YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:00 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

AutumnEvenings wrote:MoS--sure, I'm up for a party. :) But what makes you think Billy is pro-town? I have so little read on him that I'm kind of baffled at how you reached that conclusion.
Billy has posted like 5 posts, and they all seem pro town I guess.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:57 am

Post by AutumnEvenings »

YogurtBandit wrote:
AutumnEvenings wrote:MoS--sure, I'm up for a party. :) But what makes you think Billy is pro-town? I have so little read on him that I'm kind of baffled at how you reached that conclusion.
I'm sorry...are you MoS? 'Cause pretty sure I asked him.
[color=blue][i]"They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved and how. And how much." --Arundhati Roy[/i][/color]
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:59 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

AutumnEvenings wrote:
YogurtBandit wrote:
I'm sorry...are you MoS? 'Cause pretty sure I asked him.
Just stating my stuff.
HungryJoe
HungryJoe
Goon
HungryJoe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:05 pm

Post by HungryJoe »

Yeah, no need to be an ass here, AE. It never hurts to hear from other people who aren't trolling *hint hint*, at least, if you're townie. Let them pile more evidence on themselves, or bring up a point to note. Your opinion is not the only one that matters here, and neither is MoS.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:08 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I started a re-read and only got up to page 13...wow. Its long. I'm losing the will to continue.

Mod: will you hate me as much as the players if I asked for a replacement ?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:34 pm

Post by Guardian »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I started a re-read and only got up to page 13...wow. Its long. I'm losing the will to continue.

Why are you losing will? Is coming up with cases on people you know not to be your scum buddies difficult? You could at least help us find the SK.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:35 pm

Post by Glork »

Meh.
Unvote, Vote: Guardian
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:53 pm

Guardian wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:I started a re-read and only got up to page 13...wow. Its long. I'm losing the will to continue.

Why are you losing will? Is coming up with cases on people you know not to be your scum buddies difficult? You could at least help us find the SK.
I fail to help or contribute in any way. Looking at my posts, I would lynch myself if I didn't know I was town.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:56 pm

Post by Guardian »

Well, theoretically, you
do
know that you are town. And town serve the town by hunting for scum! So why not get through the second half of the re-read and contribute?
You can
do
it!
Do not lynch me.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:02 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Albert: It's not cool to ask for replacement just because you can't find any scum. You're in the game, play it; if you don't re-read the thread, your replacement would have to anyway.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:12 pm

Yosarian2 wrote:Albert: It's not cool to ask for replacement just because you can't find any scum. You're in the game, play it; if you don't re-read the thread, your replacement would have to anyway.
A more experienced player, savvier with the playstyles of each person would likely help the town in ways I cannot, and see thing that I do not see.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:13 pm

I've never been in a game this tough, day 1 with 26 pages ? C'mon put yourself in my shoes. Plus I'm playing with the likes of Glork and MBL.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:20 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Albert: It's not cool to ask for replacement just because you can't find any scum. You're in the game, play it; if you don't re-read the thread, your replacement would have to anyway.
A more experienced player, savvier with the playstyles of each person would likely help the town in ways I cannot, and see thing that I do not see.
That dosn't matter. If you're here to play mafia, then play mafia. Replacements are for when your computer dies and your house burns down and you can't get online for a while, not for when a game gets hard. If you get lynched, you get lynched and try to do better next time; it's just a game.

Trying to get replaced in the hopes that your replacement might be able to help your side better is not fair to your replacement, and dosn't help your side anyway, as your replacement would then be in the difficult position of trying to defend things you did. Just read the thread, see if anything looks scummy to you, and do your best.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:35 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

Yosarian2 wrote: Trying to get replaced in the hopes that your replacement might be able to help your side better is not fair to your replacement, and dosn't help your side anyway, as your replacement would then be in the difficult position of trying to defend things you did. Just read the thread, see if anything looks scummy to you, and do your best.
Agreed, ive had that happened to me twice as a replacement, and it was never a good situaiton. I wouldnt abandon the game because of that Albert, because its not fair for your replacement.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:38 pm

Alright I'll soldier up then. But I warn you not to blame me for all that anti-town behavior when I'm found as townie. And don't judge me on this game's performance.

Mod, I'll stay in this game.

