Mini 459 - /cows Mafia - GAME OVER, YAY!

Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:57 am

Post by Spambot »

Atticus wrote:Anyone still trying to keep this game in random voting stage, I'm suspicious of. Therefore, I'm suspicious of mostly everyone.
First he criticizes people joking around. According to him it is suspicious and he finds everybody suspicious. Very medium-sized.
Thadmiral seems to be the only one concerned with getting us out of random stage, but that doesn't make him town. He's quite possibly just pissed off that there's no content yet in this game. He's not alone. (if that's the case)
This paragraph has like four qualifiers. To paraphrase "this guy is acting pro town. That doesn't mean he is town. He might want more content. Me too. If that's the case." This reads like he is trying buddy up with ThAdmiral without actually calling him an awesome townie or something.
Unvote; vote: xyzzy.

He seems like a very smart guy, but he seems to concerned with making that known, and also trying to say that he's funny. As far as I can see, he's the most determined to keep this game dumb.
He isn't voting xyzzy based on the blue zebra stuff, it's because he is still joking around some. And xyzzy at this point was not joking around as much as some. Again, feels medium-sized.
Let's get to the game, kill scum. Anyone who doesn't stop posting useless content soon, I'm suspicious of. I don't like it when people are more concerned with making /cows than they are with making a gallows.
Again, seems like he is trying far too hard to establish himself as pro-town. If he wants to get to the game and kill scum, why isn't he trying to find them? His vote is being put on somebody for the reason that they aren't looking for scum. Criticizing the amount of content people have without giving any themselves is usually a scum tell.
Atticus wrote:Oh, hang on, he has three votes. unvote

but my point stands.

FoS: xyzzy, and everyone who insists on keeping the game at the silly stage.
If you think he is scum, why are you worried about him being at three votes? It takes 7 to lynch, so it's not like you are putting him in ninja range. I feel pretty confident that the actual reason is that he doesn't want to be seen as bandwagoning.

How can your point that joking around is scummy stand if you aren't willing to vote anybody over it? It's not like you move your vote to somebody else that is joking, either. You just unvote and go "oops." FOS' are weak sauce. Why were you willing to vote a minute ago but not now? The only thing that could have changed is you noticing that xyzzy had more votes on him.

Your vote on him expresses that you think he might be scum. If others agree with you, then why does that make you think he is less likely scum?
Atticus wrote:Too bad I hadn't seen his last post until just now.

unFoS: xyzzy for now
So, you went back and checked the vote count to see that xyzzy was at three votes, but you didn't notice xyzzy's most recent post until one minute after that? And you don't even explain what it was that made you decide he was no longer suspicious. This post is all kinds of dishonest.

Moving on to after this string of three...
I approve of this transition. Keep it this way?

Blue Zebra, has, a good point. Xyzzy has been skipping around on his opinions of BZ. And I'm sure if I looked into it, I'd find other opinions skipping.
He was willing to make as bold a move as unFOSing (this is sarcasm) but now he is suspicious again once Blue Zebra makes a point. It sure is a good thing he didn't actually look into it to see if xyzzy has been "skipping". Otherwise he might be trying to catch scum.

We're going to go through this next post bit by bit. It's a doozy.
I agree with Thadmiral, but the problem is, if I turn out town, it doesn't mean Spambot's scum. And if we lynch Spambot for his lurker playstyle, and HE turns out town, it doesn't mean I'm scum.
First he says that he agrees with Thadmiral, whose main point seems to be that I might be a power role of some sort. The rest of this sounds like he wants to lynch me over it, but he is trying to set up early that just because he knows I'm town (that is, he is scum) it won't mean that he is scum. This is pretty defensive over speculation.
However, I don't think Spambot is post restricted. If he is post restricted, it's either that he can only post so much per day, or that he cannot reveal anything of what he found directly. (investigative)
You don't think I am post restricted. Then you talk about what it means if I am.
Thing is, Spambot did not investigate me.
We started in day.
I think this is a big tell. When it's brought up that I might be some sort of a cop, I think he panics a little, but then he realizes that I couldn't have investigated him, since it was a day start. Rather than denying that he is scum, he's just trying to prove that I can't know he is scum.

To sum up:

1. He expressed suspicion of almost all the players and then voted one of them. He lated unvoted for a poor reason, but he didn't vote for any of these other players. I think the reason is that he was self conscious of hopping on a band wagon.

