Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:38 am

Post by Patrick »

Why didn't I go after Simenon? I didn't see him do anything wrong.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:07 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

So when I say that I went after Simenon for playing in a way I considered anti-town, is that acceptable to you, even if you don't agree that simenon was being antitown?
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:32 am

Post by Aimee »

Bigger post coming tomorrow.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:24 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Vote Count
:

JordanA24
(2):
Simenon, Patrick

Simenon
(1):
Jordan24

Patrick
(1):
Teffc

Not voting
(3):
Ripley, Aimee, Paradoxombie

7 alive, 4 to lynch.
Patrick wrote:
Mod
can we get a deadline extension? We haven't been going that long and activity isn't that bad.
Not
that
bad, but I'd still like it to be a bit higher. :P
Nevertheless, I'll push back the deadline one week.

New deadline: Sunday, June 24th, at midnight GMT + 1
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:32 am

Post by Aimee »

My thoughts on everyone at this stage:

Jordan:
Panicked early and for no real reason when Simenon said he had reason to believe he was scum. Obviously doesn't pay much attention, because then he asks about the sanity of cops. Unnecessary if the front post was read. But does that point to Mafia or Town? It points mainly to stupidity. His reasons for the cop thing amount entirely to WIFOM, and he also says rather bizarrely that Simenon could be a roleblocker, which doesn't really solve anything. His explanations seem to be "oopsie, I'm a newbie!", which don't really explain anything, really. Overall, looking very defensive at the moment. Some rash votes have also occurred, mainly his vote against Simenon on post 123.

Patrick:
Whilst Jordan's immediate panic was suspicion, I feel that Patrick jumped on slightly too strong onto Jordan. Despite this, his points are clear and well made, and identifies flaws in Jordan's points (e.g. WIFOM). Typical Patrick, really. Patrick was also probably the strongest jumper onto Jordan.

Simenon:
The way he said Jordan and Ripley were scum advanced the game, but as for his reasons, he later said "it was fun making Jordan squirm". Despite this, we all know Simenon - he is always like this whether town or scum (or mod). However, some things I can't fathom reasons to. Post 75 - Simenon FoSes Ripley for reasons I can't understand. Perhaps it links back to what had previously been said when he considered Jordan and Ripley to be scum. I am sure that Simenon is just acting like his playstyle. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ripley:
My first note was that when Simenon accused Ripley and Jordan of being scum, it was Jordan who panicked, not Ripley (although Ripley was away so this holds less merit). He seems to be on Jordan's side, partially, thinking objectively as scum would, and seemingly taking on different points of view. One thing I have noticed is that Ripley hasn't really made a firm stance on anything yet - though his points seem logical enough. I am suspicious of his lack of opinion on Simenon - even though you have played with him before, an opinion, whether positive or negative should have formed by this stage.

Paradoxombie:
Whilst everyone else seems to focus on the Jordan issue, Paradox focuses on Simenon, saying he is suspicious for basically not revealing information. Whilst this may be mildly suspicious, the Jordan issue, which Paradox ignored is far more concrete. Overtly defensive player, who seems to heavily focus on minor issues - he FoSed Patrick and Ripley for basically disagreeing with him.

Teffc:
I get the sense she is trying to somewhat hide in the background. Her posts just seem to mirror what others have said, without really adding anything to that. And other points seem bizarre - she suggests that Patrick and Sim are a "dream team" sort of alliance, although nothing had previously indicated that.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:33 am

Post by Aimee »

And someone referred to Lynch -1 after 4 pages. I am blind and can't see this. Did it happen, or am I a dumbass?
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:36 am

Post by Aimee »

Paradoxombie wrote:You still haven't answered
my
question, so let me rephrase it:

Do you think Simenon was playing in a pro-town way by hiding information on his own play? But, hold on, let me answer with a quote of yours.
Aimee wrote: Simenon, I am at a loss to see why hiding information is at all beneficial to the town (with the exception of some cases, e.g. cops and their resultsetc.)
So you think it's supicious that I'm voting a player you admit is playing anti-town? That goes for Patrick and Ripley as well.
As others have said, hiding information can be even essential for the game, e.g. cop results. Hiding information, therefore isn't a blatant anti-town action, and in Simenon's case here it was more annoying than anti town.

And how on earth have Ripley and Patrick acted in an anti-town way?
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:20 pm

Post by Patrick »

Aimee wrote:And someone referred to Lynch -1 after 4 pages. I am blind and can't see this. Did it happen, or am I a dumbass?
Nah, it didn't happen. Teffc just mentioned it, saying that's why she didn't vote Jordan (too risky).

