All is Who
All is Who
Goon
All is Who
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:21 pm

Post by All is Who »

Andrius, if you genuinely have any trouble telling us apart, let me know. I'll try to find some way to differentiate myself from Who. So far, this is all me. I will not budge on the signature thing, because we agreed with each other to do it before we signed up for this game. So far this has all been Jingle. When Who gets in here the difference should be pretty easy to spot.

So, to sum up your defense, Four, you're low hanging fruit.

And Andy, you're invoking his beetlejuicing. Interesting.

Do either of you disagree with that summary?

In post 197, Andrius wrote:I will give Peregrine time because, while at this moment I cannot remember where, I do remember him as being a decent scummer who should come around.

In my experience, Perv is a strong town player and has good reads, but his thread presence leaves something to be desired as both alignments.

PEdit: Oh, Who's back.

~aphix
Last edited by Shadowmod on Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
All is Who and Who is All.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:22 pm

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 200, All is Who wrote:So, to sum up your defense, Four, you're low hanging fruit.

No, that wasn't a defense. It was part of the reason I voted Andrius.
All is Who
All is Who
Goon
All is Who
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:31 pm

Post by All is Who »

In post 200, All is Who wrote:So far, this is all me.

Liar.

I got enough from a brief reading what's happened so far to have the following reads:
Pine: Town
Farside: Scum
Konowa: Town
In order of descending sureness.
All are completely gut, I haven't done any analysis on anyone yet.

~Majiffy
All is Who and Who is All.
Who
Who
Yes?
Who
Yes?
Yes?

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:35 pm

Post by Who »

Egopost.

~No one
Who said that?
Chamber. It's all a conspiracy.
Or is it?
Southern Gothic
Southern Gothic
Goon
Southern Gothic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:37 pm

Post by Southern Gothic »

I think Flames has a good chance of being scum.

, , and all discuss forming reads from the first few pages, specifically Nacho's read on ABR and Andrius' read on Iecerint. On the surface it mimics the group dynamic in form and subject, but the questioning is awkward and stilted because it's very static. The contrarianism in the posts doesn't really leave anywhere for the conversation to go because Flames never bothers to talk about specifics or pinpoint what
exact
problems he has with the reads. As such, it's very unlikely these posts would elicit a productive response. There's also not much critical evaluation of the reads going on, evidenced by the fact he misstated Nacho's argument ("I don't find explaining something indicative of alignment."). This leads me to the conclusion that the posts are for the purpose of looking participatory and trying not to set off any alarm bells.

Could you please develop your scum read on Iecerint a little more, Flames?
I could remember how my father used to say that the reason for living was to get ready to stay dead for a long time.
Southern Gothic
Southern Gothic
Goon
Southern Gothic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:47 pm

In post 94, farside22 wrote:Game is weird. I don't like rvs all the time. Sometimes I'll vote, sometimes I dont. Most time I wait 5 pages and get reads on people.
Feel more like I'm pulling teeth reading people here.

You seem bothered by Fourtrouble staying on the periphery of the discussion, but you don't seem bothered by Flames. Why is that?
I could remember how my father used to say that the reason for living was to get ready to stay dead for a long time.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:08 pm

Post by Andrius »

FT wrote:This is a terrible reason to keep voting me.

Forgive me, I am not known for this voice - I am attempting to change, difficult as it is.
My vote stays.

AllisWho wrote:And Andy, you're invoking his beetlejuicing. Interesting.

Forgive me, I do not know what you mean. I am unfamiliar with Beetlejuice.
He is a player who has denied us reasoning for his first scum vote (curious) and is basing his lack of activity and explanations on V/LA, which is understandable but does not provide any insight into his alignment. Thus, I await his return and the chance to more accurately discern his motivations.

In my experience, Perv is a strong town player and has good reads, but his thread presence leaves something to be desired as both alignments.

I believe this to be true.

@mollie: I admit I am not pleased with Flames, though I can see town motivation behind his posts. Granted, it is not clear. Does that make sense?

In post 205, Southern Gothic wrote:
In post 94, farside22 wrote:Game is weird. I don't like rvs all the time. Sometimes I'll vote, sometimes I dont. Most time I wait 5 pages and get reads on people.
Feel more like I'm pulling teeth reading people here.

You seem bothered by Fourtrouble staying on the periphery of the discussion, but you don't seem bothered by Flames. Why is that?

