Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:49 pm

Post by Shteven »

EBWOP (look at me learning!)

Just wanted to specify what I meant when I started off with "agreed" since there was a post between mine and BT's. I meant specifically the part where billy said:
Posting in this game has gotten out of control. Every time I sit down and try to re-read and get back into the game, I find at least 2-3 more pages than the last time I read the thread. There have been 12 pages and 300+ posts since Wednesday. Yesterday was outrageous, especially since I consider most of it to be crap and arguments that are just as likely to be town arguing with town.
And while most of his player assessments seem pretty good to me I'm in no way granting them all a blanket agreement. In particular, I disagree about lurker hunting; it's a valid attack and this is why I'm concerned when people (mostly autumn) accuse me of it. I have been trying to contribute but post counts have been hard on me. I also don't think Autumn's been posting like crazy, but then again that may just be because so many other people have been posting like crazy, that hers doesn't look so bad by comparison.

Otherwise, his player assements seem like they're coming from a pro-town player.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:49 pm

Post by BillyTwilight »

Yosarian2 wrote:Billy: Lurker hunting is a pro-town thing to do. Prods and replacements can help, but when it comes down to it, if a person wants to activly lurk and just occasioanly post in unhelpful ways, the only way to deal with is is votes and pressure. Besides, when possible, it's better to deal with lurkers through votes and pressure anyway; the reaction to someone who comes back from lurking because of a lurkerwagon on him is much more informative then the reaction of someone who comes back from lurking because of a mod prod.
I absolutely and fundamentally disagree. We can talk about it if you really want, but I will never like or approve of lurker hunting, and I consider it a scum tactic.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Oed' und leer das Meer.[/i]

Und sagt die Zauberw├â┬Ârter Simsalbimbamba Saladu Saladim
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:57 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Billy: If you want to see why lurker hunting is pro-town, go take a look at MAD mafia to see what happens to towns that don't lurker hunt. If you refuse to lynch lurkers, then the scum will post just barely enough to not get replaced, and then they will win.

Letting people get away with lurking hurts the town. Sure, sometimes scum lurker hunt in order to avoid getting into fights with active players, but that argument pretty clearly dosn't apply here as AE has also been going after active players as well.

And I do think is scummy is for you to lurk, to show up and start posting right after AE attacks and votes you for lurking, and then to say that lurker hunting is "scummy" in response to that. The fact that you posted right after AE is a perfect example of how lurker hunting can make lurkers post and is therefore a good thing for the town.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:59 pm

Post by AutumnEvenings »

Billy wrote:I will never like or approve of lurker hunting, and I consider it a scum tactic.
That's nice, but
I
consider lurking a scum tactic. But, if you read my post, I thought I made it clear that only part of the reason I was voting you was for lurking--the rest was for Yogurt and HungryJoe's reactions to my question of MoS concerning his declaration of you as pro-town.

Regardless, you yourself admit to reading the thread but you didn't post till I voted you. So you can be pissed off all you like, but I'm quite happy with the results of my vote.
[color=blue][i]"They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved and how. And how much." --Arundhati Roy[/i][/color]
HungryJoe
HungryJoe
Goon
HungryJoe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:24 pm

Post by HungryJoe »

That's nice but
I
consider the whole thing mildly WIFOM. And my response didn't have anything to do with your thoughts on MoS/Billy whoever. It was just the way you're going about it I didn't like. Just because you think someone is or isn't scum isn't a reason to be an ass towards people.
HungryJoe
HungryJoe
Goon
HungryJoe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:29 pm

Post by HungryJoe »

I tend to agree with Yos that lurker hunting is a pro-town tactic, but not as far as lynching someone simply because they lurk. It can be a point against them, surely, but needs evidence still (which is why lurking takes no skill and ruins games, really. No mental war involved here, just not responding. bleh.)
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:01 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

I love how the more experienced players think they have me figured out after just a couple games. Talk to Battle Mage... he always knows when I am scum.

And
vote: BillyTwilight
for fairly obvious reasons.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:08 am

Post by BillyTwilight »

You will never, ever convince me that scum are more likely to lurk than town. If that is the case then lurker hunting is a bad scum hunting tactic.

