Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:01 pm

Post by Shteven »

Shteven's Official Very Brief Player Summary!

Unmentioned characters are the ones that haven't made enough of an impression for me to remember.

TCS - Initially seemed scummy due to evasive/odd gameplay. Now, I'm thinking that since game-related posting has picked up, it may be better to go after the people slipping, than people who are just evasive. Perhaps another day.

Albert's much the same as TCS, with an added unusually early claim and starting behavior which puts him slightly ahead of TCS.

Glork - With all the posting he's done, some of it is bound to rub me the wrong way. But a lot of it is accurate and useful, so it's hard to say. Are the few mistakes scum tells, or inevitable goofs just from posting so much? I don't like the way he over defended Guardian early game, although he's now backed off of it. Correcting a scum tell or simple oversight? In any case, he is voting for me, so he can't be perfect! :)

HackerHuck - You are my hero. You're either very pro-town or the best scum I've seen. I really hope I'm not wrong about this, but hey, you're town.

Autumn - Seems a bit too dedicated to scum hunting. I mean, that's a good thing, but let's remember to breathe, ok? And I wasn't very thrilled with your response to my last question. I wasn't really saying that you're scum, just that you only gave one of the possible outcomes to clear BM. BM is not cleared in my mind.

BM, for the record, is basically another Albert/TCS. He makes me uncomfortable, but I don't have much to go on.

BT - While sadly distracting, I think he managed to defend anti-lurker hunting pretty well. Haven't seen anything that makes me doubt him much yet.

Yogurt - Arguments against Yogurt have seemed convincing so far. That said, I'd really want to go and reread them for myself before I take other people's word for it. Still, it's an IGMEOY.

Guardian - I don't like the way that he jumped his vote around frequently early game. Granted, this is day one, and he's slowed down now, I think he's realized he overdid it a bit. Still, all the jumping, and especially the jumps onto BM's wagon, make him my leading choice for today.

Vote: Guardian
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:46 pm

Post by BillyTwilight »

Glork,

Can you make a post similar to #699 on how you feel about Shteven? Your obvious desire to lynch him seems a little unfounded to me right now. For a while you were seriously hitting Guardian, but then you seemed to talk yourself out of a vote for Guardian with your analysis post #699, and quickly defaulted back to a Shteven vote. I looked quickly through all of your posts (out of context) and didn't see any real strong case against Shteven there; maybe your basing your actions off things others have said about him that I missed?

I think Shteven has had some scummy posts, but not enough to be an obvious lynch for the day. YB is the best lynch for the day, followed by TCS. After that is a host of people who I find more difficult to read but am getting a scummy vibe from. Guardian, Albert, BM, and Shteven are the latter.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Oed' und leer das Meer.[/i]

Und sagt die Zauberw├â┬Ârter Simsalbimbamba Saladu Saladim
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:22 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

14. Haut Boy 14. AutumnEvenings
Well Glork, then here's a test: close your eyes and tell me what MBL thinks about five random players (not counting yourself). If you can do it, I'm impressed.
Protownish observation.
AutumnEvenings wrote:I'd be quite happy lynching the following: Billy, Yogurt, Albert, Shteven, and possibly a few others
Pretty sizable "happy list", I like to narrow mine down a lot more before I consider being happy with my decision. YMMV.
I don't think he's doing it instead of scum-hunting, which is what I accused you of, as he's done an awful lot of the latter.
I would have used "appeared to have done" as town but meh. Dense, nuanced, observant posts. Autumn, what do you think of MoS? Reason I ask is you asked him a question about BT, then reminded the rest of us six times that you asked that question.

15. Billy Twilight - not manipulative, other than on the soapbox about lurker hunting. "BTW, part of the reason I think YB is scum is because of his forced sounding ask for a lurker hunt against N9V." without a vote on YB is a little suspicious, but he followed up with the vote a few days later. No major scumsigns otherwise.

16. Jack - Paying attention, playing like I am--reading posts and making observations, not so much picking out scum yet. His vote's on me, which is a pretty crappy place for it imo but his recent votes on Yogurt and Shteven weren't bad.

