum.

Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by Kaboose »

In post 385, T-Bone wrote:I do not think you are scum.

If everyone was on L-1 and you had to vote for someone to win, but if you were wrong we lost, who would you vote for?

Belisarius, if you were scum after my lynch who would you night kill?

Scripten if you could only choose between your lynch and equinox's lynch to win, who would you chose?

Equinox if Belisarius and T-Bone were confirmed town, and your choice was between me and scripten, who would you want lynched?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:45 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Probably Equinox. Though I'd be hard pressed to hammer Beli. I think Scripten is town, your alignment doesn't matter anymore (though i think town). I'd take a 50-50 on Equinox or Beli.

Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by Kaboose »

Does anyone actually think I'm scum? Right now, imagine the fact it doesn't matter as well.

@T-Bone, I'm so glad someone is willing to talk in this thread! Equinox is pretty much a town read from a lot of people I think. And you're thinking opposite? Are you town? Why are you town? People don't think you're town, how does that make you feel?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:46 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 386, Kaboose wrote:
Scripten if you could only choose between your lynch and equinox's lynch to win, who would you chose?

VOTE: Kaboose

There, now scum can't tie the vote at the last minute. All they can do is quickhammer. Assume I will vote anyone who quickhammers right out of the gate tomorrow. No exceptions.

Anyhow, to answer your question, I would obviously choose Equinox. Since I'm town, my lynch would lose us the game. The only possible way to win would be through lynching Equinox, though I do not think she is likely scum.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:54 pm

Post by Kaboose »

Why do you assume you would be alive the next day phase?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:00 pm

Post by Equinox »

I'm sorry. I should have done this sooner rather rather than be out for so much of the Day, but I'll go ahead and request replacement so that you guys have someone active rather than a lurk-sack because it doesn't look like my issues with time are going to improve.

Let me give those thoughts that I promised I would before leaving, though.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:04 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 390, Kaboose wrote:Why do you assume you would be alive the next day phase?

Where did I say that? My lynch today would lose us the game, because I'm town and scum would NK for the win via TTT. (Unless you're the last scum, but that's not a chance I'm willing to take.) My lynch tomorrow will lose us the game because tomorrow is LyLo.

So between the two of us, I would have to put my chips on Equi flipping scum.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:00 pm

Post by Equinox »

In post 364, Equinox wrote:I need to go back and look at what people proposed in other games and see if it has any relation to what RedCoyote proposed here because I suspect he would've suggested something to his/scum's benefit, so this is a self-reminder to do that.

More or less where the posts were made: Micro 115 and Micro 130. What T-Bone said about the suggestions being from town thus far is true, but neither had taken the argument to the extreme that RedCoyote had in post 59. In that same post, RedCoyote had said that his plan of lynching the center would allow us to lynch everywhere else except T-Bone to get maximum post. I have in my notes that lynching Pine and killing me (because I'm vain and like to think RedCoyote would've tried to do so after I lynched RedCoyote-scum in two other games) would have protected T-Bone because we would not have lynched that corner:

_ _ _
_ X _
O _ _

In post 386, Kaboose wrote:Equinox if Belisarius and T-Bone were confirmed town, and your choice was between me and scripten, who would you want lynched?

Scripten. You're the one on whom I have the solid town tell.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:01 am

Post by Kaboose »

In post 389, Scripten wrote:
In post 386, Kaboose wrote:

VOTE: Kaboose

There, now scum can't tie the vote at the last minute. All they can do is quickhammer. Assume I will vote anyone who quickhammers right out of the gate tomorrow. No exceptions.

Anyhow, to answer your question, I would obviously choose Equinox. Since I'm town, my lynch would lose us the game. The only possible way to win would be through lynching Equinox, though I do not think she is likely scum.

I admit your question probably was the trickiest, I was just simply coming up with random things to get people talking about whatever. My point here is that in your first sentence:
now scum can't tie the vote at the last minute.

This makes little sense to me because there's only 1 scum left. Even if they voted someone else, there'd be 3 other people out there to cast those last two votes.

Now my point about you assuming you'll be alive is in your third sentence:
Assume I will vote anyone who quickhammers right out of the gate tomorrow.

If any of the three others quick hammer right now. Why do you assume you'd be alive the next day phase to vote for them?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:36 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 394, Kaboose wrote:
I admit your question probably was the trickiest, I was just simply coming up with random things to get people talking about whatever. My point here is that in your first sentence:
now scum can't tie the vote at the last minute.

This makes little sense to me because there's only 1 scum left. Even if they voted someone else, there'd be 3 other people out there to cast those last two votes.

