reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:43 pm

Post by reinoe »

Spoiler: Why Matsumi Sisters need to be lynched today
In an interview with Mario Kart 8 director Kosuke Yabuki, Yabuki went into great detail about how they struggled to make a brand new character to make their debut in Mario Kart 8. But once the creative ideas started flowing, something magical was born.

“In the initial stages of planning, I hired some of the best character designers in the industry to create more characters for Mario Kart 8 because we ran out of great Mario characters to use,” explained Yabuki, “We could have used Diddy Kong or Dry Bones again, but those characters are simply filler compared to titans like Baby Mario and Baby Daisy. We needed something fresh and on the first day, the design team came up with some wonderful ideas.”

The character designer who came up with Pink Gold Peach, Miyake Takuji, said that his ideas for brand new Mario characters would awe the masses. In his opinion however, he says that Nintendo chose one of his weakest designs.

“The design team did not know each other the first day so we held an icebreaker,” recalled Takuji, “We held a contest for the most unoriginal character for fun and it just so happened that Yabuki-san stopped by to see how we were doing. He walked into a room full of characters like Baby Metal Mario and Waluigi 2. Before we could explain what was happening, he looked at my Gold Peach and said that this character was perfect.”

“Afterwards, I was kept on the team for three years to help refine the character,” continued Takuji, “I was still getting paid so it did not matter to me. In the meantime, I created some more characters like Gold Mario for the new Mario Golf game. That is also why we had to change Gold Peach to Pink Gold Peach because players might have thought Nintendo was running out of ideas after seeing Gold Mario and then Gold Peach. I also tried to present a redesign of Wart from Super Mario USA to the team, but they thought he was not unique enough considering Yoshi was already in the game.”

And it seems that Nintendo’s decision to hire these character designers has paid off. Popular Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu has already named Pink Gold Peach as one of the top video game characters of 2014 that are completely made out of gold.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:48 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

So are you going to troll and just sit there fiddling your thumbs and hope town listens to your scummy ramblings?
Fine by me.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:53 pm

Post by Matsumi Sisters »

I'M HERE
I'm in too many games and I've been busy as fuck recently. I'll catch up on this game no later than this weekend. <- this is a promise

-Yuu
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:54 pm

In post 701, Sakura Hana wrote:So are you going to troll and just sit there fiddling your thumbs and hope town listens to your scummy ramblings?
Fine by me.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:13 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 699, reinoe wrote:
Spoiler: Why aphix is scum
Shadow the Hedgehog is an action computer game for the Sony PlayStation 2, Microsoft Xbox and Nintendo Gamecube. Despite its apparent targeting at a younger audience, the game undeniably touches on issues of race, often in an unfair way. Shadow is a black character, as are the main villains of the game. While Shadow is essentially the 'hero' of the game, it is not straightforward. Players are given a choice as to whether to be good or evil.

Unlike his counterpart 'Sonic', Shadow, the main character of the game, is not an archetypal hero. He is portrayed as an 'edgier' character, having suffered amnesia and therefore having difficulties with his own sense of self. Most importantly of all, whereas Sonic is blue, Shadow's fur is that of a distinct black. Whereas Sonic would appear on the covers of his games with a big grin on his face, Shadow appears on the cover art with a definite sneer, most notably holding what appears to be a large gun. In the game itself, when Shadow first acquires his firearm, Sonic utters,
"I wouldn't be caught dead with one of those."

Why is this? Because Sonic is not black? Sonic Team, the creator of the game, are definitely making a point here. Firstly, Sonic is implying that it is not in his character to use guns, does this mean it is in a black persons nature to use guns? In all the many, many Sonic games, Sonic has never once used a gun, but in giving the first black character in the Sonic universe their own spin-off game, they immediately pick up a gun and don't even question the morality of its usage.

Secondly, unlike a normal Sonic game, the player of 'Shadow' is given the choice as to whether or not to play through the game as 'good' or 'evil'. Why is this? Never once while playing as Sonic have we had the chance to be evil. However, once we switch to Shadow, his black counterpart, many of the games' objectives are in fact, to do evil deeds. Is it a mere coincidence that the 'black guy' has the ability to become evil, while the 'white guy' (or in this case blue) does not?

The bad guys are rather unsubtly named 'The Black Aliens'. Within the story they have come down to Earth and are causing havoc on the world they're invading. If this is not a swipe at immigration laws then I don't know what is. At once the soldiers of Earth (all of them are white) go to war with these black aliens. If a player decides to side with these soldiers these 'black aliens' can be killed. However, to side with the aliens, you are not able to kill the soldiers, merely knock them to the ground; either that or simply destroy lifeless robots. The evidence is clear here, you are allowed to kill 'the blacks', but you aren't allowed to kill 'the whites'. Is the life of a white man really that much more significant than the life of a black man? Were the actions of the 'Black Aliens' to be performed by human they would ultimately considered as 'terrorist', therefore by this rationale every terrorist must be black.