18. Nik Zero 18. Yosarian2 - Appears to be scumhunting, which made me realize we won't be able to tell scum town from SK very easily, so we're basically hunting mafia for now. Saying someone is "townish" is kind of misleading at this point because SK and town share an agenda. Nothing Yos has said bothers me, and I'm extra paranoid about him because I've never seen him as scum that I can recall.

19. Johhan-Only 11 posts.
I'm keeping an eye on who's on the albert bandwagon, since i think he's scum but also find several of those voting for him suspicious.
Bizarre. Votes BM but: "That last sentence screams scum to me, but also makes me keep an eye on Albert." Albert-centric, using Albert to incriminate. Fascinating.
johhan wrote:Oh, I believe that you just made a mistake, it was how quick you snapped to the defensive, and have been doing most of the game, that bugs me.
This sounds like scum chiding town. Actively distancing/bussing scum.

20. BeanBagBoy (BBB) 20. Plessiez Bizarre opening statement:
I don't think Glork's survival is any reason to blame him. We don't know what went on last night, it could have been any number of reasons that kept him alive.
Actually no, it's only two reasons: two scumgroups chose not to kill him or one chose not to and he's in the other.
your votes give others information, so as a rule voting is a good thing (in random voting)
Ok, we're dealing with a slightly illogical person here. Noted.
If we're going after non contributers, Unvote: Jack, Vote: YogurtBandit
Curious use of "we're".
Unvote, there are too many people too close to being lynched.
Another weird quote and bad reason to unvote... weird excuse for protecting BM?
still, that's enough to keep my vote where it is."
Pointing out masons: clueless tell. except that i think beanbag's an alt, so wtf...
FOSes me two weeks late for my first post about the sv kill. No firm conclusion, seemed like an alter playing intentionally bizarre.

I'm leaving the most painful reads for last: Yogurt, Guardian, Albert, BM, Glork.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:59 pm

Post by Shteven »

MrBuddyLee wrote:20. BeanBagBoy (BBB) 20. Plessiez Bizarre opening statement:
I don't think Glork's survival is any reason to blame him. We don't know what went on last night, it could have been any number of reasons that kept him alive.
Actually no, it's only two reasons: two scumgroups chose not to kill him or one chose not to and he's in the other.
Man, people just seem to be missing edge cases left and right, don't they?

Glork could have been saved by a doctor protection. This is assuming we have one (or two), as that's not certain. This can apply to him whether or not he is scum or town.

Again, I don't mean this to imply that MBL is scum trying to hide cases. I just wanted to point this out.

MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:03 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Two scumgroups, two kills.
AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:33 pm

Post by AutumnEvenings »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Pretty sizable "happy list", I like to narrow mine down a lot more before I consider being happy with my decision. YMMV.
Yeah, my mileage does vary. ;) I don't think Day One lynches are random or whatever, but...eh. I have between 4-6 suspects. I obviously want to wait till Plessiez starts posting, especially as I was suspcious of BeanBagBoy, but early in games, I tend to cast my net kind of wide. And I'm honestly having a very hard time reading a lot of people, and looking over voting patterns really isn't showing me anything just yet. Basically, I see those four plus
BBB
-->Pless as the most suspicious and at this point I'd be happy with running them up. I'm having a hard time keeping track of everyone, and people vanish (InHim, hi, are you out there?) and blur together, so I feel kind of like that'll be the best I can do for now. Of course I'll adapt, but as of this moment, I'd be happy with any of them as the play.
MrBuddyLee wrote:Autumn, what do you think of MoS? Reason I ask is you asked him a question about BT, then reminded the rest of us six times that you asked that question.
I actually feel somewhat good about MoS. N9V did one thing which bothered me--placed the 5th vote on the first Albert wagon with weak reasoning--but MoS's posts seem fairly pro-town. He seems to rely on his gut more than I do and we have different styles, but I haven't gotten scummy vibes from him.

