Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:13 am

Post by Glork »

Man, there's so much good shit from D1. You all should seriously read this stuff. There's even enough to implicate me if anybody wants to try hard enough.

Patrick:
What do you think of the D1 wagons against Spectrumvoid and the eventual lynch against IH?

MBL:
What do you think of the early wagon against AndrewS based on his suggestion of No-Lynch? What do you think of MGM's attitude towards Glork based on Glork's suggestion of No-Lynch?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:15 am

Post by Glork »

Er, sorry. AndrewS was lynched. IH was vigged. I have no idea how I managed to get those mixed up. Fine then... an addendum to my Patrick question:
Patrick:
What do you think of the D1 wagons against Spectrumvoid, the eventual lynch against AndrewS, and the people who discussed wanting to have IH vigged?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:16 am

Post by Glork »

FoS w/possible ItV: CES

You're being vague. I want specific posts/quotes with specific reasons. You obviously had to come to the decision somehow, and I want you to
explain what thought processes you went through as you played through Day One
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:18 am

Post by Glork »

And to clarify: The reason I am FoSing CES with possible intent to vote is because his responses have indicated to me that he likely doesn't know what he was thinking. This indicates to me that he really was just skating along, and/or that he didn't care what happened D1. This indicates to me that he very well may be one of our last scumbags.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:30 am

Post by Glork »

Post 422 looks bad for both Thesp and CES (worse for Thesp, by a small margin -- MeMe's tell and whatnot). They are trying to goad Zindaras into wagoning AndrewS, when Zindaras flatly states that he thinks an AndrewS lynch would be a mislynch.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:31 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

It's gut feelings, Glrok, as I have stated previously, that I'm basing these things on. I look at the totality of one's posting, not specific parts. I'm being vague because my reasons are vague. They're still correct though.

I also just said I did not come to these conclusions during Day 1 itself. I came to them during re-reads. And my opinions are based on all of a person's posts, so it's not a gradual process. Day 1 I was mostly busy bandwagonning. I'm not gonna lie about that. My thinking was more "Who has the most votes right now?" than anything else. You know perfectly well that this is not uncommon for me.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:34 am

Post by Glork »

Vote: CES
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:38 am

:nothelpful:

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:44 am

Post by Glork »

Hypocrite.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:45 am

I mean, at least respond to my post!

Your perception of me seems to be wholly coloured by Space Monkey. I believe I thought I was bussing bird1111 for a significant part of Day 1("thought" because he wasn't actually my scum buddy). If you want to metagame, you can't just look at one game in which I was scum. You're always going to find common ground between my play then and my play now. I'm confident that if you look at the entirety of my play, your metagaming argument fails.

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:47 am

Post by Glork »

CES:
Do you have some sort of aversion to making your analyses known to the rest of the town?
Do you expect anybody to accept you repeatedly saying "MGM and Glork are town" and "I am correct" and "I found Thesp as the Godfather" without substantiating those statements at all?
Do you feel that at least
trying
to explain your thoughts could
in any way
hurt
your chances of convincing anybody else to agree with you?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:48 am

Post by Glork »

I'm not looking at just Space Monkey. I am looking at the fact that you have been generally useless
throughout this entire game
and that
is a type of behavior which is indicative of scum, no matter who the player or what the game
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:55 am

Post by Glork »

Ugh.
Unvote, FoS: CES
until everyone has had a chance to talk/respond.

You people piss me off.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:10 am

It's more of a lack of actual analysis rather than an unwillingness to share, Glrok. If I had a nice concrete case on Thesp, I would've (obviously) shared it, but that's not the kind of player I am. Heck, I'm not sure why you're town. You are, though.
Glrok wrote:I'm not looking at just Space Monkey. I am looking at the fact that you have been generally useless throughout this entire game and that is a type of behavior which is indicative of scum, no matter who the player or what the game.
I thought we were talking about Day 1 here, dude. That's certainly the context of my remark.

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:28 am

Post by Glork »

Oh. Well yes, D1 was reminiscent of Space Monkey. But your play D1 is obviously not the only reason I suspect you.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:37 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

We get it, you two aren't aligned.

