Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:14 pm

Post by Dasquian »

OK, back from an unexpected lack of internets.

I'm finding this page harder and harder to read because of the point-by-point analysis that's going on, however here are some things that stuck out:

Deadline - we have one. Like The Fonz, I have a number of people I just wouldn't lynch today under any circumstances. MBL is one of them, The Fonz is another. I haven't really thought about the list beyond that, but, eh.

MBL vs Pie - pie's tenacity is admirable but a waste of time. The numbers aren't there, he's not going to get lynched or forced to claim, move on, we have a deadline.

MBL vs Fonz - again, if MBL isn't going to get lynched, do we need to spend our time rehashing this? It'd be easy for me to now jump in with my Opinions again, but you know what they are and where the discussion would go (nowhere).

inHim - I
still
don't like the fact he hasn't claimed. I like the fact he appears to be getting away with it even less. If he's town, and he gets away with not having to claim, more power to him. If he's
scum
, and he gets away with not having to claim, shame on us.

What worries me about inHim is that it is a bandwagon that has gone to -1 under a deadline, and it feels like we've simply been distracted away from it. Really, inHim should be the talking point and we should either lynch him for not claiming, lynch him for a crap claim, or accept a claim and move on. In addition, I don't see a good alternative lynch at this point - OtM said some odd things recently but for the most part stood out as making good logical contributions. Kilmenator or superstring I could be persuaded to, but the point stands - why are we backing off of inHim?
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:26 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Dasq is quite right, of course, since I'm not willing to lynch MBL today, this whole back and forth is getting us nowhere. I'm afraid I just have something of a short fuse, and react badly to being misrepresented.

To try to get back on track, with regard to where I was prior to this little episode, I was considering the lynch merits of Nanook, inHim and OTM. A re-read makes me think I don't have that huge an issue with Nanook, inHim still looks scummy for all the reasons I've set out previously, though for some reason I'm getting a not-scum vibe off him at present. (Though, inHim: could you point me to a couple completed games on either side? Would be useful in gauging if this really is just a playstyle thing).

Most of my issues with thorgot have been stated previously. The whole random vote thing in particular. I'll pull out the following post:
thorgot wrote:
Dasquian wrote:OK, next question: who do you find suspicious, and why? A lot's happened, and you haven't said much (and still aren't).
Sure.

CES isn't very suspicious, but he did retract a doctor claim, and being "definitely town" is a death warrant.

The Fonz, for attacking Dodgy, isn't very suspicious to me, because he is drawing too much attention.

Gorckat isn't very suspicious to me, because he is so inactive.

Dasquian, I find you somewhat suspicious, because you are that perfect level between Gorckat and The Fonz, being active and helpful but not offending anybody.
As an example of quite outstanding wishy-washiness, and lack of real reasoning. The only thing he points out as being remotely scummy is that Dasq is not lurking, but less out on a limb than I was.

Now, to when OTM himself enters. He then makes a point of going away from how his predecessor acted, as if he was stating his suspicions not because he thought they were valid or would help to catch scum, but in order to distance from his predecessor and make himself look innocent.
The player who is consistently showing up on my scumdar is kilmenator. She has not posted a lot of content and when she does, her suspicions tend to run counter to my own, so that is where I am most comfortable placing my vote.

vote: kilmenator
Note that he doesn't actually explain what these suspicions of his are, to which Kilm's suspicions run counter. This looks to me like he's looking for an excuse to vote Kilm.

The next three posts contain FOS on three different people: Nanook, IH, inHim. Keeps vote on Kilm, claiming her behaviour in this game is OOC.

Then loads of arguments with IH, which I'd actually agree with OTM on, it's one of my pet peeves- a pointless argument about semantics, and different people having different definitions of a concept.

Then we have the infamous unvote:
Off the Mark wrote:I thought kilm's post was good

unvote:

vote: inhimshallibe
No particular reasoning expressed as to why Kilm's post was good. To me, this looks like he was waiting for a pretext to jump off his scumbuddy onto whichever wagon looked like it was gaining steam.

