Micro 407: Jurassic Park Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:46 am

Post by Beck »

In post 624, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:There is nothing left for me to say on this. I thought you were town initially, when you continued to push for Scripten's lynch even though he soft-claimed a PR and said he can prove it; that's when you become scummy. You continued to keep pushing, so I voted for you.

except post 288 you are trying to convine me to move my vote off scripten because he can prove himself. At least 3 times after this post I continue to push his lynch and then in post 332 you call me town.

nice try though.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:58 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 613, Grib wrote:
I'm saying you should, at the very least, take what they say with a grain of salt. You don't have any paranoia in regards to that, because your scumread on Pine is a complete fabrication.

Nah, he made good points. Regardless of whether I think he is scum or not, he made good points.

In post 613, Grib wrote:
Does that mean setup speculation is always scummy?

Ding, ding, ding! You're catching on!

In post 613, Grib wrote:
Who said I scumread him? Ever? I certainly didn't say that. What I did say is that I didn't have a strong read on him one way or the other and wouldn't have minded lynching him in case it cleared you. I already wrote the post, I'm not going to sit here and read it to you.

Well, you see, unless I'm at deadline I don't like to lynch people because I 'don't have a read on them'. You had a scum-read on me, therefore, that's where your vote should have stayed. It was an opportunistic vote and a great point to jump on the wagon.

In post 613, Grib wrote:
You voted a townread because he was being antitown, not because you think he's scum (although if you think he actually is, feel free to say so, with reasons besides "antitown"). I threatened to hammer him for the same reason.

Do you think he's scum? Take a stance, you little scumbag.
I'll ask again, for emphasis, because I know you need a little push to actually get things done.

Is Beck scum? Why or why not?

Sorry about the formatting of this post, uni computers are so bad. The spoiler below is my thoughts on Beck at the time of voting him, tell me if you think I thought he was scummy. I mean, I think it's pretty clear, but whatever, have a look yourself.

Spoiler: BBT scum-reading Beck
In post 385, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:UNVOTE:

VOTE: Beck

In post 387, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Beck is anti-town at the very, very best and scummy at worst.

I just don't understand his approach in this game and I've had enough now.

In post 389, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Let's look at what's happening Scripten. Let's strip it down to the basics.

Beck wants to lynch you. He knows there is a chance you're a PR. He decides to go ahead and keep pushing your lynch anyway.

No matter how you look at that, it's scummy behaviour and it's scum-motivated.

In post 391, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:There's nothing town about what he's doing.

In post 400, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 396, Beck wrote:
Yeah cause scum would go against the grain of ever single player and alienate himself right? Nope, im 100% convinced bases on his play and his handling of him being at l-1, he's scum. If he had claimed a PR I would have probably acted differently but using fear of a PR without actually claming to be one is a scum tactic.

I had no idea this was the newbie game area, i thought this was experienced people. My bad

Yeah, can you imagine that? Scum just tunnelling on someone who they know full well will not be getting lynched. Then whatever other wagons form you can just stay away from them, use the reasoning that you had 'found scum' and not come under any pressure or VCA.

Yeah. What a crazy thought.

It's scummy to try and lynch a potential town PR. Scripten said he can confirm himself D2, so the sensible play is to look elsewhere.

Given there are at least two scum in this game, who do you think would be Scripten's buddy?

In post 404, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I haven't made my scum-read obvious enough?

Right now it's;

Most scummy -> Beck, Grib, Majiffy <- least scummy.

In post 419, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 408, Grib wrote:But that would be stupid.

In post 409, Beck wrote:
In post 400, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:It's scummy to try and lynch a potential town PR.

No its not

@Grib - You would think so, wouldn't you. Not to Beck though, to Beck, it's a pro-town move 'cause he found scum!

I'm feeling good about Finn being town as well.

In post 478, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Beck is scummier than Grib Scripten.

Join the Beck wagon please.

DO I think Beck is scum now? Well, I thought I had made that obvious enough as well. No, I do not think Beck is scum after his VT claim.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:04 am

Quick comment on my situation.

If my net doesn't get sorted over the next few days, I won't be able to post until Monday.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
FinnLaw
FinnLaw
Goon
FinnLaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:22 am

Post by FinnLaw »

In post 626, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:DO I think Beck is scum now? Well, I thought I had made that obvious enough as well.
No, I do not think Beck is scum after his VT claim

I don't see his VT claim clearing him as scum. I would expect him to claim VT as scum in this situation as he risks being caught out if he tried to fake claim as a town PR. We already have a soft claim from Scripten and we dont know how many PR's there are so it would be risky for his to claim a PR given that Scripten already has. He faces the risk of getting caught out as he could claim a PR that scripten has proof to show that he actually has that role.