There's only one scum left, so there's only one vote that could potentially end today in a no-lynch. Now that situation is impossible, even if nobody else votes before deadline. (You now have two votes and scum only one. It would require another townie voting elsewhere, which is unlikely since it would likely lose us the game.)

In post 394, Kaboose wrote:
Now my point about you assuming you'll be alive is in your third sentence:
Assume I will vote anyone who quickhammers right out of the gate tomorrow.

If any of the three others quick hammer right now. Why do you assume you'd be alive the next day phase to vote for them?

If I die in the night, then I would hope the remaining townies would realize the person who quickhammered today killed me. I posted that to keep town or scum from quickhammering more than as a simple threat.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:13 am

Post by T-Bone »

No lynching isn't possible in this set-up unless no one votes ever during the day. You shouldn't be terribly concerned by that. Kaboose is locked in to be lynched, nothing can be done about it. We should be way more interested in the next day phase while we still have (potentially) two extra town voices.
In post 393, Equinox wrote:
In post 364, Equinox wrote:I need to go back and look at what people proposed in other games and see if it has any relation to what RedCoyote proposed here because I suspect he would've suggested something to his/scum's benefit, so this is a self-reminder to do that.

More or less where the posts were made: Micro 115 and Micro 130. What T-Bone said about the suggestions being from town thus far is true, but neither had taken the argument to the extreme that RedCoyote had in post 59. In that same post, RedCoyote had said that his plan of lynching the center would allow us to lynch everywhere else except T-Bone to get maximum post. I have in my notes that lynching Pine and killing me (because I'm vain and like to think RedCoyote would've tried to do so after I lynched RedCoyote-scum in two other games) would have protected T-Bone because we would not have lynched that corner:

_ _ _
_ X _
O _ _

What's the theory here? That RC drew attention on himself to protect me and I quick hammered him to facilitate that? That doesn't make any sense to me, and with a different combination of players (if I wasn't the opposite corner) makes very little sense to me. A lot has to go right for RC that is out of his control.

Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:26 am

Post by Belisarius »

In post 386, Kaboose wrote:Belisarius, if you were scum after my lynch who would you night kill?

Tough call. Part of me would want to ice T-Bone to throw off any town plans made in the night and foment confusion and FUD, but I think my recent scumplay (particularly in Mini 1518 where I voted in a bloc with my scumbuddy and still won even though said scumbuddy flipped) has probably used up about all of the luck I have, so I'd probably take the safe move and shoot Equinox, since nobody has any real desire to lynch her.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:30 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 388, Kaboose wrote:Does anyone actually think I'm scum? Right now, imagine the fact it doesn't matter as well.

@T-Bone, I'm so glad someone is willing to talk in this thread! Equinox is pretty much a town read from a lot of people I think. And you're thinking opposite? Are you town? Why are you town? People don't think you're town, how does that make you feel?

In my scum to town list you'd be ahead of Scripten. But I think if you were scum you'd be trolling or trying to swing the "correct" lynch right now, because you'd have no other choice.

I am town because of my role PM :P. I can sit here all day and type up why I am town, but it's all hersay. I can say this I have been coming at this game with a protown mindset, the move that got me in trouble (quickhammering RC) was my attempt to putting the town in a good position (by putting the pressure on Math/Beli who I was reading as the scumteam). RC got himself into enough trouble that he was going to be lynched, I reasoned that hammering him was a good idea to pursue my reads. Also I tend to scumread people who call me scum (because I always think I'm obviously town), and I might have taken that to a little extreme early on in the game by making myself a detriment to the town. There is no chance I'm NKed tonight with enough players saying they are willing to lynch me (IE everyone).

Equinox replacing out changes my opinion on the slot slightly (he's not the type of player to quit cause he doesn't think he can win), so maybe lurking wasn't an intentional strategy. I think from a scum perspective he benefited from laying low Day 1, which I think was intentional on his part as a foil to RC, in fact he was the foil to RC's plan on Day 1, but I think he legitimately wanted to be a part of this game. Between RC getting lynched and Math playing the martyr Equinox has certainly benefited from other players. He's played a low confrontational game as well, never following up on Beli's townread based on nothing, and telling us how right everyone was about lynching RC (Math and Kaboose I believe). Admittedly it's not easy to read Equinox as scum because of the lack of content, but I think he's provided enough insight from a scum perspective.

Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:36 am

Post by Kaboose »

beli, T-Bone and eventually Equinox's replacement...

Do you think Scripten assuming he'll be alive on the last day was at all a slip of some type?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”