Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:11 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Can we please have thok prodded and/or replaced if need be.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:15 pm

Post by Thok »

Roll eyes.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:30 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Your last post was 11 days ago. How is that roll eye worthy?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:33 pm

Post by Thok »

Thestatusquo wrote:Your last post was 11 days ago. How is that roll eye worthy?
The fact that you chose to devote a post solely to prodding me is roll eyes worthy.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:07 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Why?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:31 pm

Post by Thok »

If you are trying to increase activity in the thread, then you also would have considered prodding

TSS (last post Sunday)
Sarcastro (last post Sunday)
HackerHuck (last post Sunday)

You also would have said things like "We need more activity in this thread", or given more reasons why you want to lynch whoever you want to lynch.
-------------------------
If you were trying to actually put pressure on me, you might do things like move a vote or FOS onto me, perhaps with some additional reasoning.
-------------------------
So, the roll eyes is really a "what the hell are you trying to accomplish with a mere prod/replacement request"?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:37 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Um...You are being MORE than a little over defensive.

All four of those people posted a mere 4 days ago, whereas you posted 11. Thats not even close. Those people have all commented on recent goings on. You have not.

Why would I say we needed more activity in the thread when what I wanted to do was get you posting. My object was not to pressure you, but to get uyou posting. Obviously, I have done that, although the fact that you have gone on a multiple post rant instead of saying something like "oops forgot the thread, heres what I think." is speaking volumes to me right now.

I think you're trying to not have to comment on HH's post. So MAJOR
FOSthok
for that.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:48 pm

Post by Thok »

I think people need to learn what "over-defensive" means. It means being excessively defensive, as opposed to "pointing out what others are doing".
Thestatusquo wrote:Why would I say we needed more activity in the thread when what I wanted to do was get you posting.
Gee, then maybe you would have said "I'd like to see more posting from Thok", or asked me questions about what you'd like me to discuss. I don't read minds.

(Taking a quick look at HH's post)

Explain to me why HH's post is so bad. Even by standards of this game, Bogre was an excessive lurker. I could see that in the absence of any additional info, or if one felt that most of the other people in the game were protown, that you would be a better than average lynch for that reason alone.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:00 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Thok: You're being thick. Over defensive means you are responding to a point in a manner which is completely blowing out of proportion the original post. I asked you to be PRODDED. That is not an attack, nor is it an abnormal course of action for someone to take regarding someone who has not posted in 11 days. The fact that you have went on a multiple post tirade about the fact that I asked you to be prodded when it was PERFECTLY justified is not only just about the MOST over defensive thing I have seen on MS, but it is also fairly absurd.

Second...What the hell? Thok, that's not what his post says AT ALL. His post says "I have no reason to think TSQ is scum, but he should be lynched because I have difficulty getting a read on him."

Yes, it would be true that if there were little to go on, it might be a good thing to base a wagon on, but that is NOT TRUE of this scenario. This is DAY 7, and there are 61 fucking pages of information.

Yes, it would be true that if there were reasons to suspect everyone else were town, it would not be a bad basis for a lynch, BUT THAT IS NOT TRUE EITHER. There is a legitimate ammount of suspicion on at least 4 people.

Just because you can bring up a scenario where what he said might be a good idea, does not mean that it IS CURRENTLY. In endgame, with 4 people alive and 1 scum, I could say it is a good idea to no lynch, and that is correct, but if someone were to uggest it today, it would be highly suspect.

Furthermore, it is not so much WHAT he suggested even, as HOW he said it. He warned the town about the dire situation, and said that a misslynch would put the town at LOL. HE THEN SUGGESTED THE TOWN LYNCH SOMEONE THAT HE COULD NOT BE ANY BETTER THAN 50-50 ON. Since scum represents 2/7 of town (assumable from setup) firing blindly has a MUCH higher chance of losing the town the game than it does of winning the game. The fact that he warned the town of a misslynch, and then suggested a strategy which is more likely to bring about one than not is not only dumb, but is highly scummy.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:14 pm

Post by Thok »

My original post "Roll Eyes" was clearly not a massive rant. Nor was my second, one sentence reply.

