Micro 407: Jurassic Park Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:09 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 1160, Scripten wrote:<Snip>
Mathdino:
I'm town. Want confirmation? Ask Beck. He is my townie confirmation. Give me your most detailed read on Grib, please.

In post 1162, Beck wrote:I can't confirm he's town, I can confirm he's telling the truth about his having an ability

At this point, it's an ability that gives notification to its target, but not publicly. There's just a -bare- handful of those, most of which have the -izer suffix. There's even fewer in Normal mechanics (which are in effect per ArcAngel's first post).
In post 1175, Beck wrote:I just remembered this is a theme game and not bound by normal rules. So its possible he can be scum but for now I'll put him in town pile

The role is -probably- Town, but not necessarily. Masonizer is out.
In post 1167, Scripten wrote:Hey Beck, can you give a percentage of how likely it is that I'm town due to my role for everyone? Because it's pretty likely and I kind of need your help here. (Yeah, irony, I know.)

Anyway, BBT, are you still up for a Grib lynch? For serious this time. No reaction tests, promise.

In post 1169, Beck wrote:Until I do more research, I'd say 75% likely

P.edit - I wish I knew he was town

Based on this, it's a role that is usually, but not always, Town
In post 1178, Pine wrote:I'm guessing Neighborizer. It's the only thing that really fits

I've seen Mafia Neighborizers before, it's not a guaranteed Town role. That said, Mafia Neighborizers are rare, Town Neighborizers are merely uncommon

Vote: Grib

Now that the moron convention over Majiffy vs Beck has concluded, can we lynch scum?

Neighborizer is the only thing that comes to mind.

In fact, in researching this reply, I looked at the Normal rules. Neighborizer and Jack of All Trades (with Neighborizer power) are the ONLY roles in the explicitly Normal category that fit. I thought Inventor was non-Normal, but it isn't listed in either location, so it might conceivably be that too.

So, Scripten, now that you've made such a big deal about it, which is it?
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:14 pm

Post by Pine »

[quote=Second post]
Game Setup

Discrete Flavor
Based on Jurassic park theme
Normal mechanics
No bastard[/quote]
Sorry, second post. Which is numbered post 1 for some reason.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:27 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 1467, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:He 'finds out' that Scripten is town somehow.

Check your facts cause this never happened. I still don't know scripten is town.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:32 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 1333, fferyllt wrote:Interesting. I spent some time thinking about this game while driving, and came to the conclusion that Pine reminds me a little of scum-SpyreX in a couple games we'd played because he's put relatively little info about his scumreads into the game, as well as the huzzah type posts he made in reply to a few things I posted.

The first time I played with SpyreX I was kinda wowed by his reputation and brushed over the lack of doing-stuff content.

Rereading this aftgernoon to make sure my on-the-road memory was accurate.

Rereading the bits I missed. Ffery, what of 1333 did you want a response to? There's no question here:
In post 1333, fferyllt wrote:Interesting. I spent some time thinking about this game while driving, and came to the conclusion that Pine reminds me a little of scum-SpyreX in a couple games we'd played because he's put relatively little info about his scumreads into the game, as well as the huzzah type posts he made in reply to a few things I posted.

The first time I played with SpyreX I was kinda wowed by his reputation and brushed over the lack of doing-stuff content.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:34 pm

Post by Pine »

Ugh, I am seriously driving the struggle bus with quotes tonight

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:48 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 1477, Beck wrote:
In post 1467, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:He 'finds out' that Scripten is town somehow.

Check your facts cause this never happened. I still don't know scripten is town.

Btw, why would a townie be mad about this if it was true? As a townie if I could somehow scratch 2 possible names off my list of suspects I'd be ecstatic.