There are mainly two reasons that people lurk:
1.) They get bored with the game. It's just as likely that this occurs as often with vanilla townie as it does with scum. In fact, I'd argue that its less likely for scum to lurk for this reason, as typically players are more excited and "into" a game when they are scum.

2.) RL issues cause problems with ability to post. Not any more likely to happen for scum than anyone else.

Yos, I agree, lurking can allow scum to hide. However, a town that permits lurker hunting allows
active
scum to attack players without discretion. In fact, a town that participates in lurker hunting effectively picks the scum's target for them and makes their job easier.

AE and YoS, I think your real problem against lurking is that it makes the game boring and slow for you, and your right in that. But lurking IS NOT a scumtell.

As far as the timing of my post, you can read into it what you want; I've been composing that post since Friday because I don't like thread spamming with 5 or 6 back to back posts while doing a reread, the whole while voting and unvoting, etc. When I sat down last night to finish the post, AE's post was the last one. As far as YoS's argument that my distaste for lurker hunting is something I came up in response to AE's vote then read the first day of Freaktown 4. There was a large discussion about lurker hunting and pretty much all of the points I made are more detailed in that game. I was scum in that game and as soon as my partner started lurker hunting I tried to get him lynched. I hate lurker hunting.

AE, I know that lurking was only a part of why you voted me. The other part is because... MoS said something about me, then when asked about it YB answered for him? Don't see how I can defend myself against that, so I largely ignored your vote of me. Also, I don't necessarily see lurker hunting as a scumtell. Town is just as likely to participate as scum. I do see it as bad play.

BTW, part of the reason I think YB is scum is because of his forced sounding ask for a lurker hunt against N9V.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:20 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

The Central Scrutinizer wrote:I love how the more experienced players think they have me figured out after just a couple games. Talk to Battle Mage... he always knows when I am scum.

And
vote: BillyTwilight
for fairly obvious reasons.
I dont have to ask Battle Mage, I know you are scum.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:22 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

BillyTwilight wrote:You will never, ever convince me that scum are more likely to lurk than town. If that is the case then lurker hunting is a bad scum hunting tactic.

There are mainly two reasons that people lurk:
1.) They get bored with the game. It's just as likely that this occurs as often with vanilla townie as it does with scum. In fact, I'd argue that its less likely for scum to lurk for this reason, as typically players are more excited and "into" a game when they are scum.

2.) RL issues cause problems with ability to post. Not any more likely to happen for scum than anyone else.
You forgot one:

3) Sometimes scum lurk, because the only thing scum really care about during the day is to not get lynched, and a person who's not really saying anything isn't giving off scumtells. If the town's not willing to lynch lurkers, then lurking is a smart move for the scum to do.
Yos, I agree, lurking can allow scum to hide. However, a town that permits lurker hunting allows
active
scum to attack players without discretion. In fact, a town that participates in lurker hunting effectively picks the scum's target for them and makes their job easier.
Any good town has to do both, both go after lurkers and go after active players who look scummy. It's not an either-or choice; they both need to be done.
AE and YoS, I think your real problem against lurking is that it makes the game boring and slow for you, and your right in that. But lurking IS NOT a scumtell.
That's only a small part of it. Lurking lowers the town's chances of winning, no matter if the lurking player is pro-town or scum, and I still do think that lurking is at least a minor scumtell; sure, anyone could lurk for whatever reason, but from a stratigic point of view there's always more reason for scum to lurk then for town to lurk, so if someone's lurking, and especally if they seem to be activly and intentionally lurking, I consider them more likely to be scum then someone's who's being active, and so all else being equal, I'm always more likely to vote for someone who is, was, or has been lurking.