As for my comment about HH's thing, did you miss the whole "Bogre was an excessive lurker even by standards of this game"? It's clear that HH's concern was not simply because of your behavior, but because Bogre has a grand total of 11 posts in the first 56 pages on this game. He's not said "I have no reason to think TSQ is scum", but rather "I have no ability to figure out what's going on with a massive question mark in the game".

Moreover, your response to HH is essentially a disguised "overdefensive" version of OMGUS.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:22 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Heh....

Several things:

1) Dropping the prod argument. Its superfluous, and the town can read into it what they will at this point.

2) 11 posts in 56 pages in NOT a mark of being scummy, it is a mark of needing replacement. SORELY. I have NEVER seen scum lurk that badly on purpose. If you could post me an example of when they did, I would be happy to entertain the possibility that painting a target on ones chest is a scum tell.

3) An attack on a player that is attacking you is OMGUS in one and only one circumstance, and that is where you vote them for finding you suspicious. Or more simply, Vote them or FOS them BECAUSE they voted or FOSed you. It is reactionary voting.

Happening to vote for a person who wants you lynched is NOT OMGUS if their reasoning, and motives appear to be scummy. To say that I am being OMGUSy about HHs suggestion which gives the town a MUCH higher % chance to lose the game than win is just being silly.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:29 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

interesting...
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:25 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Cool. Can we lynch HH now?
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:28 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Of sarc, that's expected, but I expect more of you than "interesting," Jeff.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:10 am

Post by Toaster Strudel »

Overwhelming gut feeling TSQ is town.

Getting "nervous scum" vibes from Thok, who is trying to keep his cool, but not very well.

That's how I see things.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:10 am

Still happy with my STD vote.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Cardinal Ibelly
Cardinal Ibelly
Goon
Cardinal Ibelly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:36 am

Post by Cardinal Ibelly »

The Official "Blame Canada!" Vote Count!

HackerHuck – 2 – Sarcastro, TheStatusQuo
Save the Dragons – 2 – Toaster Strudel, the silent speaker

With
alive, it takes
to lynch!

Not Voting – 3 – HackerHuck, Save The Dragons, Thok

petroleumjelly (me!) will be on vacation in Canada until next weekend. Zindaras will serve as the Back-Up mod until I return. If there are any errors, you can -- of course -- blame Canada.
Cardinal Ibelly says:

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3983]Replace into Royal Family Mafia Today![/url]
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:31 pm

Don't go to Canada without visiting me! I am having a party with DrippingGoofball, bertrand, and Penguins of the Serengeti - all the time.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:41 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Thok, what are your thoughts on Sarc and STD?
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:47 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Well, I can see why TSQ is concerned, but I think you're overreacting to my post.

I am still liking TSS right now, but I wanted to point out the fact that we could go into endgame with TSQ and for me, I don't think he's done anything scummy, but I also don't have a town feeling from him either. I haven't been in a situation like this where there isn't good information to go on, so I wanted to know what other people thought - i.e. discussion point. There's obviously a lot of risk to make a pre-emptive lynch on someone who isn't giving off scum vibes and I wanted to point that out as well.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:16 am

the silent speaker wrote:Thok, what are your thoughts on Sarc and STD?
::goodposting::
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:17 am

Still putting the pieces together...sorry for my lack of contribution as of late...
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:17 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Std, you ignored me, friend.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:14 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Thok... Oh Thoooook....
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:31 pm

Post by Thok »

Whatever.

Doing some rereading I'd prefer a Sarcastro lynch to a STD lynch, assuming that I was given only those two choices. Sarcastro has contributed little (except to say "let's lynch X or Y because I say they are scum"), PBug 's posts are weird, as are Nightson's. Both of the first two make comments about Ether that I want to think a bit about, given that I'm not fond of TS/Ether. (PBug appeals to Ether to get a vote on Jack, Nightson does an "Ether is tricksy" comment, which might be puffing up of her. Standard PBug is scummy in every game he play caveat applys to the first comment.)

From STD I get a "trying to figure out what's going on" vibe, as opposed to the "lets bandwagon for not particularly well explained mystical voodoo reasons" vibe I get from almost everybody else. I consider this a strong point in favor of him.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”