/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:42 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Vote Count

1 - ChannelDelibird (johhan)
7 - blahgo (Qman, Mastermind of Sin, SpinWizard, KaleiÐoscøpe, ButteBlues, Givlmrak, ryan)

1 - YogurtBandit (blahgo)
2 - Qman (YogurtBandit, Battle Mage)
1 - DYH (ChannelDelibird)
2 - Givlmrak (Sir Tornado, Black-Moon)
1 - Sir Tornado (Rand Althor)

3 - Not Voting (bethelmark, DYH, spoinkmaster)

With
alive, it's
to lynch.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:36 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

unvote
I'm back!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:48 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ryan wrote:Ok BM, who's our first day best lynch?
hmm, see my vote. id figure thats a good place for a wagon atm. Still, id like to see alot more discussion before any lynch is made...
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:05 am

Post by ryan »

In all honesty how much more will we learn without a lynch? Heck nobody knows a whole heck of alot about anyone. Blahgo looks just as good as anyone else does right now
[i]Please remove your head from your ass before you vote.[/i]
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:17 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Ryan, how much will we learn WITH a lynch?
answer: Jack-all.
We need discussion, and various bandwagons, and PATIENCE to lure out scum. im not opposed to a fairly random lynch today, but i think killing the first person we set eyes on, with NO arguments, is pointless.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:37 am

Post by ryan »

Aren't we discussing right now? :-)
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:51 am

Post by Qman »

Battle Mage wrote:
ryan wrote:Ok BM, who's our first day best lynch?
hmm, see my vote. id figure thats a good place for a wagon atm. Still, id like to see alot more discussion before any lynch is made...
If you can come up with a convincing reason not to lynch lurkers besides "what do we learn now", I'll gladly listen, but my belief is that we will learn less in the LONG run (which is how I think we have to win this game) if we lynch an active poster versus someone who's contributions to this point are a random vote and saying lynch anyone lurking but me.

Color me stupid if you like, but I'm pretty sure lynching someone thats *playing* the game instead of a lurker when we are still in the crapshoot of a first day with this setup is the best long term plan for the town. Information is key and we certainly aren't getting information out of blahgo.
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
ButteBlues
ButteBlues
Townie
ButteBlues
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:00 pm

Post by ButteBlues »

Battle Mage wrote:Ryan, how much will we learn WITH a lynch?
answer: Jack-all.
We need discussion, and various bandwagons, and PATIENCE to lure out scum. im not opposed to a fairly random lynch today, but i think killing the first person we set eyes on, with NO arguments, is pointless.
Do you honestly think that we will find a more worthy lynch candidate on _day one_?

I mean, in all honesty, the chance of any serious discussion fleshing out any information, especially in light of the setup, is slim to none.

Patience for luring out the SKs can come when we actually have something to go off of, but as of right now, we don't have _anything_ to go on.

Unless you're advocating a nolynch, in which case, I can only roll my eyes at you.
spoinkmaster
spoinkmaster
Townie
spoinkmaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:00 pm

Post by spoinkmaster »

I'm dropping out due to being busy lately.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:10 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Battle Mage wrote:ah i see you have at last read it. Now you just need to UNDERSTAND it.
To put it in simple terms for you, the WHOLE POST was directed at QMan. Id have thought that much would have been obvious from the vote, but i guess not. or maybe you were trying to bury the meaning of my post under a heap of confusion. i just dont know with you. :roll:
I understand that you were using that to apply to Qman. However, everything in that post except the vote could apply to anyone who was voting Blahgo at the time. What you needed to do was specify why you were directing it at Qman in particular. Had you been reading my posts, it would've been quite clear what I was asking of you. :roll:
@QMan- the comment bothers me because it looks like you were trying to validate a vote with game theory, however this game theory was incorrect. it put you as a preferable vote to a lurker at this point.
Why didn't you just say this when I first asked you, instead of causing a big huff over nothing?
Permanent V/LA.
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:50 pm

Post by Qman »

Battle Mage wrote:
@QMan- the comment bothers me because it looks like you were trying to validate a vote with game theory, however this game theory was incorrect. it put you as a preferable vote to a lurker at this point.
Just because you believe it to be wrong does not invalidate the theory. It's your opinion, and others can and do have the right to a different opinion. Beyond that I have no further comment on this issue.

I believe the theory to be a valid one day one for THIS PARTICULAR SETUP. Apparently by the number of people voting blahgo, a goodly number of us also agree it's the best way to go for day 1. Please don't single me out for something many other people are doing as well.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:21 pm

Actually, I disagree that lynching a lurker is a good strategy, even for this setup. I only suggested this for 2 reasons:

a) to find out who would support such a horrible idea and pick out the scum
b) to put pressure on the lurker to post and contribute, lest they be lynched.

