Micro 407: Jurassic Park Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2500 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:13 am

Post by fferyllt »

Your retraction of your claim was what did it for me because it killed the possibility that Scripten was scum due to setup.

And I'd wrestled with that possibility overnight pretty hard, mostly because he and Mathdino were trying to push me different directions regarding my watch-target.

I thought that the scum of either of you two would prefer a lylo without a VT so that it was a question of which PR mix was more likely for AA9 to design.

Finding a recent AA9 micro where she'd gone PR-heavy and put both a watcher and a tracker worried me. So did seeing how those elements of the game design didn't get fully exercised as that game played out.

But, your claim retraction made it either a game where I was the only town PR, or it was a watcher/neighborizer setup. The only real problem with that setup from a balance perspective was that neighborizer was confirmable.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2501 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:15 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Scum pt is now made public!!
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2502 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:16 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Feedback are welcome abt setup speculation
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2503 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:37 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 2495, Pine wrote:Meh. Just read the dead thread and Beck wasn't as ranty as AA9's PM led me to believe.

This. After neighborizing him and playing the rest of the game, I got into a sort of groove with his playstyle. It doesn't mesh with mine as easily as other players', but he came across as hardcore town.

Also, talking to Beck in the hood really illustrated the differences between his playstyle and his personality, so out-of-game I'm glad I picked him.

In post 2495, Pine wrote:
-"I am not a tracker" was a genuine, honest-to-God scumslip. I mixed up which claim I'd gone with. I was initially going to go with Watcher, but realized at the last minute that it was too easy to disprove. I'm super proud that I managed to successfully recover from it

I knew it!

-Framing Mathdino as my buddy was not part of the plan...until he accused me of it. Then it was

This was actually your downfall, IMO. You went after every single other player, even though you were so sure of BBT being scum. If you'd only stuck with one of us, it might have worked a little better, but I understand why you didn't.

-I didn't give up on D4. The no kill was calculated. If I'd killed Mathdino, I was concerned that my only lifeline (ffery) might catch me in the act and end it without any room for negotiation. With a 4-person MYLO, everyone had to be unanimous, and I had a toehold to forestall it

We actually reasoned this out in the hood. Math and I spent most of D3/N3 just coming up with the various circumstances that were possible and hypothesizing on them. I think it saved us a couple of times.

AA9:
Can we share the hood PT? I feel like it's only fair to Pine and BBT.

-I really did make up every aspect of the Tracker fakeclaim. AA9 supplied none of it

I believed you, actually. I just try to put people off-balance when I know I'm unaligned with them. Also, I'm actually curious, since your play seems similar to mine in a few ways. Do you feign offense at people as part of your play or was that all genuine?

I do the former, so if I was actually being a dick, I apologize and would like to say that it was all in-game posturing. :P

In post 2498, Pine wrote:
This was a shitty scumgame for me (I usually do really well, recent examples notwithstanding) but very fun. I liked the elements of paranoia and doubt in D3

Having played scum with BBT before, I kept seeing little things between you guys that set off red flags. I kind of wish they were more quantifiable, since I can get a feel for where BBT's alignment is but I can't make it explicit to other players. I actually had a much stronger scumread than I ever let on, but I was paranoid enough about Math that until BBT flipped, I couldn't choose between them. Since it was down to you or me, I just kept on your case.

Also, a few notes:
- I honestly think that Mathdino's gambits paid off during D3, but my jaw dropped when I saw what he'd done. (Also, I was online for a few things that I said I wasn't. I just didn't want to post until other reactions were out there.)
- I picked Beck for a couple of reasons: 1) He just wasn't going to be NK'd. There were at least two or three townier players to go first. 2) His reversal on his read on me would be the most blatant and, even though he couldn't confirm my alignment, I trusted him to be honest about the likelihood of my being scum.
- I tried my damnedest to make myself out to be a BP, and it almost backfired I see. Still, I'm glad I did so.

