YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:16 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Wow. I'm really sure YB is scum now. Instead of defending himself against the accusations, he acts like he understands why they are suspicious of him, and then attacks the first person who goes after him with bad or no reasoning, in order to try and start a possible counterwagon or scare him off his own wagon. His actions scream of scum worrying about being seen as "overdefensive" if he tried to dispute our arguments.
What? I attackled Albert because he was trying to be subtle following a bandwagon, Then he said he would wait till I was at -1 to Hammah. Im not being overdefensive, I am being agressive. He's Leaning on me, but its all good. Why in the world would he say its all good?It really seems like hes rememberig his reputation for joining Bandwagons and trying to play it cool.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:21 am

Post by Guardian »

[
n
o
r
eal
c
ontent]
YB is town.
I am happy with an Albert or Shteven lynch at the moment. I believe Albert is scum.
[/nrc]
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:21 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Oh BTW, Happy Birthday to BillyTwilight! :)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:41 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

YogurtBandit wrote:
What? I attackled Albert because he was trying to be subtle following a bandwagon, Then he said he would wait till I was at -1 to Hammah.
I said I was waiting you be -2 so I would -2 you.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:42 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
YogurtBandit wrote:
What? I attackled Albert because he was trying to be subtle following a bandwagon, Then he said he would wait till I was at -1 to Hammah.
I said I was waiting you be -2 so I would -2 you.
-1, Hammah, Same concept.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:42 am

EBWOP

waiting you be at -2, to -1 you.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:59 am

Post by Jack »

I think I can take billy's summary in place of my reread and
unvote, vote:yogurtBandit
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:34 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Good man.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:35 am

YogurtBandit wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Wow. I'm really sure YB is scum now. Instead of defending himself against the accusations, he acts like he understands why they are suspicious of him, and then attacks the first person who goes after him with bad or no reasoning, in order to try and start a possible counterwagon or scare him off his own wagon. His actions scream of scum worrying about being seen as "overdefensive" if he tried to dispute our arguments.
What? I attackled Albert because he was trying to be subtle following a bandwagon, Then he said he would wait till I was at -1 to Hammah. Im not being overdefensive, I am being agressive. He's Leaning on me, but its all good. Why in the world would he say its all good?It really seems like hes rememberig his reputation for joining Bandwagons and trying to play it cool.
That's exactly my point. Nowhere did I say you were being overdefensive. In fact, I pretty much strictly implied that you were being aggressive to avoid having to go on the defensive, because you don't have a defense for your scummy actions.
Permanent V/LA.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:03 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I know it's a bit much to ask for all twenty of you to hold off on the glorious hammer until I've had a chance to complete my analysis, but please consider my request. I'll get started right now on my final five. Thanks.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:26 am

Post by Glork »

Not as big a fan of the YB lynch as I am of Shteven or Guardian. I have mild misgivings about MoS, but that's more hunch than anything.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:35 am

Post by AutumnEvenings »

I definitely agree that we should not lynch just yet. (But is he really at -1? That doesn't seem right. I have him at 5, though I haven't kept the best count.) I really still want to hear from Pless (or his replacement). I can't believe I'm the only one who feels this way...

Also, it's been nearly a week since you posted,
Yosarian2
. Given our discussion on lurking and such...well, suffice to say, I'd like to hear from you. In post #551 you said that Yogurt was "perhaps" one of your top suspects (along with Glork, Albert, and Guardian). What do you think of him now? Anything changed your mind about Glork or Albert?
[color=blue][i]"They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved and how. And how much." --Arundhati Roy[/i][/color]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:03 pm

Yea, I didn't realize he was at -1. I'll
unvote
to give MBL a chance to finish and let YB claim first.
Permanent V/LA.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

