Barmacral
Barmacral
Townie
Barmacral
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:08 am

Post by Barmacral »

A pressure vote makes sense. It can get a person talking. A random vote though? Who cares? Its part way through page 1, and half of the other people have a random vote on them as well, whats another one gonna do?

A random vote does nothing for the game. Now if you get two or three random votes on you (well, the later ain't so random I suppose) then it starts too build up pressure, as you are actually moving towards a lynch.

But if you disagree so much, instead of just voting me, why don't you explain why you think its so worthwhile?
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:41 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Barmacral wrote:A pressure vote makes sense. It can get a person talking. A random vote though? Who cares? Its part way through page 1, and half of the other people have a random vote on them as well, whats another one gonna do?

A random vote does nothing for the game. Now if you get two or three random votes on you (well, the later ain't so random I suppose) then it starts too build up pressure, as you are actually moving towards a lynch.

But if you disagree so much, instead of just voting me, why don't you explain why you think its so worthwhile?
I will not speak for ryan, but since I agree with what he's saying I'll offer my own thoughts on the matter.

Random voting per se doesn't really matter over the course of the game, so much as the anomalies that show up in the random voting stage. In general,
someone's
will post something that isn't really random and therefore relevant to the game. It can be breadcrumbs (often associated with masons), an early third vote on a player (likely to come from opportunistic scum), a No Lynch vote (reeks of cautious scum), or a refusal to random vote (IMO, effectively the same as a random No Lynch vote).

My personal opinion is that random voting No Lynch is a vote-worthy offense in the early game... and if I consider random voting No Lynch voteworthy in the early game and I consider a refusal to random vote as the equivalent of a No Lynch, then it's only logical that I consider a refusal to random vote worthy of a vote in and of itself.

Unvote, Vote: Barmacral
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:53 pm

Post by ryan »

A couple of random votes early in a game makes guilty people sit up and take notice and gets them talking. The chance to get a mafia member to slip up and tell too much about themselves early in the game is what I'm looking for. I'm very happy to put pressure on you right now and see if the cookie crumbles and to see what other voting patterns happen. Maybe your scum buddies will build a bandwagon on somebody else and than we can trap them. OR maybe we just take you out Baramacral and chalk it up to a great first day lynch?

You don't seem very interested in scum hunting, in fact you aren't a fan of random voting, don't really see a need to throw out a "who gives a crap vote" I find that to be a little strange. Why no vote? Where does that get you in finding scum? A no vote (as stated above) is the same as a No Lynch on Day 1, which is a HUGE townie mistake and puts us in a hole immediately. I mean we've already got you talking with a few pressure votes, maybe we'll get you to crumble and take out a mafia member on Day 1 (a nice little victory for us)
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Barmacral
Barmacral
Townie
Barmacral
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:15 am

Post by Barmacral »

Where did I say I wasn't going to vote on Day 1? I just said I didn't see the point in random votes. Getting some discussion going is good, because then it brings out stuff that can cause people to slip up... we all know that, some of us have already said that. We can do it through other means than a pointless vote.

I'll happily vote for somebody who looks suspicious to me on Day 1. I also know very well that a no-lynch is the worst possible idea out there. I don't advocate it, and in the last two or three games I've played, I've fought very hard against it. (2 of those games were elsewhere, the other one was a newbie game on here)

However, since you all seem so insistent that I must throw a random vote out there, here it is:

Vote: spectrumvoid
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:23 am

Post by ryan »

Barmacral wrote:I never cast random votes. Even now that you are all doing it, there is no real rhyme or reason to it, and nobody feel's pressure to defend themselves. Casting random votes doesn't further the game at all, so why bother?
Barmacral wrote:A random vote though? Who cares? Its part way through page 1, and half of the other people have a random vote on them as well, whats another one gonna do?

TWO people asked why you wouldn’t post a random vote and than all of a sudden you post a random vote? Even after you said you NEVER posted a random vote? We all seem insistent? How about two people asked why you wouldn’t? What are you hiding here on page #2 already? You seem to be kind of edgey already. Feel like giving up your role already too? (sarcasm of course)
Barmacral
Barmacral
Townie
Barmacral
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:38 am

Post by Barmacral »

Sure. Innocent. I do hate random votes, but you asked for one, so I gave it to you.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:38 am

Post by ryan »

I'd like to hear more from you Aimee. I see you logged in quite a bit, what say you on the current state of the game?
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:40 am

Post by Aimee »

Sure, give me five. I was actually just about to respond here.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:05 am

Post by Aimee »

Firstly, there is quite a good read on several players right now, although I want to hear what voidy and Fernando think about everything as well.

I find Tarhalindur's behaviour a bit notable. I understand it is a bit early at the moment, but I got a bit uneasy about how he moved his vote so readily from a pressure vote on Barmacral, to a vote on Fernando, to another vote on Barmacral. Although he does have reasoning, and it is early in the game, so naturally votes are flying around all over the place, it is certainly something to that caught my eye.

However, Barmacral is acting plain odd. The fact he didn't place a random vote isn't suspicious. The fact he said he was against placing a random vote, but then did in the face of mild pressure is suspicious. This definitely suggests that Barmacral could be a player that succumbs to pressure easily, which is concerning at this stage. It could lead to some potentially game-breaking decisions, where the scum push Barmacral into hammering, or other potentially disastrous possibilities for the town. However, I am unsure whether this actually points to Barmacral being scum - he could easily be a townie that succumbs to pressure easily.