Also, while Blahgo's response was not helpful AT ALL, I believe that it fits more as a newbish reponse, because scum are more likely to respond to the pressure and try to defend/explain themselves in that sort of situation.
Permanent V/LA.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:41 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Actually, I disagree that lynching a lurker is a good strategy, even for this setup. I only suggested this for 2 reasons:

Also, while Blahgo's response was not helpful AT ALL, I believe that it fits more as a newbish reponse, because scum are more likely to respond to the pressure and try to defend/explain themselves in that sort of situation.
So, what, according to you is the best idea for hunting SK on day 1? I suggested, in the beginning that we have no choice but to random lynch on day 1 unless one SK makes a big mistake, but the random lynch should occur only after everyone participates in the discussion, and we have everyone's views. Do you agree with that?
I'm back!
Qman
Qman
Goon
Qman
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:51 pm

Post by Qman »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Actually, I disagree that lynching a lurker is a good strategy, even for this setup. I only suggested this for 2 reasons:

@A.) I'm still not sure it's a bad idea. (I know, NOT helping myself here in your eyes.) If blahgo insists on doing nothing to contribute to the game, I'd rather remove him than someone that is active. Lurkers suck. If blahgos only answer to being bandwagoned is "lynch the other lurkers not me", he's not going to be a benefit to us in the long run. The easiest way to *not* paint yourself into a corner is to simply not talk. He seems to be trying that approach.

@B.) This is my *main* thrust with this theory, I have zero problem moving my vote to someone else that is lurking to force them to participate as well. But again, blahgo has said jack since he got bandwagoned to L-2, obviously (at least in my eyes) he doesn't care, or want to participate. That just rubs me wrong.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:20 pm

unvote, vote: Givm

Blahgo is town.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:20 pm

Sir Tornado wrote:

So, what, according to you is the best idea for hunting SK on day 1? I suggested, in the beginning that we have no choice but to random lynch on day 1 unless one SK makes a big mistake, but the random lynch should occur only after everyone participates in the discussion, and we have everyone's views. Do you agree with that?
I say we lynch someone who we think is acting like an SK, obviously. Random lynches are never more helpful than informed lynches.
Permanent V/LA.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:02 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

im not going to argue semantics with you MoS. suffice to say, i know that you are not completely stupid, and i wont be helping you play the "i dont know whats going on" card. :roll:

also,
Unvote, Vote: MoS

I dont believe you were setting a trap to catch scum. i think you were setting a trap to catch lazy townies.

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:ah i see you have at last read it. Now you just need to UNDERSTAND it.
To put it in simple terms for you, the WHOLE POST was directed at QMan. Id have thought that much would have been obvious from the vote, but i guess not. or maybe you were trying to bury the meaning of my post under a heap of confusion. i just dont know with you. :roll:
I understand that you were using that to apply to Qman. However, everything in that post except the vote could apply to anyone who was voting Blahgo at the time. What you needed to do was specify why you were directing it at Qman in particular. Had you been reading my posts, it would've been quite clear what I was asking of you. :roll:
Why didn't you just say this when I first asked you, instead of causing a big huff over nothing?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:10 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

I'm going to do a re-read of Blahgo's actions so I may decide if i want to vote him or not. May be a pbpa too.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:19 am

Post by ryan »

Battle Mage wrote:im not going to argue semantics with you MoS. suffice to say, i know that you are not completely stupid, and i wont be helping you play the "i dont know whats going on" card. :roll:

also,
Unvote, Vote: MoS

I dont believe you were setting a trap to catch scum.
i think you were setting a trap to catch lazy townies.
[/quote]

Boy am I probably gonna regret saying this but BM that was exactly what I thought when I read that post this morning. It was posted that we should vote for people acting scummy? Your wish is my command

Unvote/Vote: Mastermind of Sin
DYH
DYH
Goon
DYH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:18 am

Post by DYH »

I hate to break this to you, BM, but you're going to get jack from this day one, regardless.

In traditional mafia games, day ones are most useful because once you have a dead scum body, you can go back and look for connections of that player to other players. In this case, the SKs know only themselves, and they haven't had a shot at night yet to hit into another SK.

What sort of scum tell are you going to look for day one in this case? Opportunism? Meh- to them, any lynch but their own will do. But guess what- most townies are going to feel that way as well. There are no power roles to toil over, no claims to consider. This game is a little screwed up in that we actually need the night actions to occur in order to best function. In essence, we need SKs to crossfire in order to get good reads.
ryan
ryan
Mafia Scum
ryan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:29 am

Post by ryan »

So DYH, why haven't you voted anyone yet than?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:42 am

Battle Mage wrote:im not going to argue semantics with you MoS. suffice to say, i know that you are not completely stupid, and i wont be helping you play the "i dont know whats going on" card. :roll:
When have I played such a card? I know exactly what is going on. Also, you saying that you don't believe I would set a trap is a pointless argument, because there is no way I can prove this beyond my own word, and you never believe anything I say anyways. To be fair, if I was trying to "trap" lazy townies, why did I not attempt to start a bandwagon on someone who had voted Blahgo? Your theory doesn't make a lot of sense right now, because you don't have actions to back it up. I have moved on past the Blahgo wagon, because the information needed from it has been produced. That is all.
Permanent V/LA.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:45 am

Post by yellowbounder »

spoinkmaster is being replaced
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:10 am

thanks.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:34 am

BM, answer this please. Do you believe that I, as scum, would be clever enough to start a lurker lynch, jump off the wagon when it's nearing a lynch instead of riding it to day end, claim that I only supported the wagon to pressure lurkers and set a trap for scum, then move on to vote another lurker instead of going after the possible scum I set a trap for? Also, what would I accomplish by doing this? What's in it for me as scum?
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”