Mini 459 - /cows Mafia - GAME OVER, YAY!

Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:25 pm

Post by Atticus »

SB wrote:Trying to stay calm while you are being attacked is scummy. Most townies start panicking and shit when they are close to a lynch and they argue really hard against the people attacking them, because they assume the argument must be wrong since the conclusion is wrong. Freaking out is usually a townie tell, but it varies from person to person.
I am not trying to stay calm. I am calm. Because as town, I have nothing to lose by my death. If I am lynched, the town ( as far as I can see ) gets alot of information. I don't need to panic, (or shit) because I'm not in a bad position.
I'm making a judgement call on the sort of player I think he is and decided that I think it's scummy. It doesn't matter if this doesn't convince anybody else, because there are plenty of reasons to find him scummy. If you don't like that one for some reason, pick another.
Believe it or not, that one point does matter. If you're points aren't aligning correctly, shouldn't that mean that there is a flaw in your logic?
Jordan" wrote:Town should be prepared to make cases against anyone they feel to be scum, saying that you think doing so because it would distract the town sounds to me like you just want to quicklynch a convenient target.
As much as I am frustrated at spambot right now, I have to say, "This is a complete misrepresentation." He has made several points about other people, it's just clear that I am the most suspicious to him.

___

Anyway, I'm going now, read all. Hold all my calls.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:26 pm

Post by Atticus »

Jeez, I need to start Previewing.
Jordan wrote:Town should be prepared to make cases against anyone they feel to be scum, saying that you think doing so because it would distract the town sounds to me like you just want to quicklynch a convenient target.

there, sorry, fixed.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:21 pm

Post by Spambot »

Atticus wrote:I am not trying to stay calm. I am calm. Because as town, I have nothing to lose by my death. If I am lynched, the town ( as far as I can see ) gets alot of information. I don't need to panic, (or shit) because I'm not in a bad position.
I disagre with this so absolutely that it occurs to me that we might just think about the game completely differently. If you are town, then WE DO have something to lose by your death: a townie. Seriously now, you should abosolutely be trying your hardest to prevent a mislynch, because that is in the best interest of the town. We don't want to mislynch, we want to kill scum. By not fighting for that, you are being extremely anti-town.
Believe it or not, that one point does matter. If you're points aren't aligning correctly, shouldn't that mean that there is a flaw in your logic?
I don't really get what you mean. I think the behavior is scummy, but I am saying that I can understand if people don't agree. If we all sat down and listed all of the things we consider scummy, we would probably disagree a lot, which is just part of the game. If everybody agreed about what was scummy and not, then this game would be pretty easy.

People had started to misrep me, saying that my only point against you was that you are acting so calm. That is not true, it's only one of many, and to dismiss my entire case against you because they don't like one part is foolish.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:23 pm

Post by Spambot »

xyzzy wrote:Atticus, Spambot, and ThAdmiral are scum. If there's an SK, it's Occult. If this isn't obvious to you, you are 1)Atticus, Spambot, ThAdmiral, or Occult or 2) dumb.
Why should it be obvious to everybody else? This implies that you have some sort of concrete logic to back this up, and I think it'd a good idea for you to provide it.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:55 pm

Post by yellowbounder »

Panzerjager replaces Black-Moon.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:38 pm

Post by JordanA24 »

Spambot wrote:
xyzzy wrote:Atticus, Spambot, and ThAdmiral are scum. If there's an SK, it's Occult. If this isn't obvious to you, you are 1)Atticus, Spambot, ThAdmiral, or Occult or 2) dumb.
Why should it be obvious to everybody else? This implies that you have some sort of concrete logic to back this up, and I think it'd a good idea for you to provide it.
Role-fish much?
Confirm Vote: Spambot
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:02 pm

Post by Spambot »

JordanA24 wrote:
Spambot wrote:
Role-fish much?
Confirm Vote: Spambot
Yeah, I'm asking if he is the 3-shot day cop. DERF. It's pretty clear that I'm asking him to make a case if it's so "obvious" who is scum, and this is the second time you've misrepresented me.

