Mini Normal 1609: The Case Of Doctor Pepper (Game Over)

Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #3325 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:37 pm

Post by Bert »

Vote Count 2.12

TellTaleHeart(4)
–TellTaleHeart, Titus, Doogal121, Wake88
The Rufflig(1)
– Flubbernugget
FakeGod(1)
– The Rufflig
Flubbernugget(1)
– BlueBloodedToffee
massive(1)
– Boonskiies
Wake88(1)
– Anatole Kuragin
Not Voting(2) –massive, FakeGod

With 11 alive, it's 6 to lynch

The Day 2 deadline is on Friday, October 17, 2014, 11:59 PM {(expired on 2014-10-17 23:59:00)}

Please let us know if you ever see any errors. :)[/area]
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3326 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 3321, Flubbernugget wrote:Was anyone else buying the one scum in Rufflig/FG? Or was that just me?

Seeing the most recent vote count, it's not just you.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3327 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Looking back at the reaction to me getting to L-1, I think my AK scumread is right.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3328 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:08 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

You seemed unsure on that read TTH, what's changed?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3329 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:48 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 3328, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You seemed unsure on that read TTH, what's changed?

You want complete honesty on that answer? (Well, you're getting it, so too bad if you don't.)

The reason for my initial doubts was that I thought Anatole was hinting at bulletproof. He talked about it being an "all-passive" game, which leads me to believe that he has one. Regardless of how rational or irrational, that thought has taken hold and I really don't want to be lynched to be rewarded with shooting a bulletproof.

Now he's trying to slam the breaks on my lynch while projecting the "don't shoot me" attitude onto Boonskiies in case I get the couple more votes. So I'm back to thinking he's scum now.
The Rufflig
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
The Rufflig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3330 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:23 pm

Post by The Rufflig »

Ok, I've skimmed over this mess of posts that all of you feel required to make while I'm at work. I'll see about actually talking about some of it eventually. Maybe. Still not going to vote for TTH.

---

@Doogal121: Why did you change your mind on FakeGod? You were town reading him, yesterday. Today, when asked, you said that you could see FakeGod's play as scummy (though you liked his play better than GC's). Later, you expressed FakeGod could be scum
if
TTH flips scum. Even later today, you have a full on scum read of FakeGod. I'm missing some of the transitions here.

In post 2952, Doogal121 wrote:She was hard sheeping Fakegod toward the end, especially with the “If you say JA is scum, then I’ll vote”. It’s almost like a new scum player begging for help from an experienced scum buddy.

I don't think these two things go together. If a scum TTH was sheeping FakeGod, wouldn't that imply that FakeGod is town? Scum generally don't sheep scum; I believe scum usually sheep a townie to try and get on a townie's good side.
Don't Panic!
Where there's life there's hope. Be seeing you!
Wolf Avatar cropped from art by Deligaris@DeviantArt
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3331 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:55 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Hello, Rufflig.

Everything you say sounds so reasonable and you seem really nice. I don't want to scumread you, but at the same time, I don't know if a townread on you is tenable.

I don't really know what to ask you. I guess I could ask if you have any scumreads outside of FakeGod. Do you?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3332 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:06 pm

Post by massive »

Seriously, you guys, 15 pages? I was only out like two days. Guess I need to find an actual computer tomorrow and not attempt to catch up via phone.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3333 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:23 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

FG and BBT fought over who gets to lead today's lynch, which was incredibly fucking stupid considering the town should be able to decide who to follow by their sheer numbers.

AK also lost a game of chicken over TTH's lynch, presumably for fear of being venge killed.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3334 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:58 pm

Fascinating Flubber.

Just. Fascinating.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3335 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:26 am

Post by massive »

Online and reading.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3336 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:03 am

Post by massive »

Let me know if it's important to answer the now-twenty-pages ago questions of "who is scummy" and "who is more townie". Just going to keep reading. At this point it's probably still Boon / Csareo-Titus / Flubber in some order, and I had GC > FG.

2873:
Doogal
: Misrepping a bit that the neighbor thread said "how do we solve a problem like Maria" in regards to Wake; what it really said was "have you ever played with him."

... which I see snowballed so I can probably shut up and keep reading.

2923:
Boon
: Given what's going on at this point, AND that he got a "no result" on me last night, why would Boon keep his attention on me? Is that the logical play of a watcher? And if he's concerned he might have been role blocked, why hasn't he asked the mod for clarification? By 2943 he still is wondering if he was or wasn't.

2969:
Rufflig
: While TTH may have been mathematically possible, I don't think it was ever REALLY possible. I thought it was pretty clear that I wasn't going to move onto TTH, which means that even with AK not voting, you weren't going to get a lynch.

2985:
Boon
: Flubber's "they sound like scum v scum" was horrible to start with, and Boon echoing it here is really just as bad. Sounds like neither of them care which of the two get lynched.

OH AND THEN DOOGAL AGREES RIGHT AFTER DOOGAL ME BOY WHAT ARE YA DOIN

Made it to 3000! Right now: Boon is number one with a bullet, Flubber, and then the rest of you. Titus has kinda gone away, I'm curious where FakeGod-Rufflig is going to go, AK is surly, Doogal is I HOPE just following the wrong people. Wake is still town, BBT is obvtown, TTH is null.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3337 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:30 am

Post by massive »

3005:
AK
: You must have been looking under your couch cushions because you didn't find this in the game thread. Can you give me two or three links that might explain your shift?

