Micro 407: Jurassic Park Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:59 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 1299, Beck wrote:
In post 1168, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:So, Beck and Scripten know each other to be town?

Not to mention this question only has scum motivation IMO.

The vca part is the way you avoided the jiffy wagon for no good reason at all and out of the players on my l-1 wagon where almost certain 1 person is scum, your play has been the most scummiest I have seen. If math was scum id be able to make a case for him, I can't cause I haven't seen anything really scummy.

Nah, that's me trying to work out what the hell was going on.

I avoided the Majiffy wagon because I thought Majiffy was town. No, you're right, I had no reason to avoid that wagon at all.

Do you really think I'm the type of player who is scared of being on a wagon that lynches a townie when I'm scum? Come on now, if that's your reason for scum-reading me then you need to re-evaluate because it's just plain wrong.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:04 am

Post by Beck »

In post 1300, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Do you really think I'm the type of player who is scared of being on a wagon that lynches a townie when I'm scum?

Idk are you?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:05 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Haha, nice try.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:08 am

Post by Beck »

I mean you threw out the self meta yourself there by implying you wouldn't. So by your own logic you are scum. Self vote please
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:10 am

Post by Beck »

If you were town I think you would be able to put together a case on a person that actually makes sense. I don't think you have come remotely close to doing that all game. None of your votes have come for reasons that are actually scummy.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:34 am

Post by Scripten »

Alright, so people are practically silent right now. This is not cool.

UNVOTE: Grib
VOTE: BBT
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:59 am

Post by Pine »

In post 1299, Beck wrote:So, Beck and Scripten know each other to be town?

The vca part is the way
you avoided the jiffy wagon for no good reason at all
and out of the players on my l-1 wagon where almost certain 1 person is scum, your play has been the most scummiest I have seen. If math was scum id be able to make a case for him, I can't cause I haven't seen anything really scummy.[/quote]
Are you still trying to argue yesterday's mislynch? Seriously?
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:20 am

Post by Beck »

I'm doing more than you have done, so save the criticism thank you
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:46 am

Post by Beck »

Pine, cause I'm having trouble finding it. Can you restate your case on grib. I can't find where you have made convincing arguments on why he's scum.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:08 pm

Post by Pine »

Are you shitting me?

1) No, you haven't done more than I have. You've posted more times with less substance, but that's not the same thing

2) ISO me. I've posted about Grib dozens of times
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:19 pm

Post by Beck »

You posts don't have as much substance as you think they do. Majority of your posts could easily be tossed in the filler pile. Buddying me and trying to referee arguments is all that stands out.

And I did try to search your posts, its why I asked you to restate them cause I don't really see any good reasons.

Now please restate your case
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:03 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 534, Pine wrote:Grib's eagerness to hammer is VERY scummy. He clearly wants to, but wants approval for it. Mathdino's response in 529 is pure Town. Town will hold off to let people get their say, not out of hesitation of "Am I doing his right"

Srsly, I'd love to policy lynch Beck as an absolute prat, but he's really, really Town

Grib is the correct lynch. When I have time, I'll analyze the Beck wagon, I have a feeling it's a scum-inspired counterwagon

This was the first negative thing you said.about grib, you had a town read on him earlier and at some point it changed with no reasoning. This eagerness to hammer was also proven false as there was no eagerness at all and certainty no seeking of approval z Finn I beleiev was the one who called you out on that and you got uber defensive about it.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:05 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 703, Pine wrote:moved off of him when my second choice (Grib) looked more viable for the day

This could easily be described as opportunistic, especially paired with the bad reason.you gave, the one.that wasn't even true
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:08 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 785, Pine wrote:What, this question? Fuck off, scum, that's a loaded question.

This response.to grib is not a townie response
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:13 pm

Post by Beck »

So basically you give 1 weak/untrue reason, get defensive/overreact when called out about it, and.then when grib asks you questions you fly off the rails. You have been trying to buddy me all game and been wk'ing the entire game also.

vote: pine

Bbt will get rope tomorrow
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:17 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Congratulations guys, we now have 5 votes on 5 different players.

Walls incoming. Currently on page 10 and I'm getting a way better grasp on the game now that I'm writing about it.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:38 pm

Post by Beck »

I was blinded by the buddying but I can't anymore. Pine is scum.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Hmm, from my reread, I can see that in a way. Removing Scripten, the possible teams right now are Beck/BBT, Beck/fferyllt, Beck/Grib, Beck/Pine, BBT/fferyllt, BBT/Grib, BBT/Pine, fferyllt/Grib, fferyllt/Pine, Grib/Pine.

Inclined to slash Beck/fferyllt and Beck/Grib for voting patterns. Beck/Pine is dumb. BBT/fferyllt and Beck/fferyllt seem unlikely based on a quick ISO of Finn; he took sides on BBT and Beck early on but then changed his mind fluidly and seemingly independently of the chaos around him. That leaves BBT/Grib, BBT/Pine, fferyllt/Grib, fferyllt/Pine, Grib/Pine. 380 pings me a bit on the possibility of fferyllt/Grib, will have to look over this later.

