Micro 407: Jurassic Park Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:08 am

Post by Beck »

I just remembered this is a theme game and not bound by normal rules. So its possible he can be scum but for now I'll put him in town pile
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:10 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1, ArcAngel9 wrote:
Game Setup

Discrete Flavor
Based on Jurassic park theme
Normal mechanics
No bastard
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:22 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1160, Scripten wrote:Hm, Insanity was a good player, but I was definitely expecting someone else to get NK'd.

VOTE: Grib

Hi Grib. You are my first choice for scum. Explain to me why you just sat back over the course of the end of D1 rather than trying to solve the game.

I sat back because BBT was being a complete pain in my ass and I wanted a break.

Anyway.

Majiffy r yungh0mo
insanity018
Grib

Scripten
Beck

fferyllt r FinnLaw
Mathdino

BlueBloodedToffee
Pine

As long as Scripten/Beck haven't completely duped us (which I doubt, if Scripten is what I think he is), lynching in the bottom four will win town the game. I'm gonna go through dead interactions tonight after work.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:51 am

Post by Pine »

I'm guessing Neighborizer. It's the only thing that really fits

I've seen Mafia Neighborizers before, it's not a guaranteed Town role. That said, Mafia Neighborizers are rare, Town Neighborizers are merely uncommon

Vote: Grib

Now that the moron convention over Majiffy vs Beck has concluded, can we lynch scum?
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:52 am

Post by Beck »

ok so I feel better about scripten being town after the searching I just did. still not 100% but yeah this does help narrow the pool down quite a bit.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:25 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 1168, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
PEdit - I think Grib is town Scripten.

Why this?

I'd be semi-okay with a Mathdino lynch, but I'm not totally sold yet.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:26 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Because I do. I think I had him wrong D1.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:30 am

Post by Grib »

Given there's a wagon forming on me and BBT is backing off, I'll say he's town for toDay.

The Lynch Pool to Victory is now [fferyllt, Mathdino, Pine].
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:35 am

Post by Beck »

In post 1182, Grib wrote:Given there's a wagon forming on me and BBT is backing off, I'll say he's town for toDay.

making a mental note, if I am ever scum and you are town...
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:38 am

Post by Grib »

;)

I'm just trying to keep things simple for the moment.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:42 am

Post by Mathdino »

PoE tells me the scum are in {Grib, Pine, fferylt}, since I trust Scripten's meta on BBT as said earlier, I trust Beck to confirm Scripten as town, and I HIGHLY doubt Scripten/Beck is a thing (where they set up the whole town confirmation D2 thing) because of Beck's indifference to getting almost lynched a few times. If Beck got lynched, Scripten would have no one to 'confirm' him, and then would be lynched.

Much to what I expect would be insanity's chagrin, I'm still townreading FinnLaw, though I haven't gotten enough of fferylt as to her realtime interactions with people to get a read on Finn's current incarnation. So if I had to guess, it'd be Grib/Pine.

Will go back and run a few ISOs to see if that's consistent.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:49 am

Post by Scripten »

Spoiler: Pulling from these posts
In post 1158, Mathdino wrote:Funny, that's exactly who I was expecting apart from Scripten. insanity's been more of an outsider to the clusterfuck all game. A flip on anyone inside {BBT, Grib, Scripten, Pine, Beck} would give us a TON of info.

Scripten
, I fully expect confirmation in your first post.

In post 1160, Scripten wrote:Hm, Insanity was a good player, but I was definitely expecting someone else to get NK'd.

VOTE: Grib

Hi Grib. You are my first choice for scum. Explain to me why you just sat back over the course of the end of D1 rather than trying to solve the game.

Mathdino:
I'm town. Want confirmation? Ask Beck. He is my townie confirmation. Give me your most detailed read on Grib, please.

BBT:
I notice you've shown up in a few other games. Are you out of VLA?

Fferyllt:
What are your reads today, with the flips we've got under consideration.

In post 1168, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I would like to add that I am thoroughly confused by what's going on.

So, Beck and Scripten know each other to be town? That narrows the pool nicely.

I'm still good with a Math lynch.

PEdit - I think Grib is town Scripten.

In post 1178, Pine wrote:I'm guessing Neighborizer. It's the only thing that really fits

I've seen Mafia Neighborizers before, it's not a guaranteed Town role. That said, Mafia Neighborizers are rare, Town Neighborizers are merely uncommon

Vote: Grib

Now that the moron convention over Majiffy vs Beck has concluded, can we lynch scum?

In post 1182, Grib wrote:Given there's a wagon forming on me and BBT is backing off, I'll say he's town for toDay.

The Lynch Pool to Victory is now [fferyllt, Mathdino, Pine].

I thought it might be useful to see everyone's current lynch pools. I grabbed the posts I'm referencing in the spoiler above if anyone is curious.

Scripten: Grib, Mathdino, BBT
Beck: Grib, Pine
Mathdino: fferyllt, Grib, Pine
Grib: fferyllt, Mathdino, Pine
Pine: Grib
BBT: Mathdino

Some facts

- Grib shows up on everyone's list so far except for BBT
- Pine and Mathdino show up three times. Beck, Mathdino, and Grib would be alright with a Pine lynch. Scripten, Grib, and BBT would be okay with a Mathdino lynch.
- Fferyllt show up twice. Grib and Mathdino would vote her.
- Scripten is the only one ready to vote BBT.
- Scripten is not in any lynch pools right now
(By the way, if my list is not correct, please let me know and I'll post a more correct list.)
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:51 am

Post by Pine »

BBT is also on mine

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:53 am

Post by fferyllt »

Scripten, you've changed your mind about BBT?
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:54 am

Post by Mathdino »

I wouldn't vote her; she's at the bottom of my lynch pool. That PoE is extremely subject to change if I'm unable to see anything supporting fferyllt/Pine, fferyllt/Grib, and Grib/Pine.
Scripten, why BBT?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:57 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1160, Scripten wrote:
Mathdino:
I'm town. Want confirmation? Ask Beck. He is my townie confirmation. Give me your most detailed read on Grib, please.