Then OTM comes out with an absurdly WIFOM argument about how he couldn't possibly have come into the game and immediately began bussing his scumbuddy, even though a) surely when there isn't a wagon on your buddy is a perfect time to bus them? and b) he hardly made a convincing case against her that would cause a substantial wagon to build.
Off the Mark wrote:I have to break down a HUGE post just to say I agree with it now? Actually, I didn't agree with every single point of kilmenator's. But I thought her analysis was logical and very pro-town. The main problem I had with kilm was offering little content (compared to other games I've read). Her making a huge post of analysis, which I think is sensible analysis, is enough to make her less suspicious to me.
Well, yes, you do actually, or, you know, at least mention one specific point you found convincing.
Off the Mark wrote: Is that part you quoted supposed to be your response to post 381? I was hoping you would explain why, according your theory, I started up a bandwagon on my scumbuddy as my first action upon replacing into this game. Your theory does not match the facts here. On my read-through, kilmenator and thorgot
(and eletriar)
were the most suspicious to me. I got the PM telling me that thorgot was innocent, of course, so I voted for kilmenator. You're asking people to believe that I immediately dropped into a game that had plenty of confusion going on, and decided to bus one of my mafia buddies? Sorry, I'm not that sneaky/weird.

I'm not going to take your word for it that you're not that sneaky/weird. Your argument seemingly continues to be that it would be unlikely for scum replacing in in that situation to bus from the get-go, which I don't accept. Also, you didn't mention a suspicion of Eletriar in your first post, yet as soon as you decide you want to attack Nanook, you were suspicious of her all along.
Off the Mark wrote:Dude, I unvoted you because I decided your "I am not claiming because it would be bad for the town" strategy convinced me you probably were town after all, (mainly because I've never seen scum try that) so I didn't want you at lynch -1. And now you vote for me because of that action? This feels like some kind of weird reverse-OMGUS.
This is not a good reason. If inHim felt your reason for unvoting him was poor, he has every right to point it out.
Off the Mark wrote: I'm just trying to go by my gut here to make sure we get the best D1 lynch.
Hmmmm.

Vote: OffTheMark
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:48 am

Post by gorckat »

unVote: inHim

Quite a lot of info to take in over the weekend.

I, too, was pretty suspicious of thorgot, so the looks OTM is getting feel right to me.

I'm not sure I won't be back on inHim or not...I think he's still at -1 or -2, iirc, so I'm just backing off while I re-evaluate.

I'm waiting to see string's post and OTMs reactions today, as well as mull over the wealth of content that MBL put out in discussion with folks.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:45 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Bah, I feel like I'm getting nitpicked here. I didn't post a huge response to kilm detailing my agreements/disagreements because I post from work and don't have time to write a huge post most of the time. I will respond to all this later when I can dedicate some time, but for now let me just make a few quick points:
The Fonz wrote:Now, to when OTM himself enters. He then makes a point of going away from how his predecessor acted, as if he was stating his suspicions not because he thought they were valid or would help to catch scum, but in order to distance from his predecessor and make himself look innocent.
Well sure, it looks that way if you first assume I'm scum. But as townie, of course I'm going to distance myself from my predecessor when I agree that he looked scummy before. Like I said, I was surprised to get a "townie" PM as thorgot. I stated my suspicions because that's what you do in this game. Should I have started off by defending thorgot's actions? I'm not him, so that's hard to do.
The Fonz wrote:Then OTM comes out with an absurdly WIFOM argument about how he couldn't possibly have come into the game and immediately began bussing his scumbuddy, even though a) surely when there isn't a wagon on your buddy is a perfect time to bus them?
There
was
a wagon on kilm though, but it had stalled out. My vote seemed to get it moving again. I was the 3rd or 4th vote on her, I think.
The Fonz wrote:you didn't mention a suspicion of Eletriar in your first post, yet as soon as you decide you want to attack Nanook, you were suspicious of her all along.
I was slightly suspicious of Eletriar during my read-through but not as much as thorgot and kilmenator, so I didn't mention it at that time. Do I have to disclose ALL my thoughts in every single post?
This is not a good reason. If inHim felt your reason for unvoting him was poor, he has every right to point it out.
My "reverse-OMGUS" comment was not supposed to be a reason, it was just a joke. Like, he voted for me because I
un
voted him and I thought that was humorous. Just being silly.

