pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:16 am

Post by pickemgenius »

I like my vote on tromboner right now.

If that answers your question in a nut shell, he needs to say something.

I don't like lynch the lurkers, as much as i'd rather have pressure applied to the point where they start to give us information, so that we can find connections for the later days. That's just my opinion.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:32 am

Post by Adel »

pickemgenius wrote:I don't like lynch the lurkers, as much as i'd rather have pressure applied to the point where they start to give us information, so that we can find connections for the later days. That's just my opinion.
So that would be "almost-lynch the lurkers". And if they just don't cooperate, what then? "We might lynch the lurkers"?
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:37 am

Post by pickemgenius »

Adel wrote:
pickemgenius wrote:I don't like lynch the lurkers, as much as i'd rather have pressure applied to the point where they start to give us information, so that we can find connections for the later days. That's just my opinion.
So that would be "almost-lynch the lurkers". And if they just don't cooperate, what then? "We might lynch the lurkers"?

If they don't post, then hopefully they'll get replaced, and then the replacement will be capable of posting quality content

Lynching lurkers only *can* work, if the lurker has been participating(then falls off the face of the earth without warning and/or is posting in other games) enough to where, you have more then just lurking accredited to the lynch.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love

STREAMING:

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:40 am

Post by Adel »

I guess I use a slightly more robust definition of lurking. I consider the player who pops in every two or three days to parrot an opinion or make an obvious observation to be lurking, and they can not be replaced.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:44 am

Post by pickemgenius »

Heh, there are a few ways to look at lurking.

I just don't want it to be a problem. That's the main thing.
Activeness pwns.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:49 am

Post by pickemgenius »

EBWOP:

I still say you need more then just lurking to lynch somebody.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:05 am

Post by Adel »

I think that is a conversation that should wait until push comes to shove.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:29 am

Post by molestargazer »

Adel wrote:A general question for the rest of you: where do you stand on the "lynch the lurkers" tactic? I think that on Day 1 the player with the least posted activity (content consisting of insightful posts, original opinions, FoSs and votes,
not
word count) should always have a wagon until a very convincing case can be built for one player.

In general, I think it is better to wait until
two
convincing cases can be built. The debate between the proponents of each case could be very illuminating.

It is all about generating enough information to make an informed decision.
I wouldnt lynch lurkers based on JUST their lurking - if someone's scummy and then lurks or vice-versa, fair enough. But chances are lurkers with no other evidence are towns who have forgotten/can't be bothered/have exams (It's GCSEs at this time in the UK)/etc.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:57 am

Post by Adel »

When are the GCSEs over?

Why wouldn't it be a good idea then for scum to lurk if they are given a pass for day one, and on day 2 they weren't on the bandwagon of a mis-lynch?

Yes I am new here, but the current meta seems slightly broken in favor of Mafia to me. All they have to do is post enough to not get replaced, and let the active townies pressure each other enough to out the power roles. Then, if an outed power role is not killed night 1, and was on the wagon for a mislynch, accusations of "fake claim" tend to stick, resulting in a mislynch day 2. That leaves town in day 3 nearly in a lynch or loose position depending on the number of scum (usually 3 or 4, right?).

Advantage: scum.

Please tell me that I am wrong, or how to stop this from happening.
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:37 am

Post by J-man »

adel that i agree with entirely which is why I Lynch all Lurkers cmon guys vote tromboner hes either lurking or inactive both i will kill without remorse, o and im not a werewolf :D just wanna get this game moving.
Trombonist
Trombonist
Townie
Trombonist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:31 pm

Post by Trombonist »

Okay, sorry that i have been away for a while but i had to take an unexpected road trip [death in the family] but I'm back now, and will be able to play. Please excuse my inactivity.
/barrelroll
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:43 pm

Post by Adel »

I feel empathy for your loss.
Trombonist
Trombonist
Townie
Trombonist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:45 pm

Post by Trombonist »

Thankyou
/barrelroll
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:47 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Adel wrote:I feel empathy for your loss.
Quoted for yes-ness. ( I like this one better+ QFY, way better then QFT)

or

QFT
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Trombonist
Trombonist
Townie
Trombonist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:48 pm

Post by Trombonist »

My people have brought up the fact that i did vote no lynch. My reasoning behind this vote was to see who would be the most eager to jump on someone else's' back and direct attention away from themselves. I have have found the person that i was looking for.

Unvote.
FoS: J-man
Vote: J-man

However since J-man has no bandwagon forming that could overtake my rather large bandwagon and not getting killed is my strategy.

Unvote
Vote: Molestargazer
/barrelroll
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:57 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Whoa whoa whoa.

You're right in the fact that J-man has been somewhat vocal about your lynch.
Thats a fair point.
A bandwagon doesn't start out of thin air.
If people agree with you, then they might vote for him.

J-man, in lieu of Tromboner's posting, what's your opinion about Lynch all Lurkers now?