A few questions for Aimee:
You said Ripley is "thinking objectively as scum would", is that a typo? If not then why do you think scum would think objectively?

You haven't placed a serious vote so far and I can't easily deduce who your top suspect is from your comments. Who is your top suspect, if any? What would you have done if CTD had said yesterday that the deadline wasn't changing?
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:34 pm

Post by Simenon »

Aimee wrote:
Simenon:
The way he said Jordan and Ripley were scum advanced the game, but as for his reasons, he later said "it was fun making Jordan squirm". Despite this, we all know Simenon - he is always like this whether town or scum (or mod). However, some things I can't fathom reasons to. Post 75 - Simenon FoSes Ripley for reasons I can't understand. Perhaps it links back to what had previously been said when he considered Jordan and Ripley to be scum. I am sure that Simenon is just acting like his playstyle. Nothing more, nothing less.
It was half-serious. Ripley's self-doubt made me nervous, but I really didn't intent to express much suspicion of it than what came across.

I think this post contains too much flourish and empty summary and too little actual analysis.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:22 pm

Post by Ripley »

I read Aimee's post in a hurry earlier and remember thinking afterwards - well, so who does Aimee actually suspect? It seemed like a substantial post but yet - somehow there was nothing much there to really get your teeth into (though it seemed ungrateful to grumble, when the post contained so many words, all sounding more or less sensible). Coming back to the thread now, I find both Patrick and Simenon have made remarks that confirm this impression.
Aimee wrote:One thing I have noticed is that Ripley hasn't really made a firm stance on anything yet - though his points seem logical enough.
Really? I stated who I thought was the best deadline lynch, which seemed like a pretty solid stance to me (I hate deadlines, and I hate lynching anybody when I have so little idea of who the scum are as in this present game.) I've shared what opinions I've had, I've reread several times, and I've pointed out anything I could find that I thought was vaguely noteworthy. I'm not sure what else you want from me, Aimee. To point a finger at someone and say "you're scum?" Why should I be able to do that, if you can't? Would you say that you yourself have taken a firm stance on anything?
Aimee wrote:I am suspicious of his lack of opinion on Simenon - even though you have played with him before, an opinion, whether positive or negative should have formed by this stage.
Why? I think, if a player is acting the way you've come to expect them to act, you won't necessarily have a read on them by this stage. Both Patrick and Simenon, who I'm used to being town, are acting the way they usually do. You yourself, in your summary of Simenon, emphasise precisely this point about Simenon:
Aimee wrote:Despite this, we all know Simenon - he is always like this whether town or scum (or mod).
Aimee wrote:I am sure that Simenon is just acting like his playstyle. Nothing more, nothing less.

You
give no opinion, positive or negative, yet you think I "should" have formed one and claim to find it suspicious that I haven't?
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:41 pm

Post by Aimee »

Patrick wrote:
Aimee wrote:And someone referred to Lynch -1 after 4 pages. I am blind and can't see this. Did it happen, or am I a dumbass?
Nah, it didn't happen. Teffc just mentioned it, saying that's why she didn't vote Jordan (too risky).

A few questions for Aimee:
You said Ripley is "thinking objectively as scum would", is that a typo? If not then why do you think scum would think objectively?

You haven't placed a serious vote so far and I can't easily deduce who your top suspect is from your comments. Who is your top suspect, if any? What would you have done if CTD had said yesterday that the deadline wasn't changing?
Yeah, I got a bit carried away. That was a typo.

Vote: Paradox
. It just doesn't make sense. Wild accusations, the OMGUS style FoSes against Patrick and Ripley, the extreme offensive against Simenon... it's all far too strong and intense for my liking. The actions don't make any sense.

And I would also put a FoS against Teffc, for plodding along on a donkey so to speak, and not really contributing to discussion, and seeing every point of view. I have yet to see any real analysis from her at the moment. Oh, and Jordan for all that shinangins (damn spelling) earlier, that I mentioned in my previous post. I'm really interested to see what he thinks of everyone now, and would appreciate analysis from him as well.

FoS: Teffc, Jordan
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:59 pm

Post by JordanA24 »

Analysis:

Aimee
: Gives analysis, which she usually does apparently, but seems wishy-washy, finally voted for someone last post, but then gave 2 FOS's at the same time.

Paradox
: Oddly focuses on Sim's lack of reasoning even after I've finished with it and buried the hatchet. FOS's people who don't agree with him. He completely disappeared early on. I also thought this was weird
Paradox wrote: How ironic, I vote someone for claiming they have reasoning but refusing to reveal it, and you jump at me for not having reasoning.

