Micro 407: Jurassic Park Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:45 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I don't understand why nobody is willing to entertain the idea of Beck being scum.

Tbh, it's becoming a little frustrating now.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:56 am

Post by Beck »

In post 1575, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I don't understand why nobody is willing to entertain the idea of Beck being scum.

Tbh, it's becoming a little frustrating now.

Cause everyone can see I'm not scum, because I'm ACTUALLY NOT SCUM.

I haven't even done scummy things to even deserve a sxum read from you.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:10 am

Post by Pine »

Actually, you have. Your Town playstyle is actually really scummy. You vote hop, don't follow through on wagons, and make bullshit cases. Remember Rolling in the Deep? I was legitimately convinced you were scum, where you're behaving the same as here

The thing is, you only do that as Town. You pull it back as scum.

I mean, you're in your meta turbo-Town mode, but saying you've done nothing scummy is laughable
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:11 am

Reads Pine?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:24 am

Post by Beck »

In post 1577, Pine wrote:Actually, you have. Your Town playstyle is actually really scummy. You vote hop, don't follow through on wagons, and make bullshit cases. Remember Rolling in the Deep? I was legitimately convinced you were scum, where you're behaving the same as here

The thing is, you only do that as Town. You pull it back as scum.

I mean, you're in your meta turbo-Town mode, but saying you've done nothing scummy is laughable

1. vote hopping isn't scummy only n00bs think that and you certainly aren't a n00b, and I haven't even vote hopped this game.

2. I had full intentions of following through with your wagon, scripten's also and I plan to follow through with BBT's and I absolutely followed through with majiffy's wagon. Not following through isn't scummy either. Changing your mind because someone does something scummy to give you doubt isn't scummy either.

3. I haven't made a bullshit case my entire life. Now I may ultimately be wrong, but the cases I make are 100% spot on about the person I am making them on.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:03 am

Post by Pine »

Willingness to get off-track on irrelevant tangents is also kind of scummy. Whatever. I'm not engaging this argument, it's a valid
opinion
that leads me to conclude that you're Town. Next topic

BBT, I've repeatedly stated that my chief scumreads are you and Grib, Grib more so. I mean, shit. Look at how he lurks while we're talking about lynching me or you then as soon as he's mentioned is active again.

Strong Townreads are Beck and Mathdino, both for their behavior

Fferyllt looks Town for strong entrance into the game and use of logic, but recent coasting and PoE leaves me wondering whether she should be reconsidered, should one of {Grib, BBT} flip Town

Scripten is a special case. Overall, he's got a very strange approach and behavior. I'd rank him before Fferyllt for reconsideration, but the Scripten-Beck connection has me questioning it. Normal rules and PoE tell me it's probably Neighborizer, which is NOT guaranteed Town, and a role that scum might try to use as a coasting option. On the other hand, a Micro Normal can have one role that is experimental and not explicitly Normal, so it could be Inventor or even something more exotic. Scripten's reticence on this makes clearing him really, really annoying

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:17 am

Post by Grib »

Pine, I can only say I want you or Mathdino lynched so often before it becomes unnecessary to keep repeating.

I gave everyone a chance to lynch me a few pages back, no strings attached, no hard feelings, and yet here I am.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:21 am

Post by Grib »

Let's try this again.

Everyone vote for me. Kill me. Put a big fat bolded vote on me. Right now. I'm on everyone's Most Wanted list, so fucking act like it. Lynch me right now. And when I flip town, go after Mathdino, Pine, and fferyllt, assuming none of them get shot.

Takers?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:24 am

Post by Grib »

Oh, and Pine, sit your ass down about me "lurking." Even without RL obligations, my activity could dance circles around yours.

That is all. See you guys post-game, unless there's more stalling.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:32 am

Post by Beck »

Pine. If you think grib is scum convince all the people who expressed interest in lynching him to actually vote him. Between yourself, math, scripten, and bbt surely you can rally 2 more votes
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:49 am

Post by Scripten »

Pine:
Do you consider my play to be "coasting?" If so, why?