AutumnEvenings wrote: Also, it's been nearly a week since you posted,
Yosarian2
. Given our discussion on lurking and such...well, suffice to say, I'd like to hear from you. In post #551 you said that Yogurt was "perhaps" one of your top suspects (along with Glork, Albert, and Guardian). What do you think of him now? Anything changed your mind about Glork or Albert?
Yeah, this game has been moving so fast I've not really been able to keep up, espeaclly as every time I try to get caught up the darn mafia site goes down again. I was suspicious of Yogurt, as of 5 pages ago or so. I'll try to get caught up and let you know.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:36 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok; actually, now that I re-read, I think I actually did read most of that. I like Billy's case against Yogurt, but I still think Albert is higher on my personal list of suspicion. I especally don't like the last several posts Albert made, like how he first followed Glork to attack Shteven, and his last several posts about Yogurt really sound like scum to me:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:I'm leaning on YogurtBandit, but its all good.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
YogurtBandit wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:I'm leaning on YogurtBandit, but its all good.
Why?The others have given diffrent reasons, but it sounds like all that you are trying to do is to seem like you arent following anyone while You really are. usually you would say, "I agree" and vote someone, but there it seems like its trying to cover up what you really say. But its all good?? Again seems like a cover up, saying, I wont vote for him yet, I agree, but I wont vote.Its just too contradictory and I really dont like that post.
I'll be waiting to -1 you, so I don't put my vote yet.
And then he repeated it again that he was "waiting to -1 yogurt". All without actually explaining why he was suspcicios of him or anything useful like that.

Yeah,
confirm vote:Albert
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:56 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Yea, I didn't realize he was at -1. I'll
unvote
to give MBL a chance to finish and let YB claim first.
Uh, I was at -5. :o
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:20 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Although, while I don't feel as bad about guardian as I did earlier in the game, posts like this just make my skin crawl.
Guardian wrote: YB is town.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:34 pm

Post by Glork »

....why? I say things like that. Do I make your skin crawl, Yos?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:45 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Glork wrote:....why? I say things like that. Do I make your skin crawl, Yos?
Meh. I kind of expect you to make definitive statements about people without giving your reasons right away. But yeah, him just saying "YB is town" rather then, say, explaining why he dosn't like the YB wagon, just dosn't seem like the kind of thing I'd usually expect to hear from a good guy on day 1.
HungryJoe
HungryJoe
Goon
HungryJoe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:48 pm

Post by HungryJoe »

I'm sorry I'm not giving much info here guys, this particular game is moving incredibly fast (although not saying that ain't cool!) and I'm always a bit behind, it would seem. =b

@Yos2: I agree with that, no reasons or explanation of any kind and just a "SO-and-so is town." Is something that makes me grimace. =\
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:22 pm

@Yos

The reasons for voting YB are already highlighted by other players and I find myself agreeing with them. Both Guardian and YB can be lynched today. They're all on my suspect list.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:27 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok; what reasons did other people give for voting for YB that you agreed with? What convinced you, exactally?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:33 pm

BillyTwilight wrote:Why YogurtBandit=scum:

Post #'s 78, 79: I don't like the first sentence in post #78. It seems to come more from the psychology of scum than town; in a way he states "I wish that BM looked scummy enough to lynch, but he doesn't right now so I am just going to FoS him."

Post #85: Votes BM over really shitty reasoning. He follows TCS bandwagon call and claims that he read BM's "scumtell" and that was reason enough to vote him. First, the scum tell came before YB's post #81, so he had already read that "scumtell" and not seen anything there to vote for, but when TCS voted, YB was quick to follow. This was the 7th vote on BM's early wagon, and unjustified to boot.

Post #99: Unvotes BM because he gets a "pro-town" feel on him, although Battle Mage did nothing between post #'s 85 and 99 that I can see that makes him more protown. However, YB did pick up a few votes in the interim, from Jack, BBB and BM; couple that with several people commenting that BM's wagon looked suspicious makes me feel that YB's distancing from the wagon was scum trying to back off from a town lynch that had soured. He also IGMEOY's Jack in this post, which seems OMGUSy to me.

Post #'s 101, 103: Nothing much here; BBB does point out that Yogurt's post #99 has a weird vibe because he attacked Jack for FoSing BBB for voting YB. I think this is evidence of scum not thinking things through. He wanted to go for Jack because of Jack's vote and call for a wagon, but didn't think through exactly what he was doing, just threw the IGMEOY out for no really good reason.

Post #120: He defends himself against my post #106, where I ask for clarification on post #99. His answers are unsatisfactory. Says he doesn't exactly know why he thought BM was protown; reasons that it might be because BM said that he acts scummy as town, etc. Not a satisfactory answer to why he claimed suspicion of Jack as well and criticizes BM for his playstyle. Although the last part seems ok out of context, in the thread he was merely echoing the thoughts of others from that part of the conversation. I find scum do this often, to seem as though they are contributing without saying anything substantial or that hasn't already been covered in thread.

Post #124: He's back on the BM wagon, with an FoS instead of a vote this time. Again the reasons are not great (same old BM acts scummy on purpose but maybe this time he is scum argument). I don't like how he said "I don't feel like voting you now," then FoSes him instead. Seems to me like he learned his lesson from the last time he tested the BM wagon-waters and is more hesitant about throwing down a vote on him.