Double standards = bad
Patrick
: Jumped on my mistake and clinged on for ages, knowing I'm innocent, this is suspicious, but then again, I had acted like a total moron, and he has tried pressuring everybody, and has backed things up with reasonable arguments, but there's still something odd about him I can't quite describe.

Ripley
: Has made the wordiest posts so far. His arguments make sense, maybe hasn't made many firm accusations, though he's playing like he did in my newbie game, where he was pro-town.

Simenon
: His not revealing his reason for voting for me was suspicious, but that's not my main reason for suspecting him, for most of the game he's just focused on me, also, his last post was pretty odd, Aimee gave some observations, put forward her thoughts about it, and said that how you're playing now is her main reason for not suspecting you, what's wrong with that?

Teffc
: Just taking a back seat mostly and enjoying the ride. I'm not too sure, but isn't this a common scum tactic on Day 1, thanks to the towns tendancy to lynch the most contraversial poster on Day 1 and leave the semi-lurkers until later. She has also made some pretty weird accusations.

In light of this, I'll
Unvote Vote: Teffc
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:50 am

Post by Patrick »

Jordan wrote: Patrick : Jumped on my mistake and clinged on for ages, knowing I'm innocent, this is suspicious, but then again, I had acted like a total moron, and he has tried pressuring everybody, and has backed things up with reasonable arguments, but there's still something odd about him I can't quite describe.
Attacking you when you "know you're innocent" isn't really suspicious in itself. Unless I've been giving shoddy arguments to do so. Otherwise, anyone attacking anyone can be classed as suspicious because anyone can say "I know I'm innocent". Simply ignoring what you did early on would have been worse. I'm not close to being convinced you're scum as it happens, just the best candidate so far. I'm glad we got a deadline extension actually, because something about Aimee feels odd to me in a way I can't quite describe.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:29 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

Well, please let me clear up my FOS of Ripley and Patrick, I didn't do it because they disagreed with me, it was because it seemed to me when I posted it that they were just disregarding my logic. Since then it seems more like they just disagree with whether or not Simenon was just annoying or anti-town(I really consider them the same in most cases) Hence my last question to Patrick(which he hasn't answered)

It's subjective whether or not Simeonon was anti-town, but I feel all of my actions were justified since then considering
I
see it as anti-town. It seemed like you two were criticizing my logic(which seems pretty airtight to me) with little explanation. That would be FOS worthy in my opinion. If I had the wrong idea(that is, you actually just disagree with the basis of my logic and not the logic itself) then consider it anulled.

I hope that is understandable
JordanA24 wrote:
Paradox
: Oddly focuses on Sim's lack of reasoning even after I've finished with it and buried the hatchet.
You were only peripherally involved in that, it really has little to do with you.
But either way, it's pretty screwed up to suggest I should ignore somthing just because it is an aspect of a situation that is already concluded.
JordanA24 wrote: I also thought this was weird
Paradox wrote: How ironic, I vote someone for claiming they have reasoning but refusing to reveal it, and you jump at me for not having reasoning.

Double standards = bad
I don't know what you mean. Did you not understand it, or just find it flawed?

waiting to hear from Teffc.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:19 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Paradoxombie wrote:
JordanA24 wrote: I also thought this was weird

Double standards = bad
I don't know what you mean. Did you not understand it, or just find it flawed?
Sorry, just realised I misread that post.

Teffc
Teffc
Goon
Teffc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:21 am

Post by Teffc »

Since i have quite a few problems with my exams i do not have time for posting so i will ave to ask for a replacement
Swim with sharks or drown with rats.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:31 am

Post by JordanA24 »

That's odd, first bit of pressure, and Teffc asks for replacement.

Just a warning to Teffc's replacement, be prepared for a scum role.

CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:21 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

IH
replaces
Teffc
. Thx alot, IH!

Here's a welcoming
Vote Count
:

JordanA24
(2):
Simenon, Patrick

IH
(1):
Jordan24

Patrick
(1):
IH

Paradoxombie
(1):
Aimee

Not voting
(2):
Ripley, Paradoxombie

7 alive, 4 to lynch.

Deadline is lifted to give you some breathing room in light of the replacement. That doesn't mean you get to slack off, though!
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:26 am

Post by IH »

unvote

Hai Patrick and Ripley!

Rereading!
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:36 am

Post by Ripley »

I knew I'd see that other rabbit out of here eventually.
IH wrote:Hai Patrick and Ripley!
IH!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:41 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Ripley wrote:Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Should be interesting, considering he's probable scum.

JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:45 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Btw, hi IH!

Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:48 am

Post by Simenon »

IH wrote:
unvote

Hai Patrick and Ripley!

Rereading!