Anyway point is, Pine's initial push on BBT could very well make sense from a scum standpoint trying to get BBT to stop the tunneling on something pointless. So far though, I'm a little more inclined to see BBT/Grib than BBT/Pine. Will let you know how I feel about this later on.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:57 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I suppose the bright side of this is from my standpoint, there MUST be scum in {Grib, Pine}. So that's useful to consider.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:14 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1267, Scripten wrote:Alright, who's got townread (anyone you will not even compromise lynch) lists for me? I want to know where everyone stands right now.

Also this:

Lynch Pools (Lynches spawned from tunnels are bolded; Reaction-test/Associatives/PoE are italicized)

Scripten:
Grib
Mathdino
, BBT
Beck:
Grib
Pine
BBT

Mathdino:
Grib
Pine

Grib: Mathdino, Pine
Pine: Grib,
BBT

BBT: Mathdino,
Beck

Fferyllt: Grib, BBT

As always, correct me if this is a misrep.

Town Pools

Scripten: Fferyllt, Beck
Beck: Scripten
Mathdino: Scripten
Grib: Scripten, BBT, Beck
Pine: Scripten
BBT: Scripten, Grib
Fferyllt: Scripten

This is actually rather helpful. IMO it reinforces the idea of fferyllt/Pine. Will look over fferyllt's posts since the fact that they're out of each other's lynchpools is probably significant.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:16 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Alright, I'm gonna treat this as a sort of catchup post. Won't be chronological, gonna be adding to different topics as I go; this'll serve more as notes for me and I'll write up my conclusions in the next post. Here we go.

Okay I just got to page 20 and this is way too much so I'm just gonna keep reading and post thoughts as I go. Beginning to reconsider Grib/Pine as even making sense, seeing as they both parked their vote on BBT for a long period of time. Granted, Pine did move on to tunneling Grib for a long while later on. Hmm. Gotta get back to this.

Grib vs BBT

Pretty much originated from Grib seeming to think that carnivores are the scum and herbivores are town (which I wouldn't say is that far fetched, mostly), and BBT jumps and claims it's a scumslip because Grib assumed something based on the mod's intro. Now, this is dumb. However, both of them here seem to be in a confused town mindset. Grib then backs off a bit and says his dinosaur's personality "loathes the very existence of carnivores" and after I claim carnivorous town, says "If someone else confirms that Carnivores can be town I'll buy it".

BBT doesn't really expand on the scumslip theory, but the very fact that it makes no sense and seems more of a conspiracy type theory gives townpoints to BBT, since I think stretching it like this oftentimes comes from a townmindset than a scum one. This post exemplifies what I'm talking about. "He tried to give a townslip but I read it as a scumslip". Again, dumb theory, but from a town mindset.

Now see, this case by Grib on BBT is also dumb, in essence, calling BBT scum for tunneling. But at the same time, it's not dumb in the "I've got this crazy conspiracy theory" sense, it's dumb in the "Look at this guy's dumb arguments, let's lynch him for it!" sense. Looks bad. BBT then continues to tunnel Grib but one of the good points he made was here, referencing Grib associating BBT and Beck. Funnily enough, this gives me the feeling that Grib/BBT is possible and Grib was trying to line up a lynch on a townie after getting cred from bussing. BBT's harebrained theories above actually make sense if he's stretching to attempt to bus. Will keep this in mind.

Okay this post after BBT switches to Beck is laughable and also a bit weird. It's like Grib is asking BBT to tunnel him again.

Pine vs BBT

Goes after BBT for , soft defending Grib in the process. Claims that BBT was going after low-hanging fruit. Bit fishy here, but a small issue with Grib/Pine would be their voting together, which seems a bit odd, though not impossible.

Huh, okay,
here insanity points out Pine's defenciveness of Grib, which does seem to hold some ground. Then BBT townreads insanity for agreeing with him, which is a lil bit iffy, but not too much for suspicion.

Pine and BBT go at it again from 202, where Pine gives reads and they bash each other's thoughts. BBT makes an ass out of himself talking about Pine having fewer reads than he does, but otherwise it's just general over-aggressiveness. What does ping that I didn't notice before was "To avoid the hypocrisy that was almost this post" by Pine; he asks BBT to give his thoughts and then makes an effort to not be a hypocrite. Town shouldn't have to try to act town or avoid hypocrisy.

The Beck Wagon

Scripten goes after Beck, Beck responds by pointing out that he voted Beck for not giving reads while quoting him giving reads on 3 people, and voted Scripten. Admittedly the first time I went through this I thought it was scummy for OMGUS but Beck did make a good point here, just not communicating it well. Not going to comment on the majority of the Scripten/Beck tunneling because Scripten's town and most of this is painful to analyse, but suffice it to say, I can see how Beck would've been incredulous at Scripten's points. Then Beck seems to derp some more on setup thinking that scum are omnivores (this is after saying he was going on about assuming carnivores wouldn't be scum). Townpoints here, doesn't seem like something scum would do.