Glork, why'd you have an epiphany and treat CES as confirmed innocent for two days? CES, why have you thought Glork's guaranteed town worth following for two days? If you're actually town, do you really think there's no risk inherent in that plan, or is there a trick to it?
Glork wrote:You people piss me off.
I assume "you people" is inclusive of your own behavior at the end of day yesterday.
Glork wrote:
MBL:
What do you think of the early wagon against AndrewS based on his suggestion of No-Lynch? What do you think of MGM's attitude towards Glork based on Glork's suggestion of No-Lynch?
Glork, when Andrew made his nolynch call I was temporarily preoccupied in RL (remember LO2?) and was pretty much skimming the game, intending to become more active around Feb 5th when RL cooled off. I remember checking Andrew's postcount to see if he was a noob, and then determining that Andrew's move wasn't even remotely a serious proposal. I remember thinking "stereotypical responses from Adele (dogmatic), opportunistic (CES)". I don't recall learning a thing about anyone from that experience. I'm rereading Patrick right now and his thoughts on the Andrew situation mirrored mine for the most part.

From what I recall, I found Mgm saying a lot of nonsensical things on D1, and found him scummy for arguments that seemed cooked or not logically consistent. As I reread, I began to wonder if Mgm was having "off days" or was just slightly less logical than average in general, and it seemed that he was reading the thread and making deeper observations than I typically expect from scum. Tone: townish, Logic or lack thereof: scummish.
Glork wrote:286 by MBL looks like
fuuuuuel
for the fire.
Spectrumvoid was in the process of wrecking my Old Maid Mafia game via inactivity. I have many reasons to believe she is lazy lurking scum. She earned the wagon she got, and just like Adele on D2, I think she was lazy and inattentive because she knew she could claim to get out of trouble. Terrible town play.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by Glork »

Terrible misrepresentation, MBL. I did not treat CES as a "confirmed innocent" for two days. I tried to get him to talk near the end of D2 when CDB was going down, by asking him to give his thoughts on everybody. (Note that he never did that, even though I asked him multiple times to do so. He said he'd do it, but just never came through.) I voted him near the start of D3, and he/Zindaras were at the top of my list for quite some time. D4, he fell down on my list because you and Nightfall had risen to the top -- I really thought that you two were in league together, MBL.

Don't misrepresent me.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:39 pm

Post by Thesp »

Sorry I haven't posted in about a week, most of my games have been suffering my lack of time. Let's fix that now.
Glork wrote:Thesp, your playstyle has finally gotten under my nerves. I know you do this "I'm going to call X scum and stick with it" thing..... but I'm having a hard time figuring out any of your thoughts from D1. Please look over your own D1 posts, look over the posts and interactions of the people whom you suspected, and explain your train of thought throughout the day.
I must confess the "call someone scum and stick with it" ruse is less ruse and more stubbornness than I'd like to admit. I tend to think I'm right on things, even when I know I might be wrong. But let's go over D1 suspicions - though I wish I'd taken notes, I think I can reconstruct most of my thoughts here...

I thought AndrewS was scum, scum, scum. I was singing it at home to kristocker, proud of how I'd found a scum D1 already in this game (the vote to no-lynch and his general arguments of "I was doing something scummy to see what reactions I'd get reeked). I was flat-out wrong.

I did have other suspicions as well, which I alluded to:

ChannelDelibird
:
ChannelDelibird wrote:I'm not convinced by that explanation. I also feel that if you feel you learned something from it, telling the town who you feel made a scummy reaction to your post would help your position (if it's justified, of course). FoS: AndrewS
This quote felt very deflection-y, and sounded like in-thread scum-to-scum communication, and led to my proclamation (and repeated insistence) that ChannelDelibird was AndrewS's partner (and later that he should be vigged).

MrBuddyLee
: This post was a quick-summary post on each player, which say very little of actual substance, and left the door open for suspicion on almost every player. I tend to think such posts come from scum.

I hope this helps. I'm nowhere near a full re-read, but I will confess CES's latest approach reeks to me of the "I'm CES and I'm CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY! You can't lynch me for being CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY!"

MrBuddyLee wrote:ps. I have a good idea who CDB's partners are. There are like 4 of you.
Who were those 4 people? Also, what do you think of CES's attitude towards CDB, especially CES's assertion that he was very clear that he was severely more suspicious of CDB after CDB's claim?