Tromboner- your vote on mole is why?
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:22 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

J-Man seems to want to kill so badly, he wants it more than information. Lurking and NoLynch are mistakes, but he should not be killed quickly for it. Especially because the game is still young.

Or I could be wrong, im new too.
CC eyes J-man suspiciously
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:25 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

Carrotcake wrote:J-Man seems to want to kill so badly, he wants it more than information. Lurking and NoLynch are mistakes, but he should not be killed quickly for it. Especially because the game is still young.

Or I could be wrong, im new too.
CC eyes J-man suspiciously

I think you're pretty spot-on.
That's just me though.

And I don't think it's a want to kill so badly, as much as J-man wants the game to progress exponentially faster then it should.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:47 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I would like to see j-man pressured.

vote: j-man
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:57 pm

Post by Adel »

Isn't this pretty much the scenario I outlined? One player speks up with an opinion, and so quickly the masses surround him. One poorly worded post by J-man and we could have an easy mis-lynch with no good leads for day 2. How is that pro-town.

Big-ups for J-man for a. finding a decent reason to cast a vote (no lynch vote) and b. supporting it with a second (lurking).
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:31 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I don't see how anyone can really be classified as lurking just now. The games only been going for a few days. I think we all just have to chill out a bit.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:02 pm

Post by J-man »

see its 2:30 am where i am and in a normal circumstance i would wait until i could create some more coherant thoughts but my mind tells me that i should address this soon rather then letting people speculate, firstly in response to what my vote will be since tromboner has now posted is, it will not change.

why you ask? well for this reason that yes i know is based on poor logic but at this time any logic poorly based or not is better then what we have, my vote remains of tromboner because of this post
My people have brought up the fact that i did vote no lynch. My reasoning behind this vote was to see who would be the most eager to jump on someone else's' back and direct attention away from themselves. I have have found the person that i was looking for.

Unvote.

However since J-man has no bandwagon forming that could overtake my rather large bandwagon and not getting killed is my strategy.

Unvote
for two reasons one is the first half of the post the other the second half.

the first half, the part about him posting his nolynch and seeing who would jump on his back directly conflicts with his second part, the part about his stratagy is to not be killed (too mafia/too townie you might ask?) the other point in the first half is the view that i am directing attention AWAY from myself :P pah as if being an active poster EVER directed attention away lol so that statement i will consider moot (either to a newbie error or attempt at such).
the second half you ask what sir may be wrong with that? hes just trying to stay alive? well my kind sir i shall answer that very question, in the objectives of the 'groups' there is one group that tries to live til the end and when i say live i mean that is there specific goal, they must be the last standing, which however badly worded and articulated that was is the mafia my friend a townsperson should be prepared to give up his life now not ust simply so a townsperson can die but so that information can be gleaned from a death however innocent the person may be it will often draw attention to another person mabye even a mafia, and the difference between a mafia's target and a townspersons is that one relies on secrecy and dark allets while the other MUST kill the mafia not avoid getting themselves killed because i know that I, as a townsperson would gladly give up my life if there was no other way to find that most insidious mafia conclave.

well that my kind sir is my take on tromboner, i do not with his death with as much vehemency now that he is posting :D but know tromboner that IGMEOY and very closely indeed

oh and tromboner i would like your defence to this if you brush this off i will call for your lynch, yes i will early lynch you
J-man
J-man
Goon
J-man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:03 pm

Post by J-man »

oh and the admiral no need to pressure me ill post on my own quite happily,
IGMEOY
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:59 pm

Post by molestargazer »

Adel wrote:When are the GCSEs over?

Why wouldn't it be a good idea then for scum to lurk if they are given a pass for day one, and on day 2 they weren't on the bandwagon of a mis-lynch?

Yes I am new here, but the current meta seems slightly broken in favor of Mafia to me. All they have to do is post enough to not get replaced, and let the active townies pressure each other enough to out the power roles. Then, if an outed power role is not killed night 1, and was on the wagon for a mislynch, accusations of "fake claim" tend to stick, resulting in a mislynch day 2. That leaves town in day 3 nearly in a lynch or loose position depending on the number of scum (usually 3 or 4, right?).

Advantage: scum.

Please tell me that I am wrong, or how to stop this from happening.
This is a very good theory. You have a point - I would have nothing against voting for lurkers to pressure them into posting and being active, but I wouldn't like one lynched without extra evidence.
Tromboner wrote:Unvote.

Unvote
Hold on, you think he's scum, but since I have a slightly bigger bandwagon from the random section at the start, you're going to vote for me with no extra evidence?
I'd like to at least see some reasonings.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:00 pm

Post by molestargazer »

EBWOP:
Adel wrote:When are the GCSEs over?
I'm not sure, I'm only taking a few - RE and some Science modular ones. Mine'll have finished by this time next week, I think.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”