Micro 407: Jurassic Park Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:04 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I think Scripten got hammered.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:05 am

The mod hasn't counted Yung's 'RVS' vote on Scripten.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:08 am

Post by Scripten »

Wait, seriously? Goddamn it. I'm waiting to hear what the mod says, but if that's true, that is majorly irritating. I hate derphammers.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:08 am

In post 15, FinnLaw wrote:VOTE: Scripten

For stealing my vote and reason.

In post 121, yungh0mo wrote:Oh it posted lmaoo my computer was being weird sorry. Just RVS VOTE: Scripten because aggressiveness is kinda bleh

No, it's not.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:09 am

Whoops.

The Mod didn't count Yung's vote because it was on a continuous line.

Wow. That was close.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:09 am

Post by Scripten »

Oh, right, the vote wasn't counted because it was in the same line as other content. Okay, phew.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:11 am

Still want Yung to answer how that's an RVS vote when he provided reasoning for the vote.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:12 am

Post by Scripten »

Damn, BBT, give me a heart attack, why don't you? If you wanted me out of the game that bad, you could just mislynch me. :P

Also, Yung said he's catching up, so a day of reading is fairly understandable.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:16 am

Post by Grib »

Ahahahaha. Amazing.

I'm in class, should be at a computer in an hour.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:19 am

Meh, he doesn't have that much to read and I don't have a lot of patience.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:38 am

Post by Beck »

In post 277, Scripten wrote:Wait, seriously? Goddamn it. I'm waiting to hear what the mod says, but if that's true, that is majorly irritating. I hate derphammers.

That's why protown power roles don't refuse to claim when they are at l-1

Which is why you aren't a pro town power role.

Rope em
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:40 am

Beck, seriously. Stop.

If he's lying, which I highly doubt because he has no reason to at all, we lynch him D2.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:52 am

Post by Beck »

Are you kidding me? He was at l-1, thats plenty of reason if he's scum.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:58 am

In post 287, Beck wrote:Are you kidding me? He was at l-1, thats plenty of reason if he's scum.

OK, let's think about this.

Scripten said he can confirm himself as town tomorrow. So, we can;

a) Lynch him today. It could end up that he was telling the truth and we lose a town PR

or

b) We let him do his thing and re-evaluate on D2. If we're not happy with what he has to offer, we lynch him then.

If he is telling the truth, it's a serious blow to town to lose a PR D1. If he can confirm himself as town D2, we narrow the pool to lynch from to find scum.

Sound good?
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:02 am

Post by Beck »

Not to me, cause he didn't act like a real town PR should act but carry on. I'm not changing my vote
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:14 am

Post by Grib »

Spoiler: replies to people
In post 255, insanity018 wrote:You could have been just jumping on because it looked like an easy wagon.

Do you think jumping onto what appears to be an easy wagon would be something I'd want to do as scum? Do you think I'd do something that would make literally every single townie look at me and think "wow, he must be jumping on an easy wagon"?

I have actual reasons, don't worry.

In post 257, Beck wrote:Aww cmon, follow through with bussing your partner. He's said nothing that deserves a stay of execution

;)

Seriously, though, Scripten has a point. Why him over me if you think we're buddies?

In post 262, Scripten wrote:
Grib:
Why do you believe that BBT and myself are unaligned? Why would that affect your vote? Since you said my naked vote on Pine was small beans, walk me through the process of switching over to the wagon on me and then back to BBT, please?

UNVOTE: Pine
VOTE: Grib

and . You're likely not knowingly aligned. I don't have a particularly strong read on you either way so I didn't really mind lynching you. If you were to flip scum, from my POV that would clear BBT and I could stop trying to kill him. Then you claimed you could prove your role/alignment, so I switched back to him.

That was my thought process to a T.

In post 268, Scripten wrote: is rolefishing because he's operating on the idea that I'm at L-1, when I'm not. I'm placed him in my null slot because he would not tunnel me this hard if he were scum. BBT is a strange player, compared to the meta here. I am not scumreading him right now because of the way I've seen him play in other games, though. I'm actually not capitalizing on his tunnel on you. I was and am not scumreading you for the flavor discussion from before.

Could you answer my , please? It's kind of important.

Well, you were. Was it rolefishing then, or only now that you're out of L-1 range?

Yes, that is exactly what you are doing. You are taking advantage of his read on me and his reasons for doing so.

You said: "How about you come join me on the Grib wagon, instead? BBT will be here soon, too."
I interpreted that as" "How about you come join me on the Grib wagon, instead? The guy who's been mindlessly tunneling Grib will be here soon to back me up and I'm going to use that to my advantage."

In post 274, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:The most suspect vote of the game so far. Where did this come from?

Grib, can you expand on please?

Done.

In post 248, Scripten wrote:Don't need to claim. I have verifiable proof that I'm town come Day 2, which will appear regardless of whether I die overnight or not. Only a very stupid town will lynch me today.

If I don't produce results tomorrow, lynch me then.

In post 270, Scripten wrote:I'm not claiming my role and rendering it moot on Day 1, thanks.

Walk me through wy claiming is bad if you're going to be townfirmed literally regardless of whatever happens. Lynch or no lynch, NK or no NK, you will be town. Yes?

I played with someone who promised up and down he'd be townfirmed the following Day when it looked like he was about to get lynched. He ended up being a Vanilla Town who lied so he could survive. Amazingly, he made it to endgame and helped us win.

Point is, promises are usually bullshit. So I'm skeptical, but also willing to see it through because to completely ignore it would be dumb.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:16 am

Post by Grib »

I should point out the only reason he didn't immediately get lynched after he revealed he was lying was because on that same Day there was a Cop guilty claim and it sort of drowned out the drama.