Are you even going to respond to how I refuted your entire case against me?
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:19 pm

Post by Hjallti »

I find it hard to see the real arguments throught the fighting of each other lately.

At least this I want to share with you all.

First of all I don't think SpamBot's ploy itself* was scummy. I think that if I would consider such a ploys I would even plan it ahead of knowing my role. It was a very good thing that we could revert from the chat about maths to the game it self. In my opinion it broke the game open. I will have some time in the near future to read through everything again and analyse more.

*I use itself here neutral: I don't imply whether other posts were scummy, since I want to look through them when I have more time.
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:59 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Fine SB, you might have been trying to catch out townies while you were "testing for reaction", what reactions would you expect from doing that except "Geez, what an idiot this guy is, he needs replacing now". Especially when you say someone is scum/town with no explaination whatsoever.

I say again, town should be prepared to make cases against anyone they think is scum regardless of whether or not you think someone else deserves to be lynched, "It might distract people from lynching Atticus" is a horrible reason for not making cases against others, anybody who might be scum should be lynched, not just the most obvious one.

Also I'd appreciate it if you stopped calling me things like CONE or DERF, it's stupid, childish and making me dislike you more and more with each post you make.

Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:06 am

Post by Spambot »

JordanA24 wrote:Fine SB, you might have been trying to catch out townies while you were "testing for reaction", what reactions would you expect from doing that except "Geez, what an idiot this guy is, he needs replacing now". Especially when you say someone is scum/town with no explaination whatsoever.
Well, a couple people started speculating on my role. A couple wanted me to die, but most people were confused and demanded my immediate replacement. I was setting myself up as an easy mislynch from that, and I wanted to see who bit. It turned out that nobody went really hard after it, so I dropped it. It's nice that you are attacking me for something that happened a week ago. Why are you suddenly suspicious of it if you weren't then?
I say again, town should be prepared to make cases against anyone they think is scum regardless of whether or not you think someone else deserves to be lynched, "It might distract people from lynching Atticus" is a horrible reason for not making cases against others, anybody who might be scum should be lynched, not just the most obvious one.
I am prepared to make arguments against the people I find scummy, cone. It's not a horrible reason. Look, if I make awesome cases against two people, one I'm sure is scum and one I think is maybe scum, then what happens if I convince half the town that each is scum? I think Atticus is the most likely scum right now, and that making a huge case is going to be a distraction or ignored. I can make a case tomorrow and who I think is next most likely to be scum, when we will all have better information.
Also I'd appreciate it if you stopped calling me things like CONE or DERF, it's stupid, childish and making me dislike you more and more with each post you make.
So, you ask me to stop making fun of you by saying I'm acting stupid and childish? You have all but directly called me an idiot who is terrible at mafia and that the stuff I did earlier was stupid, but we can still be internet BFFs, right? DERFDERFDERF

