gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:23 am

Post by gorckat »

I also hold by my earlier idea that the <weird claim player> be given a pass to see what happens tonight. Same boat tomorrow, and that worst case is today's worst case.

Skimming inHim's posts again, I noticed he said he'd hammer anyone since no case is needed to gain info. Then he suggested that Fonz (iirc) should unvote him if he's having doubts about him being scum...seems a little contradictory/self-preserving.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:08 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

How am I squirming? I've said I don't want to claim. I don't have a problem with people who are willing to lynch through my actions and not my role (Dasquian, for example). I'm more concerned with the others who have seen my lynch stall and are ready to jump on over to the next main dish.

Speaking of which, it's about time I moved my vote.
unvote; vote: Off the Mark
- for doing what I was talking about above. I'm open to him not being partnered with kilm, of course (although that
would
be a nice twofer). Maybe it's not that he let kilm go so easily that makes them linked, but instead just makes OtM scummy.

gorckat - The Fonz and I have different playstyles, and quite obviously I'd say. What's good for me to catch scum is more than probably not the same for him, and so I was trying to put myself in his shoes and see if there might be other avenues than myself. Of course I'm trying to preserve myself - I want to continue on in this game and hunt 'em down. If the Town sees fit for me to go, so be it, but I'm not going to roll over and hang.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:18 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Dude, I unvoted you because I decided your "I am not claiming because it would be bad for the town" strategy convinced me you probably were town after all, (mainly because I've never seen scum try that) so I didn't want you at lynch -1. And now you vote for me because of that action? This feels like some kind of weird reverse-OMGUS.

Now I am finding myself suspicious of you again, mainly because of language like this:
I'm open to him not being partnered with kilm, of course (although that would be a nice twofer).
You just sound so damn smug about it. I just made an impulsive decision. We can let MBL go and see if he survives the night and maybe deal with him tomorrow.

unvote:
vote: inHimshallIbe
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:43 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Off the Mark wrote:We can let MBL go and see if he survives the night and maybe deal with him tomorrow.
What am I, a trout?
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:59 am

Post by IH »

MBLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem, I will catch up on the thread tonight, sorry for the bit of lurking.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:27 pm

Post by kilmenator »

I too agree that maybe we should let MBL off for now and deal with him tomorrow...
pete d
pete d
Goon
pete d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:51 pm

Post by pete d »

Off the mark wrote:Dude, I unvoted you because I decided your "I am not claiming because it would be bad for the town" strategy convinced me you probably were town after all, (mainly because I've never seen scum try that) so I didn't want you at lynch -1.
I'm not convinced by this reasoning.
Off the mark wrote:Now I am finding myself suspicious of you again, mainly because of language like this:

I'm open to him not being partnered with kilm, of course (although that would be a nice twofer).
You just sound so damn smug about it. I just made an impulsive decision. We can let MBL go and see if he survives the night and maybe deal with him tomorrow.
This reasoning seems weak also. Suspecting someone for being smug, or for how they say something? I would think that
what
they say would be more important, rather than how they say it.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:16 am

Post by Off the Mark »

It may be weak reasoning, but it was just enough for me not to want to lynch him. Likewise, his smug attitude makes me feel like my first decision was wrong. (basically, I'm agreeing with you that my first decision was weak reasoning)

I'm just trying to go by my gut here to make sure we get the best D1 lynch.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:13 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

Hm.

Although Nanook is absolutely right in saying that MBL's post was a boatload of WIFOM, he's failing to recognize that reducing the situation to a WIFOM is an adequate defense. WIFOM means that the actions in question could, in theory, be taken by both town and scum - so conceding that the actions Dodgy/CES/MBL took are being interpreted through WIFOM is a point in MBL's favor.

However, it always rubs me the wrong way when replacements pretend to have some sort of psychic connection with their replacees. MBL is acting like he somehow has more knowledge as to what Dodgy was thinking than the rest of the town does - which is completely untrue. And I find that scummy.

I still feel that nothing has been done to reverse Dodgy's scumminess, and CES's active lurkitude. Vote stands, and I'd still like a claim out of MBL.
I am a stand-up dude of genuine flyness.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Deadline in 2 weeks.

