Mini 425 Generic Western Mafia- Game over!

Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:26 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

I FOS'd because it'd be easy for a scum to lead a counterwagon on the leader of the previous one that had lynched a townie. All he has to do is wait till a wagon is on someone who isn't one of his mates, and mention how their suspicious of a persons reasons. Then next day after the mislynch you just start up suspicion on the wagon's leader(s). With a little luck you turn one mislynch into two.

Day 2, First official vote count:

mustafa15 (1): CrashTextDummie
DeathSauce (1): gorckat

Not voting: mustafa15, Peter Venkman, Thesp, DeathSauce, TeamQuiggan, Paradoxombie, Occult, Raffles

10 alive, 6 to lynch.

I've prodded Thesp and TeamQuiggan to make sure they're aware day has started. Raffles has indicated that he's camping and won't be able to post until Saturday, so I won't be looking for a replacement so long as he checks in then.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:01 pm

Post by Thesp »

Vote: mustafa15. FOS: DeathSauce, Team Quiggan.

Morning.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:10 am

Post by gorckat »

Paradoxombie wrote:I FOS'd because it'd be easy for a scum to lead a counterwagon on the leader of the previous one that had lynched a townie. All he has to do is wait till a wagon is on someone who isn't one of his mates, and mention how their suspicious of a persons reasons. Then next day after the mislynch you just start up suspicion on the wagon's leader(s). With a little luck you turn one mislynch into two.
I'm sorry, can you clarify that?
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:04 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

If you are scum, then you can simply wait till there's a wagon that you know will be a mislynch. You point out how you find the wagon's motivation scummy, and when the lynchee comes up townie you can direct suspicion at the leaders.

It's just speculation, but it certainly isn't any less FOS worthy than deathsauce's speculation
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:43 am

Post by gorckat »

So day one, scum points out a bad wagon, then leads the wagon Day 2 on the Day 1 leader?

Why not lead the wagon day 1 and declare scum would never do that beacuse they'd get busted?

I think your line of reasoning is WIFOM, or at least suspect/weak.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:46 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

DeathSauce wrote: Perhaps I was wrong about PV and CTD. You three certainly are throwing a nice little blanket of suspicion on me.
I'm doing what now? Quotes please.

-Peter
Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:01 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

EBWOP.

I see, that wasn't actually directed at me. <sigh>

@Thesp> why FOS
Team Quiggan
? I don't have much of a read on him

-Peter
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:58 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

DeathSauce wrote:Hmmm, CrashTextDummy finds a tiny inconsistency and tries blowing it up into major thing, where have we seen this behavior before?
Stuff like this pisses me off. Internal inconsistencies tend to be among the more reliable scum-tells in my experience, so when I see one, I point it out. If the person being inconsistent can't explain it away, I tend to think he's scum. Evidently, the majority of the town either agreed with me or didn't feel bothered to present a feasible counter-wagon. I do not appreciate at all the way you're trying to pin this one on me in an attempt to discredit my legitimacy.
Oh yes, when we lynched VRK, a TOWNIE over nothing!
When are you planning to make up your mind on this matter anyhow? It's easy for you to say
now
that we lynched him over "nothing", but yesterday you didn't seem to think that way:
DeathSauce wrote:I still am suspicious of CTD and Peter's motivation. I disagree with some of the reasoning behind their votes on VRK. But I have to admit they might be correct.
Why do I get the feeling that you're much more interested in making various people appear in a bad light, instead of actually hunting scum? You've done at least 3 U-turns when it comes to your opinion of me and the wagon on VRK, and while I acknowledge that it's quite natural to change your opinion over the course of a game as a townsperson, I'm growing increasingly wary of it in your case.

Mustafa15 - I'm willing to buy that answer, but it didn't adress all the gripes I have with you. You were basically non-existant during the deadline period, and since I happen to believe that the mislynch wasn't scum-driven, that makes you a prime candidate for scum lying low. It's about time we hear some actual analysis from you, and a List of Suspicion would be a nice place to start.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:54 pm

Post by Thesp »

Peter Venkman wrote:@Thesp> why FOS
Team Quiggan
Later. ;)
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
TeamQuiggan
TeamQuiggan
Townie
TeamQuiggan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:30 pm

Post by TeamQuiggan »

wishew, alot of snarky quick attacks, but I guess that is to be expected now that 2 townies bit the dust.
Right now Im going to keep my eyes on Peter Venkman, Thesp, & CrashTextDummie. Who, also, are the most aggressive players. I worry that we may just be jumping at shadows as the scumm watch from afar and mock us. *Shakes fist*
But I do have some OMGUS hate going on against Thesp there. Sure I was involved in the rope tying, but that was just my civic duty. Also he slings bold text around quicker then Widowmakers, and that makes me nervous.
CrashTextDummie- This guy is always quick with both barrels, and in the thick of everything, could be scummy
Peter Venkman-Oppo-OMGUS on this guy, but still alot of fierece battling for the lynch, going to keep the eye on him.

Good thing they killed PEG, I didn't like his brashness, and he was kinda scummy.
TeamQuiggan
TeamQuiggan
Townie
TeamQuiggan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:31 pm

Post by TeamQuiggan »

er, I should supplement that, it isn't a good thing that another town is dead, just that the town that I was offended by is dead. :?
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:48 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

Thesp wrote:
Peter Venkman wrote:@Thesp> why FOS
Team Quiggan
Later. ;)
No way man. You have been pulling that stuff all game. If you want to help the town, now is the time. Otherwise you have just been posting little goofy tidbits left and right, without any analysis.