Any thoughts on my play, peeps? I'm especially curious about my play regarding my role.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2504 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:49 am

Post by Pine »

I do feign offense, but this time it was mostly genuine. I was a little miffed at the repeatedly-pushed notion that I could not possibly have invented that flavor on my own. I really did, and I didn't even have to do research to do it. On the first day of kindergarten, I told my teacher I wanted to be a paleontologist when I grew up. Allegedly, my teacher called home to ask why a five-year-old was using polysyllabic words in correct context
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2505 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:02 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Neighbor hood PT is now made public!!!

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=59580
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2506 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:03 am

Post by Beck »

In post 2503, Scripten wrote:Any thoughts on my play, peeps? I'm especially curious about my play regarding my role.

your play was fine until you went into lurk mode
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2507 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:30 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 2506, Beck wrote:
In post 2503, Scripten wrote:Any thoughts on my play, peeps? I'm especially curious about my play regarding my role.

your play was fine until you went into lurk mode

I actually had no idea I was even lurking until I looked at post counts. I guess I'm just quieter during LyLo than I should be.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2508 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:30 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 2495, Pine wrote:-Framing Mathdino as my buddy was not part of the plan...until he accused me of it. Then it was

LOL
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2509 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:33 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 2504, Pine wrote:I do feign offense, but this time it was mostly genuine. I was a little miffed at the repeatedly-pushed notion that I could not possibly have invented that flavor on my own. I really did, and I didn't even have to do research to do it. On the first day of kindergarten, I told my teacher I wanted to be a paleontologist when I grew up. Allegedly, my teacher called home to ask why a five-year-old was using polysyllabic words in correct context

bro, my username comes from a really really old password I used to use that was a combination of the 2 subjects I liked most at the time :P

Regardless, the fact of the matter is, VT-Rex makes no sense and that's what I mean rather than you being unable to fakeclaim.
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2510 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:04 am

Post by insanity018 »

In post 2477, Mathdino wrote:
So yeah. Sorry for any heart attacks.

*grumble grumble*

GG town! Even though it was extremely stressful watching
some
of you.

Congrats to Pine for dragging it out and nearly confusing everyone at the end of the game.

Thanks very much for modding ArcAngel! And I loved that tribute video! <3
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2511 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:09 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

You all should join my next game. :) Its a butt kicking theme...

I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2512 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:23 am

Post by Pine »

Flattered at all the praise, but it was only an uphill battle because I'd already screwed up repeatedly

Well, not 'only,' that doesn't give proper credit to Town's good scumhunting/Townhunting

PE: ArcAngel, I'll take a pre/in for that

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2513 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:44 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Sure Pine. I am working on the game Setup at this moment. This is going to be a large theme game :)
I am very excited for this!!!
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2514 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:37 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

I am not really an expert at this but I wanted to share my views about everyone's play.
Firstly, the game was very exciting since the day 1 and thank you everyone for make it very exciting. I read every single letter, ward and sentence of this game. :)

Over all Town played a very good game and they well deserved this victory!! Congrats Town!!

Grib - I give him complete credit for nailing down BBT on day1. I was truly surprised by his point of view about him and I was so sure he would get him lynched but Grib reduced his activity at the end of day1 which worked negative in his reads

Beck - An excellent player I must say. If he once make his mind about someone, there is no go back for him. In most cases, this kind of play works very well for town. And this is the reason why he was chosen to be killed because Scum team thought it will be hard to convince beck over anyone.

fferyllt - I always been fan of her play and am so happy she accepted my request and joined this game. No one could have been better replacement than her

BBT - He played a week game at the beginning but somehow managed to survive till D3. He has great potential to be a great scummer. The only mistake he did was bussing pine (vice versa) on D3 which gave an opportunity for Mathdino to play his gambit. Otherwise, Mathdino was no near to clear out fferyllt easily

Pine - An excellent scum player but few slips. Although he managed to cover them up but he has this amazing skill to develop stories that fit right into the subject. He is an awesome scum player with a right partner

Mathdino - Definitely a smart player but the Gambits was a risky move. Gambit are like lottery, you could have lost the game if you had tired that with Pine.

