Micro 407: Jurassic Park Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:24 pm

Post by Scripten »

Wow, you really are just completely single-minded, Beck.

I'd actually be okay with a Beck lynch, I'm beginning to think. I'm starting to doubt that if my role was posted (against the rules) in the thread that he wouldn't call me a liar just to push that lynch he wants.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by Beck »

Single minded? No
Speaking the truth? Yes

Cop/tracker/watcher/role blocker/doc/gunsmith/bodyguard/big

None of those are confirmable. Some would argue big could be bu that could be SK.

There's not a single role that is ACTUALLY confirmable, that can't be confirmed today.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by Beck »

Big = vig
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:36 pm

Post by Beck »

Oh and claiming your role isn't against the rules
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:42 pm

Post by Scripten »

Alright. This has seriously gone on long enough. STOP. Now.

STOP trying to guess my role.

STOP trying to PoE my role.

STOP fucking role fishing.

NOW.

I'm not going to reveal my role and negate it because you're acting like an ignoramus. In fact, I'm not going to discuss this topic at all until tomorrow, in which case you may lynch me if I do not reveal. Until then, consider yourself ignored.

P-Edit: Posting your role PM is against the rules and will get you mod-killed in most games. It was pretty obvious that's what I meant.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:51 pm

Post by Beck »

Im not trying to guess your role, I'm pointing out to the people who think you will somehow prove yourself tomorrow that its impossible to do.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:16 pm

Post by insanity018 »

In post 419, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
I'm feeling good about Finn being town as well.

I completely disagree. How come?

In post 426, Beck wrote:
There's not a single role that is ACTUALLY confirmable, that can't be confirmed today.

Some possibilities: Masoniser, friendly neighbour, Day 2 revealing Innocent Child
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:02 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 431, insanity018 wrote:
I completely disagree. How come?

Why do you disagree?

Just because of his ?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:47 pm

Post by insanity018 »

I've been getting the same impression out of the rests of his posts.

For example, at first glance seems like a great post. However, looking closely, there is very little original analysis and the post has been fluffed up with
FinnLaw reminding us what his previous stances were
or
parroting what others have said.

Spoiler: Coloured!
In post 358, FinnLaw wrote:Reading up a bit, here's some people I'm suspicious of (sorry for the long posts):

Beck
- Early on in the game when he was being attacked by Scripten for being non-committal, I sided with Beck because I thought Scripten was being unreasonable in expecting further reads that early. Unlike some others I didn't find his reaction to Scripten coming across as too defensive initially
. I also liked Beck's questioning of Scripten over the flavor situation which was 'why did Scripten find Grib's comment reasonable if Scripten's PM contradicted it.'

However, as the game goes on Beck is tunnelling Scripten a bit and I didn't like how Beck still wanted to go through with the Scripten lynch even after the soft claim. I get you might not believe his claim but if he doesn't have proof day 2 then we lynch him. It is anti town to want to go ahead with the Scripten lynch after his soft claim even if you think he is lying as we face the potential risk of losing a town PR, when we can instead lynch him day 2 if he is lying. I was suspicious that he still wanted to go through with the lynch and potentially risk losing a town PR and he still has his vote on Scripten.

In post 314, Beck wrote:
It has nothing to do with the vote, it has everything to do with ignoring the obviously correct play. Refusal to claim is a scum claim.
Using fear of lynching a "possible" PR is also a scum claim

It is basically using fear of lynching a PR to avoid his lynch but we should be cautious of this risk. Anyways it is not him making us fear it and getting away freely. It is just simply being delayed.
He says he has proof to clear his name, if he doesn't have this proof then we lynch him
. He doesn't get away with it if he is scum, he just delays his lynch. -->
insanity
says: Err...you're aware that it is Beck's argument that Scripten is scum using tactics to delay his lynch right?

In post 311, Beck wrote:Oh ffs, town is.doomed

Go ahead and lynch me, town has no chance to win now

I also didn't like the above quote from Beck. It comes across slightly Ate. Maybe I'm getting it wrong, I don't have that much experience but that's how I read it.

VOTE: Beck

Scripten
- I have Scripten leaning scum. I have previously spoke of how I didn't like Scripten's early case on Beck. I thought he had unreasonable expectations of what he expected from Beck and thought his earlier vote and attack on Beck over the non-committal stuff was weak and him trying to push something as scummy when it wasn't.

While the flavour discussion was slightly confusing and one of the reasons I struggled to get involved, I didn't like Scripten's stance on the issue.
As brought to light by others, I also didn't get why Scripten would find Grib's comments regarding flavor reasonable if it contradicted his own pm, surely it would make you a bit weary of it. But, Scripten has now soft-claimed, so he is on hold but hopefully he is being truthful about his claim come day 2.

Yungh0mo
- I've also recently spoke of finding Yungh suspicious but I'm not sure if things moved a little too fast on his wagon and someone was maybe being opportunistic.

I'm not sure whether both Beck and Scripten will both be scum and have just been bussing each other. Probably not, I think Scripten will probably have proof day 2. Still need to look into some other players but Null to slightly leaning town on Mathdino for his #235, it's a post I see coming from town not scum but now waiting for a response to a question I put to him. Null on Grib, beyond the flavor stuff I don't see much else of a case there. Leaning town on Insanity to, like the way she is questioning people.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:18 pm

Yeah, I thought was a good post and I still do.