Gorckat's posts over the last few pages are consistently giving me scum vibes. He is just waiting to leap on the right bandwagon, it seems, without stating any opinions that others have not already stated. He's posting regularly, but trying to play it very safe.
FOS: gorckat
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:02 am

Post by gorckat »

Yeah, I'm playing it safe- I wanna nail scum over a townie. It seems like most of the action in this game happens without me around, excepting the few flurries I've had around kilm and inHim. It takes me longer to get a read on other's interactions than my own.

One possibility around the OTM/kilm connection I haven't seen mentioned is OTM being more easily persuaded by kilm's defense because he knew it to be 100% true...he voted kilm since it was easy to fit in on that dieing wagon, saw a reasonable defense likely to persuade people and then bailed.

(20 minutes later)

I was about to revote inHim, given the amazing amount of sense Das made regarding his various actions, but a re-read of inHim leads me in a circle to budding suspicions regarding Fonz.

Fonz at one point had me as his second scummiest, and most recently on his no-lynch list, even though I'd grant my recent play hasn't been outstandingly town.

(40 minutes later- chit-chat with the boss at work :p)

Right now, I'm leaning towards an inHim revote, followed by OTM and then possibly Fonz, even though no one else has expressed any desire there.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:52 am

Post by The Fonz »

Off the Mark wrote:Bah, I feel like I'm getting nitpicked here. I didn't post a huge response to kilm detailing my agreements/disagreements because I post from work and don't have time to write a huge post most of the time. I will respond to all this later when I can dedicate some time, but for now let me just make a few quick points:
I really don't like this argument. No-one's ever forced to post.
The Fonz wrote:Now, to when OTM himself enters. He then makes a point of going away from how his predecessor acted, as if he was stating his suspicions not because he thought they were valid or would help to catch scum, but in order to distance from his predecessor and make himself look innocent.
Well sure, it looks that way if you first assume I'm scum. But as townie, of course I'm going to distance myself from my predecessor when I agree that he looked scummy before. Like I said, I was surprised to get a "townie" PM as thorgot. I stated my suspicions because that's what you do in this game. Should I have started off by defending thorgot's actions? I'm not him, so that's hard to do.
Well, firstly, working out whether there's a consistent, scummy explanation for your actions isn't a bad thing. Secondly, I dont' agree that it's the obvious thing to do as townie to distance from your predecessor- the obvious thing to do as townie is to start scumhunting. It's precisely that you
didn't
really 'state your suspicions' that I find you suspicious. You seemed more concerned with 'Oh, gee whiz, don't lynch me' than with providing analysis.

The Fonz wrote:you didn't mention a suspicion of Eletriar in your first post, yet as soon as you decide you want to attack Nanook, you were suspicious of her all along.
I was slightly suspicious of Eletriar during my read-through but not as much as thorgot and kilmenator, so I didn't mention it at that time. Do I have to disclose ALL my thoughts in every single post?
Well, when replacing in, it tends to help to disclose as many as possible. The fact that you didn't express suspicion of Eletriar, then Nanook says something objectionable and, whoops, there's that suspicion of Eletriar I've had all along, doesn't sit right.
gorckat wrote:Yeah, I'm playing it safe- I wanna nail scum over a townie.
This is such a truism, I wonder why you feel the need to point it out.

Fonz at one point had me as his second scummiest, and most recently on his no-lynch list, even though I'd grant my recent play hasn't been outstandingly town.
An awful lot happened between those two points, though. A large part of my suspicion of you was based on your not really contributing anythign wrothwhile, and you responded immediately with some fairly decent (imho) analysis of inHim, pointing out apparent inconsistencies with regard to him banging on about me and pete being scumbuddies and not voting us and the 'willing to hammer two other people' bit.

There are also time issues, I think.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:59 am

Post by Off the Mark »

You seemed more concerned with 'Oh, gee whiz, don't lynch me' than with providing analysis.
Many people had thorgot at the top of their FOS list, including me, when I was reading as a third party before I got the PM. So I felt I needed to share my feelings of surprise when I took over the role so that the town could identify with that. But I agree, it doesn't really mean anything. Anyone can say, "I'm innocent!"