Seems to me you are butt hurt scum that has lost 2 townies from your mislynch pool to me...
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:51 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 1479, Pine wrote:Ugh, I am seriously driving the struggle bus with quotes tonight

Vote bbt
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by Pine »

Yeah, probably. We're not up against a deadline yet, and I only just jumped back in on this. I like to squeeze what I can from each day, rather than lurching wildly from one rabid tunnel to the next

I'm still trying to figure out how the Grib wagon, which was nearly unanimous, disintegrated

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:06 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 1178, Pine wrote:I'm guessing Neighborizer. It's the only thing that really fits

I've seen Mafia Neighborizers before, it's not a guaranteed Town role. That said, Mafia Neighborizers are rare, Town Neighborizers are merely uncommon

Vote: Grib

Now that the moron convention over Majiffy vs Beck has concluded, can we lynch scum?

Right, okay.

This quote makes me feel better. Carry on.

Apologies, Pine, but I don't feel it prudent to continue discussing my role. It'll make sense eventually, promise.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1478, Pine wrote:

Rereading the bits I missed. Ffery, what of 1333 did you want a response to? There's no question here:
In post 1333, fferyllt wrote:Interesting. I spent some time thinking about this game while driving, and came to the conclusion that Pine reminds me a little of scum-SpyreX in a couple games we'd played because he's put
relatively little info about his scumreads into the game, as well as the huzzah type posts
he made in reply to a few things I posted.

Mostly I wanted you to disagree with my characterization of your play if you think it's not accurate. I realize that "hey I feel like you're playing in my blind spot and that's something that keeps happening with good MS players of a certain vintage who keep turning out to be scum" isn't something really refutable.

Have you played with Beck before?
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 1467, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Let's entertain the crazy possibility that Beck could be scum.

He 'finds out' that Scripten is town somehow. Scripten is practically conf town to everyone. In turn, Beck seems to be universally town-read, and I feel that it has a lot to do with what has happened between Scripten and himself.

Now, Beck has this town-cred, Beck or his buddy kills Scripten. Scripten flips town!, Beck gains more town-cred for confirming Scripten as town and proceeds to breeze through the game.

How does that sound?

Well I thought it was a lovely story... You tell it SO WELL, with such enthusiasm.

But riddle me this batman. How would I as scum conspire this plan if scripten is town and I was scum who has no idea what role scripten had to begin with?

Also scripten can tell you what happened in the qt, what I said when he asked me to confirm him as town day 2.

The ONLY way this plan works is if we are scum together and then that doesnt even work as a good idea.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 1482, Pine wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how the Grib wagon, which was nearly unanimous, disintegrated

I don't think grib ever got to l-1
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:22 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Wow, I didn't think of that at all.

I might be persuaded to switch to a BBT lynch today actually. His Beck tunneling doesn't make any sense, along with the fact that he suddenly backed off of Grib once everyone wanted to vote him.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:32 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 1484, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1478, Pine wrote:

In post 1333, fferyllt wrote:Interesting. I spent some time thinking about this game while driving, and came to the conclusion that Pine reminds me a little of scum-SpyreX in a couple games we'd played because he's put
relatively little info about his scumreads into the game, as well as the huzzah type posts
he made in reply to a few things I posted.

Mostly I wanted you to disagree with my characterization of your play if you think it's not accurate. I realize that "hey I feel like you're playing in my blind spot and that's something that keeps happening with good MS players of a certain vintage who keep turning out to be scum" isn't something really refutable.

Have you played with Beck before?

I disagree in general with analyzing people using the meta of entirely different players, but your opinion is your opinion.

Yes, I've played a few games with Beck and read several others. He tends to have a very transparent difference between Town and scum. Pants-on-head ubertunneling is his Town MO
In post 1486, Beck wrote:
In post 1482, Pine wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how the Grib wagon, which was nearly unanimous, disintegrated

I don't think grib ever got to l-1

Irrelevant. There was a point near day start where every player except BBT and Grib himself endorsed a Grib lynch

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:40 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1488, Pine wrote:Pants-on-head ubertunneling is his Town MO

I wondered because I was the first to call him pants on head town here, and it seemed like you picked it right up along with my very thin meta description of his scum game vs what I'm seeing here, in my second game with him.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by Pine »

It's a good term. You're not the first I've heard it from, but hearing it from you reminded me of how fond I am of it

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:31 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 1477, Beck wrote:

OK, if we're going to be pedantic. You said you were pretty sure Scripten was town, like 75% or something like that.