3006 from TTH is very good.

3038:
BBT
: In this post we see a SECOND suggestion to lynch AK second after some first choice flips scum. I'm still 250 or so posts from the end, but at some point, someone says "we all think AK is associatively scum so let's just lynch him," right?

3041:
Wake
: I've told you why I think you're town, but here's another reason that might be influencing FG's read on you: You're the worst smoke screener ever. You latch onto every random idea and run it into the ground. There's no subtlety to your game, which means that your posts, while sometimes mind-boggling, are at the very least AUTHENTIC. Say what you want about being able to tailor or modify your game, I've played exactly one game with you and I already feel like I could read you like a book in future games.

3100. A lot of ego in the last fifty posts. Did Boon even post in those 100? I don't think he did. I don't think Flubber did either. This is the perfect game for scum to hide a couple of people in the shadows while you guys yell about your superiorscum hunting techniques.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3338 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:53 am

Post by massive »

3113:
Telltale Heart
: Green Crayons was the only vocal player who really didn't have anyone suspicious of him. BBT and yourself, Csareo, Wake, even FakeGod all had people who were specifically suspicious of them. They figured he was a safe kill that wouldn't clarify any of the muddy waters that D1 provided. They didn't know he was the other mason. If they did, they would have picked someone that wouldn't auto-townie another player.

I suspect you know this. If you think AK is scum, did you expect him to admit this?

In post 3180, Wake1 wrote:6) Who is massive?

I am.

(Come on, you had to see that coming.)

Up to 3200. TTH's frustration at being unheard amongst a sea of egos shouting about apologies and conspiracy theories is pretty real. I can see how that frustration would turn into her "gambit" -- when you can't do anything about it, you recede into the shadows, so actually having the ability to do something about it brings about her reaction. This coupled with the way her claim first happened means TTH is town, therefore telling the truth, and votes on her look pretty silly.
Titus
, you want to do a good VCA? How about looking at the TTH train from yesterday compared to the train today? Mostly I'd be interested in who's on both but has no idea of actually being vengefully shot.

Still no Boon, still no Flubber, who are both safely staying out of the way and letting you guys try and lynch TTH again.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3339 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:20 am

Post by massive »

In post 3329, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 3328, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You seemed unsure on that read TTH, what's changed?

You want complete honesty on that answer? (Well, you're getting it, so too bad if you don't.)

The reason for my initial doubts was that I thought Anatole was hinting at bulletproof. He talked about it being an "all-passive" game, which leads me to believe that he has one. Regardless of how rational or irrational, that thought has taken hold and I really don't want to be lynched to be rewarded with shooting a bulletproof.

Now he's trying to slam the breaks on my lynch while projecting the "don't shoot me" attitude onto Boonskiies in case I get the couple more votes. So I'm back to thinking he's scum now.

So this case is very good and I would happily sheep this buuuuuuuuuut since you seem insistent on voting for yourself, I'll start the train.

VOTE: Anatole Kuragin
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3340 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:28 am

Post by massive »

Lost these somewhere:

3243:
Boon
: Haha, I love it that Boon has to come into the thread and state intent to hammer rather than just hammering, because he knows that if he showed up and just blindly hammered that TTH would shoot his head off. Not to mention this whole post reads as "I'm going to hammer unless you're going to shoot someone I don't want you to shoot."

3264:
Boon
: "massive is my biggest scum read, but doesn't post much" Heehee. Pot meet kettle much?
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3341 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:31 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I post every day...
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3342 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:21 am

Post by massive »

In that case, would you like to take today's post (or tomorrow's, I'm not picky) to delineate WHY I am your top scum read, so much so that you are willing to ignore your own result to continue listing me as your top scum read?
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3343 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:07 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Just because I got a no result, doesn't mean you aren't scum. There's most likely three of you, and you possibly didn't make the kill. Plus, you could have easily chosen to permarole block me instead of night killing me.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3344 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:09 am

Massive was one of the least suspected players D1.

If he was scum, he would very likely be the person who carried it out.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3345 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:18 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I disagree. He was one of your least suspected. He was on a couple of people's scum reads. Also, I'm confused as to why so many people were saying Csareo was scum, and yet, now Titus is barely even on the radar for the people who were voting Csareo. GC being dead, and BBT being confirmed mason, massive and Rufflig are the two who stand out there.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3346 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:28 am

Who do you think was scum-reading massive end of D1?

Titus needs to do something.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3347 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:33 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 3343, Boonskiies wrote:Just because I got a no result, doesn't mean you aren't scum. There's most likely three of you, and you possibly didn't make the kill. Plus, you could have easily chosen to permarole block me instead of night killing me.

Were you roleblocked or did you find out that massive didn't go anywhere?
From what I've read about trackers on the wiki, these seem like two different things.

I paid a visit to the "Tracker" wiki page and this is what I found:
Some moderators return no result when the Tracker's target does not go anywhere at Night; this is indistinguishable from the message that would be received if the Tracker was Roleblocked.
However, this is not Normal
and tends to be seen in role madness games as a means of introducing more confusion.

It sounds like you can't keep your story straight. I think you're a liar. I'm shooting you.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3348 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:34 am

TTH, you're not getting lynched.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #3349 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:40 am

Post by Boonskiies »

What have I said that was different, TTH? Show me? I have never once said that I got anything different than 'No Result'. I wasn't the one to bring up the RB possibility, Rufflig was. I'm just following the hypothetics. God damn ignorance in people.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”