And I have provided quite a bit of analysis, actually, I just tend to it in a few short sentences rather than writing novels like some people. :wink:
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:00 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I had to post to unvote her. Duh.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:28 am

Post by The Fonz »

Off the Mark wrote:
I had to post to unvote her. Duh.
Why did you have to unvote her that second?
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:39 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Because I didn't want her to get lynched. (duh again?)
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:52 am

Post by The Fonz »

Off the Mark wrote:Because I didn't want her to get lynched. (duh again?)
*Rams head into brick wall*

You'd posted several times since she'd gone to L-2. She hadn't gone to L-1. So she wasn't in any more imminent danger of lynch than she'd been for a long time. So to my eyes, there was no rush to unvote her, and had you
had
a good reason for it, there was no reason you couldn't have waited until you had time to expound on it properly.
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:38 pm

Post by pete d »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Dodgy sent a threatening letter to someone claiming to be the forum administrator and saying he'd gut their cat or something. I think it's pretty clear he was on some bad acid or hopped up on Twinkies. Do you really want to attribute significance to his play?
If this is so, how can you attribute alignment to his actions when it is difficult to attribute significance to his play? I'm not just pulling out a quote to make this argument, this is pretty much how I'm seeing the situation at the moment. For me, Dodgy's behaviour is hard to judge, because there's a sense of irrationality hanging over it. CES's behaviour seems easier to judge; to me, the withdrawal of the claim made sense, and his lack of contribution was suspicious (but then, he could have had RL problems, someone said he pulled out of another game?).

MBL: Realistically, who do you think should be lynched today?
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:40 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

The Fonz wrote:
Off the Mark wrote:Because I didn't want her to get lynched. (duh again?)
*Rams head into brick wall*

You'd posted several times since she'd gone to L-2. She hadn't gone to L-1. So she wasn't in any more imminent danger of lynch than she'd been for a long time. So to my eyes, there was no rush to unvote her, and had you
had
a good reason for it, there was no reason you couldn't have waited until you had time to expound on it properly.
So you are trying to tell me that if you no longer suspect someone who is fairly close to a lynch, you would
not
unvote them unless you had time to explain your reaction to a huge post point by point? That is ludicrous. And anti-town. If your suspicions aren't there any more, you unvote. Period.

In fact, this opinion is so ridiculous, it makes me think you are needling me just to make me look bad to the rest of the town to further your own agenda.
FOS: The Fonz
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:08 pm

Post by The Fonz »

That's ludicrous. There's a huge gap between 'replying to a huge post point-by-point' and providing no worthwhile analysis whatsoever.

Let me repeat. She was at L-2. She'd been there for a long time, and no-one who wasn't already voting her was showing any particular inclination to switch to her. She wasn't in any imminent danger of lynch. Your panicky rush to unvote her, coupled with not bothering to provide any kind of reasonable explanation, makes me think you were just looking for any pretext to hop off that wagon.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:13 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Feel free to think that, but that is pretty dumb. I'll give a full response to kilm's post when I have a chance.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:51 am

Post by gorckat »

vote: inHim

Das and Pie have made good points questioning some of his actions and re-reading reaffirms my feeling that he's the best choice.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:16 am

Post by Off the Mark »

And now for a blast from the past, my analysis of kilm's post:
kilmenator wrote:Ok, so from what I can see, I am catching up from about page 9ish, it seems that most of of the posts from page 9-11 were mostly about CES and the retraction of the claim. I still stand by my opinion that CES should truly claim, because if he is outed, then it is his predecessors doing. But, since this discussion is not getting anywhere, I am willing to just let it go, but the scums are probably going to have a good time trying some WIFOM on us, if in fact CES is not killed.
I can understand where she is coming from here, but I still think we are better off to leave the CES claim retracted. Now that MBL has claimed town-but-not-doc things have gotten a little trickier. Tomorrow he needs to claim if he lives. Agree with kilm on the scum WIFOM possibilities. I don't want to discuss this too much as it may affect scum decisions.
The person I am most suspicious of right now is Pete D, followed closely by the CES. Here is why...
pete d wrote:Pretty much as per my previous post. I think you stayed out of discussion for the most part and haven't commited to anything; your posts in regard to the
CES situation seem to be trying to put pressure on whilst keeping yourself distanced
If this is the case against me, you basically just called CES scum, because I am distancing from him... and you think I am scum... that doesnt make much sense at all...
Pete has consistently pushed for me even when I answered his questions, he has also not really outlined a clear case against me, (which granted no one really has to my knowledge, other than the fact that I agreed with the fonz that I thought CES should claim..