:D
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:33 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Spambot wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:Fine SB, you might have been trying to catch out townies while you were "testing for reaction", what reactions would you expect from doing that except "Geez, what an idiot this guy is, he needs replacing now". Especially when you say someone is scum/town with no explaination whatsoever.
Well, a couple people started speculating on my role. A couple wanted me to die, but most people were confused and demanded my immediate replacement. I was setting myself up as an easy mislynch from that, and I wanted to see who bit. It turned out that nobody went really hard after it, so I dropped it. It's nice that you are attacking me for something that happened a week ago. Why are you suddenly suspicious of it if you weren't then?
I thought about it being suspicious before, and when I reread, it was definatly scummy.
Spambot wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:I say again, town should be prepared to make cases against anyone they think is scum regardless of whether or not you think someone else deserves to be lynched, "It might distract people from lynching Atticus" is a horrible reason for not making cases against others, anybody who might be scum should be lynched, not just the most obvious one.
I am prepared to make arguments against the people I find scummy, cone. It's not a horrible reason. Look, if I make awesome cases against two people, one I'm sure is scum and one I think is maybe scum, then what happens if I convince half the town that each is scum? I think Atticus is the most likely scum right now, and that making a huge case is going to be a distraction or ignored. I can make a case tomorrow and who I think is next most likely to be scum, when we will all have better information.
WTF? People don't just rely on your cases for their opinions, they have their own brains as well, if people think Atticus is scummy, they'll vote for him, if people think someone else is scummy, they'll vote for that person, you aren't God, deal with it. I'll say it one more time MAKING CASES AGAINST ONLY ONE PERSON IS POOR TOWN PLAY, YOU SHOULD LEARN TO OPEN YOUR MIND A BIT.
Spambot wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:Also I'd appreciate it if you stopped calling me things like CONE or DERF, it's stupid, childish and making me dislike you more and more with each post you make.
So, you ask me to stop making fun of you by saying I'm acting stupid and childish? You have all but directly called me an idiot who is terrible at mafia and that the stuff I did earlier was stupid, but we can still be internet BFFs, right? DERFDERFDERF

:D
If I posted what I wanted to here, I'd probably get modkilled for flaming, all I'm going to say instead is that you are one of the biggest morons I've ever had the misfortune to come across. I'm not calling you terrible at mafia and I wasn't calling you an idiot, (though I can safely call you that now, since you obviously are), I was saying that you obviously got a scum role. You meanwhile were just being completely insulting for no reason.

Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:58 am

Post by Spambot »

JordanA24 wrote:I thought about it being suspicious before, and when I reread, it was definatly scummy.
Why is it scummy? I mean, you laid out your case and I responded. Do you have a problem with any of my responses or do you have something new? Otherwise I'm not going to take it seriously when you generalize and make blanket statements without backing them up at all.
WTF? People don't just rely on your cases for their opinions, they have their own brains as well, if people think Atticus is scummy, they'll vote for him, if people think someone else is scummy, they'll vote for that person, you aren't God, deal with it. I'll say it one more time MAKING CASES AGAINST ONLY ONE PERSON IS POOR TOWN PLAY, YOU SHOULD LEARN TO OPEN YOUR MIND A BIT.
Doing what I say is conducive to winning. I mean, do you honestly think I'm scum and just making shit up because I can't make a case? Like, if I made three cases right now, would that suddenly make everything hunky dory? I can use caps too: BACK SHIT UP.
If I posted what I wanted to here, I'd probably get modkilled for flaming, all I'm going to say instead is that you are one of the biggest morons I've ever had the misfortune to come across. I'm not calling you terrible at mafia and I wasn't calling you an idiot, (though I can safely call you that now, since you obviously are), I was saying that you obviously got a scum role. You meanwhile were just being completely insulting for no reason.
OBVIOUSLY. :lol:

You should PM me that after the game or something - I think it's funny how wound up you are over nothing.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:16 am

Post by Spambot »

I fixed your quote tags for you. :o
JordanA24 wrote:
Spambot wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:I thought about it being suspicious before, and when I reread, it was definatly scummy.
Why is it scummy? I mean, you laid out your case and I responded. Do you have a problem with any of my responses or do you have something new? Otherwise I'm not going to take it seriously when you generalize and make blanket statements without backing them up at all.
It obviously isn't going to get scummy reactions, just "Get this guy replaced", I think you were just trying to catch out a town player.[qupte]

You did not read the part you are quoting. If somebody asks you to make an argument for something, saying "lol this is the obvious answer" is not how you do it.
JordanA24 wrote:
Spambot wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:WTF? People don't just rely on your cases for their opinions, they have their own brains as well, if people think Atticus is scummy, they'll vote for him, if people think someone else is scummy, they'll vote for that person, you aren't God, deal with it. I'll say it one more time MAKING CASES AGAINST ONLY ONE PERSON IS POOR TOWN PLAY, YOU SHOULD LEARN TO OPEN YOUR MIND A BIT.
Doing what I say is conducive to winning. I mean, do you honestly think I'm scum and just making shit up because I can't make a case? Like, if I made three cases right now, would that suddenly make everything hunky dory? I can use caps too: BACK SHIT UP.
How is it conductive to winning, look, I learnt the hard way, constantly going after one person gets you lynched, OK, make cases against them.