A lynch must be reached by July 4th or deadline lynch rules will apply. Please review the rules at dl.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:15 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Pie_is_good wrote:MBL is acting like he somehow has more knowledge as to what Dodgy was thinking than the rest of the town does - which is completely untrue. And I find that scummy.

I still feel that nothing has been done to reverse Dodgy's scumminess, and CES's active lurkitude. Vote stands, and I'd still like a claim out of MBL.
Dodgy sent a threatening letter to someone claiming to be the forum administrator and saying he'd gut their cat or something. I think it's pretty clear he was on some bad acid or hopped up on Twinkies. Do you really want to attribute significance to his play?

More importantly, do you really think angry scum would be more likely to make a senseless claim and leave the game than angry town? Cause that would require that he decided he wanted to help his teammates, while he was in the process of behaving in a completely selfish and irrational manner.
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:01 pm

Post by kilmenator »

Just FYI, MBL is one of the best BS'ers I have ever played with.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:17 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

kilmenator wrote:I too agree that maybe we should let MBL off for now and deal with him tomorrow...
kilmenator wrote:Just FYI, MBL is one of the best BS'ers I have ever played with.
So why wait til tomorrow?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:57 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Now we're under deadline, I really think we need to drop the MBL thing. We clearly don't have the votes to force a claim, and further discussion of that subject is not in our interests.

I will not under any circumstances support the lynch of the following today:

Kilm
Pete
MBL (kinda academic really)
Pie
Gorckat
Dasquian
IH

We need Superstring to contribute significantly as soon as he returns.

I'm still on inHim for the moment, but will do re-reads of Nanook and OTM, along with their predecessors, shortly. I'd recommend most people try to reacquaint themselves with who replaced whom, it could be important.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:09 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Hmm, your post brings up a point I probably need to make, again...

When I talk about my willingness to move my vote around any and every which way, it's not that I support the lynch of the candidate so much as I support a lynch in general. In the later Days, you'll definitely see me zero in on specific players.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:35 am

Post by kilmenator »

NanookTheWolf wrote:
kilmenator wrote:I too agree that maybe we should let MBL off for now and deal with him tomorrow...
kilmenator wrote:Just FYI, MBL is one of the best BS'ers I have ever played with.
So why wait til tomorrow?
Because there is a chance scum will kill him tonight if he is not scum, and if he is around tomorrow, we will also have his behavior to look at. I think waiting for tomorrow to deal with MBL is the best bet, especially being that we are at deadline, and obviously do not have the vote to make a lynch or claim happen, so it looks as though inhim is the best lynch canidate.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:21 am

Post by gorckat »

Da Rulz wrote:4.) If a deadline passes without a player or No Lynch receiving a majority of the votes, the day will end with the person with the highest votes being lynched. If two players are tied are tied for the highest number, then the player who reached that number first will be lynched,
It doesn't take a majority to lynch at deadline, just more that want MBL than another. I think there may be enough people willing to do that.

I'm not one of them, but don't want to see people misrepresent/understand the conditions for lynch.

MBL might be bullshitting, but its sensible shit; selfish actions don't line up with improving the team (scum) situation when throwing a fit.

OTM seemed to be caught when he backpedaled on his reasons to unvote inHim...

Fonz- how'd you get that list?
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:36 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Dodgy sent a threatening letter to someone claiming to be the forum administrator and saying he'd gut their cat or something. I think it's pretty clear he was on some bad acid or hopped up on Twinkies. Do you really want to attribute significance to his play?
No, I've never really attributed signifance to that particular play - I've seen townies
and
scum flip out the way Dodgy did under pressure. It's pretty undeniable, though, that Dodgy was acting scummy before the flip-out, and that's the behavior which, in my humble opinion, has not yet been mitigated.
MrBuddyLee wrote:More importantly, do you really think angry scum would be more likely to make a senseless claim and leave the game than angry town? Cause that would require that he decided he wanted to help his teammates, while he was in the process of behaving in a completely selfish and irrational manner.
This is asking the wrong question.
I don't think that scum are more likely to flip out than townies. I
do
think, though, that when townies flip out, they're very likely to tell the truth about their role.
This is why I want a claim from you. Savvy?