Interesting note. I had a connection drawn in my mind earlier regarding ABR, but I forget with whom it was drawn.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Southern Gothic
Southern Gothic
Goon
Southern Gothic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:22 pm

In post 206, Andrius wrote:@mollie: I admit I am not pleased with Flames, though I can see town motivation behind his posts. Granted, it is not clear. Does that make sense?

This is TTH. And that makes sense only insofar as anything
could
hypothetically have town or scum motivation, it's just a question of which is more likely.
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:28 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

ptap - Happy New Years everyone, will be back early new year.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:47 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 195, All is Who wrote:Mollie, it's New Year's Eve Eve. Give the guy a little slack. At least wait until January 6th until we lynch him for being a lurksack.

The miracle of the modern internet points out that I will not be back in full force until January 7, but good try.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:53 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 178, All is Who wrote:Sorry, guys. I missed the game start because I didn't remember which game Who said he signed up for and I didn't log into the hydra to check. And also shadow didn't send a PM to my main, which is cool and fine but I kind of expected it to come when the game started.

Sorry, shadow! I'll get right on reading up and murdering townies/stabbing werewolves with a noose, whichever one I'm meant to do, after work tonight.

If someone could go ahead and tell me who is scum, who is town, and who is lynchbait I should be voting that'd be great. If not, I hate you all and you're meanyfaces.

Also of note: Is this a closed/open/semiopen setup?

~AngryPidgeon

I've read the thread, but have no reads at this point.

But, I want to start with what gave me pause.

The bolded part of your quote above seems to indicate that you had not yet looked at your role PM before posting. Nor had you looked at your PT with the mod before posting.
If none of that occurred, how were you able to come to the awareness that the game had started and you were part of a hydra in it?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Southern Gothic
Southern Gothic
Goon
Southern Gothic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:26 am

In post 177, Konowa wrote:What?

You can quit with the condescending crap you're giving to mollie, because your argument is
really
hard to parse.

There's a
lot
of underlying resentment evident in your posting ( and just to name a couple) so that is undoubtedly effecting the dynamic here. is the heart of your argument and the post you repeatedly cite in your later arguments with farside and mollie. Evaluation of the individual premises along with your apparent opinion of farside don't support your conclusion.

The first point, "#121 was needless fanning of flames." is unclear since I'm not sure what metaphorical "flames" are being "fanned." From the context, I'm guessing you're saying farside's snarky response to Fourtrouble's townreads was scummy. I suppose you
could
argue that there's a closed-mindedness about it that's scummy, but if you look at the activity leading up to there are requests for opinions from Fourtrouble or comments about how Fourtrouble should contribute: , , , and . In light of Fourtrouble's ensuing minimalist posts, and , a snarky response makes sense. It likely originated from frustration which is independent of alignment and therefore seems as likely to come from town as scum.

None of what I just talked about bothers me, though. Where I get hung up with
you
is regarding how aware you are of biases and how they reflect in your farside read. tells me you're very aware of how farside is and I think you said you played 3 games with her at one point. That's quite a few.

The second point is that she avoided "ABR/Gothic stuff." I'm assuming you're talking about the exchange starting on page 2. This doesn't seem to be a particularly useful indicator of alignment because the premise it's built on, that scum are more likely to "avoid" a particular conversation, is never proven. The foundation the argument is built on doesn't exist. The third point, "#126] is more discredit without attempting to figure out motivation." is based on your subjective interpretation of which are influenced by the biases that obviously exist. As someone who doesn't know about you and farside's history, my opinion is that there's nothing particularly prejudicial in post 126 that would effectively work towards "discrediting" you to most of the players in this game.

Where I'm getting hung up with
you
is regarding how aware you are of the biases that play into your treatment of farside. From and the fact you played 3 games with her, I would think you'd be well aware. You absolutely
insist
that tunneling has nothing to do with your case, but when you take that away the case doesn't really make sense.

What is the no-bullshit core of the farside case?
Southern Gothic
Southern Gothic
Goon
Southern Gothic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:30 am

*sigh*, I should not do this at 6:30 in the morning. One of those middle paragraphs got moved to the last one and revised.

This is more readable:
In post 211, Southern Gothic wrote:
In post 177, Konowa wrote:What?

You can quit with the condescending crap you're giving to mollie, because your argument is
really
hard to parse.