And in any case, if pro-town people lurk, or semi-lurk, they tend to either not vote much at all, or if they do vote, they tend to just follow the crowd; either way, every pro-town lurker makes it that much easier for scum to control the game. So either way, lurking is bad for the town and the town can never afford to allow it.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:25 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Interesting discussion, I'd like to see Billy's reply to this.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:32 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Interesting discussion, I'd like to see Billy's reply to this.
Thats all you have to say? I thought you said you were going to be distribtuing good content...
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
beanbagboy
beanbagboy
Goon
beanbagboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:12 am

Post by beanbagboy »

I already PM'd the mod, I'll need a replacement as large games are just too much to handle. Sorry, I would really have loved to stay otherwise.
Meh... I got distracted by something shiny, leaving MS. Possibly returnage soonfuls.
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:14 am

Post by BillyTwilight »

Yosarian2 wrote:You forgot one:

3) Sometimes scum lurk, because the only thing scum really care about during the day is to not get lynched, and a person who's not really saying anything isn't giving off scumtells. If the town's not willing to lynch lurkers, then lurking is a smart move for the scum to do.
Every game I have ever played in here has had a person pointed out as being a lurker. If any scum is worth his salt, he (she) will do everything to avoid anything that might make him look suspicious, including lurking. I am not saying that scum never lurk; I am saying that more often than not town lurks worse. By your thought process, the two roles most likely to lurk are scum and town-power, to try and "stay under the radar". If that's the case then lurker hunting can hurt the town terribly even with your thought process about the theory of the game.

Any good town has to do both, both go after lurkers and go after active players who look scummy. It's not an either-or choice; they both need to be done.
No, they don't both need to be done. See below. Also, especially for players with a lurker-hunter tag (like MeMe and yourself - kinda knew that we'd get into an argument about this from the first time I saw your sig), players can lurker hunt
as scum
without appearing scummy. For example, if you start voting lurkers and someone says, "that's scummy and opportunistic," and you say, "well, thats how I play, see my sig," you have a rep built on that and can't be looked at as scummy because of it. It gives you a free ride, not only in the game you are currently in, but in any game where town allows a lurker hunt. So the second part of your above statement is incorrect. If town allows lurker hunting, then by definition lurker hunting can't be scummy in that game, and scum can use a useful tactic with impunity.
That's only a small part of it. Lurking lowers the town's chances of winning, no matter if the lurking player is pro-town or scum, and I still do think that lurking is at least a minor scumtell; sure, anyone could lurk for whatever reason, but from a stratigic point of view there's always more reason for scum to lurk then for town to lurk, so if someone's lurking, and especally if they seem to be activly and intentionally lurking, I consider them more likely to be scum then someone's who's being active, and so all else being equal, I'm always more likely to vote for someone who is, was, or has been lurking.

And in any case, if pro-town people lurk, or semi-lurk, they tend to either not vote much at all, or if they do vote, they tend to just follow the crowd; either way, every pro-town lurker makes it that much easier for scum to control the game. So either way, lurking is bad for the town and the town can never afford to allow it.
Here I completely agree and want to make sure you understand where I am coming from. I think lurker hunting is bad. I think lurking is also very, very bad, for all of the reasons you mentioned. IMO, the correct way to handle a lurker is to "force" the mod to make them post or replace them. This
will
make the lurker post or be replaced, and it avoids distracting the town and allowing active scum to find and attack easy targets.

Let me clarify something; everything I feel about lurking and lurker hunting is
in the absence of any other evidence against the lurker
. If someone is obviously intentionally lurking then the town should take action. For instance, if a player only posts once or twice after a mod prods them, doesn't post for a couple weeks, gets another prod and posts a little more, they are obviously trying to stay in the game and lurk. Or if a player is in a lot of trouble, with a lot of votes, etc. and the player decides to drop into the background and let pressure moves somewhere else before posting again, town needs not to let that happen.

The point is that in the absence of other information, lurker hunting is distracting and more often than not targets protown players. If this isn't bad enough, it also allows active scum to appear more town and participate in the lurker hunt without raising suspicion. For example, imagine that TCS is scum (he might be, I haven't yet got a great read on him). With an active lurker hunt (which this game has thankfully not turned into yet), TCS' post #656 (well, the last half of it that actually pertains to the current discussion) could fly totally under the radar. Town is hunting lurkers, TCS votes a lurker, TCS must therefore be town. He doesn't have to answer the obvious questions that typically follow someone placing a vote. Like, "TCS, what is the obvious reason for voting BT?"

