Micro 407: Jurassic Park Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 123, Grib wrote:Is this what we're talking about?

no I meant this

In post 83, Scripten wrote:Beck: Could you quote the parts of my posts you are replying to, please? It makes it easier to follow the flow of conversation

and I don't care if you dismiss my vote, just know that when he flips scum you owe me an apology or something, assuming you aren't his scum buddy which is still possible but not likely. I don't typically see scum buddies defending themselves this early in a game.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:54 pm

Post by Grib »

That post is later clarified by the one I just posted, i.e., he was simply asking you to quote his responses in the future to make things more organized.

The whole Herbivores = town thing was a mistake. I happened to get a town role (green) and an Herbivore (also green in this game) and the flavor suggests I hate Omnivores and Carnivores so I made a leap of logic. Scripten isn't arguing that PM flavor is alignment indicative, he's arguing that he believes I derped.

It's just getting confusing now.

In post 125, Beck wrote: just know that when he flips scum you owe me an apology or something

I don't owe you anything, nor will I. I'll congratulate you on your call if he does ever flip scum this game, but that's about all you're gonna get.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:53 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 126, Grib wrote:The whole Herbivores = town thing was a mistake. I happened to get a town role (green) and an Herbivore (also green in this game) and the flavor suggests I hate Omnivores and Carnivores

Which flavor suggests this, role pm or game?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:22 pm

Post by Grib »

PM. Obviously.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:33 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Sorry for not posting, it's gonna take about 20 mins for me, maybe longer, to put together some reads based off of ISOs. At the moment I don't have much due to wading through all that setup spec. Gonna post reads tomorrow.
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:43 pm

Post by insanity018 »

I agree with Beck that Scripten's posts are pinging oddly. Beck also seems town.

In post 61, Scripten wrote:
In post 60, Beck wrote:
In post 55, Scripten wrote:Grib had role flavor that suggested it, if he's not lying. I'm calling null until later.

interesting because my role pm doesn't suggest my alignment has anything to do with the type of dinosaur I am...

Neither did mine, but Grib's summary of the role flavor seemed reasonable. Didn't feel too alignment-indicative.

@Scripten, So if your role pm said nothing about type of dinosaur = alignment, why did you find Grib's discussion of role flavour 'reasonable'?

In post 77, Beck wrote:
But it seems scum are omnivores,
so if he were scum don't you think he would know a town carnivore would speak up?

Where did that come from?
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:08 pm

Post by insanity018 »

I'm thinking Grib is town atm.

In post 82, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I want to say Insanity is town already.

Her thoughts are lining up pretty well with mine.

You're not buddying me are you? :igmeou:

In post 121, yungh0mo wrote:Oh it posted lmaoo my computer was being weird sorry. Just RVS VOTE: Scripten because aggressiveness is kinda bleh

You know what I think is bleh? People who RVS when we already have plenty of content to analyse.

VOTE: Yungh0mo
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:25 pm

Post by insanity018 »

Scripten, I'm also finding it slightly hypocritical that your case against Beck is he that committed to many reads. Yet, the only people you've commented on are Beck (scum) and nullish for Grib and BBT.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:01 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 107, Grib wrote:
Now attempting to back off, trying to weasel out of his strong scumread of me.

I'm not backing off. At all. Not even close. I think you scum-slipped. My vote stays on you.

In post 107, Grib wrote:Irritated that nobody jumped onto my wagon with him. And now he's trying to force Pine to justify his townread of me, rather than giving an actual reason why I'm scum since his one (1) original reason is, at best, smoke.

Also exaggerating Pine's townread of me, when Pine himself stated it was mild.

He must have a pretty strong town-read to come in and just defend you right off the bat. That seems suspicious to me.

He is also buddying you which I don't like.

In post 75, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I think he got a scum PM based on the following sentences you quoted.

In post 107, Grib wrote:Also, BBT's handwaving and reluctance to immediately pounce on an admitted possible scumread, unlike what he's been doing to me, has been noted.

What's this about?

In post 107, Grib wrote:Beck is being way too self-defensive and his vote on Scripten is super weak. If BBT flips scum, Beck dies next.

Why are you trying to associate Beck with myself? How would me flipping *scum* indicate that the other person is scum?

Also, the fact your wagon hasn't at least picked up a couple of people has me thinking that the chances of you being scum are a little higher. Difficult wagons to build are usually on scum.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:07 pm

In post 121, yungh0mo wrote:Oh it posted lmaoo my computer was being weird sorry. Just RVS VOTE: Scripten because aggressiveness is kinda bleh

A vote with a reason is not an RVS vote.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:10 pm

ENWOP;

In post 133, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 107, Grib wrote:Also, BBT's handwaving and reluctance to immediately pounce on an admitted possible scumread, unlike what he's been doing to me, has been noted.

What's this about?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:18 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 80, insanity018 wrote:
In post 43, Pine wrote:Got free time faster than expected

No real reads as yet, but I may pass out from all of the stupid fumes being given off from is thread. Even if the mod didn't outright state that it's not carnivores vs herbivores etc,
someone outright herpderping that they're a carnivore would've made that obvious.
Scum would have to be absolute blithering morons to advertise it otherwise

In fact...yeah. I take it back. Mild townread on Gribble for herpderping, moderate scum read on Blueblood for unreasonable pouncing

Vote: BluebloodedToffee

What are you talking about in the bolded?

This post feels mega defensive (possibly white knighting Grib?) to me.

