Micro 407: Jurassic Park Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 974, Mathdino wrote:Yet somehow my actions were what caused him to (finally) vote Majiffy after saying he would 3 or 4 times, and completely nix his read on Beck.

This is legit hilarious. You're so close, Mathdino, but not quite on target just yet.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:20 pm

Post by Pine »

Yeah, the Majiffy -> Mathdino connection is bullshit. Not seeing that logical progression
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:21 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 973, Pine wrote:Still don't like the Majiffy wagon. Beck wagon remains laughable

We need more input from Insanity

Tell me why? He spends more time refusing to make a case and more effort trying to make up a bad counter wagon argument.

None of this is town behavior

P.edit - cause its jiffy/script
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by insanity018 »

Im here, on phone atm.

I don't see what majiffys done that makes him suddenly town.

Scripten, you clearly have no problem with voting majiffy. Why the aversion to hammering before?
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 976, Pine wrote:Yeah, the Majiffy -> Mathdino connection is bullshit. Not seeing that logical progression

What progression do you see in the last two pages or so?

Insanity:
I wanted more information to come out of that lynch. I feel like it's reached a point where it would be very informative.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:30 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 977, Beck wrote:
In post 973, Pine wrote:Still don't like the Majiffy wagon. Beck wagon remains laughable

We need more input from Insanity

Tell me why? He spends more time refusing to make a case and more effort trying to make up a bad counter wagon argument.

None of this is town behavior

P.edit - cause its jiffy/script

No no no. You're not thinking. It isn't Townish behavior, BUT IT ISNT SCUM BEHAVIOR EITHER

Tell me, what's the motivation for scum!Majiffy to be a stubborn douchbag? There isn't one. The path of least resistance would have been to produce some decent reads, play nice, and participate normally. It totally would have undermined the core of the case against him. He didn't, and there's just no scum motivation not to
In post 978, insanity018 wrote:Im here, on phone atm.

I don't see what majiffys done that makes him suddenly town.

Scripten, you clearly have no problem with voting majiffy. Why the aversion to hammering before?

See above. I've been saying this all along. Majiffy was a barely-acceptable deadline compromise, but that urgency has been obviated. You people need to pull your heads out of your asses, especially Majiffy
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:33 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Just chiming in in the middle of writing up a summary, that Majiffy is always a stubborn douchebag, and that's why we love him. Not alignment indicative.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:33 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 980, Pine wrote:
Tell me, what's the motivation for scum!Majiffy to be a stubborn douchbag? There isn't one. The path of least resistance would have been to produce some decent reads, play nice, and participate normally. It totally would have undermined the core of the case against him. He didn't, and there's just no scum motivation not to

I don't know. Majiffy has a pretty well-known reputation for his style of gameplay. If he were to play that way, it may not have had any effect. At this point, it would be beneficial for scum!majiffy to be as hard on information as possible. He'd want to avoid giving town anything to go on after his lynch.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:34 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 981, Mathdino wrote:Just chiming in in the middle of writing up a summary, that Majiffy is always a stubborn douchebag, and that's why we love him. Not alignment indicative.

Can you explain your townread on him, then? Is it really because of the counterwagon argument?
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by insanity018 »

The scum motivation would be - he thinks he will be lynched anyway and therefore by not contributing doesn't give up any clues as to who his partner would be.

Pine, Remnd me why you are scum reading grib?

So what if majiffy was a different counterwagon to who pine thought he was?
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:40 pm

Post by insanity018 »

In post 981, Mathdino wrote:Just chiming in in the middle of writing up a summary, that Majiffy is always a stubborn douchebag, and that's why we love him. Not alignment indicative.

There is a difference between stubborn and 'im about to get lynched so I dont actually care about telling town what I think so that they end up lynching scum' which is effectively what majiffy is doing
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Call it a change of heart about the game. I didn't get off the wagon because the deadline was approaching and I didn't have the motivations to read through the friggin mess of a game y'all created, so I figured I'd wait for the NK flip to see what happens. Without the deadline though, we can do more than that.

The townread comes not from the fact that he's a stubborn douchebag, but from the fact that he pretty much should've been hammered 3 times yet chose not to do a last words or thoughts type post other than "LYNCH BECK TOMORROW DAMMIT". And then he suddenly contributes a useful amount of information and puts in a fair amount of unnecessary effort for a dead man walking. It's not because of the content of his post (although he does make a good point) but the timing and the change in effort.
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:43 pm

Post by insanity018 »

What useful information?