Like previously, content coming up before monday.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:40 pm

Post by YogurtBandit »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Alright I'll soldier up then. But I warn you not to blame me for all that anti-town behavior
when I'm found as townie.
And don't judge me on this game's performance.

So you are confident you will be lynched?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:47 pm

YogurtBandit wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Alright I'll soldier up then. But I warn you not to blame me for all that anti-town behavior
when I'm found as townie.
And don't judge me on this game's performance.

So you are confident you will be lynched?
No, but at the end of the game everyone's alignment will be known, and I will be criticized for my bad play at the beginning.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:47 pm

Post by Guardian »

All this fatalistic requesting for replacement then deciding not to etc. does nothing to convince me you are town, by the way, so if you indeed are, then do something about it.
Do not lynch me.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:51 pm

Guardian wrote:All this fatalistic requesting for replacement then deciding not to etc. does nothing to convince me you are town, by the way, so if you indeed are, then do something about it.
I'm not asking you to believe I'm town. I'm asking you not to criticize my play when the game is over. Even if the town loses.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:57 pm

Post by Guardian »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:<snip>
I'm not asking you to believe I'm town.
<snip>
Albert, if you're not even asking us to, then why should we? :\. Statements like that really don't help you out at all.
Do not lynch me.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:00 pm

Guardian wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:<snip>
I'm not asking you to believe I'm town.
<snip>
Albert, if you're not even asking us to, then why should we? :\. Statements like that really don't help you out at all.
I meant that I don't ask you to believe I'm town because I'm whining like a bitch and threatening to slit my wrists. I'm staying so I can help find scum, and that will be enough to prove me town or scum. Now gimme til monday.
AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:38 pm

Post by AutumnEvenings »

Reading this I was trying to decide whether Albert felt sincere or whether it was emotional manipulation, or what, but I've decided I honestly don't care.

Billy Twilight's last post was on Monday and he said he'd try to get a re-read and post in by Wednesday. It's now well past Wednesday. And I found Yogurt's and HungryJoe's reaction to my question to MoS about why he called Billy pro-town rather interesting. Especially since Yogurt seems scummy to me, as does HungryJoe (who, it's worth noting, echoed Billy in 107 on the subject of Yogurt).

So
unvote, vote: BillyTwilight, re-FoS: HungryJoe and Yougurt
[color=blue][i]"They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved and how. And how much." --Arundhati Roy[/i][/color]
BillyTwilight
BillyTwilight
Goon
BillyTwilight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:39 pm

Post by BillyTwilight »

I hate lurker hunting. AE, that puts you one down in my book, real fast.

Posting in this game has gotten out of control. Every time I sit down and try to re-read and get back into the game, I find at least 2-3 more pages than the last time I read the thread. There have been 12 pages and 300+ posts since Wednesday. Yesterday was outrageous, especially since I consider most of it to be crap and arguments that are just as likely to be town arguing with town.

Rundown of current topics of discussion, as I see them.

TCS' play: Playing with TCS in the Clue games, and I agree with Jack. It seems that TCS has decided to try and go the "be more scummy" approach to mafia, to build a rep and make it easier to play as scum. Doesn't really help us a lot in this game, but if we all understand that it will be a little easier to decipher his alignment. I don't think he's obvscum as YB seems to believe.

Albert: Albert seems very insecure in his ability to play as town. His follow the leader mentality is not necessarily scummy, but the play is not indicative of him being town either. The way his wagon grows and shrinks on a day-to-day (or minute-to-minute) basis tells me that there are probably scum on his wagon, and they are jumping on and off as they see it come and go. The question is if the scum are jumping on and off a bus or not. With the rapidity of the wagon's going and coming I am beginning to think that maybe it is a bus-job. I'll have to have a much more thorough read to decide who I do or don't like on his wagon now. Also, his "asks for replacement, asks not to be replaced" routine seems contrived to me.

Jack: Actually I agree with almost everything he's said so far, which I figured would not be the case with how we have tended to disagree in Clue. He's the only player I see who really seems to think YB is scum. Since YB is scummiest in my book, I am finding myself agreeing with Jack more and more.

YB: Doing nothing for me. Just not getting the "noob town" vibe from him that other players have picked up. His PBPA is sketchy at best, and Jack caught him in a lot of flipping around on it. I don't like how he has been posting a lot of... fluff, I guess. It's not that he doesn't post content, but its in such a way that it seems to me to prolong and increase arguments. For example, I find his post from yesterday to be sort of egging on the arguments that boiled over yesterday.