Grib goes after Beck in 115. At this point, Grib has participated in all the loudest players' conflicts (Grib and BBT, Scripten and Beck) while ignoring the rest (Pine, yung, insanity).

The Beck wagon is mostly quiet (ignoring most of the Scripten/Beck bickering) until he starts tunneling Scripten and BBT, fed up with Beck refusing to put his vote anywhere else, votes him. Now, I concede that if one's looking at merely BBT's ISO, this looks bad. However, in context and actually reading through the game, I can see how BBT went there. So that's pretty much null.

The FinnLaw/fferyllt Slot

FinnLaw's first few posts look alright. 190 is pretty town. Scum shouldn't find it hard to pick a side and go with it. Finn probably had the same issues I did getting into the game. Unfortunately, like I said above, 377 gives me flashes of Finn/Grib, considering the fact that he was townreading Grib the entire game but half encourages people to join the wagon, if I'm not misinterpreting.

The Scripten Wagon

What even happened here... Okay so Scripten asks for votes on Pine, BBT joins him, at which point insanity, Grib, and Beck all jump on Scripten, forcing him to softclaim. I think it goes without saying that BBT and Grib are the strangest aspects of this (Finn had his vote parked on Scripten from a while ago). But while BBT already had issues with Pine, Grib's participation was definitely off, especially when asked to provide reasons, saying Scripten's naked vote wasn't what made him join the wagon, yet "In fact, it actually helped a little". Then after the softclaim, Grib heads back to BBT. To actually listen to the thoughts of the dead, insanity states here that it's likely scum was involved, and comes to the conclusion that Grib's vote was indeed fishy (how validating).

Hmm, things from the past. Here Scripten responds to Grib (who said Scripten either gets lynched and flips town, claims and gets shot and flips town, or live and get confirmed). Scripten just says that the idea that he'll get shot is untrue, and refuses to explain any more than that a hard claim would nullify his role.

The yung/Majiffy Wagon

This'll be fun. Starts out with BBT calling him out for lurking. Not too bad, pressure vote, pretty much what I did. Then insanity and Scripten joined it after he explained his 'random' vote, and Scripten left after yung got force replaced. Now. Finn backing off and questioning the yung wagon is townish, have to give him that.

Grib vs Pine

Starts here after Grib keeps talking about Scripten and BBT being unaligned; Pine says Grib had lost all town cred right there.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:21 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1240, Grib wrote:The scumteam is Mathdino and one of [Pine, fferyllt]. This is assuming there are no third parties.

I'm town. Scripten is likely town based on his role. Beck is probably town based on D1 and almost getting himself lynched multiple times. BBT is likely town for not capitalizing on my wagon, despite me being on everyone's lynch list -- he was after me all yesterDay, and if he voted me toDay, nobody would even blink. Easy mislynch for him.

And since I believe fferyllt and Pine are nka, that leaves Mathdino. If I'm lynched toDay, focus on those three.

Discuss. I want everyone to be as clear and straightforward as possible toDay.

Yeah, so I'm reading up until 30 and I still can't decide between Grib and Pine. That said, this logic sucks considering it throws out the possibility of Pine/fferyllt and also seems to inexplicably leave BBT alone for townreading him. It's just all kinds of fishy. If Grib/BBT is a thing, they're backing off each other only once a lynch on Grib becomes a possible reality, and if BBT is town, it's like Grib is trying not to provoke him by starting up that argument again.

I'm gonna have to
VOTE: Grib
here. If it's not him, it must be Pine.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:37 pm

Post by Grib »

Oh, it's possible that fferyllt/Pine is the scumteam. I just don't think so. But I'm open to cases.

I'm not leaving BBT alone for townreading me, full stop -- I'm leaving him alone for townreading me when it would be so much easier and less noticeable if he were to continue to push my lynch. He risks getting lynched for this sudden 180 when people would likely not think it odd if he were to keep up with his tunnel of me. Don't leave out the important part, please.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1290, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Here's where I'm at right now.

Town

Scripten
Ffery
Grib
Pine
Math
Beck

Scum

Don't like Pine's push on Grib. Feels contrived.

Don't have much else to add. Apathy is taking over.

Got a question, BBT. So you're clearly cool with either a me lynch or a BBT lynch today. Yet yesterday I believe you said that because BBT and I both sheeped Grib's case at the same time, it makes it unlikely that we're scum together.

Do you still think me/Beck isn't a possibility?
If not, who's the partner for either of us?

Edit: Right, which is what makes me think it's either you guys backing off each other to avoid actually lynching, or alternatively you backing off BBT so he won't tunnel you again.
Still got 20 pages to go, and I've read nothing fferyllt's said. However, from Finn's posts alone, I think I can rule out Finn being scum with anyone other than you and Pine. Finn barely mentioned Pine in his ISO, so nothing to make me think otherwise. I'll figure this out.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by Mathdino »

EBWOP: *either a me lynch or a Beck lynch

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”