There's a
lot
of underlying resentment evident in your posting ( and just to name a couple) so that is undoubtedly effecting the dynamic here. is the heart of your argument and the post you repeatedly cite in your later arguments with farside and mollie. Evaluation of the individual premises along with your apparent opinion of farside don't support your conclusion.

The first point, "#121 was needless fanning of flames." is unclear since I'm not sure what metaphorical "flames" are being "fanned." From the context, I'm guessing you're saying farside's snarky response to Fourtrouble's townreads was scummy. I suppose you
could
argue that there's a closed-mindedness about it that's scummy, but if you look at the activity leading up to there are requests for opinions from Fourtrouble or comments about how Fourtrouble should contribute: , , , and . In light of Fourtrouble's ensuing minimalist posts, and , a snarky response makes sense. It likely originated from frustration which is independent of alignment and therefore seems as likely to come from town as scum.

The second point is that she avoided "ABR/Gothic stuff." I'm assuming you're talking about the exchange starting on page 2. This doesn't seem to be a particularly useful indicator of alignment because the premise it's built on, that scum are more likely to "avoid" a particular conversation, is never proven. The foundation the argument is built on doesn't exist. The third point, "#126] is more discredit without attempting to figure out motivation." is based on your subjective interpretation of which are influenced by the biases that obviously exist. As someone who doesn't know about you and farside's history, my opinion is that there's nothing particularly prejudicial in post 126 that would effectively work towards "discrediting" you to most of the players in this game.

Where I'm getting hung up with
you
is regarding how aware you are of the biases that play into your treatment of farside. From and the fact you played 3 games with her, I would think you'd be well aware. You absolutely
insist
that tunneling has nothing to do with your case, but when you take that away the case doesn't really make sense.

What is the no-bullshit core of the farside case?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:52 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 142, Iecerint wrote:Well, you voted her in 122 and your main reasoning for voting her was 121, which is the post where she mocked FourTrouble for finding me town (echoing others) and finding ABR town (less echo-y, so this point I don't see as particularly vapid really).

So I can see that post as being pretty consistent with the previous (admittedly funky) focus on FT's lack of engagement with the game.

126 is odd, though. Not sure why she jumped in like that when she could've just waited for you to say something. It's a pretty awkward interaction now that I have been directed to look at it.

I found konowa's vote pretty bad. He follows ABR's train of thought. Then votes for me for pushing 4. There was nothing scummy about my push on the spot.
Also when he says he doesn't want to interact because of how I get, he is referring to me as he has seen me as town.
Both action rang scummy. I was pointing out nothing changed between what I have said this game and when he voted me.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:08 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 151, Southern Gothic wrote:
In post 143, Konowa wrote:I don't think ABR is trying to lynch you because of hydra. I think ABR is trying to lynch because he finds your posts nonsense/doesn't like them. That is ABR. His gushiness is offputting and I don't know what to think of that.

do you find albert trying to discern the motivation of my posts?

do you see where I am going here? also do you find my posts nonsensical? I mean I think I am being pretty clear hear and my thought processes are pretty transparent up to this point.

i noted the quote above Mollie and I don't see why, if abr has issue with hydra's why he's not attack four as well.

In post 153, Iecerint wrote:FWIW in the other game it looks like farside replaced into the game late and caught up, but here she's playing from the beginning. Her vibe is going to be a little different in each circumstance.

Pretty sure he pointed to the game because I tunnelled him to death.
Don't really get all the butt hurt on that considering I got scum lynched 3 out of 4 lynches I was there.

In post 173, Southern Gothic wrote:
In post 166, Konowa wrote:
In post 129, Konowa wrote:farside
is probably one of the most abrasive players on site, but
as Town has a genuine feel of trying to figure the game out. She's doing that here, at all.
was needless fanning of flames.
She's avoiding the ABR/Gothic stuff.
is more discredit without attempting to figure out motivation.

She's Scum. Found on page six. Please lynch.