While all the characters in the Sonic the Hedgehog universe have their own distinct personalities (Sonic being the 'cool' one, Knuckles being the 'brash' one, etc), Shadow on the other hand does not. He is confused and alone; he is essentially a black man in a white man's world. When the 'Black Aliens' come to his Earth, he naturally fears them.

"Get out of my sight, disgusting black creatures," is just one of the many racist remarks he himself utters, despite the fact that he is black himself. Only when the story progresses and Shadow realises that he may be of the same origin as the black aliens, does he call their wickedness into question. Is this a knock by Sega at the 'average' black man not staying true to his roots in today's white oriented culture? It seems likely.

At one point in the game you are forced to decide between siding with the 'Black Aliens' or the evil 'Dr. Robotnik'. For those not familiar with the Sonic the Hedgehog universe, Dr. Robotnik is essentially a fascist dictator with aspirations of world domination. Now, while the black aliens are doing 'evil' deeds, Dr. Robotnik has also performed, and continues to perform deeds just as evil. Let us imagine, for argument's sake, that the Black Aliens and Dr. Robotnik are as 'evil' as each other; why so then, is Dr. Robotnik's cause portrayed as the 'hero' option while the side of the 'Black Aliens' portrayed as the 'evil' option? Is it because Dr. Robotnik is white?

Shadow the Hedgehog? Ban this racist filth.

This is unacceptable.
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:53 am

Oh look at who finally decided to appear
Spoiler: A Little Backstory
I had plans of quitting mafia either permanently or for a long while, then pieguy wanted me to continue playing and offered to hydra with me for this game, then he abandons me because he's busy with stuff and since i also got busy for a lil while i wasn't caught up in the thread and without pieguy as help to catch me up i decided to skim it and that's when derp hammer happened. I've been so annoyed that i don't even care if you guys lynch me or not at this point, but at least I decided im not going to make it easy.

Why is metal sonic here?
- Kuro
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:19 am

Post by Fluminator »

VOTE: Metal Sonic
The fact Matsumi isn't self hammering right now is interesting. Makes me think she may end up not being scum after all. We shall find out soon.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:54 am

Post by Fluminator »

I read Reino's ISO. I thought his posting has been weird, but they actually make perfect sense if you read it under the assumption he's scum. How many people would find it hilarious if Reino is scum and he put in a jailkeeper.

I think Matsumi's hypothetical vig kill should be Reino. Thoughts?
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:22 am

Post by reinoe »

Fluminator wrote:VOTE: Metal Sonic
The fact Matsumi isn't self hammering right now is interesting. Makes me think she may end up not being scum after all. We shall find out soon.

No it isn't. Matsumi has taken the fake claim route. It's an attempt to draw out a cc and get a kill of a PR or an attempt to get a mass claim.

"READ IT UNDER THE ISO UNDER THE ASSUMPTION HE'S SCUM" i.e. read it with bias and then everything makes sense!!!!!

ok Fluminator is scum. Why aren't we hammering for god's sake. Look at how hard Flum is defending this shit. It's going to be exactly like I predicted. We're going to fart around for another 10 days and not lynch scum. Remarkable. This is what I wake up to in the morning.

Also, notice how Flum thinks trolling is "scummy" but had shit to say about gaiden doing jack shit all day yesterday. Please for all things holy, some one hammer this shit.

Also I'm pretty sure the scum is at L-2 so the fake claim strategy is working out really well for scum.

Selkie
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:25 am

In post 708, reinoe wrote:No it isn't. Matsumi has taken the fake claim route. It's an attempt to draw out a cc and get a kill of a PR or an attempt to get a mass claim.

Or scum has taken the kill a PR during the day so they dont have to waste a shot on them tonight route.
- Kuro
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:28 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 709, Matsumi Sisters wrote:
In post 708, reinoe wrote:No it isn't. Matsumi has taken the fake claim route. It's an attempt to draw out a cc and get a kill of a PR or an attempt to get a mass claim.

Or scum has taken the kill a PR during the day so they dont have to waste a shot on them tonight route.
- Kuro

Your play doesn't correspond to your role. Your shot doesn't correspond to your read. Fake claiming is an art you have not yet mastered.

Selkie
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:31 am

In post 710, reinoe wrote:
In post 709, Matsumi Sisters wrote:

- Kuro

Your play doesn't correspond to your role. Your shot doesn't correspond to your read. Fake claiming is an art you have not yet mastered.

