Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:56 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Bwah. I am finding it very hard to reply without reopening the whole debate over again, which can only lend itself to repetition. I still hold that neither of those assumptions are true in this case, and thus that CES claiming
today
helps the mafia.

To reply to the point in question:
The Fonz wrote:That's not what his logic suggests at all. He already said you should withhold information about your role.
He did, but words are cheap; he's still trying to use his "don't withhold information" stance to extract a role-claim.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:01 am

Post by The Fonz »

Of course, it's very hard to discuss this sans reopening the whole debate, but then, you had to know that was a possibility when you attacked IH for being on the 'CES should claim' side of the debate.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:32 am

Post by Dasquian »

Yep, herein lies the problem. I can't
not
act on that suspicion, but I have accept if people disagree with me on the CES-debate, they may not put any weight on anything I build on it with.

That said, I think IH's responses to OTM's 364 stand on their own merits as some dodgy logic worthy of note.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:47 am

Post by The Fonz »

I have no problem whatsoever with that logic. Not only that, but IH is veteran enough a player that we can confirm his sincerity by reading past games.

The only problem I have with that argument is that it seems something of a tangent.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:56 am

Post by Dasquian »

By "that logic", do you mean IH's or mine?
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:01 am

Post by The Fonz »

His. He hasn't said anything recently i find objectionable.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:20 am

Post by Off the Mark »

I have to break down a HUGE post just to say I agree with it now? Actually, I didn't agree with every single point of kilmenator's. But I thought her analysis was logical and very pro-town. The main problem I had with kilm was offering little content (compared to other games I've read). Her making a huge post of analysis, which I think is sensible analysis, is enough to make her less suspicious to me.

Now tell me if this makes sense -- the kilm bandwagon had pretty much died out before I replaced into the game and voted her. I got that bandwagon going again. Then kilm posted and reduced my suspicion of her enough so that I was now more suspicious of inhimshallIbe. So I switched my vote. Then inhimshallIbe comes along and accuses me and kilmenator of being scumbuddies? I'm sorry but that makes no sense whatsoever.

Yeah, I'm feeling very comfortable with my
inhim
vote.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:29 am

Post by gorckat »

I'm still reading through people...not sure where I want to put my vote at the moment...more in a (hopefully) short bit.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:32 am

Post by The Fonz »

gorckat wrote:I'm still reading through people...not sure where I want to put my vote at the moment...more in a (hopefully) short bit.
You're currently my second biggest suspect. I'd like to see some pretty substantial analysis, if you wouldn't mind.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:39 am

Post by gorckat »

On InHim:
1 wrote:Up through page 8, and I think I have a pair o' scum:

pete d and The Fonz

<snip> I think these two are up to no good.
3 wrote:Ha, and there you go with backing up pete d again.
<snip>
I attacked you because I think you're scummy.
4 wrote:@ The Fonz: you're answering questions better than I think scum would at the moment, so for this Day I'm going to have to let you sit on the back burner.

@ pete d: what was said on those first few pages haven't changed, have they? Yes, I still think shady stuff was happening there early on.

But.

I think this Day has ran its course.

unvote; vote: kilmenator - I like this vote better than the other, but with fair warning, I'll hammer Off the Mark.
Despite your, presumably, best judgement that Fonz and pete are scum partners, you're willing to vote/hammer two other players with no reasoning behind why...
6 wrote:Alright, so the replacements have had a lot of their say as far as review goes.

And, even with it, I still want to lynch kilmenator. IH, I guess fault me for not knowing The Fonz "uses metas more," but I think in this game he's scummy for pushing his argument for so long. It just cries of a desperate attempt.

But, I have been wrong before, and kilmenator just seems to be the better choice for Today because of some coattail riding, which I will gladly take care of with a Day 1 lynch. That's why my vote is where it is.
You reassert that Fonz is scum.
7 wrote:Pretty sure my suspicions of pete d have been right where I left them. But good job trying to clear your partner's name, again. Also, I don't believe I said you were "more town" but rather that I'd let you be for Today.
Again with the scumbuds.
8 wrote:So, moving down the list, pete d still hasn't done anything to improve his standing with me, it's just that kilm and OtM have gotten worse. The Fonz's consistency is why I've got you listed on the bottom, even if I think you're being consistent scum.
You've been needling at Fonz the whole time and never voted him. Why not?

vote:inHimshallibe
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:41 am

Post by gorckat »

The Fonz wrote:You're currently my second biggest suspect. I'd like to see some pretty substantial analysis, if you wouldn't mind.
Hope that is suitably substantial...its not the most verbose package, but I hope it promotes some dialog with inHim.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:34 am

Post by IH »

nobody reads anything in detail.
ME wrote:
Ok, so the only reason you should with hold information (such as suspicions, opinions, thoughts etc) is if it is related to your role. Anything else is just anti town play. Not necessarily scummy, but it is detrimental to the town.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:16 am

Post by Off the Mark »

IH wrote:nobody reads anything in detail.
ME wrote:Ok, so the only reason you should with hold information (such as suspicions, opinions, thoughts etc) is if it is
related to your role.
Anything else is just anti town play. Not necessarily scummy, but it is detrimental to the town.
Just what do you think it is we're talking about here? A
role
. End of discussion.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:31 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Of course, I have no proof that I'm just voting in retaliation to my accusers other than my suspicions for them now.