Oh, and I was looking through older posts and wanted to reply to this:

In post 1482, Pine wrote:Yeah, probably. We're not up against a deadline yet, and I only just jumped back in on this. I like to squeeze what I can from each day, rather than lurching wildly from one rabid tunnel to the next

I'm still trying to figure out how the Grib wagon, which was nearly unanimous, disintegrated

It disintegrated because it was too easy a wagon. Grib might be scum, but BBT's behavior regarding that wagon was weird and doesn't rely on associative reads to be scummy.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:04 pm

In post 1585, Scripten wrote:
It disintegrated because it was too easy a wagon. Grib might be scum, but BBT's behavior regarding that wagon was weird and doesn't rely on associative reads to be scummy.

What was weird about my behaviour?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:07 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 1586, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1585, Scripten wrote:

What was weird about my behaviour?

Didn't feel like a natural progression. If you ISO me, I think I've explained it. Would do it myself but I have to leave shortly.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:56 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1582, Grib wrote:Let's try this again.

Everyone vote for me. Kill me. Put a big fat bolded vote on me. Right now. I'm on everyone's Most Wanted list, so fucking act like it. Lynch me right now. And when I flip town, go after Mathdino, Pine, and fferyllt, assuming none of them get shot.

Takers?

Grib, you realise anyone could say this, right?

Me: When I flip town, go after Grib and Pine.
Pine: When I flip town, go after Grib and BBT.
BBT: When I flip town, go after Pine and Beck.
etc etc

Not cutting off discussion just yet.

Anyway, I think the only way BBT is possibly scum right now is if he were scum with Grib. Assuming Grib is town, the entire D1 push makes total sense given the flavour claim, and Grib is correct in that the sudden backing off of him D2 means he could've avoided all of this.

PoE makes Grib scum.

VOTE: Grib

@fferyllt: Yeah, I looked through your ISO; the majority of the content is in your catchup posts and after that your activity kinda went downhill fast.
I looked at your opinions of different players (ctrl+F'd Grib and Pine) and I noticed that you didn't talk about them nearly as much as the other players, so I suppose the possibility of being scum with them remains. That said, I think while you've done a lot more analysis than FinnLaw, he's done a lot more for your slot when it comes to seeming town, so I'm not gonna consider you as the correct lynch today.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by Pine »

Alright, several questions posed to me

Scripten
: No, your behavior does not look like coasting. What I said is that the claim looks like one that scum
could
use to coast. I'm much more concerned with two things: First, your reluctance to elaborate on whatever's going on with you and Beck, when you said D1 that your role would confirm you as Town. It didn't, per Beck. Second, your hard push back on me when I said Neighborizer. It is by far the most likely role, and the only one within explicitly Normal mechanics. Given that the hard push looks really weird. It doesn't actually make any sense as Town. How exactly would I have arrived at that point without just reasoning it out? Doesn't make much sense. That said, everything together suggests the Town side of null

Grib
: In the last three days, you've posted nine times, almost all since coming back under scrutiny. One of those was wishing Scripten happy birthday, ALL of the other were in the last few hours, mostly in self-defense, after coming back under scrutiny. In the same time period, I've posted 21 times, mostly on the offense, scumhunting. So yes, that's lurking.

Beck
: Are you serious? Why do I keep asking that, of course you are. I've been working on getting Grib lynched for WEEKS. He's easily the scummiest person here, but wagons on him keep melting away. Put YOUR money where YOUR mouth is, and get on board

Scripten again
: BBTs move away from Grib makes perfect sense, when you consider that BBT is a relatively new player. He's either Grib's scumbuddy trying to bail out his mate, or he's an investigative role with an inno. Guess what? He hasn't defended Grib enough for it to be the latter. Get on board

PE: Bravo, Mathdino. I think that's L-1

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:05 pm

Post by Grib »

I've posted only nine times because I already knew what lynch I wanted. Everything else has been noise.