I'm posting from work right now, but should generally be more active from here on out over the weekend.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:24 am

There are a lot of PR's to claim.

It's highly unlikely that he chooses one that Scripten can call out as a lie. Also, there are a lot of fake-claims that cannot be confirmed and this makes it easy for scum to claim them.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:27 am

Post by Beck »

I have already said that I don't fake claim as scum so why do you still think I am town again?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:38 am

Because you claimed VT.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:42 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 630, Beck wrote:I have already said that I don't fake claim as scum so why do you still think I am town again?

Do you not consider claiming VT to be a fake claim? I really don't like this wagon on BBT.

Finnlaw:
When you say the VT claim doesn't clear Beck as scum, are you meaning that you're operating on the assumption that BBT is 100% clearing Beck for the remainder of the game or that his current read on Beck has swung back toward town?

I know I'm campaigning for a meta defense on someone whose sig says to "Stop relying on meta," but I've played with BBT as town and on a scum team with him. When he's town, his reads are all over the place, swinging from town to scum all game. When he's scum, he's much less organic and a lot more consistent. He tunnels pretty hard in either case, including when he's an investigative role like cop. It's a playstyle thing. Granted, I may be wrong about his play in this particular game, as being aware of one's meta is the surest way to subvert it, but I don't think that the case on him is strong enough to justify his lynch.

That said, the way Grib presents his case has cast some doubt on my scum read. It's a fairly well-made case, if not one I can get behind, and it seems to come from a town mindset.

Grib:
Can you give me a read on Finnlaw? I'm curious as to what you think of his play at this point in the game.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:49 am

Post by Beck »

In post 631, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Because you claimed VT.

That literally makes no sense
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:51 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 632, Scripten wrote:I really don't like this wagon on BBT.
[...]
That said, the way Grib presents his case has cast some doubt on my scum read. It's a fairly well-made case, if not one I can get behind, and it seems to come from a town mindset.

Wait... what?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:14 am

Post by Grib »

In post 626, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Nah, he made good points. Regardless of whether I think he is scum or not, he made good points.

Do you still think he's scum?

In post 626, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Ding, ding, ding! You're catching on!

lol no

Difference of opinion, moving on.

In post 626, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Well, you see, unless I'm at deadline I don't like to lynch people because I 'don't have a read on them'.
You had a scum-read on me, therefore, that's where your vote should have stayed.
It was an opportunistic vote and a great point to jump on the wagon.

You're allowed to not like the things I do.

re: the bolded red, more hypocrisy. I scumslipped, remember? Your vote never should have moved to Beck. Especially since you never actually called him scum until this post, but only after you decided he's town again.

In post 626, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Sorry about the formatting of this post, uni computers are so bad. The spoiler below is my thoughts on Beck at the time of voting him, tell me if you think I thought he was scummy. I mean, I think it's pretty clear, but whatever, have a look yourself.

I notice you never actually call Beck scum. Ever. It's always scummy or antitown.

In post 626, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:DO I think Beck is scum now? Well, I thought I had made that obvious enough as well. No, I do not think Beck is scum after his VT claim.

Did you ever think he was scum, or just antitown? The way you worded this sentence feels like you're trying to answer the question as carefully as possible.

In post 632, Scripten wrote:That said, the way Grib presents his case has cast some doubt on my scum read. It's a fairly well-made case, if not one I can get behind, and it seems to come from a town mindset.

Grib:
Can you give me a read on Finnlaw? I'm curious as to what you think of his play at this point in the game.

I'm going to second Mathdino's what post. What? You don't like the wagon but you can get behind it? What?

As for Finn, I'm okay with him not dying. That's all I have to say about him for the time being.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:16 am

Post by Beck »

In post 635, Grib wrote:I'm going to second Mathdino's what post. What? You don't like the wagon but you can get behind it? What?

I told y'all he's scum
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:19 am

Post by Grib »

Oops, forgot this part.

In post 632, Scripten wrote:I know I'm campaigning for a meta defense on someone whose sig says to "Stop relying on meta," but I've played with BBT as town and on a scum team with him. When he's town, his reads are all over the place, swinging from town to scum all game. When he's scum, he's much less organic and a lot more consistent. He tunnels pretty hard in either case, including when he's an investigative role like cop. It's a playstyle thing. Granted, I may be wrong about his play in this particular game, as being aware of one's meta is the surest way to subvert it, but I don't think that the case on him is strong enough to justify his lynch.

