Micro 407: Jurassic Park Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:01 am

Post by Beck »

In post 344, ArcAngel9 wrote:
Yungh0mo have been force replaced. He dodged his 3rd prod and vanished again. I will start looking for his replacement.

He just posted on this page though...
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:02 am

Post by Beck »

Or last page lol
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

FinnLaw
FinnLaw
Goon
FinnLaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:38 am

Post by FinnLaw »

In post 320, Mathdino wrote:Hmm, okay, this post by Beck seems super town to me.
I'm cool with pressuring lurkers as long as we don't quicklynch them.

UNVOTE: Beck
VOTE: yung

While I agree that the little content Yungh0mo has contributed has been suspicious, first his RVS vote that included a reason and then his reply where he contradicted himself. You earlier said your 'cool with lynching lurkers as long as we don't quicklynch them' do you not think this just nearly happened had the mod not replaced him?

What gets me about the Yungh0mo near lynch is that what are the chances of catching scum from basically 2 posts?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:52 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

The same chance as catching scum with 1,000 posts.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:33 am

Post by Pine »

A little bit V/LA until Tuesday morning. Probably should have taken V/LA for the whole weekend, hence my absence
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
FinnLaw
FinnLaw
Goon
FinnLaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:21 am

Post by FinnLaw »

BlueBloodedToffee wrote:The same chance as catching scum with 1,000 posts.

He might be scum, it just seems like we would be getting lucky getting his lynch correct from 2 posts. Maybe I'm just not giving people enough credit ha.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:24 am

It has nothing to do with 'luck' or number of posts.

Whether he was acting scummy in 2 posts or 1,000 is irrelevant.

You said he might be scum. Can you elaborate on this?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
FinnLaw
FinnLaw
Goon
FinnLaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:31 am

Post by FinnLaw »

Basically what I mentioned before and the reason others voted him. His RVS vote wasn't really an random vote in that it contained a reason for the vote, i.e Scripten's aggressiveness. Yungh then responded saying his vote was random and he never had a reason to vote Scripten, he just said he didn't like his aggressiveness. To me this is him contradicting himself. Yungh not liking the agreessiveness was the reason for the vote, therefore it wasn't random imo.
FinnLaw
FinnLaw
Goon
FinnLaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:44 am

Post by FinnLaw »

Reading up a bit, here's some people I'm suspicious of (sorry for the long posts):

Beck
- Early on in the game when he was being attacked by Scripten for being non-committal, I sided with Beck because I thought Scripten was being unreasonable in expecting further reads that early. Unlike some others I didn't find his reaction to Scripten coming across as too defensive initially. I also liked Beck's questioning of Scripten over the flavor situation which was 'why did Scripten find Grib's comment reasonable if Scripten's PM contradicted it.'

However, as the game goes on Beck is tunnelling Scripten a bit and I didn't like how Beck still wanted to go through with the Scripten lynch even after the soft claim. I get you might not believe his claim but if he doesn't have proof day 2 then we lynch him. It is anti town to want to go ahead with the Scripten lynch after his soft claim even if you think he is lying as we face the potential risk of losing a town PR, when we can instead lynch him day 2 if he is lying. I was suspicious that he still wanted to go through with the lynch and potentially risk losing a town PR and he still has his vote on Scripten.

In post 314, Beck wrote:
It has nothing to do with the vote, it has everything to do with ignoring the obviously correct play. Refusal to claim is a scum claim.
Using fear of lynching a "possible" PR is also a scum claim

It is basically using fear of lynching a PR to avoid his lynch but we should be cautious of this risk. Anyways it is not him making us fear it and getting away freely. It is just simply being delayed. He says he has proof to clear his name, if he doesn't have this proof then we lynch him. He doesn't get away with it if he is scum, he just delays his lynch.

In post 311, Beck wrote:Oh ffs, town is.doomed

Go ahead and lynch me, town has no chance to win now

I also didn't like the above quote from Beck. It comes across slightly Ate. Maybe I'm getting it wrong, I don't have that much experience but that's how I read it.

VOTE: Beck

Scripten
- I have Scripten leaning scum. I have previously spoke of how I didn't like Scripten's early case on Beck. I thought he had unreasonable expectations of what he expected from Beck and thought his earlier vote and attack on Beck over the non-committal stuff was weak and him trying to push something as scummy when it wasn't.