What is
this
all about?
Thesp wrote:
DeathSauce wrote:Sorry, I appreciate the three of you trying to shift the focus onto Peter, but you honestly couldn't be more transparent. When there are three players acting in concert throughout 23 pages, it makes outing you pretty easy.

I am convinced I've chosen the right group as scum. If we lynch any of the mustafa/VRK/pickem group, I am fine with that.
I like you, even though you're only 1/3 right.
-Peter
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:18 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Exactly.

Vote: Thesp

You've posted nothing but baseless accusations and non sequiturs since you've joined the game.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:11 am

Post by gorckat »

@Thesp: Can you now divulge what you saw here:

~5-22 wrote:This is an odd approach, when CTD had just confirmed himself as VRK's partner.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:11 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

gorckat wrote: Why not lead the wagon day 1 and declare scum would never do that beacuse they'd get busted?
Because that is harder, more suspicious and would result in less town deaths obviously.

I find your casual dismissal suspicious.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:27 am

Post by Thesp »

TeamQuiggan wrote:wishew, alot of snarky quick attacks, but I guess that is to be expected now that 2 townies bit the dust.
Right now Im going to keep my eyes on Peter Venkman, Thesp, & CrashTextDummie. Who, also, are the most aggressive players. I worry that we may just be jumping at shadows as the scumm watch from afar and mock us. *Shakes fist*
But I do have some OMGUS hate going on against Thesp there. Sure I was involved in the rope tying, but that was just my civic duty. Also he slings bold text around quicker then Widowmakers, and that makes me nervous.
CrashTextDummie- This guy is always quick with both barrels, and in the thick of everything, could be scummy
Peter Venkman-Oppo-OMGUS on this guy, but still alot of fierece battling for the lynch, going to keep the eye on him.

Good thing they killed PEG, I didn't like his brashness, and he was kinda scummy.
That's not what I expected at all.
UnFOS: TeamQuiggan.

Peter Venkman wrote:No way man. You have been pulling that stuff all game. If you want to help the town, now is the time. Otherwise you have just been posting little goofy tidbits left and right, without any analysis.
Sorry, I wanted to see his TeamQuiggan's post first. My suspicion of TeamQuiggan was a holdover from his predecessor. I'm less inclined to pursue TeamQuiggan now.
Peter Venkman wrote:What is this all about?
Thesp wrote:
DeathSauce wrote:Sorry, I appreciate the three of you trying to shift the focus onto Peter, but you honestly couldn't be more transparent. When there are three players acting in concert throughout 23 pages, it makes outing you pretty easy.

I am convinced I've chosen the right group as scum. If we lynch any of the mustafa/VRK/pickem group, I am fine with that.

I like you, even though you're only 1/3 right.
-Peter
I liked his boldness and willingness to take a stab at who he thought was scum. The "1/3 right" was an allusion to that I agreed with one of his three picks for scum then.
DeathSauce wrote:You've posted nothing but baseless accusations and non sequiturs since you've joined the game.
Simply because I don't post reasons doesn't mean I don't
have
them.
gorckat wrote:@Thesp: Can you now divulge what you saw here:
~5-22 wrote: This is an odd approach, when CTD had just confirmed himself as VRK's partner.
I'll go back and check a little later when I have some time, I think it had something to do with what appeared to be a deflection to me.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
DeathSauce
DeathSauce
Goon
DeathSauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:41 am

Post by DeathSauce »

Just letting you guys know I'll be in the mountains for the next 4-5 days, so no posting from me in that time.

unvote
just in case something silly happens
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:03 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

Thanks for the reply Thesp
Thesp wrote:I liked his boldness and willingness to take a stab at who he thought was scum. The "1/3 right" was an allusion to that I agreed with one of his three picks for scum then.
I assume the 1/3rd you agreed with was Mustafa? What are your feelings on him now?

What do you think about Death's Day Two behavior?

-Peter
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:31 pm

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Any particular reason why you completely ignored my last post, DeathSauce?
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:06 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

The lurking list!

mustafa15 - 5 days
Occult - 4 days
Raffles (excused?)

...and a whole lot at three days.

Vote mustafa15

-Peter
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:37 pm

Post by Thesp »

Peter Venkman wrote:Thanks for the reply Thesp
Thesp wrote:I liked his boldness and willingness to take a stab at who he thought was scum. The "1/3 right" was an allusion to that I agreed with one of his three picks for scum then.
I assume the 1/3rd you agreed with was Mustafa? What are your feelings on him now?

What do you think about Death's Day Two behavior?

-Peter
Actually, it was VRK at the time. It's mustafa15 now. Things change.

I'm uncomfortable, to say the least, with Deathsauce's behavior today. What about you?
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:49 am

Post by Occult »

I could of sworn I posted in here 2 days ago.... Srry bout that.

Not liking DS right now, it looks kinda like scum had a good day (yesterday) and now he's got confidence.
mustafa15
mustafa15
Goon
mustafa15
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:21 am

Post by mustafa15 »

I'm here, my finals just ended, which is why I've been inactive this week. I'm catching up right now.
I'm back
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:27 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

Whatever, you (and Occult) were active enough to notice someone calling you out on lurking without a prod.

-Peter
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:27 pm

Post by Raffles »

Sorry, I didn't foresee the consequences of signing up for lots of games mean after I've been away, I have to catch up in all of them! Will be back with something soon.
Woof!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”