Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:00 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

On the usefuness of the coutnerintellegence agent? It sounds like that he's our main cop; well, either him or the FBI agent. I would definatly put someone I thought was both pro-town and looking like a good scum-hunter there.

The setup Albert suggested is more like what I had in mind, and is basically what I was suggesting from the start. I think the best plan is start out focuing on finding the scum, although we may have to have more people help Jack find the nuclear bomb if that starts to go badly (and, based on the series, it's not likely to go smoothly). And I think the key to doing that is 1 counter-intel, 2 SIA's (which, like I said, sound like trackers to me who can tell us what the scum are telling the mod), 3 cryptos to get all that data, 3 field agents, and 1 FBI liason to act as cop.

And, like I said, the only places in there safe to put people that look suspicious are deputy director, some of the field agents, and perhaps, if needed, the SIA's. (If we're devoting a huge amount of resources to keeping a counter-intel person alive with bodyguards for 4 hours and then keeping the crypto agent alive for 1 hour to decode it, we can't afford to put a scum in that positon who would waste all that time and effort, and we won't want to lynch the counter-intel person half-way though his investigation, so we definatly want to put someone we think is pro-town there.)
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:05 am

Post by Off the Mark »

The way I understand it:

The CIA and SIA's choose who to target and then they get back a coded message. They then pass along this message to a crypto. The instructions say they have the ability to falsify info, so I'm guessing they can tell the mod if they want to pass along the real coded message or a fake one.

Yos: you need to accept the possibility that I simply believe the things I am saying. It seems counter-intuitive for you to believe I am scum because I am trying to look innocent. That is WIFOM to the extreme.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:09 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Guardian wrote:Well, your reason for disagreeing with it does cripple it as being a good setup, that is for sure. :roll:. *cough* hypocrisy *cough*

And I did give reasons for why I think people would be good in each position. Read, please.

I think the setup itself is good because the catch all scum plan is the best win condition to go for, and I think we should heavily focus on that with just a few laisions to keep our options open. We need two crypto minumum, though I would be welcome to three. We want both the FBI agent and the CIA looking for scum, we have SIA's maybe catching scum slips, we have field agents protecting critical roles, and we have the White House making the FBI even more useful, and have the NSA as a backup plan/to help with intel.

Yos, read all the games I am in. There are three current I believe and a fourth where he died. Note how I feel I have a great read on him in all of them. Note how the reverse is true. Note how this is not a scum tell...
Once again, no need for the PAs... :roll:

Most of the time when I put :P I'm joking, including the recent IGMEOY. You take me much too seriously :wink:

There's no real faults in the main paragraph, there. By 'just a few' did you mean 'not too many'? Liasons seem to be some of the most versatile roles, though the usefulness of this is debateable.

I read your whole previous post (duh), and the main gripe is you just reviewed a few seperate positions. When people do this it's helpful for you to list each role and person, then give a short reason why, then move onto the next person. Think you could do this?
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:11 am

Post by Xdaamno »

The CIA and SIA's choose who to target and then they get back a coded message. They then pass along this message to a crypto. The instructions say they have the ability to falsify info, so I'm guessing they can tell the mod if they want to pass along the real coded message or a fake one.

Yeah, I'm confused about this too. If they got an actual code to decipher, it'd be impossible to falsify it. My guess is they get a PM saying 'You recieved a code. Do you want to pass it on as it is, or do you want to change it's meaning? If changing, what do you want to change it to?'