2. He lowers said vote to an FOS, then WITHIN ONE MINUTE he unFOS' him. Again, his reasons are suspect.

3. His posts have been very medium-sized. Meaning, he seems more interested in establishing himself as having the pro-town stance that people need to stop joking around than actually catching scum.

4. He expressed suspicion of xyzzy again, but this time didn't vote. He pretty much said that he thought he could make a case on him, but didn't for some reason.

5. Finally, he is anxious to point out that I couldn't possibly know he is scum, since we started in day. That IS a valid point, however the way he did so is pretty scummy.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:07 am

Post by Spambot »

To people that called for my replacement: you guys aren't using your heads at all. That's okay, because what I wanted was reactions and I got them. However, if my goal was to "be a dirty lurker" I could have popped in once every three days like some of you and posted a joke or something devoid of content. We need to look at the people that expressed a desire to lynch me, because they probably thought they could get away with an easy mislynch.

Other people I think are pretty scummy right now are Jordan and Occult.

I was in a game with xyzzy as scum, and his play has been completely different. I'd be willing to make a huge bet that he is town.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:23 am

Post by xyzzy »

Interesting.

I'm sad that my playstyle has apparently changed... I like keeping it consistent so that people can't use it against me...

But that tactic has a slight air of scumminess, except for the fact that it seems to have produced results.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:26 am

Post by Spambot »

xyzzy wrote:But that tactic has a slight air of scumminess, except for the fact that it seems to have produced results.
It is surface scummy but not *actual* scummy. If my goal was lurking, I could have just done so without saying anything and I doubt anybody would have noticed.

I'd like to respond to some of the stuff MoS said, but I don't think ad hom is allowed.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:32 am

Post by xyzzy »

ad hom?

I wonder how the Fish Monkey God would feel about this gambit...
Blue Zebra
Blue Zebra
Goon
Blue Zebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:47 am

Post by Blue Zebra »

Makes sense to me.

unvote, vote:Atticus
Blue Zebra
Blue Zebra
Goon
Blue Zebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:49 am

Post by Blue Zebra »

Blue Zebra wrote:What do you mean by "the voter"? My guess would be:
xyzzy wrote:Indeed, Sir Zebra will have to give quite a good reason for
himself
after we're done with you.
But that doesn't make sense.
I'd like to know the answer to this question.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:08 pm

Post by Atticus »

Spambot wrote:1. He expressed suspicion of almost all the players and then voted one of them. He lated unvoted for a poor reason, but he didn't vote for any of these other players. I think the reason is that he was self conscious of hopping on a band wagon.

2. He lowers said vote to an FOS, then WITHIN ONE MINUTE he unFOS' him. Again, his reasons are suspect.

3. His posts have been very medium-sized. Meaning, he seems more interested in establishing himself as having the pro-town stance that people need to stop joking around than actually catching scum.

4. He expressed suspicion of xyzzy again, but this time didn't vote. He pretty much said that he thought he could make a case on him, but didn't for some reason.

5. Finally, he is anxious to point out that I couldn't possibly know he is scum, since we started in day. That IS a valid point, however the way he did so is pretty scummy.
Answer, defenses, y'know.

1.) I express suspicion of everyone because I want people to know that if people continue doing this, I will suspect them. I unvoted xyzzy because not being on bandwagons is how I try to play, town, or even scum. I try to be individual. And I see no reason to put anyone at foru votes at this point in the game.

2.) I unFoSed because I quickly went to unvote, without reading the Topic review. I then checked my post, out of habit, and saw xyzzy's post on top of it. Dangit, I think, that post is not playful. So I unFoS.

3.) It's not as though your posts are particularly large. And otherwise, yes, I would like to establish my stance that we need to get out of playful stage, and I tried to use that as a way to catch scum.

4.) That's not suspicion.

5.) There is no reason to deny that I'm scum, because no one has any reason to believe me. So I say that Thadmiral is being kind of stupid, because we started in day. Thus, no night actions occurred.
You don't think I am post restricted. Then you talk about what it means if I am.
Because someone else thought you were.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:32 pm

Post by Spambot »

Atticus wrote:Answer, defenses, y'know.

1.) I express suspicion of everyone because I want people to know that if people continue doing this, I will suspect them. I unvoted xyzzy because not being on bandwagons is how I try to play, town, or even scum. I try to be individual. And I see no reason to put anyone at foru votes at this point in the game.