Y'know, I'm not one for usually specifically pairing off people as scum, but I've really felt the need to in this game, as I think some of the interactions have really stood out to me.

Why haven't I ever voted The Fonz? Well, it seems like I've always been on the catch-up lagging in to just write my thoughts on the previous posts instead of being in the thick of things and proactive about it. I read scummy stuff on him, but then again he seems to have redeemed himself just enough in a post later on to holster my vote.

My thoughts stand as they are. The utter disregard OtM gave to kilm's post besides the "meh, seems good" after the callout is still my sticking point.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:33 am

Post by Off the Mark »

@inhim

No response to post 381? I'm not surprised.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:13 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

inHimshallibe wrote:Of course, I have no proof that I'm just voting in retaliation to my accusers other than my suspicions for them now.
OtM's going a little ad hominem, now. Scumerrific!
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:18 pm

Post by IH »

I will say that I find it interesting how fast certain people were to jump on me.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:42 pm

Post by Off the Mark »

inHimshallibe wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote:Of course, I have no proof that I'm just voting in retaliation to my accusers other than my suspicions for them now.
OtM's going a little ad hominem, now. Scumerrific!
Is that part you quoted supposed to be your response to post 381? I was hoping you would explain why, according your theory, I started up a bandwagon on my scumbuddy as my first action upon replacing into this game. Your theory does not match the facts here. On my read-through, kilmenator and thorgot (and eletriar) were the most suspicious to me. I got the PM telling me that thorgot was innocent, of course, so I voted for kilmenator. You're asking people to believe that I immediately dropped into a game that had plenty of confusion going on, and decided to bus one of my mafia buddies? Sorry, I'm not that sneaky/weird.
Off the Mark
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Off the Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:27 am

Post by Off the Mark »

inHimshallibe wrote: OtM's going a little ad hominem, now. Scumerrific!
There's nothing ad hominem about it. I am not surprised that scum would just ignore an argument that pointed out a huge logic flaw in their theory.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:57 am

Post by The Fonz »

I have to agree strongly with OTM, there was nothing remotely ad hominem about any of his last few posts.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:09 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

May sound like a newbie here .. but what the hell is ad hominem, and just another one that I don't recognize .. QFT?

Please update me on these mafia lingo that wasn't never taught in my newbie school ...
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:30 am

Post by The Fonz »

Ad hominem attack. Wher you don't attack the argument, but the person making. IE, instead of something like:
It's simply untrue to say my behaviour constitutes pushing a quicklynch
an ad hom attack looks like this:
I'm not responding to that, you're obviously a freaking moron
or
You're such a n00b. I can't believe you'd come out with something so dumb.
Like I'd pay any attention to what you're saying, you're Canadian. When has anything worthwhile or good come out of Canada?
Exaggeration for comic effect, but you see my point. Ad hom attacks out of frustration are not uncommon in town players (when you feel someone is deliberately and repeatedly misrepping you, or just not listening to what you're saying) but they can also be a scum tactic, to obscure the merit of the opposing argument. Ad hom attacks are bad because if someone's making crap arguments, you should be able to state why they're crap, rather than resorting to ad hominem.

QFT= quoted for Truth. A short way of saying 'I agree with the above.'
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by kilmenator »

Yeah, I didnt know what ad hominem was either... Still here, not much more for me to say at this point...
kilmenator
kilmenator
Goon
kilmenator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:53 pm

Post by kilmenator »

Well maybe I do...

Vote: InHimShallIBe
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:34 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

The Fonz wrote:Ad hominem attack. Wher you don't attack the argument, but the person making. IE, instead of something like:
It's simply untrue to say my behaviour constitutes pushing a quicklynch
an ad hom attack looks like this:
I'm not responding to that, you're obviously a freaking moron
or
You're such a n00b. I can't believe you'd come out with something so dumb.
Like I'd pay any attention to what you're saying, you're Canadian. When has anything worthwhile or good come out of Canada?
Exaggeration for comic effect, but you see my point. Ad hom attacks out of frustration are not uncommon in town players (when you feel someone is deliberately and repeatedly misrepping you, or just not listening to what you're saying) but they can also be a scum tactic, to obscure the merit of the opposing argument. Ad hom attacks are bad because if someone's making crap arguments, you should be able to state why they're crap, rather than resorting to ad hominem.

QFT= quoted for Truth. A short way of saying 'I agree with the above.'
Thanks Fonz .. I didn't feel like swimming around the wiki as that always gets me into trouble.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”