Though, in RL, that wouldn't make much sense. You can't change the meaning of a code when you don't know how to decipher it.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:14 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Xdaamno wrote:
There's no real faults in the main paragraph, there. By 'just a few' did you mean 'not too many'? Liasons seem to be some of the most versatile roles, though the usefulness of this is debateable.
As I said, I don't think we will need liaisons until later in the game.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:17 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Off the Mark wrote: Yos: you need to accept the possibility that I simply believe the things I am saying. It seems counter-intuitive for you to believe I am scum because I am trying to look innocent. That is WIFOM to the extreme.
No, not really. It's a matter of motiviation. In any mafia game, the #1 priority of scum is always to not be lynched; in fact, if 1 scum manages to be consdiered a confirmed innocent and last the entire game without being lynched, the town loses. Whereas if you were town, trying to make yourself look confirmed would be a much lower priority; I wouldn't be surprised to see a pro-town person using the argumetns you've used in self defense when in danger of being lynched, but I would not expect a good guy to try to go out of your way to convince us of your innocence before anyone had even questioned it. There's just no real reason to do that at this point, unless you're scum.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:23 am

With maybe about 3-4 terrorists in the mix, I think it is affordable to have 1 or 2 as cryptos, since all cryptos will confirm eachother once they have decrypted a code.

Its important for at least 1 SIA to be pro-town, so I suggest putting two players that have been going at eachother as SIAs; at least one must be town. We can figure which one if one tries to falsify data.

Bodyguards are expandable. If they don't do their job, we killem. The bodyguard protecting the counterintelligence agent
must
be pro-town, else the agent will be assassinated on the 4rth hour when he is about to deliver crucial information.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:24 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Yos wrote: I wouldn't be surprised to see a pro-town person using the argumetns you've used in self defense when in danger of being lynched, but I would not expect a good guy to try to go out of your way to convince us of your innocence before anyone had even questioned it. There's just no real reason to do that at this point, unless you're scum.
OK.... but I didn't do that. I said I trusted Albert and UA because they seem to be in the same position as me. You seem to be reading this as me saying, "Trust me!" when really I am just saying I trust these other guys. That's why I said you must have distrusted me from the beginning in order to get this type of read on my posts. You seem to be trying very hard to read between the lines for no good reason here. Just drop your suspicion for a second and it will all be much clearer. I am simply saying what I mean here and you are trying to glean other meanings from it and it is quite frustrating.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:25 am

Also, we can use the FBI as a correctional officer of sorts. If someone doesn't do their job, we can incarcerate them instead of sending them to their death right away.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:31 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:With maybe about 3-4 terrorists in the mix, I think it is affordable to have 1 or 2 as cryptos, since all cryptos will confirm eachother once they have decrypted a code.
From what Pooky's said so far, it dosn't seem work that way. 1 SIA or counter-intellegence person sends their info to 1 crypto, and then it takes that 1 crypto a full hour to decode the information. Which means that 1 bad crypto could give us bad intellegence, and we woudln't have any way of knowing if it was the crypto or the SIA/counter intellegence agent doing it.

Its important for at least 1 SIA to be pro-town, so I suggest putting two players that have been going at eachother as SIAs; at least one must be town. We can figure which one if one tries to falsify data.
[/qute]

Perhaps, but only if we trust the cryptos.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:35 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Off the Mark wrote:
Yos wrote: I wouldn't be surprised to see a pro-town person using the argumetns you've used in self defense when in danger of being lynched, but I would not expect a good guy to try to go out of your way to convince us of your innocence before anyone had even questioned it. There's just no real reason to do that at this point, unless you're scum.
OK.... but I didn't do that. I said I trusted Albert and UA because they seem to be in the same position as me. You seem to be reading this as me saying, "Trust me!" when really I am just saying I trust these other guys. That's why I said you must have distrusted me from the beginning in order to get this type of read on my posts. You seem to be trying very hard to read between the lines for no good reason here. Just drop your suspicion for a second and it will all be much clearer. I am simply saying what I mean here and you are trying to glean other meanings from it and it is quite frustrating.
(shrug) Well, that's how mafia works, we're all trying to figure out what other people are thinking based on what they are saying. And the impression I got from your posts so far is that you really, REALLY want us to believe that ALL the latecomers MUST be pro-town, which is what I would expect you to do if you intentioanlly decided to come in to the game late in order to prove you're pro-town.

The fact that it never seemed to occur to you that it was possible that ANY of the latecomers might be scum trying to trick us bugs me.