unovte:
(if voting) and
vote: pete d
I understand her suspicion of Pete D here, but I think it is possible that Pete was simply working under the
theory
that CES was scum and I think kilm overreacted a little bit here. Pete D is the top half of my suspicion list for sure, but not enough for an
FOS
CES- DOdgy was scummy, and then the claim was retracted, and now he is just flying under the radar for the most part, most of his posts have been pretty useless and have added nothing. Also, the LAL applies here for me, because retracting a claim, pretty much means the first player lied, therefore making that person a liar.
I disagree with her here about what it means to retract a claim. Retraction means "pretend it never happened" not "I am not the doc". So we don't know yet at this point if Dodgy lied. Now that MBL is claiming not-doc, we DO know that either Dodgy or MBL has lied.

However, despite my disagreement, I understand he position and find it to be a pro-town one, given that she has interpreted the retraction as a not-doc claim.
And to defend myself...
gorckat wrote:EBWOP: That should be NK'd, not lynched.
the switch was not necessarily a switch, scum are bound to play WIFOM with us or they are going to kill CES... either way, I wasnt following the Fonz, I was stating my opinions.
Off the Mark wrote:The player who is consistently showing up on my scumdar is kilmenator. She has not posted a lot of content and when she does, her suspicions tend to run counter to my own, so that is where I am most comfortable placing my vote.

vote: kilmenator
Like I said, I ahve been busy, so my content has been down, plus I am involved in way to many games at this point, but voting me because my suspicions are not what you think, doesnt make me scum, maybe I just look at things from a different perspecitve. And who is it that I have been suspicious of that you have not thought was suspicious?
Some of this was way back in the early part of the thread, which I'm not going to dig through now, but a big part of it was the "CES must claim" argument, which I thought was pretty scummy. Now that I see how you are interpreting his retraction, I understand your position and I no longer think you are scummy because of it.
I am also suspicious of gorkat who vote hops to much and for hopping on my bandwagon without really outlining a case, or having a case outlined. The only reason I point him out and not everyone else, is because he has consistently vote hopped IMO.
Agreed 100%. But I don't think gorckat and Fonz are both scum. My suspicion list right now looks something like this:

inHim
MBL
gorckat (if gorck is scum, I think Fonz and Dasq are probably ok)
Pete D
Fonz
Dasquian (if Fonz is scum, I think it very likely Dasq is too)
IH (not sure what to think of him, I need to see more)
Nanook (been getting pro-town vibes from him lately, so he is almost off the list)
I would echo IH and ask for a case to be outlined against me, it is hard to defend yourself when you dont know what to defend against.
Good point. Before this post, her lack of analysis (which seemed OOC to me) was the main factor in her looking scummy to me. Once she started analyzing in a pro-town manner, my reason for suspecting her was gone. Still watching her, of course, but I haven't seen anything anti-town since her analysis.
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:34 pm

Post by pete d »

OfftheMark wrote:I understand her suspicion of Pete D here, but I think it is possible that Pete was simply working under the theory that CES was scum and I think kilm overreacted a little bit here.
No, I was suspicious of kilm's behaviour, and I explained this.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:58 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

nanook: 1 (mbl)
inhim: 5 (Daquian, IH, gorckat, kilm, off the mark)

MBL: 3 (Pie, superstring, nanook)
Off the mark: 2 (inhim, fonz)
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:20 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

inHim - I still don't like the fact he hasn't claimed. I like the fact he appears to be getting away with it even less. If he's town, and he gets away with not having to claim, more power to him. If he's scum, and he gets away with not having to claim, shame on us.
All I'm asking is for people to take a definitive stance on an issue (which happens to be lynching me). Those that cowered from this are the ones to note.
What worries me about inHim is that it is a bandwagon that has gone to -1 under a deadline, and it feels like we've simply been distracted away from it. Really, inHim should be the talking point and we should either lynch him for not claiming, lynch him for a crap claim, or accept a claim and move on. In addition, I don't see a good alternative lynch at this point - OtM said some odd things recently but for the most part stood out as making good logical contributions. Kilmenator or superstring I could be persuaded to, but the point stands - why are we backing off of inHim?
First of all, logical contributions != pro-Town. I'm much more of the mind that logical contributions that are kept consistent = pro-Town, and even then it's easy for scum to skate by on thin consistencies.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:54 am

Post by Dasquian »

True, but they're logical contributions that I agreed with :) Yes, that's a form of reverse-OMGUS, which I'm well aware of, but it still means I don't see him as particularly scummy right now when he's mostly saying sensible stuff I agree with.