Sorry I didn't see this. I'll let you know what happens after I ISO him and a bunch of others. Kinda working right now so expect that within the next 12 hours.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:00 am

Post by fferyllt »

Scripten I don't see anything at all prior to post 1186 indicating you'd be interested in voting BBT. What changed?

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:10 am

Post by fferyllt »

I've modded 2 games that insanity018 played but don't recall if I've ever played a game with her. In both the games I modded she was mislynch bait. Her style of play just didn't mesh well with the player lists maybe.

Anyway, my impression of her posts during my readthrough was very strong town, perhaps because I'd seen her town game twice before, and also perhaps because she's made some adjustments since those game I modded.

I think she's a low info nk, but I also think her nk could be indicative of what sorts of players the scum team want around later in the game. Which suggests to me that at least one scum is experienced and quite competent, and doesn't want to stick out in a "one of these is not like the others" way closer to LYLO.

Idic
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:12 am

Post by Mathdino »

^Townpoints for implicating herself in her own NKA

I dunno, honestly. You'll recall my going around hoping for a NK flip among {Scripten, Beck, Pine, Grib, BBT} and how it'd unravel a lot of the game, scum might've gone for that.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:21 am

Post by Beck »

In post 1192, fferyllt wrote:Which suggests to me that at least one scum is experienced and quite competent,

If I'm correct in assuming you are town, I disagree with that quote. I will say my town read on you has dropped cause I honestly was expecting you to draw the nk
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:28 am

Post by fferyllt »

Town

Beck - his day 1 play was pretty much pants-on-head town, which was very different from our previous game where he was scum. His play in the prior game was self contained, reasoned and reasonable, and not designed to draw a lot of attention his way. He was mostly being townread iirc. I replaced into that game after he replaced out, and would have preferred replacing into his slot to the slot I did get given they were both scum. Anyway, to reiterate, his play here couldn't be more different from that game. I'll probably meta some other scum games to get a sense of his variability.

Scripten - town mostly because of his night action and beck's comments about him. His day 1 play mostly left me thinking town, but some of his late-day play looked less town. I could be reacting badly to the reaction tests and his reactions to those test results maybe.

Kinda Town

Pine - his play impressed me more later in day 1 than the early day, especially his reaction to the Beck/Majiffy stuff. He fits my thumbnail model of a player who would kill insanity.

BBT - I am not sure what I think here. I've played one prior game with BBT, and on day 1 I recall writing up a pretty lengthy defense of a player he was tunneling that I thought was town. Something bothers me a little about his reversal on Grib, and I need to think about why.

Mathdino - the player I most need to review. There were a bunch of posts I disliked early on, but I remember liking some of his later stances. He also fits my thumbnail odel of a player who would kill insanity.

Not So Town

Grib - I really didn't like the way he popped up right after Majiffy self-hammered, but hadn't reacted to much of my catch-up or the late-day majiffy/beck back and forth. As a counterweight to that, it would have been easy enough to just let the day end with no comment and not make it obvious he'd been closely following along silently.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:32 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1194, Beck wrote:
In post 1192, fferyllt wrote:Which suggests to me that at least one scum is experienced and quite competent,

If I'm correct in assuming you are town, I disagree with that quote. I will say my town read on you has dropped cause I honestly was expecting you to draw the nk

I half expected to die, as well.

If I were scum, I think I would have wanted to shoot within {Insanity, Pine, Mathdino} assuming none of them were on my team. Of those three, Insanity was the lowest info kill of the group and possibly the least likely to draw protection if a hypothetical protective role thinks the way I think. but from an experienced-player basis, I would have seen Pine and Mathdino as greater threats based on how they played day 1.

Idic
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:35 am

Post by Mathdino »

Aaand now you're subject to WIFOM.

Why don't you think Beck, Scripten, BBT, and Grib would kill insanity? Again, highly low info kill since she had a sort of 'above it all' thing going on; I did too until I entered the lynch pool. I'm just kind of confused as to why someone WOULDN'T kill insanity. Were you expecting to die or something?

Despite my join date, I've only completed 4 games, just in case you wanted to know. Not sure if that's what you meant by 'thumbnail model', though I can't really argue with the fact that that's exactly what I'd do.

Edit: Pine and I are both in the lynchpool, fferyllt. And this game showcases pretty much my most apathetic play in history due to the fact that I don't think I really mesh well with the playerlist. Pine and I'd be terrible NK targets.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:35 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1194, Beck wrote:

As far as your disagreement, that doesn't surprise me given what I've seen of how you think about the game on day 1. The reason I think we have a competent and experienced scum is because none of the players I would characterize as experienced and competent were night killed.

Idic
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:36 am

Post by Pine »

1195=Goodposting

Dig deeper on your gut feelings on about BBT. Everything he's doing seems disjointed and nonlinear. Town doesn't generally make a big reversal without a good damn reason

Kind of flattered by your thumbnail model? I think?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”