Is it that BT was lurking, or that BT doesn't like lurker hunting, or that someone else answered a question about BT when the original question was asked of a third party? Or a combo of the three? Or something else entirely. Or did you even have any reason, other than seeing what might turn into a nice wagon that could lead to a lynch?
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:56 am

Alright I'll just state my views on the last couple pages for the appetizer:

I was curious about all this talk on lurking when the only apparent lurkers were me and Johhan out of 18 players. On further investigation, I find that it is Glork who first brought up the lurking theme when he commented on
Mastermind of Sin wrote:EBWOP: I know 8 pages in 2 days is hard, so I don't fault him for that, but I had him marked down for lurking before that anyways.
with
Glork wrote:MoS: MBL lurked hardcore in Committee as town, did he not?
This caused a small chain reaction which I think later seeded the "lynch all lurkers or not" discussion.

There's some more jibber-jabber, then AE posts this, in reference to Mastermind of Sin post 608 that said Billy seemed pro-town:
AutumnEvenings wrote:MoS--sure, I'm up for a party. :) But what makes you think Billy is pro-town? I have so little read on him that I'm kind of baffled at how you reached that conclusion.
YB responds with this, which seems a lot like annoyed sarcasm:
YogurtBandit wrote:
Billy has posted like 5 posts, and they all seem pro town I guess.
AE later makes this lurker-hunting post:
AutumnEvenings wrote:
Billy Twilight's last post was on Monday and he said he'd try to get a re-read and post in by Wednesday. It's now well past Wednesday. And I found Yogurt's and HungryJoe's reaction to my question to MoS about why he called Billy pro-town rather interesting. Especially since Yogurt seems scummy to me, as does HungryJoe (who, it's worth noting, echoed Billy in 107 on the subject of Yogurt).

So
unvote, vote: BillyTwilight, re-FoS: HungryJoe and Yougurt
This caused BillyTwilight to post content, while mentioning that he hates lurker-hunting. Yosarian2 approves of AE's lurker hunting tactic. This erupts into a full-fledged disagreement between Billy and a whole crowd of people(AE, Yosarian2, HungryJoe).

I will also go out on a stretch and say that others have a similar attitude towards lurkers, including Glork as in:
Glork wrote:I should also point out that I have made D1 policy lynches on terrible players before. In Normal 51, I pushed (and got) a policy lynch on a player who insisted on making two-word posts and not contributing.
In my personal opinion, BillyTwilight's arguments hold more water then his opposition. This is bordering on WIFOM, but lurker-hunting will more than likely expose a power role, lynch a bored townie who continues to lurk, or both. Lurking, while anti-town, cannot possibly be categorized as a scum-tell for reasons already mentioned by Billy.

YogurtBandit seems the most opportunistic so far, so I will
vote: YB
FoS: Yosarian and HJ
for rushing to AE's defense too quickly.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:14 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

For point of order, that first quote of mine was talking about Battle Mage, not MBL.

Also, I agree that lurking is a scum tactic, although it isn't one that should ever be used to great extent, as I think it's done in poor sport. However, I have often taken up lurkerhunting in the past as scum, so I see defaulting to lurker hunting as something scum are more likely to do.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:16 am

Guardian wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Also, I would like to note that I think all the arguments made that claimed Guardian was a hypocrite (even though you tricked him into believing it himself) as bullshit. TCS attacked BM for being scummy on purpose, and then did it himself. THAT is hypocrisy. Guardian attacked TCS for his hypocritical actions. He did not have a problem with people acting scummy on purpose, just those who preach against it then don't follow their own advice. That is NOT being a hypocrite.
Well, the thing is, I was acting scummy on purpose. Then I said that TCS acting scummy on purpose himself and preaching against BM doing so is hypocritical. So, I was acting scummy on purpose myself, and chastising someone for chastising someone for acting scummy on purpose. So, me acting scummy on purpose wasn't hypocritical, it was me attacking TCS, when the attack on TCS itself was the same behavior that I was attacking TCS for. If I am still wrong on this and Glork tricksy'd me, let me know. Thanks for defending me though <3.

btw, I think I outlined my thoughts on Albert pretty helpfully >:].
Guardian. Answer this question. Did you disagree with TCS acting scummy on purpose? Did you attack him
because
he was acting on purpose? These are yes or no questions, do not answer in any other way.
Permanent V/LA.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:16 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I couldn't disagree more with Billy's arguments about lurkers.