VOTE: Pine

P-edit: To my understanding, scum are the dinosaurs which don't follow the park rules. They can be herbivores, carnivores or omnivores --> the type of dinosaur is not alignment indicative

Not really sure how it's possible to be defensive when I wasn't being attacked. What was meant by the bolder was that, even if we didn't know per Mod that -vote status wasn't alignment indicative, someone coming out and saying "I'm a carnivore" should be a clue to that effect. It would otherwise be playing against wincon and tantamount to saying "BTW I'm scum"

This thread is moving annoyingly fast. If people could keep all of the personal shit out of it, and make their posts on-topic and worth reading, it would be a lot easier to stay current.

Beck? We've had issues in the past. Talking to you as well as others on this. Please don't pick unnecessary fights and clog up the thread with nonsense

Grib? Stop engaging.

BBT barreling ahead on flavor alone makes me very, very content wi my vote. It's staying on him.

By the way, BBT, I didn't actually defend Grib, more or less at all. I called you out for scummy logic, which you're continuing with
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:21 pm

You soft-defended him. That's pretty clear.

Also, no comments about the buddying up that you're doing?
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:16 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 128, Grib wrote:PM. Obviously.

vote: grin
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:17 pm

Post by insanity018 »

Pine - as in defensive of Grib.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:18 pm

Post by Beck »

Dumb autocorrect

vote: grib
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:48 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 130, insanity018 wrote:
@Scripten, So if your role pm said nothing about type of dinosaur = alignment, why did you find Grib's discussion of role flavour 'reasonable'?

Because the way he described his role sounded like the rest of the flavor we've been provided and I could see how he could have made the mistake he did, as town or scum. That's why I said it was not alignment indicative.

In post 130, insanity018 wrote:
Where did that come from?

Guess. And then you should move your vote onto scum.

In post 132, insanity018 wrote:Scripten, I'm also finding it slightly hypocritical that your case against Beck is he that committed to many reads. Yet, the only people you've commented on are Beck (scum) and nullish for Grib and BBT.

Except... that's not my case at all? I initially pressured him for more reads on people, true, but the reaction I got was super scummy so my vote stuck. I'm surprised his overreaction, cross-vote, and attempts to coerce my play weren't scumread harder by the rest of the town.

BBT:
You've been staying pretty clear of Beck so far. What do you think of him?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:05 am

I don't really have an opinion on Beck yet.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:11 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 142, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I don't really have an opinion on Beck yet.

You seemed familiar with him in your first post. I figured you guys had played together before and you might have some experience with how he plays. I guess I assumed incorrectly?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:12 am

Can't speak about it.
Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:20 am

Post by Scripten »

Gotcha.

Any associative reads based off of Grib? Say he is confirmed town via either flip or night result. Where would you head in that case?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:25 am

Nah, I try not to formulate associative reads before any flips have happened.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:46 am

Post by Beck »

In post 141, Scripten wrote:I'm surprised his overreaction, cross-vote, and attempts to coerce my play weren't scumread harder by the rest of the town.

Still never overreacted, tbh I didn't even react but please 1. since you keep saying I've overreacted, link it for me.
2. Cross votes aren't scummy, especially when the person had already called you out first
3. I never tried to coerce anything, why do you insist on lying?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Scripten
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Scripten
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:31 am

Post by Scripten »

In post 147, Beck wrote:
Still never overreacted, tbh I didn't even react but please 1. since you keep saying I've overreacted, link it for me.

Your posts since I've voted you have mostly been overreactions. Your response to pressure is to flail and attack the person pressuring you. That's scummy behavior to me. I suppose, if someone else asks, I'll compile your posts, but a simple ISO should be sufficient.

In post 147, Beck wrote:
2. Cross votes aren't scummy, especially when the person had already called you out first

You didn't call me out. Your case was and is empty. You act like saying "This person's posts are ambiguously scummy" is more than it is.

In post 147, Beck wrote:
3. I never tried to coerce anything, why do you insist on lying?

I disagree. You whined and threatened to tell on me if I didn't change how I play so as to get pressure off of you. That's coercion. Earlier, you also used a meta argument to attempt to push me into playing this game exactly as I've played other games. (If you haven't noticed, my playstyle changes slightly with every game I play. Even if it didn't, this is wholly different from how I played the one scum game I have on this site.) Meta is not wholly useless, but you were not using it to build a case on me. You were using it to get me to stop pushing you. Again, coercive behavior.

I'm more than ready to end this discussion, though. I'm not trying to get you to think you're scummy and I don't feel like having a tunneling match. I'll be moving elsewhere to engage other players now that my case on you is up. I suggest, if you would like my read on you to change, that you do the same.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:57 am

Post by Beck »

OH I GET IT NOW... Because I voted you, that is me overreacting and flailing? :facepalm:

yes I did call you out -
In post 54, Beck wrote:scripten's wait a second post is weird.

trying to get you to follow the game and site rules is not coercion but nice try...

The part about me using meta to push you to play this game a certain way is such a fucking stretch, all I did was point out that your play isn't how you normally play. That isn't forcing you to play a certain way, that's showing that you have committed what I consider as a pretty reliable scumtell.

I know you are going to keep saying I cross voted you, and of course that is what it looks like and you are going to continue to harp on that like it actually means something (which it doesn't) but let me explain how I arrived at my decision to vote you.

After you made post 51 and I called that post weird, I quickly opened up all your completed games and started reading your posts in iso. It was then that i determined that your entrance into this game is nothing like the entrances into your other town games. So I came back to the tab and posted my vote. During the time I did my research you voted me but I didn't see your vote at the time, I didn't actually see your vote until I hit post and I got the preview edit notifying me that a new post had been made.

I don't expect you to believe me because you are scum, but that's the truth so now people know that when you say I OMGUS'd you or I cross voted you they will know it's a lie.

I do agree that this back and forth is unproductive. Scum is you and grib. This was a pretty easy game to figure out.

GG everyone
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”