Fun times.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:35 am

Post by Pine »

In post 254, Grib wrote:I have him and BBT as unaligned pairs.

Why are you asking easy questions?

Whoa, hold up.

Unaligned pairs? Occam's razor would not jump to this, the simpler solution is Town vs Town, or at least the possibility of such. Jumping to "unaligned pairs" sounds like "informed minority" to me

Grib's lost all Towncred with me, and gone onto my watchlist. I could absolutely see the Grib/BBT squabble as an early super bussing tactic

In post 258, Scripten wrote:
In post 256, Beck wrote:
That's not how it works, obvious stalling tactic.

Yes, actually, that is how it works. Quit rolefishing.

What rolefishing? He wasn't rolefishing
In post 262, Scripten wrote:I'm more sure that Pine and insanity018 are town now. (Sorry for the vote, Pine. Wanted to gauge a few reactions.) Beck... is null because he's single-minded and tunnel-y as hell, but tunneling is pretty much a null tell, if not town. So right now I'm left with lurkers and Grib, who suddenly feels a little off to me.

Grib:
Why do you believe that BBT and myself are unaligned? Why would that affect your vote? Since you said my naked vote on Pine was small beans, walk me through the process of switching over to the wagon on me and then back to BBT, please?

UNVOTE: Pine
VOTE: Grib

It was pretty poor reaction tests you were super obvious about it, even before everyone blew up your spot. The mere fact that you're setting traps and doing reaction tests, plus the speed and ease of that wagon on you makes me think you're Town

BECK
- You're tunneling unnecessarily. Chill
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:37 am

Post by Pine »

In post 269, Beck wrote:Proper play is a person refuses to claim = death by lynch.

No

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:38 am

Post by Pine »

Scripten vs Beck looks very Town vs Town to me

Still do not even remotely get the Scripten wagon

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:38 am

Post by Grib »

Try actually reading my posts, Pine. They aren't there to look pretty.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:41 am

Post by Pine »

I did, and I didn't find your explanation convincing. A {not scumbuddies} opinion I get, an {unaligned pair} read on D1 suggests inside information

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:48 am

Post by Scripten »

Spoiler: Grib
In post 290, Grib wrote:
and . You're likely not knowingly aligned. I don't have a particularly strong read on you either way so I didn't really mind lynching you. If you were to flip scum, from my POV that would clear BBT and I could stop trying to kill him. Then you claimed you could prove your role/alignment, so I switched back to him.

That was my thought process to a T.

Alright, fair enough. So why wait to hop on until then? Beck's been on my case most of the game.

In post 290, Grib wrote:
Was it rolefishing then, or only now that you're out of L-1 range?

Now that I'm out of L-1. Though, the amount of pushing he's doing is annoying regardless. He's a single-minded player, similarly to BBT but significantly worse about it.

In post 290, Grib wrote:
You said: "How about you come join me on the Grib wagon, instead? BBT will be here soon, too."
I interpreted that as" "How about you come join me on the Grib wagon, instead? The guy who's been mindlessly tunneling Grib will be here soon to back me up and I'm going to use that to my advantage."

You figured it out already. You just don't know it or prefer not to say you know yet. See here:

In post 290, Grib wrote:
Seriously, though, Scripten has a point. Why him over me if you think we're buddies?

Beck doesn't care how likely your wagon is to come to lynch nor that he's reading you as my scumbuddy. This tells me things. Does it tell you things?

In post 290, Grib wrote:
Walk me through wy claiming is bad if you're going to be townfirmed literally regardless of whatever happens. Lynch or no lynch, NK or no NK, you will be town. Yes?

I'm getting more than just a town confirmation for myself tomorrow. Again, I'd like to not discuss what my role is until then.

In post 290, Grib wrote:
I played with someone who promised up and down he'd be townfirmed the following Day when it looked like he was about to get lynched. He ended up being a Vanilla Town who lied so he could survive. Amazingly, he made it to endgame and helped us win.

Point is, promises are usually bullshit. So I'm skeptical, but also willing to see it through because to completely ignore it would be dumb.

This is no fakeclaim and if I were not a power role, I would not be playing in this fashion. However, you are right to be skeptical. If I produce nothing tomorrow or you are not convinced, lynch me.

Pine:
Can you imagine what would have happened if I hadn't been this obvious about it? Also, Beck is probably town, so yes, it's reading town vs town to me. I just wish he would start scumhunting elsewhere as well, so we might be able to lynch actual scum.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:29 am

Post by Pine »

Nothing would have happened. I have a policy, as both Town and scum, of outright ignoring pressure votes and votes that have no reason attached

Alright, I have solid townreads on Scripten and Beck, a mild townread on Mathdino, mild scum read on Grib, moderate scum read on BBT. The rest of you need to post more of substance

Scripten, lynche BBT with me

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:48 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 298, Pine wrote:Nothing would have happened. I have a policy, as both Town and scum, of outright ignoring pressure votes and votes that have no reason attached

Alright, I have solid townreads on Scripten and Beck, a mild townread on Mathdino, mild scum read on Grib, moderate scum read on BBT. The rest of you need to post more of substance

Scripten, lynche BBT with me

I have a mild town read on BBT. I know it's wholly meta-oriented, but this is just how BBT plays. Specifically, take a look at Micro 382 where BBT was a cop. Watch how tunnel-y he gets on me. Then look at Newbie 1425 where BBT and I are scum together.

Both are slightly different, but you can catch a lot of his various traits in both, and this game feels very town-BBT to me. I would rather lynch Grib today.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”