I mentioned that question so many times because people kept asking. :p The interesting part was how Yogurt and HungryJoe seemed to leap to Billy's defense (or alternitively, to shut down my questioning, which is basically the same thing, I'd think). It's possible that they're all in it together, but that seems fairly unlikely, and MoS isn't connected to any of them in any other ways I've noticed, nor does he seem nearly as scummy.
[color=blue][i]"They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved and how. And how much." --Arundhati Roy[/i][/color]
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:33 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

MrBuddyLee wrote:7. ~N9V~ 7. Mastermind Of Sin - for some reason i got a protown vibe off of: "Still feeling good about him, yay!" Went most sharply after the player who attacked his predecessor, something I'd expect from protown replacement. I liked most of his initial thoughts post except for the paragraph on me which is paranoid and obtuse. And he's sticking with it for whatever reason.
Wait, what!? When did you attack my predecessor? That did not influence my vote on you.
Permanent V/LA.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:37 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

*tunes his sarcasm detector to Channel Z*

I was referring to Yogurt, who you seemed to find scummier in your initial post.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:46 pm

I don't remember Yogurt attacking my predecessor, either. No actions towards my predecessor influenced my suspicions, unless the actions themselves were scummy. At no point did I see something directed a N9V, realize that was me, and make my decision differently because it was directed at me.

Also, that wasn't sarcasm.
Permanent V/LA.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:47 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

This question is directed to Yogurt and Albert only.
If you were scum right now, which of your three scumbuddies would you choose to throw under the bus, and why?
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:00 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I don't remember Yogurt attacking my predecessor, either.
Also, that wasn't sarcasm.
I guess you didn't find this sketchy:
Yogurt wrote:N9V could be a good play, but we should prod him first... pressure voting is okay, but we cant lynch him for lurking just yet.
Strongly implying that if he lurks just a lil bit longer, then maybe it'll be ok to lynch him...
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:41 pm

Actually, I did note that in my read-through, but I didn't register an OMGUS reaction because of it (not that you're implying my attack was OMGUS, but it wasn't
because
he chose to attack N9V in particular that I found it sketchy).
Permanent V/LA.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:19 am

Post by Battle Mage »

LoudmouthLee wrote:Since TSQ hasn't posted yet, and BM has explained why he hasn't made any game revelant posts in a week, BM is reinstated.

TSQ will be the next replacement, if needed.

That is all.
woot. the rate im getting killed in these large games, i dont want to lose 1 to inactivity. lol

Ill reread and post some serious content at the weekend. :)
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:28 am

Post by Plessiez »

Um. Hi.

Still haven't managed to catch up with the game yet, but I'll be reading over the thread when I can for the next few days, and hopefully I'll be up to speed by the weekend. If anything in particular stands out during my read I'll point it out, but otherwise I'll probably just save all my thoughts until I'm done and stick them all in the same post, along with any questions I have for people.

(In other words: I'm here, I'm reading, but don't expect much from me just yet).
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:58 am

Post by Shteven »

Two scumgroups, two kills.
Possible vig kill. Granted, a slim chance, as a vig shouldn't be killing on night one (or is that zero?). Just saying, it's possible ;P

The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:44 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Two scumgroups, two kills.
The setup is pretty much open. There is only 1 scumgroup.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:46 am

I was gonna say..."The New 'C9' "
Permanent V/LA.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:05 am

Does this mean that MBL is confirmed town or do you think he did that intentionally?
possibly
comment."
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:27 am

Neither. There is still an SK in addition to 4 mafia and the possibility of a vig. Not more than 1 scumgroup, but multiple killers.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:27 am

EBWOP: *multiple scum killers
Permanent V/LA.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:28 am

Post by Glork »

No, it means that MBL counted the SK as a "scumgroup" for the purpose of counting kills. :roll:
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:29 am

Same thing.

=P
Permanent V/LA.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:41 am

Glork wrote:No, it means that MBL counted the SK as a "scumgroup" for the purpose of counting kills. :roll:
I was under the impression that "group" implied "more than one." Meh.
possibly
comment."
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:02 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

MrBuddyLee wrote:
This question is directed to Yogurt and Albert only.
If you were scum right now, which of your three scumbuddies would you choose to throw under the bus, and why?
I dont fel the need to answer that, Because i am not scum.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:20 am

Post by HackerHuck »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Does this mean that MBL is confirmed town or do you think he did that intentionally?
Why are you trying to confirm MBL from those statements. Even if you were right, that has no indication of his alignment. This is even fishier than Autumn's assertion that BM must be town.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”