Looking over everyone's posts in isolation, I'm not really wild about Patrick's posts today. I am curious, though, why do you think CTD was killed? I'm fine with purely speculative thought.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:15 pm

Post by Mgm »

Glork wrote:MGM, could you explain what you meant in Post 173? I can't figure out if you're saying "The people who wagoned Glork/Andrew are scummier than Glork/Andrew" or if you're saying "The people who attacked Glork/Andrew's wagoners are scummier than those aforementioned wagoners."
I actually see the attack of both Andrew's and Glork's bandwagoners as more opportunistic than the actual bandwagoning. We have to start somewhere and voting someone suggesting a no lynch on day 1 is pretty standard.
It's the second idea ("The people who attacked Glork/Andrew's wagoners are scummier than those aforementioned wagoners.") I would've expected the last line in that post to make those thoughts pretty clear. In other words: attacking people who are bandwagoning for a perfectly good reason is scummy.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:01 pm

Post by Mgm »

Glork wrote:
MGM in response to Glork wanting to know who thought he was serious about a no lynch wrote:I do. Because you actually voted no lynch when we were discussing how bad a no lynch would be for the town following Andrew's bandwagon. If you're pro-town, surely you have a better place to put your vote than on a no lynch you know won't happen. It is a waste of voting power.
I still don't get it. I'm pretty sure it was apparent that Glork wasn't being serious. In later posts you still don't seem to accept it. I thought you did, after this post though.
MGM wrote:
AndrewS wrote:MGM, read the game - he was parodying me....
Oops, I guess I was the one not paying attention. I thought his post 117 was in response to my post 116. I didn't notice he responded to an SV quote.
apparently not, as in your next post though
MGM wrote:Thesp, you've pretty much worded my feelings better than I could myself, but just in case someone wants to hear it.

AndrewS and Glork made a bad suggestion. Whether they meant it is irrelevant. Suggesting it is scummy, following through on it by making the vote is scummier.

Granted, you might get a few scum on your bandwagon, but not because they're opportunists, it will be because you called the wagon on yourself and it's logical to punish scummy actions or take action against anti-town play. Scum want to mix in, so if the town wagons you, they'll join (regardless of whether you're their buddy or a townie). It's not rocket science.
From some of his posts I see him trying to make Glork look scummy because he voted for a no lynch.

= / When no one else seemed to go along with it, it just kinda seemed to.... drop.

mm, I'm feeling pretty good with an Mgm lynch at the moment.

Also Mgm, I'm not sure WHAT the attack on the person link had to do with anything in one of your posts.

Could you please say something about your behavior regarding Andrew and Glork from D1?[/quote] Those quotes and what Thesp said is pretty much what I think about it. I don't see what I could add to it.
Show
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:02 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Vote Count

MrBuddyLee: 1 (Mgm)

No lynch: 1 (MBL)

Not voting: CES Glork Patrick Thesp

It will take
votes to decide whether and if so whom to lynch!
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:19 pm

Post by Mgm »

MrBuddyLee wrote:From what I recall, I found Mgm saying a lot of nonsensical things on D1, and found him scummy for arguments that seemed cooked or not logically consistent. As I reread, I began to wonder if Mgm was having "off days" or was just slightly less logical than average in general, and it seemed that he was reading the thread and making deeper observations than I typically expect from scum. Tone: townish, Logic or lack thereof: scummish.
That's where we seem to disagree. I voted people for suggesting no lynch on day one. I find that scummy in any game (just as some would vote for self-voters in a heartbeat). The fact that they later claim to have some ulterior motive to justify it is irrelevant and could easily be made up. Also, joking at this point can only confuse the town (which is a bad thing).

Most of the logic I used this game is logic I have used in other games before, and the fact no one called it nonsensical then should tell us something.
Show
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:34 pm

Post by Mgm »

Hey, Glork. You've been asking loads of questions, but what do you think about MBL's no lynch idea to increase our chances of lynching correctly? Each time we talk, the chances such a no lynch would benefit the scum more than it would us is rising, so if we're doing it, we need to make that choice soon.
Show
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:39 am

Post by Patrick »

Taking a trip back to day 1.
Glork wrote:Patrick: What do you think of the D1 wagons against Spectrumvoid, the eventual lynch against AndrewS, and the people who discussed wanting to have IH vigged?
As for the wagon on spectrumvoid, I thought I made my thoughts clear about it much earlier. Fritz attacked her early, for seemingly no reason whatsoever. Typical Fritz. Then you voted her based on the roll of a die. Mbl has just explained why he voted her, which I tend to believe actually. Pfft, then we have Adele and Zindaras hopping on though it's not clear why. Seems they were just being stupid, now we know they were both town. Then CES hops on, obviously no reason given. Then IH hopped on, again no reason, though I questioned him about it. He cobbled together some case later on after she had claimed vig, when I forced it out of him. Despite the fact IH was town, I think that case was likely just something he made up to appease me. So obvious conclusion is that it was a terrible wagon. I've played a load of games with spectrumvoid, and I know she can often look slightly scummy mainly because she's often being lazy and only half playing the game. But the wagon on her was obviously completely out of proportion with anything she'd done. By simple process of elimination, I can tell there was at least one scum on that wagon.

