~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:59 am

Post by ~N9V~ »

Ahh, now I see it. O.K, so how do you play this game? When someone is lynched turns up town, do you attack someone who defended him? Or someone totally random who said absolutly shit all about the guy who was lynched? No, you go after he who attacked him the most.

And about who I was planting seeds for the lynch, no I wasn't. iwas saying then we would at least have leads on who to go for today. And no, I wasn't implying myself. I didn;t attack him the most. I attacked him, yes, but not the most.

Again, I'm not liking where your going with. Sure I have made scummy posts. So have you. I'm not perect at this game, neither are you, so if your looking at peoples posts whowere scummy, make sure that they are scummy scummy, not just scummy.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:17 am

Post by Off the Mark »

~N9V~ wrote:Ahh, now I see it. O.K, so how do you play this game? When someone is lynched turns up town, do you attack someone who defended him? Or someone totally random who said absolutly shit all about the guy who was lynched? No, you go after he who attacked him the most.
I am still figuring out how to play this game. :) But I think the best way to play is to identify scummy behavior. Scummy behavior can be attacking someone who is town, or it can be lurking, or leaping on a bandwagon for no good reason. An attacker could be scum or he could be just wrong. That's where we have to look at his reasons. Looking back, I think
was
a little overzealous on Day 1 and I am trying to be more careful today, so I don't jump to conclusions. My current vote on CTD is because I feel we need to hear from him. At this point, I have no idea if he is scum or not.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:33 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

^^ Of course an essential part of playing mafia is to identify scummy behavior, but it is my thinking that picking over current posts for possible slip-ups or motives becomes less and less important as solid information is produced by lynches and nightkills. During Day 1, all we had to go on were our feelings and our posts; nobody could be truely blamed for voting for N-L because we didn't know he was town. Now we do, and that changes our perspective greatly. Speculations as to scummy behavior are still important, but we should rely on our solid information first.

In this vein, I do not ask ~NV9~ to explain the "scummines" of his posts, but rather his the path of his thoughts on Day 1. Please do not attack the question (ala post 326) just answer:
-Why did you vote Nekka-Lucifer?
-Were you certain he was scum or did you just want a lynch to gather information(or speed up the game)?
-Did you feel like you were joining a wagon and did you consider the consequences of that?
-Do you think there's anyone who might also have to explain themselves?

Maybe it's just me, but I greatly prefer it when things like this are out in the open. In my opinion, it's easy for the scum to hide behind posts that look townie, but they can't fake the way they thought through the day.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:58 am

Post by ~N9V~ »

I agree that an attacker could be wrong, but still. We need to get leads somewhere, instead of lynching random people. And i'm not attacking you, don;t worry. I still find that you are protown. YOu just need to make sure that what you type is what you mean. Also, to I think it was pickem, you beleive I'm the SK, because I can pick out their kill from a vig or a mafia? That is some pretty shit-logic.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:17 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Mod:
I beleive some votes aren't being counted. I know I voted for CTD and so did OTM. I don't have time to check the rest of the thread right now, but there could be more.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:35 am

Post by bobbyplump »

I voted for OTM
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:35 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

I'm working on a post.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:46 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

~N9V~ wrote:I. Also, to I think it was pickem, you beleive I'm the SK, because I can pick out their kill from a vig or a mafia? That is some pretty shit-logic.
Where did I say it was because you can pick out the kill from a vig or mafia?
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:53 pm

Post by PJ. »

Correct Vote Count

pickemgenius - 2(Crashtextdummie, ~N9V~)
CrashTextDummie - 2(NabakovNabakov, OffTheMark
Off the Mark - 1(bobbyplump)

Not Voting - (Stewie, Hjallti, pickemgenius, Aimee)

With 9 alive, it takes
to lynch.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:40 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

looking forward to CTD's post
Hjallti
Hjallti
Goon
Hjallti
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:34 am

Post by Hjallti »

First of all, I modded a (real life) game where after a daylynch we were at 1SK, 2 mafia and 2 town, and guess what... town won. So lets hope that we get mafia rather than SK first. (The SK could claim, I wouldn't vote on him.... today (in the case I would believe the claim)).

I have another question for ~N9V~
Why did you never use your newbie experience (getting lynched day one as town, because you were overdefensive) to defend NL?

Reason for my question: It is so obvious you were doing the same back then. (for those who wonder, as said before, at some point I was convinced Nekka should have changed tactics if he was town, but I think at his age that kind of abstraction failed him)
[i]"Early experiments in transportation" Gary Larson[/i]

I stopped playing and modding here Friday the 13th, due to real life. finishing the hawks game however.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:46 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Off the Mark wrote:looking forward to CTD's post
QFT

I've never seen a post somebody worked 72 hours straight on. It should be a masterpiece.

Also, ~NV9~: Try as I might, I can't understand your last post. It seems like you were responding to my post, yet you didn't answer any of my questions. You just said that lynching random people is bad and told me to "make sure that what you type is what you mean." Please don't think that will be enough to dismiss my questions.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:49 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I think he was responding to my post about going after the attacker. Not sure why he ignored your questions, though. I also think it would be good to see him answer those.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:50 am

Post by Stewie »

Off the Mark wrote: I also think it would be good to see him answer those.
Agreed; we need to get this game moving forward somehow.
~N9V~
~N9V~
Goon
~N9V~
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by ~N9V~ »

Yeah, will post the answere. I didn't skip it, just haven't had time to respond. Can't right now, brother needs the comp..
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:58 pm

Post by bobbyplump »

Just so people know, I'm still around. There just hasn't been anything worth commenting on for awhile. Let's get moving.
I'm your huckleberry.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:02 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Oh yeah before I forget I will be gone fron June 20th-26th.
Might be leaving tomorrow not sure yet.