Mathdino, Pine, fferyllt. Never forget.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:07 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

VOTE COUNT - 2.7
Grib -
fferyllt, Mathdino
Mathdino-

BlueBloodedToffee-
, Scripten, Beck, Pine
Beck-

Pine-
Grib

Not Voting

BlueBloodedToffee

With 7 alive it takes 4 for a lynch and 3 for no lynch.

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2014-11-21 11:15:00)
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:10 pm

Post by Pine »

Unvote
Vote: Grib

Well that was in error. Thought I'd changed it earlier today

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:13 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 1399, Grib wrote:Oh my god, this is getting ridiculous. Please lynch me and go after Mathdino, Pine, and fferyllt toMorrow, in that order. I can't stand being on everyone's want-to-lynch list with absolute fuck-all happening. The scumteam is obviously going to wait to deadline!vote me because "information! also he's the only lynch achievable toDay FOR SOME MYSTERIOUS REASON."

I'm not going to self vote, but if nobody wants to listen to me, then let's get this over with. My wagon should be fun to analyze.

In post 1400, Mathdino wrote:You understand that if we lynch you and you flip town, we'll be in LyLo.

Regardless, you have been active, and that's more than Pine can say. I think your last post gives slight townvibes, and like I said, I'm fine with either lynch.

UNVOTE: Grib
VOTE: Pine
Let's hope we're right on this.

In post 1588, Mathdino wrote:
In post 1582, Grib wrote:Let's try this again.

Takers?

Grib, you realise anyone could say this, right?

Me: When I flip town, go after Grib and Pine.
Pine: When I flip town, go after Grib and BBT.
BBT: When I flip town, go after Pine and Beck.
etc etc

Not cutting off discussion just yet.

Anyway, I think the only way BBT is possibly scum right now is if he were scum with Grib. Assuming Grib is town, the entire D1 push makes total sense given the flavour claim, and Grib is correct in that the sudden backing off of him D2 means he could've avoided all of this.

PoE makes Grib scum.

VOTE: Grib

@fferyllt: Yeah, I looked through your ISO; the majority of the content is in your catchup posts and after that your activity kinda went downhill fast.
I looked at your opinions of different players (ctrl+F'd Grib and Pine) and I noticed that you didn't talk about them nearly as much as the other players, so I suppose the possibility of being scum with them remains. That said, I think while you've done a lot more analysis than FinnLaw, he's done a lot more for your slot when it comes to seeming town, so I'm not gonna consider you as the correct lynch today.

Mathdino, these are two completely different reactions to what is essentially the same post. Explain?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:21 pm

Post by Pine »

Pretty sure I know why, but I'll let Math field it before I put in my two cents

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:23 pm

Post by Grib »

Thank you for being courteous.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:26 pm

Post by Mathdino »

The only way I can see BBT as scum now is as partners with you. Remember, my current suspects are BBT, you, Pine, and fferyllt. You I can see as scum with all of them.
Your lynch is not only extremely likely to hit scum but also information heavy. Before, you and Pine were equal, but now you're more likely.

Anyway,
UNVOTE:
Because I'm not comfortable with Grib at L-1 yet. Was mainly cool with BBT being there so I could do the reaction test.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:26 pm

Post by Grib »

You're killing me, Math.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:28 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1596, Mathdino wrote:The only way I can see BBT as scum now is as partners with you. Remember, my current suspects are BBT, you, Pine, and fferyllt. You I can see as scum with all of them.
Your lynch is not only extremely likely to hit scum but also information heavy. Before, you and Pine were equal, but now you're more likely.

Anyway,
UNVOTE:
Because I'm not comfortable with Grib at L-1 yet. Was mainly cool with BBT being there so I could do the reaction test.

Why aren't you comfortable with it?
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:28 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Want more discussion, we have 4 days, I'm not sure everything that can be said has been said.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”