I will
unvote
, but I am unsure who will be getting my vote at this stage.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:06 am

Post by Aimee »

And add Enlightened Bystander to the list of those I want to hear comment.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:32 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Vote Count

Barmacral 2 (ryan, Tarhalindur)

spectrumvoid 1 (Barmacral)
Enlightened Bystander 1 (FeRnAnDo)
ryan 1 (Enlightened Bystander)
Aimee 1 (spectrumvoid)

Not Voting 1 (Aimee)
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:13 pm

Post by ryan »

I'd also like to hear from Fernando and spetrumvoid, what do you guys think on the current game/players?
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:23 pm

Post by Aimee »

ryan, what did you think about my comments?
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:17 am

Post by ryan »

Aimee: Totally agree on the "Barmacral is acting plain odd" statement and although I believe him to be scum at this time, I also agree with your comment about the fact that he seems to take a little pressure and cave and that could hurt us in the end game if he's still around. Tarhalindur, doesn't worry me as much with the pressure vote to another player back to Barmacral. Jumping votes around doesn't freak me out as much as not having a reason for doing it, I think he explained himself enough that I don't feel much scummy wise from him currently.

Fernando and spetrumvoid are the two that are making me wonder a little bit. Random votes still on doesn't throw up a scumflag, but their lack of discussion this early in the game looks to me as just lurking, and until they step it up with content I find their silence anti town.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:57 am

Post by Aimee »

And what about Enlightened Bystander? I would add him in with that group too.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:01 am

Post by ryan »

Aimee wrote:And what about Enlightened Bystander? I would add him in with that group too.
Exactly. I had him listed in an earlier post I did. Maybe a couple of pressure votes thrown his way will get him moving
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:19 am

Post by Cephrir »

Prods will go out as soon as my PMs start working...
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:24 am

Post by ryan »

I believe the PM's are working even if you get that error message, just check your outbox and make sure whoever you pm'ed is in there.
Enlightened Bystander
Enlightened Bystander
Townie
Enlightened Bystander
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:03 am

Post by Enlightened Bystander »

Sorry about the lack of communication, I was busy for longer than I expected.

Conversations so far;

Barcarmal is playing slightly unusually, and the bowing to pressure does worry me, but I don't think what he's done is a strong scumtell.

Fernando attempting to distract could just be newbish mistake, but it could also be a scum distraction. He also seems to be lurking a bit, but It's not like I can talk about that!

Tar's drifitng between those two could be fishing for a bandwagon, or it could be drifting off the most suspicious person here.

Spec's not been round much either.

ryan is reasonably active, got dragged in to the discussion on RVoting with bar, but has now moved on to discussions with aimee.

Aimee's not done anything too suspicious either.

Overall, nobody seems to trigger off too heavy an alarm for me yet, I think we need more discussion to build up.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:04 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Barmacral wrote:Sure. Innocent.
Claiming "innocent" doesn't really do much for me, since barring extreme stupidity every player in this game would claim "innocent" if asked whether they were innocent or guilty.
I do hate random votes, but you asked for one, so I gave it to you.
Um, "but you asked for one" isn't an explanation, it's a cop-out. What convinced you to cast a random vote despite your personal dislike of the concept?
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Barmacral
Barmacral
Townie
Barmacral
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:19 am

Post by Barmacral »

Hey, I'll have to catch up in a few days, I'm leaving for the weekend (Canada Day) and won't be back until Monday night. I may be able to stop in tonight before I go, but thats questionable.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:10 am

Post by ryan »

Enlightened Bystander wrote:Sorry about the lack of communication, I was busy for longer than I expected.

Conversations so far;

Barcarmal is playing slightly unusually, and the bowing to pressure does worry me, but I don't think what he's done is a strong scumtell.

Fernando attempting to distract could just be newbish mistake, but it could also be a scum distraction. He also seems to be lurking a bit, but It's not like I can talk about that!

Tar's drifitng between those two could be fishing for a bandwagon, or it could be drifting off the most suspicious person here.

ryan is reasonably active, got dragged in to the discussion on RVoting with bar, but has now moved on to discussions with aimee.

Overall, nobody seems to trigger off too heavy an alarm for me yet, I think we need more discussion to build up.
Some content, good to see :D What do you think should be done with lurkers?
Enlightened Bystander
Enlightened Bystander
Townie
Enlightened Bystander
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:14 am

Post by Enlightened Bystander »

ryan wrote:
Enlightened Bystander wrote:Sorry about the lack of communication, I was busy for longer than I expected.

Conversations so far;

Some content, good to see :D What do you think should be done with lurkers?
For the mo, a poke should be enough, but pressure voting might be needed if that doesn't elicit some good responses...
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:04 am

Post by ryan »

Any early thoughts on Barmacral's scumminess?
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:33 am

Post by ryan »

Unvote/Vote:FeRnAnDo. Although I still find Barmacral scummy, this game is dragging along due to players like Fernando not posting. Post 21 was useless and just a post stuffer. He's had zero content. Aimee, you've been weighing in nicely now, any thoughts on our lurkers/non content posters?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”