1) Lurkers aren't fun to play with. You play to examine the interactions between personalities, not so you can try to ascertain what's inside Generic_Cardboard_Box_01. So it's pro-fun to berate them.
2) Why on earth assume town can't both poke at lurkers AND comment on active players? Why assume your fellow townies can't discern between a pure lurker-hunter and one who does both? Lurker-hunting is only scummy in the absence of other critical analysis, and it's easy to nail people who solely lurker-hunt as scummy.
3) It's not the mod's job to lurker-hunt. A player who posts once a week shouldn't be replaced, their fellow town should do the work to get them posting more.
4) Just because lurkers are town doesn't mean they're not a threat to town. I can't tell you how many times I've coasted to victory as scum on the backs of lurking town. Getting those people to talk is invariably a good thing for town.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:17 am

AutumnEvenings wrote:MoS--sure, I'm up for a party. :) But what makes you think Billy is pro-town? I have so little read on him that I'm kind of baffled at how you reached that conclusion.
His posts seemed protown.
Permanent V/LA.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:18 am

Lurker
is
unsportsmanlike. MoS, I didn't say it was about MBL, I said Glork replied to your comment with that quote. Gently correct me if I'm wrong.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:19 am

MrBuddyLee wrote:I couldn't disagree more with Billy's arguments about lurkers.

1) Lurkers aren't fun to play with. You play to examine the interactions between personalities, not so you can try to ascertain what's inside Generic_Cardboard_Box_01. So it's pro-fun to berate them.
2) Why on earth assume town can't both poke at lurkers AND comment on active players? Why assume your fellow townies can't discern between a pure lurker-hunter and one who does both? Lurker-hunting is only scummy in the absence of other critical analysis, and it's easy to nail people who solely lurker-hunt as scummy.
3) It's not the mod's job to lurker-hunt. A player who posts once a week shouldn't be replaced, their fellow town should do the work to get them posting more.
4) Just because lurkers are town doesn't mean they're not a threat to town. I can't tell you how many times I've coasted to victory as scum on the backs of lurking town. Getting those people to talk is invariably a good thing for town.
Bad Idea II. Encouraging lurkers is
totally
something that protown people do.

With less sarcasm, though, just because getting lurkers to participate helps the town doesn't make it a protown action. Lurker hunting is one of those actions that scum use to look protown without having to hurt their chances of winning too much.
Permanent V/LA.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:19 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

BT wrote:If any scum is worth his salt, he (she) will do everything to avoid anything that might make him look suspicious, including lurking.
5) We still have to catch the scum who aren't worth their salt...
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:20 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Lurker hunting is one of those actions that scum use to look protown without having to hurt their chances of winning too much.
see (2) above.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:24 am

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Lurker
is
unsportsmanlike. MoS, I didn't say it was about MBL, I said Glork replied to your comment with that quote. Gently correct me if I'm wrong.
Glork was commenting on the fact that I mistakenly implied that MBL has been lurking this game. He was not responding to the comment about BM.
Permanent V/LA.
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:33 am

Post by BillyTwilight »

MrBuddyLee wrote:I couldn't disagree more with Billy's arguments about lurkers.

This says nothing about the merits of lurker-hunting as a scum catching technique.
It's not a matter of the discernment of the town. You can look at the total actions of each player, of course. But good scum is going to be hard to read, and giving them another tool to help with a mislynch can be disastrous for town.
Points 3 and 4 aren't an argument for lurker hunting. They are an argument for getting lurkers to post. You think it's the town's job. I think it's the mod's job. I think the mod can do it with better results and less opportunity for active scum to pigtail an innocent townie's mislynch.
5) We still have to catch the scum who aren't worth their salt...
And how exactly are you going to distinguish between town that's not worth its salt and scum that's not worth its salt?

If anyone can give me a good reason why scum are
more likely
to lurk than any other role, then I will concede that lurker hunting is good. Otherwise, find another way to get people to post.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”