Glork: Might be the only time I have seen him almost go off the deep end. It's actually kind of funny, but I am not picking up the scummy vibe that a lot of players seem to be picking up here, more just a feel of frustration.

AE: You've posted like crazy since you came in. I've not seen anything in your posts that I don't like, really, but fyi, lurker hunting makes me angry. Let the mod handle it, ask for a prod, etc, but lurker hunting sucks, and it's something that scum love to do.

Shteven: Seems town to me; Glork, what about about him do you really not like? He stayed on the Albert wagon for a long time, which to me seems more town because he didn't jump off when the wagon went away.

Guardian: Not getting a great read on Guardian. He's been kinda squeamish since way back with his original argument with BM about Glork's scum-hunting prowess. I don't like his post #630. The SK mention is forced, and kinda reminds me of the tell where a role reveals himself, eg a doc congratulating the doc for a successful protection.

Speaking of roles, I didn't like the talk several pages back about cops and masons and various other power roles, I think conducted by beanbagboy and yogurt. I am going to have to go back and reread to refresh myself on who exactly partook in that conversation and why they were talking about it.

None of the other players are really on the radar enough for me to comment on before I get a better re-read. Didn't understand MoS's talk about MBL lurking at all. Also don't agree with MBL that your vote should always be on someone in Day 1, as evidenced by the fact that I am not voting now.

I'll try and get a better re-read done tomorrow and post more. If school looks like its going to stay as bad as it has been the last month or so (been working about 100-120 hours a week since mid April) I might ask for a replacement. I have time to compose small posts on a day to day basis, but not to sit and read 5 new pages of gameplay and then post.
Show
[i]Frisch weht der Wind
Der Heimat zu
Mein Irisch Kind,
Wo weilest du?

Oed' und leer das Meer.[/i]

Und sagt die Zauberw├â┬Ârter Simsalbimbamba Saladu Saladim
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:36 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Billy: Lurker hunting is a pro-town thing to do. Prods and replacements can help, but when it comes down to it, if a person wants to activly lurk and just occasioanly post in unhelpful ways, the only way to deal with is is votes and pressure. Besides, when possible, it's better to deal with lurkers through votes and pressure anyway; the reaction to someone who comes back from lurking because of a lurkerwagon on him is much more informative then the reaction of someone who comes back from lurking because of a mod prod.
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:40 pm

Post by Shteven »

Agreed. There's been far too many pages going over and over the same people for the same reasons. Albert, Guardian, and TCS all seem to be the same person to me. Glork has posted an incredible amount of text, which I do think is being helpful, but it's also harming just from the sheer quantity. And BM is similiar to albert/guardian/TCS but is also with a side of lurking thrown in.

I wouldn't mind if Albert/Guardian/TCS/Glork would lessen their posts for the next day or two to let some other voices be focused on for a bit. Come back before too long, but give people a shot at actually catching up. A couple short posts are fine.

Other ideas that I'd like to hear more about are yogurt-as-scum ideas, and the various connections with billy/hungryJoe. I think if we can lower the overall post count, the average quality will increase. Eventually the thread got out of control, and I have just now caught up.

Is spamming a scumtell? (this is not an entirely serious question, but I figure it's an interesting thought)

I realize Glork eventually unvoted me, but it wasn't due to a direct post of mine, but rather other people passing me. If you're still suspicious of me, let me know. In a one line summary of my game so far, I random voted albert and then every post he made since then made him seem a bit scummier than the last, so I never moved my vote.

As for my uncast vote, the 5 all seem great from the huge wars they've had. I clearly can't vote for all 5, and there's got to be some of them who are pro-town, so this doesn't really help me much. This is why I wanted to hear more about yogurt, billy, etc. I realize and fully agree that all pro-town players should do their own analysis, but I am currently unwilling to reread all 26 pages. I may do some selective reads of various players. I feel that most of my posts have had content, perhaps not on the scale of Glork, but I wouldn't call all of my posts up to the last few content free, as autumn did. My invitation to Glork is also open to everyone, if you have concerns about me, I will answer them, please repost them now.

*There is no C in Shteven, thanks. I've already added one letter to my name, there's no need to add two. I'm not Yiddish.**

**Not that there's anything wrong with that.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”