Wouldn't you expect town to do the last words thing?
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:46 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 980, Pine wrote:No no no. You're not thinking. It isn't Townish behavior, BUT IT ISNT SCUM BEHAVIOR EITHER

1. Sure it is
2. You are forgetting it's me or him today, nobody else

Time to.decide
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:49 pm

Post by Mathdino »

VCA is still something.

Yes, I would. However the reason that scum would avoid contributing too much is because they expect to be lynched and they don't want associations to be drawn. Scumajiffy clearly expected to be lynched there. He'd be crazy not to have, what with people threatening to hammer right next to the deadline. So why take the time to make that post above? Doesn't take nearly as much effort to bicker with Beck.
I think that post was him giving in and creating a last words post before Scripten finally decided to hammer. Not sure why scum would do that.

Edit: Not true. I'm still considering the possibility of forcing Scripten to claim. Funny thing though, he softclaimed on page 3. If he's town, he should know he'd prolly be the most likely NK target just for that.
Don't wanna rehash Beck's arguments but reading through them is starting to sway me.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:55 pm

Post by Scripten »

In post 984, insanity018 wrote:
So what if majiffy was a different counterwagon to who pine thought he was?

It could affect whether it was a scum-driven wagon. I don't think it is, though.

Mathdino, I don't see it that way. What I see happening is that he realized that there was a chance that he could not be lynched and went for it. You asked me to hammer, he posted his counterwagon post, you unvoted.

I didn't like the look of that, so I called Beck out on his next post and watched you vote him, allegedly for pressure. (Why would being at L-1 be more pressure now?) As soon as I make intent for hammer, you back right off. You're happy to push for a Beck lynch, but you don't want to be caught on it so obviously. When my vote came back onto Majiffy, you panicked and went so far as to suggest running me up to lynch again. I'm pretty sure that it's around this point that everything started dawning on you. Suddenly I'm not so hard town to you and suddenly voting a softclaimed PR isn't such a bad thing. ()

PEDIT: Wow, you want to force me to hardclaim, too? That's ballsy. I'm almost impressed at the audacity.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:09 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

VOTE COUNT - 1.17
Scripten-

BlueBloodedToffee-

Grib-
Pine
Beck-
FinnLaw, Majiffy, BlueBloodedToffee
Pine-

FinnLaw-

Majiffy-
insanity018, Grib, , Scripten
Mathdino-

Not Voting

Beck,Mathdino

With 9 alive it takes 5 for a lynch and 4 for no lynch.

Day 1 ends in (Dead Line is frozen until the replacement issue resolved)

Grib is on diplomatic v/LA until Tuesday.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:11 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 962, Mathdino wrote:
@Mod: Is it possible for you to take off Finn's vote since he's getting replaced?

Sorry. It is not possible. A vote is vote. Once it is placed even I don't have authority to change it. Remember, I dont play god here. :P
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:28 pm

Post by insanity018 »

In post 989, Mathdino wrote:VCA is still something.

Yes, I would. However the reason that scum would avoid contributing too much is because they expect to be lynched and they don't want associations to be drawn. Scumajiffy clearly expected to be lynched there. He'd be crazy not to have, what with people threatening to hammer right next to the deadline. So why take the time to make that post above? Doesn't take nearly as much effort to bicker with Beck.
I think that post was him giving in and creating a last words post before Scripten finally decided to hammer. Not sure why scum would do that.

That is not a VCA. That post is a set of VCs without the A.

How much effort does it take to simply count the number of votes different wagons had at different stages?

Did Majiffy ever mention who could be scum based on how they moved across the wagons? No. Or why {Beck/me/FinnLaw} are scum based on where we are voting? Nope.

So, what am I missing here?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:30 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Lol at contemplating running Scripten up to hard-claim. That's actually kind of funny. Or is it scummy? You can choose.

I'm still happy to lynch Beck. I'm also still happy to lynch Math if anyone is up for that.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:08 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 972, Scripten wrote:
Guys, Majiffy lynch is best lynch. It will give us a ton of information and is probably a scum lynch.