He just comes across like newb-town. He is trying to present his view on things, just because he repeats himself or agrees with what other people say, I don't see how that makes him scum.

I would prefer him to do what he is doing rather than sit on the fence and provide no opinion at all.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:25 pm

Post by Beck »

But regurgitating what other people are saying with little to no original ideas is just as bad as sitting on a fence giving no opinion at all. Scum have to take scum hunt and the best way to do that is what he did. Not to mention he started being active after specifically being called out for being inactive
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:26 pm

Post by Beck »

Fake scum hunt*
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:34 pm

He admitted to struggling to get into the game.

If everyone is saying what he wants to say before he gets the chance to, what is he supposed to do? At least he is providing a viewpoint and his own personal opinion, even if he is only agreeing with others.

If his play continues in this way, sure, I would have to re-evaluate but right now I think he is town.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:39 pm

Post by Beck »

it's easy to lurk and say the reason why is because you are having trouble getting into the game. I mean he could be telling the truth but he could easily be lying. He has done nothing yet to warrant anyone town reading him, let alone defending him like you are doing.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:46 pm

He has done enough to warrant a town-read in my eyes.

I feel like Finn could be lynchbait. Especially with the way you have jumped on him now after the discussion between Insanity and myself, there is no way Finn gets lynched today.

Not with you, Grib and Pine alive.
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:51 pm

Post by insanity018 »

In post 434, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
He just comes across like newb-town. He is trying to present his view on things, just because he repeats himself or agrees with what other people say, I don't see how that makes him scum.

It makes his posts look like they contain more helpful towny content than they actually do. Which is obviously great for him if he is scum.

It also means he can avoid criticism for any arguments he makes. As he can just say 'insanity came up with that idea first and I just thought it made sense; you should give her a hard time about it instead.' Again, could be helpful for scum.

p-edit: I think Beck has been suspicious of Finn before now?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:55 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Sorry for lurking this weekend, was gonna do some catchup posting tonight but I got distracted and I don't feel like making a lot of shorter posts.

Will post analysis and reads after I wake up.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:57 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 439, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Especially with the way you have jumped on him now after the discussion between Insanity and myself, there is no way Finn gets lynched today.

yeah nice try

Spoiler:
In post 318, Beck wrote:The low posters who bug me the most is Finn, nothing but iioa in his posts.

In post 321, Beck wrote:
In post 319, FinnLaw wrote:Currently reading up, but its nearly 1 in the morning here so off to bed soon.

But first, while I have found Scripten slightly suspicious his lynch isn't going to happen today and shouldn't happen anymore. I agree with what's been said about his wagon since his soft-claim. Taking a risk on his lynch is unnecessary as it could potentially result in the lynch of a town power role when instead we can look elsewhere to try to the other scum. Come day 2 Scripten can prove he's town and if he doesn't then we lynch him.

UNVOTE: Scripten

Sup beetle juice

In post 378, Beck wrote:Either way my vote is wasted. Only other person I would be OK lynching is you for beetlejuicing, its a classic tell for active lurking.

No other lynch is acceptable imo
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:04 am

In post 440, insanity018 wrote:
It makes his posts look like they contain more helpful towny content than they actually do. Which is obviously great for him if he is scum.

It also means he can avoid criticism for any arguments he makes. As he can just say 'insanity came up with that idea first and I just thought it made sense; you should give her a hard time about it instead.' Again, could be helpful for scum.

p-edit: I think Beck has been suspicious of Finn before now?

If Finn tried to deflect attention from himself in that way (oh well Insanity said it first) I would insta-vote him. That is very different to what we're talking about here. I would fully expect Finn to explain his own thought processes and reasons.

Beck showed slight suspicion towards Finn, mostly due to his lurking though, not his actual post content. He seems a lot more aggressive now that there has been some support for a Finn lynch.
FinnLaw
FinnLaw
Goon
FinnLaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:04 am

Post by FinnLaw »

In post 435, Beck wrote:Not to mention he started being active after specifically being called out for being inactive

So should I have instead not got involved in the game? Scum if I do scum if I dont.
FinnLaw
FinnLaw
Goon
FinnLaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:08 am

Post by FinnLaw »

Like I said I was struggling to get into the game. When I came back I read over the thread and after being away for a bit people have already said what your thinking. Am I not allowed to use other peoples arguments to help form the basis of mine. Sometimes there simply isn't anything else to say because someone else has already agreed with it.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:15 am

Post by Beck »

In post 443, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Beck showed slight suspicion towards Finn, mostly due to his lurking though, not his actual post content

I just posted a quote that disproves this statement
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:17 am

Post by Beck »

In post 444, FinnLaw wrote:
In post 435, Beck wrote:Not to mention he started being active after specifically being called out for being inactive

So should I have instead not got involved in the game? Scum if I do scum if I dont.

You started posting content after I called you out for your content then you vote me for it hiding behind bad reasons
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:17 am

Did you?

It looks like you mentioned 'beetlejuicing' and lurking more than his post content.

Am I wrong?
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:22 am

Post by Beck »

In post 318, Beck wrote:The low posters who bug me the most is Finn,
nothing but iioa in his posts.

Yep, here. Reading is fundamental
Beck =/= The band