Post #136: Chastises Albert for not voting his conscience. The first of several posts where YB adopts a preachy posting style. It's very manipulative and soapbox-like, and again contributes nothing to what has already been said in thread. Follows that with an Albert vote, jumping onto the next burgeoning bandwagon available.

Post #138: Chastises Albert for joining bandwagons.

Post #162: Completely useless comment about when a lynch will happen.

Post #165: Answers a question from Jack intended for Glork. He does this several times in the thread, might be a personal scumtell from him. I think he thinks answering questions in game makes him look more town and helpful, even if those questions are for other players and have nothing to do with him.

Post #173: Unvotes, but HoSes Albert and BM. I don't understand why a player has a vote on someone, then out of the blue unvotes them but leaves a large amount of suspicion on them. He gives a terrible reason for this (they keep flip-flopping, so I will unvote them, but I will keep an HoS{? - wtf is the point of an HoS?}, because I hear of their scummy behavior). He then begins questioning HJ. Asks him for anything he sees different or more scummy about BM's play, makes a statement that doesn't even make sense to me about how HJ would only think the way he's thinking because scum would think that way, and another question about asking Glork something about his behaviour that also doesn't make sense to me. I think the most significance in this post is not the content itself, but where it was directed. Glork at the time had attacked HJ for HJ joining the BM wagon, and HJ obviously began to defend himself. Everyone knows Glork's reputation for scum hunting, and whither or not Glork is scum a newb scum is likely to follow where Glork leads. This is the first mention that I can see from YB to HJ, and his timing seems funny to me. I think he saw Glork attacking HJ, and knowing Glork's ability to get people to follow him he jumped in early as well, hoping that a wagon would form against HJ. Otherwise I don't see the point of this post, as the questions for HJ are not well thought out don't really add a lot to that conversation.

Post #246: Clarifies his unvote of Albert, then FoSes Albert (again) while twisting a statement of Albert's way way out of context. He then asks Guardian why Guardian thinks TCS might be scum.

Post #248, 250: Unsatisfactorily defends his twisting of Albert's words.

Post #252: Defends Guardian against Jack, again answering a statement (not really a question) for someone else.

Post #261: Rolefishing, and stupid to boot. Let's not try to out any masons or other power roles on day 1 please.

Post #264: Back on the soapbox. Basically comes down to not liking Jack posting short posts. He defends Guardian again. Claims he's not attacking Jack, but then FnoSes him (btw, I hate these various levels of FoS; not saying they are scummy, but they
are
stupid).

Post #'s 268, 270, 272, 274, 276, 278: Very weird conversation about claiming town (I think about claiming vanilla town). Can't tell if YB was trying to get Albert to slip up or if it was just banter.

Post #'s 282, 286, 288, 292: Extreme soapboxing here. Attacks Jack for his jokey playstyle, takes the game to a role playing extreme, and culminates in a Jack vote - which is strange. He doesn't give a reason for voting Jack; in fact, Jack hasn't really done anything since YB's earlier FnoS (boo!), yet YB votes him. It seems the vote is placed more because Jack refuses to change his play style than anything else. I don't know that this is scummy, but it could be opportunistic, and its definitely trying to be manipulative.

Post #'s 297, 298: Addendum to the conversation about taking the game seriously.

Post #301, 304, 308, 319, 345: Nothing here, except a small attack against BM and more defense of Guardian.

Post #348: Asks TCS why he joined Guardian's bandwagon

Post #349, 353, 355, 357, 360, 367: Begins a particularly suspicious lurker-hunt for N9V. The timing is incredibly strange and out of the blue, and is a distraction from the Guardian wagon that is forming. I find it most suspicious because he doesn't vote for N9V. When people start voting N9V he attacks them for it, and "takes the high road" of asking for a prod. During this part of the game Guardian constantly refers to YB as noob town. All in all a fairly good distraction away from the Guardian wagon that was forming.

Post #381: Back tracks a little on Guardian, and wants Guardian to answer some points that AE made. Although not as bad, this still falls in the answering/commenting on other people's questions.

Post #393: Good vote for TCS.

Post #399: His first "random" pbpa. Target: TCS. Not a lot of content. He accuses TCS of a bandwagon mentality, although he has mostly bandwagoned throughout the game himself. I really don't mind this post too much. It's a little forced and has a strange feel to it, but TCS isn't a very townie player so far in this game, and I don't mind the vote.