I should have IE, but not alot of time to post, so just giving you all a heads up.

Going to watch the Yankees Vs. Rockies series, one both me and the mod can agree the Rockies should win... :lol:
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:22 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Hey CTD, I'm glad you're having fun over there in Board Games Mafia, but it would be nice if you posted here.

Please :(
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:36 am

Post by bobbyplump »

CTD is posting in other threads but not here? Maybe a little more pressure will help.

Unvote: OTM
Vote: CTD
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:00 am

Post by bobbyplump »

This is getting rediculous. Anybody interested in playing this game or should I just forget about it?
I'm your huckleberry.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:01 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I think many of us are waiting for CTD's contribution.
bobbyplump
bobbyplump
Goon
bobbyplump
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:17 am

Post by bobbyplump »

I'm through waiting.
I'm your huckleberry.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:53 am

Post by NabakovNabakov »

Urgh

The best way for a game to stall is for those under attack to just stop posting. It completely kills discussion.

~NV9~ please answer the questions posed to you or make some sort of other defense

Mod:
Can you stick CTD's prod in the fireplace for a little bit before you poke him with it this time. If he's going to hide from the thread, we should probably just get a replacement.

Aimee, Stewie, it would be nice if you two chimed in too.
Show

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:02 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

*sigh*

I was gonna finish my post, but I almost fell asleep over it. However, seeing as this game apparently cannot go on without me posting, I'll at least get out my case against A Papaya (aka Pickemgenius):

The reason I voted him originally was this post:
A Papaya wrote:Ahh Crap, 3 townies dead and no Mafia. This is, IMO, a good time to do something about OTM, who initially made a strong point for lynching NL. Can someone do an analysis of his posts? I would, but I'm pressed for time.
First of all, this kind of comment on a nightkill (or nightkills) always feels disingenuous to me. Newbie scum often do it in an attempt to sound sympathetic, while townies generally don't feel the need to do it because it's mutually agreed between them that losing pro-town players suck. Also, we didn't lose any power roles, so it wasn't actually a terrible night.

Secondly, he points at OTM as the main culprit behind the N-L lynch, which is both factually wrong and more than a little hypocritical in my opinion:
1. The player who made the original, tide-changing case against N-L was Stewie.
2. A Papaya himself was among the main advocates for a N-L lynch.

Ever since page 4, A Papaya was either FoSing or voting N-L. Even when he took his vote off briefly, he made sure to maintain suspicion of N-L. This part of the game contains some more hypocrisy:
A Papaya wrote:Also, I really hate his vote hopping. It's like he hopes that he'll vote for someone who responds by acting scummy and then he'll be saved.

So for now, since he is acting the scummiest, reVote: N-L
He hates the vote hopping. Kinda ironic that his next two posts contained vote-hops. These switches from N-L to Hjallti and back feel to me like he was going with the momentum of the town, and not like a pro-town player changing his mind.

His D2 posts, finally, are little more than an exercise in backpedalling:
1. The suspicion he voices against OtM at the beginning of D2 is quickly backtracked from in his post 281.
2. Not only is he not suspicious of Hjallti anymore, he now full-out defends him.
3. His explanation for this is that he could only see Hjallti and N-L as a scum-pair, and the latter being innocent makes the former look innocent as well. This comes completely out of the blue, as he never mentioned this connection before.
A Papaya wrote:NL has acted scummy far more than Hjallti, IMO. While I do think that Hjallti is most likely scum, NL, IMO, is most certainly scum, so it's a safer bet to lynch him now.
While this post (the last of real substance in this matter) does state that he is suspicious of both of them individually, it doesn't translate at all into suspecting them as a scum-pair.

It's a shame he got replaced, because I really would have liked hearing an explanation for why Hjallti couldn't be scum without N-L.

Speaking of his replacement:
pickemgenius wrote:So overall

OTM- You could very well be scum. I also get a town vibe in that you are actually looking for scum, you just post an asswad(which is good) so I get more from you then others.

~N9V~- Unless I see improvment you're in the middle.

NN- I feel really pretty good about ATM.

Stewie- I feel is alright ATM.

HJ- I feel is town. I honestly believe all mistakes were noob mistakes.

BP- I get an anti-town feel from you. SK or Mafia.

CTD- umm. who again?

Aimee- Need more in the middle.
How spectacularly non-committal. Four people are "in the middle/alright", 2 people he "feels are town/feels really pretty good about", one "could be scum but also gives town-vibes" and only one he actually suspects.

This is the prototype of a lazy scum-analysis, as it steps on as few toes as possible and leaves as little information to trace back as possible.

His reason for suspecting BP (which, I repeat for emphasis, is his
only
suspect) is also incredibly lackluster. And wrong:
pickemgenius wrote:You want to go after the SK first, which makes me think of you as scum a little bit.
It is good pro-town strategy to go after the SK first, because lynching him eliminates a nightkill. It's not always the most feasible strategy because SKs are traditionally harder to catch just by analysis, seeing as they have no partners you can link them to and generally benefit from playing just like a townie, but that doesn't make lynching him first a bad idea.

The only point in pickemgeniuses favor is that ~N9V~ is voting him, who I am also very suspicious of. But more on this, along with a detailed analysis of all the players still alive and some insight into my gameplay choices so far to follow tomorrow or the day after, depending on how much time I can make available.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”