Put a town!BBT case together that doesn't rely on meta, please? Look at his posts this game and tell me what you see. Because if meta is going to be your sole reason, then I don't care enough to lynch elsewhere.

If you think I'm town and the BBT wagon doesn't float your boat, who do you want to lynch?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:00 am

Post by Grib »

Right before this game, I was in another micro with Finn (hosted by the same mod and everything). It was a pretty quick game -- town lynched scum D1, and the Tracker (Finn) caught the other one overNight. I had Finn as a townread because
his
top townread was the scum who got lynched D1, and Finn doesn't seem to be the type of person to spotlight a buddy like that.

Anyway.

Finn feels like a very hang-out-on-the-sidelines kind of guy on the whole and if we're both still alive toMorrow I'll look into him more.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:12 am

Post by Scripten »

Spoiler: ...
In post 634, Mathdino wrote:
[...]

Wait... what?

In post 635, Grib wrote:
I'm going to second Mathdino's what post. What? You don't like the wagon but you can get behind it? What?

In post 636, Beck wrote:
In post 635, Grib wrote:I'm going to second Mathdino's what post. What? You don't like the wagon but you can get behind it? What?

I told y'all he's scum

Guys. Reading comprehension. I said that I did not agree with Grib's case, but that it appeared to come from a town mindset. Do you not understand how that works?

Getting to other stuff in a bit.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:17 am

Post by Beck »

But you said you could get behind it...
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:31 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Pine have been prodded.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:42 am

Post by Grib »

In post 639, Scripten wrote:
Spoiler: ...
In post 634, Mathdino wrote:
[...]

Wait... what?

In post 635, Grib wrote:

In post 636, Beck wrote:

I told y'all he's scum

Guys. Reading comprehension. I said that I did not agree with Grib's case, but that it appeared to come from a town mindset. Do you not understand how that works?

Getting to other stuff in a bit.

It sounds more like you agree with my case, but don't want to because meta.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:46 am

Post by Beck »

In post 632, Scripten wrote:his reads are all over the place, swinging from town to scum all game. When he's scum, he's much less organic and a lot more consistent. He tunnels pretty hard in either case,

just going off this, I feel like for most of the game he has played like the 2nd one. He was tunneling pretty hard on grib and then tunneling on me. He did hop off to vote a lurker and I think he voted pine at some point, but he's been doing a bit of tunneling this game.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:58 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 640, Beck wrote:But you said you could get behind it...

I said it was not one I could get behind. Maybe my wording was confusing. I said it was a good case, but that my meta read on BBT makes my gut disagree really hard with it.

In post 642, Grib wrote:
It sounds more like you agree with my case, but don't want to because meta.

In post 643, Beck wrote:
just going off this, I feel like for most of the game he has played like the 2nd one. He was tunneling pretty hard on grib and then tunneling on me. He did hop off to vote a lurker and I think he voted pine at some point, but he's been doing a bit of tunneling this game.

Hmm... You know, that's a point, you two. That's a hell of a good point. I am pretty susceptible to being buddied, so this play of his would be consistent with that. You know what, maybe this isn't such a bad wagon after all. I guess if we're wrong, it's only day 1. My read on Grib and BBT meta are just not good enough to justify not sheeping a good case.

UNVOTE: Grib
VOTE: BBT
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:04 am

Post by Beck »

In post 642, Grib wrote:if not one I can get behind

The if implies you can get behind it.

Now my grammar and language usage is pretty bad though
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:04 am

Post by Beck »

Had you said though not one I could get behind, that would mean something entirely different
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:11 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 618, Mathdino wrote:
@Majiffy: Partially out of curiosity, what're your thoughts on the BBT vs Beck tango?

BBT looks like town, Beck looks like scum.

In post 619, ArcAngel9 wrote:
Wow. You guys know far more than me about Dinosaurs. So Happy learning Me!!! :P
Please feel free to let me know if the facts i am posting are misleading..am happy to modify them :) I am in love with these fascinating creatures :)

If you have Netflix (I don't know if they have it in India?) there's a great (albeit probably slightly outdated) miniseries called Walking With Dinosaurs that is a really fun watch. Shitty CGI, but it's really all about the facts.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:14 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 646, Beck wrote:Had you said though not one I could get behind, that would mean something entirely different

Fair enough. Apologies for confusing everyone.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:15 am

Post by Beck »

In post 647, Majiffy wrote:Beck looks like scum.

Not even by a mile but nice try
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”