In post 1480, Beck wrote:
Btw, why would a townie be mad about this if it was true? As a townie if I could somehow scratch 2 possible names off my list of suspects I'd be ecstatic.

Seems to me you are butt hurt scum that has lost 2 townies from your mislynch pool to me...

I just told you why I'm suspicious of it. I can't simply scratch 2 names off my lynch list because you can quite easily still be scum.

In post 1485, Beck wrote:
Well I thought it was a lovely story... You tell it SO WELL, with such enthusiasm.

But riddle me this batman. How would I as scum conspire this plan if scripten is town and I was scum who has no idea what role scripten had to begin with?

Also scripten can tell you what happened in the qt, what I said when he asked me to confirm him as town day 2.

The ONLY way this plan works is if we are scum together and then that doesnt even work as a good idea.

Well, you see, it's very simple.

You simply decided to do it at the start of D2. It's not a plan that you 'hatched', it's an opportunity that has presented itself to you.
In post 1487, Mathdino wrote:Wow, I didn't think of that at all.

I might be persuaded to switch to a BBT lynch today actually. His Beck tunneling doesn't make any sense, along with the fact that he suddenly backed off of Grib once everyone wanted to vote him.

Yeah, it doesn't take much to persuade you, does it?

Seems as you're so convinced Beck can't be scum, you can have my vote.

VOTE: Math
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:35 am

Post by Beck »

1. Ask scripten what my reaction was last night. Also look at me day 2, I had to research first and the. I still wasn't convinced completely. If I was scum, I would immediately started buddying him.

2. That makes literally no sense if you are Town, so you are scum

3. You fail so bad, that literally makes no sense

4. Why math and not me? Or pine (you know, the guy who you wanted to hammer? ) Or scripten or fferly? All seem convinced I'm not scum
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:42 am

In post 1492, Beck wrote:1. Ask scripten what my reaction was last night. Also look at me day 2, I had to research first and the. I still wasn't convinced completely. If I was scum, I would immediately started buddying him.

2. That makes literally no sense if you are Town, so you are scum

3. You fail so bad, that literally makes no sense

4. Why math and not me? Or pine (you know, the guy who you wanted to hammer? ) Or scripten or fferly? All seem convinced I'm not scum

Yeah, it's hard looking from the outside in. But, maybe you couldn't come out and simply claim Scripten is 100% town because Scripten knows that you cannot know for sure he is town? If that makes sense. Like, you can have a good idea that he is town, but you can't know for certain. Therefore, it would be stupid for you to come out and claim that to be the case.

Just insults for 2 and 3? I'll move on.

Well, I chose Math because, you know, I think he is scum. That's how this game works right? You vote for who you think is scum in the hope that people listen and lynch that person?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:51 am

Post by Beck »

In post 1493, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:simply claim Scripten is 100% town because Scripten knows that you cannot know for sure he is town?

Do me a favor, ask scripten what he asked me to do and what my response was.

Thanks
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:54 am

Post by Beck »

In post 1493, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Well, I chose Math because, you know, I think he is scum. That's how this game works right? You vote for who you think is scum in the hope that people listen and lynch that person?

So you dont think pine is scum? Why did you give intent to hammer on him if you didn't think he was scum?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:56 am

Post by Beck »

I mean pine is closest to a Lynch so if you were really trying to lynch a scum read, pine would have made more sense. Seema like he was only a viable option when he was at l-1 which speaks VOLUMES to how scummy you are
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:15 am

Post by Pine »

Dude, BBT is scum, but bad logic. I'm going after Grib despite BBT being closer.

GodDAMN I hate bad logic. It weakens an otherwise good case

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:17 am

Post by Beck »

No bad logic here bro
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:20 am

In post 1495, Beck wrote:
So you dont think pine is scum? Why did you give intent to hammer on him if you didn't think he was scum?

Why do you repeat questions I have answered?

I quite clearly stated my reasons for the intent to hammer.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”