Now, none of that is solid proof you're scum, of course, but you never get solid proof this early in a game.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:45 am

Post by Xdaamno »

I find OTM's reasoning a litte strange there too. He should atleast of been able to see the argument from our POV in that Albert and UA aren't confirmed as trust-able at this stage in the game. He seemed to ignore the fact that his status dosen't correlate to the other's statuses.

Still, having said that, him ignoring the difference in status seems like something a pro-town player would do. If he was scum, I'm not sure of the reasoning behind him saying he trusts them, unless they're both his scumbuddies (unlikely). Of course, that dosen't mean the statement didn't seem off.
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:50 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Xdaamno wrote:Still, having said that, him ignoring the difference in status seems like something a pro-town player would do. If he was scum, I'm not sure of the reasoning behind him saying he trusts them, unless they're both his scumbuddies (unlikely). Of course, that dosen't mean the statement didn't seem off.
Eh...scum often try to buddy up with a good guy; they try to tie themselves to the good guy, both to make themselves look good, to get themselves an ally, and to make the good guy look bad later if they get caught. That's what it looks to me like he was doing with Albert.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:56 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Yos wrote:The fact that it never seemed to occur to you that it was possible that ANY of the latecomers might be scum trying to trick us bugs me.
I acknowledge this possibility, but it seems unlikely. Occam's Razor applies here, I believe.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:00 am

Post by Guardian »

Brownie points for referencing Occam's razor.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:00 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:Still, having said that, him ignoring the difference in status seems like something a pro-town player would do. If he was scum, I'm not sure of the reasoning behind him saying he trusts them, unless they're both his scumbuddies (unlikely). Of course, that dosen't mean the statement didn't seem off.
Eh...scum often try to buddy up with a good guy; they try to tie themselves to the good guy, both to make themselves look good, to get themselves an ally, and to make the good guy look bad later if they get caught. That's what it looks to me like he was doing with Albert.
Yeah... re-reading my own post made that a little obvious >.<

Well, I pretty much consider all the latecomers neutral, which is probably ethically correct anyway.
Korran
Korran
Vampire Scum
Korran
Vampire Scum
Vampire Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:06 am

Post by Korran »

Unvote,Vote:GUarDIan
Rise at night,
Fear no fight,
The time of the sun,
Is when we're done.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:10 am

Post by Off the Mark »

unvote, vote: Guardian

because I trust him more than Yos and he actually has a shot at winning
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:10 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Guardian wrote:Brownie points for referencing Occam's razor.
:)
Korran wrote:
Unvote,Vote:GUarDIan
-_-'

Korran...?
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:11 am

Post by Xdaamno »

What the...

Guys :?

What's up with the switch to Guardian.

This is the most suspiscious play I've seen yet on this site :shock:
Korran
Korran
Vampire Scum
Korran
Vampire Scum
Vampire Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:11 am

Post by Korran »

What?
Rise at night,
Fear no fight,
The time of the sun,
Is when we're done.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:12 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Two players suddenly switch to guardian with little reasoning at exactly the same time? :P
Cracking Idea Mafia
Korran
Korran
Vampire Scum
Korran
Vampire Scum
Vampire Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:12 am

Post by Korran »

well my computer really slow and It took 5 mins for that to load up and I've always been with guardian.
Rise at night,
Fear no fight,
The time of the sun,
Is when we're done.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:15 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Apart... from... when you switched to Yos?

I don't know, two of the most suspiscious players switching to another of the most suspiscious players at the same time just seems like a rather odd coincidence.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:17 am

Post by Off the Mark »

Xdaamno wrote:Two players suddenly switch to guardian with little reasoning at exactly the same time? :P
I have been considering switching to Guardian since he and Albert posted their ideal setups. I didn't like Albert's much at all. With Guardian, I just had the issue with the SIA position but other than that, I liked his plan.

Korran's vote made me realize Guardian DID have a chance to win so I decided to vote for him too.

I don't trust you at all, however, Xd.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”