Also, Fonz, we still have two weeks on the deadline. It strikes me as odd - not neccesarily scummy, but quite odd - that you outright ruleout most of the town.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:46 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

The fonz can ruleout most of the town all he'd like .. but I like my vote and I'm sticking with it. I'm pretty sure of myself that he's scum (which by the way isn't something that I say in a game very often).

I don't think that MBL would be killed tonight even if he weren't scum because I think it's pretty apparant in my mind at least that he's not a doctor and he's someone that the scum are going to want to leave in the game due to his high suspicion. Plus I think he's scum and fellow scum aren't going to kill fellow scum.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:29 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Pie wrote:This is why I want a claim from you. Savvy?
Welp, you're in the minority. You already have a half a claim from me. You know damned well any scumteam tonight is going to think, "hmm, should we kill that guy or not, he might be the doctor" because of the halfclaim. They'll be worried about whether there's a "real" doctor who might protect me. They also may know I'll play a big part in catching them if they leave me alive. So I don't exactly expect to be alive tomorrow but we'll see.

I'll have to look back and see if you're exaggerating about my predecessor being scummy.

Also, I think Nanook is blowing smoke about his scumteam not wanting to kill me tonight. A shot at a power role is better than a random choice. Plus, if they don't kill me and I happen to be a successful doc, I'm confirmed and they're a day behind on kills. I don't intend to give them any more clues as to my identity, and I think you need to give a better reason for wanting my roleclaim at L-4 lest you yourself start smelling of scum.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:18 am

Post by The Fonz »

Pie_is_good wrote: Also, Fonz, we still have two weeks on the deadline. It strikes me as odd - not neccesarily scummy, but quite odd - that you outright ruleout most of the town.
We're on page 20. I'd find it odder if a player didn't have a shortlist of guys he'd be willing to see lynched by now. Being willing to support any lynch at all is scummy. I don't see anything like as strong a case against anyone else as against Nanook, OTM, inHim or possibly Superstring, nor a particularly great possibility of one emerging.
NanookTheWolf wrote:The fonz can ruleout most of the town all he'd like .. but I like my vote and I'm sticking with it. I'm pretty sure of myself that he's scum (which by the way isn't something that I say in a game very often).
You can insist on voting MBL all you like... but if you want anyone other than the four named above lynched, you'll have to do it without me.
MrBuddyLee wrote:
Pie wrote:This is why I want a claim from you. Savvy?
Welp, you're in the minority. You already have a half a claim from me. You know damned well any scumteam tonight is going to think, "hmm, should we kill that guy or not, he might be the doctor" because of the halfclaim. They'll be worried about whether there's a "real" doctor who might protect me. They also may know I'll play a big part in catching them if they leave me alive. So I don't exactly expect to be alive tomorrow but we'll see.
That doesn't make sense. Why would a 'real' doc protect someone he knew to have fakeclaimed?
Also, I think Nanook is blowing smoke about his scumteam not wanting to kill me tonight. A shot at a power role is better than a random choice. Plus, if they don't kill me and I happen to be a successful doc,
I'm confirmed and they're a day behind on kills.
My WIFOMeter is going off here. You'd be a million miles from confirmed. It would be entirely possible you were scum who'd opted to no-kill.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

So if I'm NOT the doctor and I claim responsibility for the lack of nightkill because I'm "the doc", that's not likely to get me in trouble?
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:16 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

The Fonz wrote:You can insist on voting MBL all you like... but if you want anyone other than the four named above lynched, you'll have to do it without me.
.. and
I'm
the hard ass?

It's ok to have different routes that we each want to take, but when you ask me why I vote the way I do, and I explain it .. then leave it at that. Why you only choose to vote for a certain 4 players is your choice .. I wasn't asking for support as it's been pretty obvious now that I'm not going to get it, but I will stand for what I believe and that's that MBL is scum.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:18 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

.. and by support I do mean an actual full lynch, btw.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:55 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

MBL -- if you were in my position, would you want yourself to claim or not?

If so, why aren't you claiming?

If not, why are you deflecting attacks by saying "Well, you're in the minority" when there are objective reasons for you to not claim?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”