The AndrewS wagon was again, in my opinion, out of proportion. I disliked some of the people hopping on for, as Ether put it, "bullshit reasons" or no reason at all. IH was the player I disliked the most. I also disliked Thesp's obviously disproportionate attack on AndrewS, but I've played with him before, and it seemed mostly like typical Thesp, meaning he would take a small thing and blow it up into something huge, and push for one person for the rest of the day, repeating over and over, "Why is Andrew not lynched yet?" I remember not liking some of the WIFOM defences used by Andrew, but that was about it. I also felt that the way the wagon developed on him made it slightly more likely he was town and that there were scum on the wagon. There must have been 2-3 scum on the it. I would have hammered him to avoid a no lynch, but that's about it. I wasn't overely excited.

As for the vigging. Some people did seem to be just vig IH without really explaining why, but it didn't worry me as much since I thought IH was scum and was happy to see him vigged. I remember being a bit confused by Adele suggesting 3 possible vigging targets and not really liking her system. So yeah. A load of people seemed happy to vig IH. MBL gave one or two reasons, which were ok, though the main thing I didn't like about IH was he was very oppotunistic, and was attacking easy targets. He didn't seem to think about the Andrew thing very deeply at all, and never really gave any answers that satisfied me.

Out of the people alive, I preferred and still prefer MBL's stances towards all those things. I get the impression half the players didn't take day 1 seriously at all, which made it hard to tell idiots from scum. Glork and CES just bandwagoned. I didn't like Mgm's stance towards spectrumvoid, and attacked him on day 2 about it (apparently guessing she was a powerole but not defending her and teling her to claim etc.) He seemed alright with an IH vigging, though I'm not particularly clear on why, other than IH being "second on the list". Again, the impression I get from several people is that they were ok to play slightly flippantly on day 1, maybe because we had such a large numerical advantage over scum (my feeling is this setup in general is slightly good for the town - maybe I'm wrong). Thesp was insane on Andrew, but at least didn't vote for spectrumvoid. He didn't play a big part in the vigging process, it's true. You'd think he's have pushed more for Delibird. But then again he had that odd argument for not deciding vigging targets anyway. I personally disagreed with it, I doubt we were ever going to lynch spectrumvoid after the vig claim, and I was about 98.67% sure she was telling the truth. I didn't see scum choosing vig as a fakeclaim.

I haven't reread everything, because I forgot that being home again makes it harder to spend insane amounts of time at the computer without being yelled at. I think we likely have 2 scum in (CES, MgM, MBL) though it's not set in stone. If Glork turns out to be scum I will seriously cry and probably give up ever trying to read him in future. I don't know what Thesp doesn't like about my posts today, considering I'd hardly posted anything at that point. MgM's first post still feels slightly off because he seemed to come out of the gates with a vote and a ready made plan, which isn't at all how I felt. We had just learned the alignments of two more people. I know that Mgm seemed heavily suspicious of Ether, so it just seemed odd that he didn't say anything at all about that and just went back to what he was doing yesterday. Plus whenever someone comes out of the gates saying, "X was killed and this incriminates Y" it instinctively makes me think of a setup. The first thing that popped into my head when I read that was, "It's CES/MgM". I think CES/MgM is possible, though I did comment earlier that it seems like an incredibly bold scumpair, in that they've both been defending each other, and to some extent CDB, for most of the game for apparently no real reason. That's one concern with that scumpairing, it seems a little brazen at the moment. CES/MBL is possible, but I need to read up more on it. Obviously they've attacked each other somewhat. I don't get the MBL/Thesp thing sugested, as I do think MBL questioned Thesp pretty thoroughly earlier on. I don't know where Glork got that from, so I'm assuming he misremembered.

Currently if I had to have a stand alone top suspect, it's probably CES. I don't want to lynch either of the guys who can't be goons at this stage. Worse odds there.

Heh, post 1645 by Glork bothers me a bit because he just flat out states that Thesp is town. I'm not such a big advocate as MBL on freudian slip tells, but still.

I need to eat now. At some point I'll try to get a closer look at the interactions between MBL and each of the two dutch guys.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:33 am

Post by Patrick »

Thesp wrote:Looking over everyone's posts in isolation, I'm not really wild about Patrick's posts today. I am curious, though, why do you think CTD was killed? I'm fine with purely speculative thought.
It was unexpected, given that other people seemed to have attracted less suspicion. I gave one possible reason in the previous post. I don't really get the possible reason MBL gave, since I don't think Ether/CTD had such a brilliant voting record. I'm always unsure how much to read into a nightkill. I'd rather go by what's in the thread. What about you?
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”