Take out the abrasive comment, which was more to what I thought of her personally and not trying to say anything alignment indicative which I said in #115, and what do you disagree/find scummy?

okay. so lets leave out the part where you think she is abrasive and focus on how she was "feeding the flames" in for a minute. what "fans" was she mechanically orchestrating? I mean I took it as "slow clap" to sarcastically respond to that she thinks that four trouble is responding to that she thinks 4 trouble is stating something that she thinks is obvious?

but lets clear this up.

hey far do you have townreads on albert and iceyrent or am I wrong

to me it the post is pivoting from a four trouble is scum mindset which...fits with her vote? so what flames is she trying to fan here exactly? 4 trouble? she already thinks he is scum.when I think of a scum POV trying to fan the flames I think of scum trying to encourage a town on town tard fight not calling some1 scummy cos they have 2 peeps in their town pile that their top scumspect (I mean I am assuming a lot here and I am well aware of that) has in her town pile.

I do have one on iec
Not abr, I'm null on abr.

In post 174, Konowa wrote:The slow clap comment does nothing to further the game as Town. At the best it's anti-Town mocking, at the worst it's Scum being smug. Again this is all from the mindset of farsideTown being genuine in trying to figure the game out.

Or I'm pointing out like I said that four is still doing nothing this game.
Also did you even read the post I made to nacho, like at all?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:23 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 178, All is Who wrote:Sorry, guys. I missed the game start because I didn't remember which game Who said he signed up for and I didn't log into the hydra to check. And also shadow didn't send a PM to my main, which is cool and fine but I kind of expected it to come when the game started.

Sorry, shadow! I'll get right on reading up and murdering townies/stabbing werewolves with a noose, whichever one I'm meant to do, after work tonight.

If someone could go ahead and tell me who is scum, who is town, and who is lynchbait I should be voting that'd be great. If not, I hate you all and you're meanyfaces.

Also of note: Is this a closed/open/semiopen setup?

~AngryPidgeon

The game is a cluster fuck of confusion.
I'm leaning town with Mollie so far
Iec reads town
Abr null
Kowana scum
Ass kissing to Andy from 3 players pretty early on bugged me.
Also in regard to the signing, I don't care if you sign different each post, but please don't use names from players in the game is all I ask.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:38 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

FourTrouble looks like town.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:06 am

Post by FourTrouble »

Southern, I don't think 121 is independent of alignment - the genuine frustration isn't something scum feel when someone posts two townreads like I did.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:07 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 216, Albert B. Rampage wrote:FourTrouble looks like town.

I like the style in this post.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:51 am

Post by Konowa »

unvote;

I'm going to get drunk tonight and reasses this tomorrow.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Shadowmod
Shadowmod
Goon
Shadowmod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:09 am

Post by Shadowmod »

—VOTE COUNT

farside22
(0/7) —
Pine
Andrius
Nachomamma8
Konowa

Southern Gothic
(0/7) —
Nachomamma8
FourTrouble
Albert B. Rampage

Iecerint
(1/7)
— Flames682
FourTrouble
(1/7)
farside22
Andrius
Pine
(2/7)
— Iecerint, Albert B. Rampage

Albert B. Rampage
(2/7)
— Pine, Nachomamma8,
Konowa

Konowa
(2/7)
— farside22, Southern Gothic

Andrius
(1/7)
— FourTrouble

Not Voting (4/13): All is Who, PeregrineV, VictorDeAngelo, Konowa

With 13 players still alive, 7 votes are required for a lynch, 7 to force no lynch.
Day 1 deadline is (expired on 2015-01-12 17:00:00)
Modding History :Open 319: Jungle RepublicNewbie 1406: Krhyem on RhytehieaShadow's Delightfully Happy Newbie 1451 Mini 1635: Curse of the Werewolves
Current Games in Progress:
Mostly Flavoured Newbie 1692 NEWBIE 1693
Tag, Link and Length Restrictions on Signatures Are Annoying!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:58 am

Post by Iecerint »

Pine, do you actually have any basis for the idea that ABR is nice when he's scum, or is it more like "unusual ABR, so scum"?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:33 am

Post by Iecerint »

Mollie/TTH, I think Flame is on me basically as RVS (or at least he argued that some stuff I did wasn't scummy).
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:14 am

Post by Pine »

In post 221, Iecerint wrote:Pine, do you actually have any basis for the idea that ABR is nice when he's scum, or is it more like "unusual ABR, so scum"?

Hmm, well, I haven't played with ABRscum in a long time. However, I'm familiar with his Town MO, in which he don't give no fucks about what people think, he makes bold attacks, votes erratically to get reactions, and acts disdainful towards pretty much everyone. This ain't it.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:21 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

You're scum, Pine, aren't you. smh.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”