What does Majiffys townflip give you?
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:07 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 995, Majiffy wrote:
In post 972, Scripten wrote:
Guys, Majiffy lynch is best lynch. It will give us a ton of information and is probably a scum lynch.

What does Majiffys townflip give you?

It tells me I'm wrong, at the very least. :P
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:48 am

Post by Mathdino »

Okay I fell asleep and the write up is saved on another comp. Promise I'll still get to that.

@insanity
: His point appears to be that the BBT/Grib voters all migrated to his wagon, and that the BBT/Grib/Majiffy wagons are all a counter to the Beck wagon. In other words, he's trying to prove that one of him and Beck is scum, and wants us to lynch Beck if/when he flips town.
This would be
pointless
if he was scum for obvious reasons. Now, you could say he did that for towncred, but then why didn't he do it after people kept threatening to hammer (that's the timing part)?

@Beck
: Here's the thing about Scripten/Majiffy that makes it practically impossible. Suppose they're the team. Yes, it's true Scripten stalled the hammer. However, Scripten is willing to risk his buddy getting hammered by me or Pine (he clearly taunted me to hammer, a newbier me might've), WITH THE KNOWLEDGE that his town-confirmation thing tomorrow is total BS and that we've made it clear he'll get lynched tomorrow if he gives the excuse of being roleblocked or something. This is all when he could've just gotten people off the Majiffy wagon and back onto Beck's. There's a difference between getting towncred and playing against wincon.

@Scripten
: People have been asking you to hammer long before that counterwagon post. Again, timing.

The post you called out does not look scummy to me, though I was able to see how it might look scummy to you. I went after him for this, which is blatantly scummy. You'll note that Beck squirms much more under pressure, which is why I put him at L-1; after all, the post that switched my read was right after you called him out on something. I was hoping to elicit more reactions and try to solidify that read.

I unvoted (and am still not voting) because I don't want a lynch right now, and Beck's made it clear that arguments get more reactions from him than votes, so that avenue is pretty much pointless. You're absolutely right in that I panicked, because again, I don't want the day to end anymore. And yes, around that point is when I just went "Holy shit, wtf has Scripten been doing for the past 5 pages, why is he not explaining how he can confirm himself, he acts like he won't be NK'd anyway so he might as well explain to get Beck to stop tunneling, what's the deal with his wagon flipping, etc etc". I tend to take reaction tests outside of RVS ones at face value because to not do so is dangerous (I would've been so pissed if you hammered Beck anyway).

You trying to fish a reaction out of me seems plausible enough. I am still confused as to why you're so averse to hardclaim when you've been softclaiming from very early on; had you not been run up, it's likely you would've been NK'd just for that. I also appreciate how you choose to mock me for not calling what your actual BS was.

@BBT
: Contemplation =/= actually going for it.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:15 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 997, Mathdino wrote:
I went after him for this, which is blatantly scummy.

That looks more like Beck just being Beck.

In post 997, Mathdino wrote:
And yes, around that point is when I just went "Holy shit, wtf has Scripten been doing for the past 5 pages, why is he not explaining how he can confirm himself, he acts like he won't be NK'd anyway so he might as well explain to get Beck to stop tunneling, what's the deal with his wagon flipping, etc etc". I tend to take reaction tests outside of RVS ones at face value because to not do so is dangerous (I would've been so pissed if you hammered Beck anyway).

You trying to fish a reaction out of me seems plausible enough. I am still confused as to why you're so averse to hardclaim when you've been softclaiming from very early on; had you not been run up, it's likely you would've been NK'd just for that. I also appreciate how you choose to mock me for not calling what your actual BS was.

I'm not discussing my role any more today. You'll get your confirmation tomorrow or you won't. Lynch me if the latter happens. Until that point, I'm going to keep trying to nail scum. I apologize if my 990 was too harsh, but trying to get me to hardclaim is pretty silly/scummy considering the context.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:19 am

Post by Mathdino »

Again, since your actions in the last 2 pages that caused me to total scumread you are now nullified, I won't be going down that route today.

Agree with Majiffy on the fact that a townflip on him gives probably the least information out of any townflip, while also losing one of the better scumhunters here. Risky lynch if he's able to keep up a reasonable level of contribution (and if I'm right on him being town).

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”