Post #402: Defends himself against AE about his early BM votes/FoSes. Basically a repeat of the unsatisfactory answers he gave me in post #120.

Post #405: Attack's Jack for attacking him.

Post #410: "Random" pbpa. Target: MBL. Again mentions masons. A completely ridiculous and unneeded post. Puts a bunch of "HMMMMM"s in there, which means absolutely nothing. This post seems ridiculously scummy to me and makes his post against TCS look bad. It's like he thought, "well, I did one pbpa and I better do another just to make sure people don't think its strange that I did the first one". This is probably one of the scummiest posts in the game, regardless of player.

Post #'s 425, 426, 439, 441: Defends his "random" pbpas. He can't seem to decide if they were just random, or there were specific reasons he picked those players (especially MBL). Its all rather ridiculous and senseless.

Post #447, 448, 450, 452: Begins his silly "Confirm Vote: TCS" campaign. I am torn a little on this, because I do think TCS has been acting scummy. However, rereading YB gives me the impression that YB is jumping on a screw-up by town. All of YB's posts have actually given me a more townie feel about TCS. YB accuses Jack and TCS of "staging" some posts about TCS always acting scummy or somesuch. Also attacks Jack for defending TCS on metagame information.

Post #'s 455, 459, 460: Guardian in post #453 offered up some kind of picking-out-a-movie-randomly explanation for YB's "random" pbpas. YB latched on to that description and again defends his calling those pbpas "random". When Jack questions him on it he kind of brushes it aside; he then continues his attack on Jack because Jack doesn't feel we can read too much into TCS acting scummy.

Post #467, 470, 474, 481: More attacks of TCS. TCS again goes after Guardian, and YB again defends him. Then Guardian tells YB that his (Guardian's) logic is hypocritcal in post #468. This is a very interesting conversation. It seems that Guardian is trying to coach YB away from defending him so much because he feels he is getting in real trouble. However, this all culminated with another Confirm TCS vote from YB.

Post #'s 516, 520: Another confirm vote for TCS (woohoo!). Again points out TCS contradictory play; YB's really latched onto that and trying for the kill, I think.

Post #'s 625, 627: Again answers someone else's question, this time AE's question to Jack about me.

Post #640: Don't like the way he was baiting Albert here.

Post #692: Defends Guardian against Glork, again.

Post #747: Again answers questions for someone else, this time from MBL to Guardian.

Post #754: Confirm Votes TCS.... Again! YAY

Post #'s 823, 827, 838: The answers to MBL's hypothetical question. Not sure how I feel about these posts, mostly because I am not sure how I feel about how "fair" the question is, and if it really accomplishes anything.

---

What I read from all of this. YB has had 127 posts so far this game. The vast majority have been inconsequential, and most aren't listed in the above analysis. This bothers me, because it feels like a player is trying to look very active without at lot of contribution. YB also constantly accuses people of bandwagoning, although (especially very early) he partook of wagons almost exclusively. His early vote/unvote of BM reeks of scum being caught jumping on a wagon with no reason and then backing down and trying to save face. He seemed very quick to follow Glork's lead in going after HJ. His "random" pbpas are forced and he made several attempts to defend them that seem to slightly contradict each other. He's been OMGUSy with Jack and TCS and he became very manipulative and preachy with Jack about his playstyle.

My biggest problem with YB is that he attacks players who are under scrutiny, but his questions and assessments of their play don't often make a lot of sense. He follows other players leads (even his attack against TCS originated with other players pointing out TCS' on-again/off-again scummy behavior).

Then there is the thing with Guardian. Both players have constantly backed each other up; Guardian even seemed at one point to be asking YB to stop defending him because he thought he was in trouble.
FoS: Guardian

On a side note, with this pbpa I feel much better about TCS, simply because of the way YB has gone after him. I don't think they are mafia together, and TCS could be a a SK, but coupled with TCS' play in Clue and the style that he seems to be adapting lately, he's lowered on my radar now.
unFoS: TCS

Top two candidates for lynch are YB and Guardian.
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:59 pm

Post by Shteven »

Glork wrote:
MrBuddyLee wrote:
Shteven wrote:It's as if he wants to be next. I say, let him.
^ Scummy post.
Gee, it's like Glork was right all those times he called Shteven scum. Fsking crazy how that works!!
Counting your chickens before they hatch? Or do you know something that the rest of don't, such as the list of your scum team, which I'm not on?

FOS: Glork, too opportunistic
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:22 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Albert, we should lynch you on principle for that.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”