While the flavour discussion was slightly confusing and one of the reasons I struggled to get involved, I didn't like Scripten's stance on the issue. As brought to light by others, I also didn't get why Scripten would find Grib's comments regarding flavor reasonable if it contradicted his own pm, surely it would make you a bit weary of it. But, Scripten has now soft-claimed, so he is on hold but hopefully he is being truthful about his claim come day 2.

Yungh0mo
- I've also recently spoke of finding Yungh suspicious but I'm not sure if things moved a little too fast on his wagon and someone was maybe being opportunistic.

I'm not sure whether both Beck and Scripten will both be scum and have just been bussing each other. Probably not, I think Scripten will probably have proof day 2. Still need to look into some other players but Null to slightly leaning town on Mathdino for his #235, it's a post I see coming from town not scum but now waiting for a response to a question I put to him. Null on Grib, beyond the flavor stuff I don't see much else of a case there. Leaning town on Insanity to, like the way she is questioning people.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:56 am

Post by Beck »

In post 358, FinnLaw wrote:anti town to want to go ahead with the Scripten lynch after his soft claim even if you think he is lying.

100% wrong, thanks for playing
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

FinnLaw
FinnLaw
Goon
FinnLaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:31 am

Post by FinnLaw »

Beck wrote:
In post 358, FinnLaw wrote:anti town to want to go ahead with the Scripten lynch after his soft claim even if you think he is lying.

100% wrong, thanks for playing

100% wrong is it. Bit closed minded arent you, I think someone has got tunnel vision.

It is anti town in the context of this game. We risk losing a potential PR. Its different from someone claiming whateva and you don't find out what role they actually have until they are lynched and they could go on to win, here we are just delaying his lynch if he has no proof. I don't like how your not interested in what this proof is.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:58 am

Post by Beck »

A PR at l-1 is always going to claim for fear of getting deep hammered.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:59 am

Post by Beck »

Derp hammered that is.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:00 am

In post 361, Beck wrote:A PR at l-1 is always going to claim for fear of getting deep hammered.

Wrong. I have refused to claim at L-1 as a PR many times.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:01 am

It's easier for scum to role-fish if people just insta-claim at L-1. I always wait for intent to hammer to be declared.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:04 am

Post by Scripten »

And beyond that, the wagon on me was total crap. If my expectations of your play weren't already so low, I would have considered you scum for pushing it, Beck. Pine, the player I voted FOR, realized without any prompting that my naked vote was a blatant reaction test. It's why I'm scumreading Grib now.
FinnLaw
FinnLaw
Goon
FinnLaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:12 am

Post by FinnLaw »

Usually they don't claim they have proof though. Yes scum might claim they are a town PR to avoid a lynch but they don't usually say I have proof come day 2. Because come day 2 they then have to reveal that proof, and then if they don't have that proof then that person will be lynched.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:32 am

Post by Beck »

OK so in the meantime we lose 2 townies before we Lynch scum, that's not a trade off I'm on with
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:35 am

What makes you so sure we won't lynch scum today?
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:37 am

Post by Beck »

Finding 2 scum on day 1 rarely happens, odds say we will Lynch town now we let scum off the hook
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

FinnLaw
FinnLaw
Goon
FinnLaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:38 am

Post by FinnLaw »

We might not find two scum day 1. We might find one scum and Scripten might be telling the truth and is actually town.
FinnLaw
FinnLaw
Goon
FinnLaw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:39 am

Post by FinnLaw »

Your acting like Scripten is the only scum and his lynch is the only road to go down.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:43 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 369, Beck wrote:Finding 2 scum on day 1 rarely happens, odds say we will Lynch town now we let scum off the hook

Because being lynched day 2 is totally "being let off the hook." Do you actually read what you are saying before you post?

Also, if you're so sure I'm scum, I won't be lynched, and that Grib is my scumbuddy, why aren't you voting him?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:44 am

Let's pretend Scripten is confirmed town Beck.

Where do you go next?
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:47 am

Post by Beck »

Stop trying to insult my intelligence, yes I read what I'm writing.

I'm not voting grib cause nobody else is voting grib. He gets to l-1, I'll hammer him but I'm keeping my vote where its at thanks

P.edit- I can't pretend something that isn't possible, cause he's confirmed scum already.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”