2.) I unFoSed because I quickly went to unvote, without reading the Topic review. I then checked my post, out of habit, and saw xyzzy's post on top of it. Dangit, I think, that post is not playful. So I unFoS.

3.) It's not as though your posts are particularly large. And otherwise, yes, I would like to establish my stance that we need to get out of playful stage, and I tried to use that as a way to catch scum.

4.) That's not suspicion.

5.) There is no reason to deny that I'm scum, because no one has any reason to believe me. So I say that Thadmiral is being kind of stupid, because we started in day. Thus, no night actions occurred.
Because someone else thought you were.
1. Suspect them why? Do you think everybody is scum? Why is joking around even scummy? What your basically saying is that you were trying to lead and bully the town into doing what you want. It's a fact of the game that you have to be on bandwagons. Your vote alone does not lynch scum. You voted xyzzy, presumably because you thought he might be scum. Others had agreed with this, which caused you to unvote. Please explain the logic there. Telling us how you play as scum is a scum tell.

2. Maybe that's how it happened for you. It doesn't change the fact that you unFOS'd him. I mean, I personally think going FOS: thishereguy is about the weakest possible thing you can do. If it's worthy of an FOS, why isn't it a vote? I'm kind of getting sidetracked, but my point is that you deciding to un-FOS seems pretty ridiculous to me. Kind of like you were scared of somebody calling you on it.

3. Please, please follow through on calling me medium-sized and a lurker and OMGUS me. It would make me very happy. See, establishing a pro-town stance is what I'm accusing you of. Scum do it to try and prove how townie they are, without actually stuff that is pro-town. Rather than actively looking for scum yourself, you berated other players for not doing it. It's a pattern that you follow in your later semi-attack on xyzzy.

4. How is it not suspicion? You say that Blue Zebra has a good point (which is that xyzzy has been flipflopping or whatever). You then say you bet you could find more cases of him doing that.
If you really had the town's interests in mind, why wouldn't you do so?

5. Again, it read to me like you went "oh shit, he investigated me." Then, you were relieved when you realized that I couldn't have. This is not something I can prove or you can disprove, really. But that is definitely the impression I got from you.

Finally, somebody else suggested that I was post restricted, and then you said that you didn't think so. Instead of explaining why, you then started to theorize about my supposed post restriction.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:47 am

Post by Atticus »

I'm not going to vote you, I don't think you're scum. Which is why I said that if I am lynched today, I will turn out pro-town, but it won't mean that Spambot's scum. Thadmiral's comment that if I am lynched, you'll be lynched next, is something that I'm trying to move the town away from.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:31 am

Post by yellowbounder »

The sun has moved back a little in the sky, so it's not looking like the big bad blackness will eat your village soon

The sound of grazing cows comes flowing over the air, and you all feel somewhat happier, and pleasant. But, you're not sure whether that's the sound, or the fact that the smell of a cow is a powerful euphoric in your town.

Old Jimmy was found dead sniffing a cow once. You shot him once he started coming back from the dead.

Vote Count

2 - Hadhfang (xyzzy, Mastermind of Sin)

1 - JordanA24 (TonyMontana)
2 - xyzzy (Black-Moon, JordanA24)
2 - Atticus (Spambot, Blue Zebra)

1 - Occult (Atticus)

4 - Not Voting (Hadhfang, ThAdmiral, Hjallti, Occult)

If you would like a player prodded, please request it either in thread, or via PM.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:47 am

Post by xyzzy »

That's extremely fishy. By suggesting that you shouldn't deny scumminess because you haven't been copped is:

1) Asking for the cop to reveal himself the moment he gets your alignment
2) Suggesting that we shouldn't use evidence based on posting, when that might be all we get.

Unvote vote Atticus
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:10 am

Post by JordanA24 »

He has got a point, we did start in day, therefore, no cop investigations. So, what is Spam doing just firing votes everywhere, saying 'That guy is scum' without giving any explaination for it, before buggering off again, saying he isn't going to post anymore, exactly what are you playing at?
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:25 am

Post by Spambot »

JordanA24 wrote:He has got a point, we did start in day, therefore, no cop investigations. So, what is Spam doing just firing votes everywhere, saying 'That guy is scum' without giving any explaination for it, before buggering off again, saying he isn't going to post anymore, exactly what are you playing at?
Read the thread, cone.
Blue Zebra
Blue Zebra
Goon
Blue Zebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:25 am