At what point will you consider claiming? If we don't lynch you, we will still need time to properly pressure someone else, so dragging it out longer than necessary would be anti-town.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:05 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

If we don't lynch you, we will still need time to properly pressure someone else, so dragging it out longer than necessary would be anti-town.
True enough.

I really don't want to claim at all Today. I haven't thought about claiming in later Days. If this happens again Tomorrow, I'll probably claim so the Town can just get this issue out of their way; I'm sticking with my mission for Today, at least.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:44 am

Post by Pie_is_good »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Please tell me what you'll learn if I claim vanilla. Then tell me what you'll learn if I claim doc. Then tell me what you'll learn if I claim cop. In detail, preferably, as there's "much, much" to be learned.
MBL, do you really expect me to tell you exactly how scummy I would find each potential claim? That would defeat the purpose. But I can tell you that enough discussion has centered around your claim and unclaim that an analysis of what roles you could have would not be difficult.
MBL wrote:Here's my quote, please outline very specifically where you see it as oversure and where you see my conclusions significantly deviating from an application of common sense.
MrBuddyLee, Emphasis by Pie wrote:
Dodgy wouldn't have claimed as scum.
It's extremely unlikely that he was this mad at a scumpartner for harrassing him, correct?
So if he was scum with town harrassing him he'd want to screw over town with his claim.
But by claiming doc he would have put himself and his scumteam in an awkward position and wouldn't hurt the town at all via his action. Fonz, if you're town you should have recognized this.
So yeah, Dodgy was town pissed off at someone whose alignment he did not know, and he claimed something to shut them the hell up because he was pissed at them.
Bolded phrases are the ones I took issue with. On your first post in from replacing, you're not qualified to make definitive statements like those.
MBL wrote:It appears to me you're tilting at windmills, and possibly as a dilatory tactic.
I got tired of the "yes-he-is, no-he's-not" standstill with regards to InHim. Rather than defend inHim, I went after who I feel to be the best target. What's wrong with that?
Dasquian wrote:MBL vs Pie - pie's tenacity is admirable but a waste of time. The numbers aren't there, he's not going to get lynched or forced to claim, move on, we have a deadline.
Any debate with MBL is, obviously, for the benefit of the observers - I'm not going to convince MBL that he's scum. If observers (read: you) are just going to ignore it all, frankly, you're the one wasting our time.
I am a stand-up dude of genuine flyness.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:55 am

Post by Pie_is_good »

gorckat wrote:
vote: inHim

Das and Pie have made good points questioning some of his actions and re-reading reaffirms my feeling that he's the best choice.
For my own analysis, do you mind specifying specifically which points you agreed with? I always get a bit suspicious when people say "Oh, yeah, I agree with those points that guy made a few pages ago. Vote: Somebody."
inHimshallibe wrote:All I'm asking is for people to take a definitive stance on an issue (which happens to be lynching me). Those that cowered from this are the ones to note.
Fair enough.
Definitive Stance: inHim is the wrong lynch today, because MBL is a better target. This could change contingent upon people claiming.

As for suspicion listage, I'm finding Gorckat, MBL, and OTM at the top of my list. Fonz and Nanook seem fairly protown to me.
I am a stand-up dude of genuine flyness.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:21 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Pie wrote:Bolded phrases are the ones I took issue with. On your first post in from replacing, you're not qualified to make definitive statements like those.
I can add 3 probablys to that and it reads less definitive. Can you pretend I did that in the first place and we'll move on? This is silly, really. i mean, it's not that tough to read 8-10 short posts from an old-timer and get a feel for why they flipped out, especially if you know their alignment.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”