What?
JordanA24 wrote:
Spambot wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:If I posted what I wanted to here, I'd probably get modkilled for flaming, all I'm going to say instead is that you are one of the biggest morons I've ever had the misfortune to come across. I'm not calling you terrible at mafia and I wasn't calling you an idiot, (though I can safely call you that now, since you obviously are), I was saying that you obviously got a scum role. You meanwhile were just being completely insulting for no reason.
OBVIOUSLY. :lol:

You should PM me that after the game or something - I think it's funny how wound up you are over nothing.
Like the new sig cone? Look, I can be insulting too.
I do not think you ever know what cone means. Now who is acting childish? You did give me an idea for a sig, though.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:16 am

Post by Spambot »

EBWOP: No I didn't. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:18 am

Post by Spambot »

Ok, now it's readable at least. :oops:
JordanA24 wrote:It obviously isn't going to get scummy reactions, just "Get this guy replaced", I think you were just trying to catch out a town player.
You did not read the part you are quoting. If somebody asks you to make an argument for something, saying "lol this is the obvious answer" is not how you do it.
JordanA24 wrote:How is it conductive to winning, look, I learnt the hard way, constantly going after one person gets you lynched, OK, make cases against them.
What?
JordanA24 wrote:Like the new sig cone? Look, I can be insulting too.
I do not think you ever know what cone means. Now who is acting childish? You did give me an idea for a sig, though.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:19 am

Post by JordanA24 »

You fail at quote tags. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:20 am

Post by Spambot »

JordanA24 wrote:You fail at quote tags. :lol: :lol: :lol:
At least I don't take insults over the intarnet for seriously. :P
Spambot - Bringing others down to his level since 2007.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:21 am

Post by JordanA24 »

I want you to make cases against the others you find scummy.

JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:22 am

Post by JordanA24 »

You fail at spelling too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:27 am

Post by Spambot »

JordanA24 wrote:You fail at spelling too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No, no, no, teh intarnet is wut we call it fer the cones.
Spambot - Bringing others down to his level since 2007.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:30 am

Post by JordanA24 »

No, it's how morons like you spell it.

Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:31 am

Post by Atticus »

JordanA24 wrote:I want you to make cases against the others you find scummy.
Why? I mean,
I'd
be perfectly happy with him changing to another person, but why do you insist on him changing?
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:49 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Atticus wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:I want you to make cases against the others you find scummy.
Why? I mean,
I'd
be perfectly happy with him changing to another person, but why do you insist on him changing?
I'm not insisting he changes vote or his focus, I just want him to make a case against the other players he finds scummy.

Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:54 am

Post by Occult »

Why don't you two girls stop bitching at each other for a little bit so we can sort things out.

Xyzzy, are your accusations, gut accusations or do you have other reasons for your votes?
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:46 am

Post by xyzzy »

Scummy people act especially scummy.

I accuse people who are acting scummy.

Occasionally, nonscummy people act especially scummy.

If I accuse all especially scummy-acting people, I'll accuse all the scummy people, and a few unscummy people.

Hence, the best scumhunting method is to throw crap at passersby and see which ones attribute it to "Oh, he's only a monkey at the zoo, it's okay for him to throw crap at people" (the townspeople) and which ones start off on "oh he's throwing crap at me, vote vote vote!" (the scum).

You strike me as being the first, luckily.

(Of course, if we threw /cows at them, we'd be Frenchmen.)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”