Post by Blue Zebra »

JordanA24 wrote:So, what is Spam doing just firing votes everywhere, saying 'That guy is scum' without giving any explaination for it, before buggering off again, saying he isn't going to post anymore, exactly what are you playing at?
He already said it was for reactions.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:44 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Spambot wrote:
JordanA24 wrote:He has got a point, we did start in day, therefore, no cop investigations. So, what is Spam doing just firing votes everywhere, saying 'That guy is scum' without giving any explaination for it, before buggering off again, saying he isn't going to post anymore, exactly what are you playing at?
Read the thread, cone.
Fine, you were testing reactions, but in the next post, you said I looked scummy, any particular reason?
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

ThAdmiral wrote:@ Mos: It sounds like your holding the game at ransom!! I just don't see why you seem to be so personally affected by his actions.
I'm not (although I think he's acting shit).
I refuse to play in games that are purposefully being ruined by players. Having a player choose to lurk through an entire day qualifies under that category. However, he's back, so we don't have to worry about that anymore.
Permanent V/LA.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:06 pm

Post by Atticus »

xyzzy wrote:
That's extremely fishy. By suggesting that you shouldn't deny scumminess because you haven't been copped is:

1) Asking for the cop to reveal himself the moment he gets your alignment
2) Suggesting that we shouldn't use evidence based on posting, when that might be all we get.

Unvote vote Atticus
Actually, it's neither of those. It's defying Thadmiral's suspicions. If the cop investigates me tonight, and I'm about to be lynched tomorrow, sure, he may as well keep a townie from dying. And also, it's suggesting (not that you shouldn't use pos-based evidence) that you shouldn't base killing by assuming that a cop has investigated that person.

Which is actually quite the opposite.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:48 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I refuse to play in games that are purposefully being ruined by players. Having a player choose to lurk through an entire day qualifies under that category. However, he's back, so we don't have to worry about that anymore.
True, I just felt you were letting him ruin the game for you, by taking what he did to heart, when you didn't have to.

I'm probably going to vote someone soon.

Suspects: hadhfang, blue zebra, xyzzy. I'm not sure about the whole spambot/atticus thing either.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:58 pm

Post by Spambot »

ThAdmiral wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:I refuse to play in games that are purposefully being ruined by players. Having a player choose to lurk through an entire day qualifies under that category. However, he's back, so we don't have to worry about that anymore.
True, I just felt you were letting him ruin the game for you, by taking what he did to heart, when you didn't have to.

I'm probably going to vote someone soon.

Suspects: hadhfang, blue zebra, xyzzy. I'm not sure about the whole spambot/atticus thing either.
You are probably scum, too. :o
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:00 pm

Post by Occult »

So, spambot WAS just being a bitch. I can dig the searching for reactions, but I'm gonna slap a
FoS on spambot
. I'm very interested in the atticus and spambot interactions.
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:03 pm

Post by Spambot »

Occult wrote:So, spambot WAS just being a bitch. I can dig the searching for reactions, but I'm gonna slap a
FoS on spambot
. I'm very interested in the atticus and spambot interactions.
If you get to call me a bitch, than I get to start calling people crybaby douche bags. Just saying.

If you get what I was doing, why the FOS? Also, did I mention how weak sauce I think FOS' are? All it does is make you think you are being a wimp with your vote.

Man, the scum couldn't possibly be Atticus, Occult, and ThAdmiral, right? That would just be way too easy.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:05 pm

Post by Occult »

Heh. Now we're even.

We both pissed each other off :mrgreen:

I see your arguments, but Im still suspicious. Also accusing anyone who finds your move scummy isn't a very smart thing to do. I like the uniqueness, but it puts you on my radar.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:10 pm

Post by Occult »

Plus, I find peoples eagerness to vote bad stretegy. It promotes short days which help..... SCUM. Therefore I don't throw votes around (with the exception of the random ones).
Spambot
Spambot
Goon
Spambot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:10 pm

Post by Spambot »

Occult wrote:Heh. Now we're even.

We both pissed each other off :mrgreen:

I see your arguments, but Im still suspicious. Also accusing anyone who finds your move scummy isn't a very smart thing to do. I like the uniqueness, but it puts you on my radar.
I'm not pissed. Do I sound pissed?

I'm accusing you based on how you seem to understand or even appreciate why I did that, but you find me suspicious for it anyway. That doesn't really jive.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”