Insanity - Sorry that you had very little life in this game but you were someone the universal town read and that's why the scum killed you on Night1. Would like to see more of your play, hopefully soon!!!

Scripten - Right moves at right time.. That's the statement that fits him very well. there is more than one right choice he made and survived till the end. Claim at the right time, Neighboring Beck at the right time were the key moves for his survival. Mafia just didn't want to touch at all due to this.

Over all. Thank you all and GG!!!!
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2515 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:47 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 2514, ArcAngel9 wrote:Pine - An excellent scum player but few slips. Although he managed to cover them up but he has this amazing skill to develop stories that fit right into the subject. He is an awesome scum player with a right partner

Totally agree, I believed a great deal of his stories WHILE thinking he was scum. The comeback from "I'm not a tracker" was great.

On insanity, uh :shifty:
while I totally would've killed her as scum due to everyone ELSE townreading her, I was hugely paranoid of her being that kind of player that you townread at the beginning for hitting all the right town notes (active but not too active, reasonable/diplomatic, driving her reads forward) but ends up biting you in the ass later on since her lack of overactivity meant her influence on the game besides being townread was relatively minimal, so nothing would be traced back to her.
Also the fact that I couldn't draw any associations with her and any other players was creeping me out. Figured she might've been just letting {Scripten, Beck, Grib, Pine, BBT} just duke it out and let town fall apart.

On a sidenote, I wish nailing the
flavour
of the entire scumteam counted for anything xD
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2516 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:54 pm

Post by fferyllt »

oh that reminds me! when I saw the huge flavor foofooraw at the start of the game when I replaced in, I wondered if I was a flavor miller!

Idic
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2517 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:01 pm

Post by Mathdino »

@AA9:
Why was N2 extended?

@Pine:
Why didn't you just self hammer?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2518 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:03 pm

Post by Pine »

I still felt I had a chance to convince ffery and force a standoff, and eventually convince you

I don't give up

N2 was extended because AA9 missed a PM from Scripten adding ffery to the Neighborhood

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2519 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 2517, Mathdino wrote:
@AA9:
Why was N2 extended?

That was because of me! :D

AA9 needed to give me and Fferyllt time during night to talk in the hood.

PEDIT: Nvm Pine got it first.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2520 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:05 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I think AA9 already said. It was because she missed Scripten's neighborize-me action until night had almost ended. She added me to the neighborhood and extended the night so we'd have time to talk.

Then it was almost a half day later before I saw her PM about the neighborhood because it was the day of my dad's memorial service. Was still a fairly decent night's work.

I wonder how things would have worked out if I hadn't claimed watcher to Scripten on Night 2.

lol yeah that

Idic
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2521 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:06 pm

Post by Mathdino »

No but I mean

You said in the scum PT you wanted to get lynched D3 (not talking D4).

You were correct in that you getting lynched would be a much easier win than BBT getting lynched, since I'm an easier lynch than fferyllt.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2522 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:09 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 2520, fferyllt wrote:
I wonder how things would have worked out if I hadn't claimed watcher to Scripten on Night 2.

I'm glad you did! If you hadn't, I probably would have town-read Pine a lot harder.

Pine, did you come up with the role part of your fakeclaim as well as flavor? If you had claimed something like a cop, I might have been less suspicious of your claim.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2523 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:18 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1333, fferyllt wrote:Interesting. I spent some time thinking about this game while driving, and came to the conclusion that Pine reminds me a little of scum-SpyreX in a couple games we'd played because he's put relatively little info about his scumreads into the game, as well as the huzzah type posts he made in reply to a few things I posted.

The first time I played with SpyreX I was kinda wowed by his reputation and brushed over the lack of doing-stuff content.

Rereading this aftgernoon to make sure my on-the-road memory was accurate.

I kept remembering this post. But the vibe didn't factor that much into my Pine read.

I should have listened to myself.

Idic
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2524 (ISO) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:19 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 2513, ArcAngel9 wrote:Sure Pine. I am working on the game Setup at this moment. This is going to be a large theme game :)
I am very excited for this!!!

If you do a mini again, lmk. I.can't deal with large games
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”