I am aware my play this game hasn't been ideal, and it's mostly due to annoyance that this is the 2nd time i hydra with someone and my other half flakes on me, specially after i wanted to stop playing mafia for a while and got convinced to join this as hydra. I have no qualms if i get lynched, but as I said, i'm not going to make it easy for scum to lynch me.
- Kuro
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:33 am

So how about you answer my question, I flip town 2-shot vig, let's suppose scum also shoots the remaining PR, you're 3 PRs down and 1 VT down, with a full mountainous against scum, and at a number disadvantage, what next?
- Kuro
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:56 am

Post by Majiffy »

Post for self-referential purposes.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:32 am

Post by Fluminator »

In post 708, reinoe wrote:
Fluminator wrote:VOTE: Metal Sonic

No it isn't. Matsumi has taken the fake claim route. It's an attempt to draw out a cc and get a kill of a PR or an attempt to get a mass claim.

"READ IT UNDER THE ISO UNDER THE ASSUMPTION HE'S SCUM" i.e. read it with bias and then everything makes sense!!!!!

ok Fluminator is scum. Why aren't we hammering for god's sake. Look at how hard Flum is defending this shit. It's going to be exactly like I predicted. We're going to fart around for another 10 days and not lynch scum. Remarkable. This is what I wake up to in the morning.

Also, notice how Flum thinks trolling is "scummy" but had shit to say about gaiden doing jack shit all day yesterday. Please for all things holy, some one hammer this shit.

Also I'm pretty sure the scum is at L-2 so the fake claim strategy is working out really well for scum.

You are really digging a hole. If you are town you need to take a break and reexamine what you're saying later.
Your first sentence is hogwash. Why would a vig claim publicly? The vig can cc at night by shooting her. How do you get a mass claim attempt out of this?

I read your posts under the assumption you are town and you are a terrible townie who makes no sense. I read your posts under the assumption you are scum and you are a good player and all your posts make sense. Take it as a compliment that I don't think you are a terrible player.

You really need to understand that if Matsumi is scum she becomes confirmed scum tomorrow. We lose no time by delaying it a day. We go after someone else today.

Ummm, I had a lot to say about Gaiden yesterday. I even said I wanted him vig killed.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:34 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

gaiden is currently working on a strategy that seems like it could work fairly well.
it even involves me lynching myself.
this will be fun
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:34 am

Post by reinoe »

Spoiler: randommidget wagon analysis
In a depressing announcement, though not all that surprising, the U.S. Department of State has revealed that the person responsible for reviewing the environmental impact of the keystone pipeline has been smoking pot incessantly for the past five years.

”Information has recently come to our attention that explains why the pipeline hasn’t been approved. The employee reviewing the project has had a lack of motivation from smoking pot. This employee has been reassigned and we will be approving the pipeline immediately. We are truly sorry for delay.”

With multiple reports showing that the keystone pipeline will cause no environmental damage, people have been flabbergasted as to why it hasn’t been green-lighted. We now know why.

Despite most people expressing outrage at the news, President Obama said today that it doesn’t bother him. “Listen, I sympathize with the federal employee. These people work hard and sometimes they need some relief from the stress. He might’ve over done it, but that’s OK. I will continue the practice of allowing federal employees to be extremely incompetent without fear of consequences.”

The President went on to say that the reason it took him so long to call the Benghazi attack a terrorist event was that he too occasionally smokes pot. “We all do it. Why do you think it takes so long to get things done around here?”

The President is right in his analysis according to Washington insiders who fear things are starting to get out of hand. “There has been a disturbing increase in drug abuse in Congress and federal agencies. People don’t take the time to read pieces of legislation because they’re too high.”

In our recent trip to D.C., we witnessed multiple instances of bizarre behavior that could only be attributed to substance abuse. A blank-faced Nancy Pelosi was sitting in a corner, staring wide-eyed and repeating the words “we have to pass the bill to find out what’s in it.” Several Congressmen approached Senator Schumer, or “Shroomer” as they were calling him, and engaged in what appeared to be a drug deal.

Although it may seem hypocritical for our lawmakers to be engaging in drug abuse while at the same time supporting laws prohibiting such action, they view it as protecting the nation. As one congressman put it, “Washington has basically become a giant hell hole where untalented people come to get high and produce half-assed legislation. Can you imagine if the entire nation were allowed to do what we do?”

Selkie
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:35 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

I do my best pipeline-building while smoking pot, get this conservative propaganda out of here pls
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:40 am

Post by reinoe »

1) matsumi is confirmed scum today.
2) you never hinted at Gaiden being scummy for trolling.
3) people claim publicly all the time when they're about to be lynched.
4) reading a post with the exact type of bias makes total sense. It's remarkable that you can find the time to ISO a person with from the perspective of multiple biases but can't find the time to analyze that randommidget wagon. Is it because you are on it?
5) I will not be appeased by your bullshit.

Off to work. I may or may not have phone posts later today.

Selkie
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:43 am

And he's still dodging the question, there's guaranteed scum here:
Unvote
Vote: reinoe

- Kuro.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:50 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 719, Matsumi Sisters wrote:And he's still dodging the question, there's guaranteed scum here:
Unvote
Vote: reinoe

- Kuro.

I don't co-operate with confscum. Your "question" is a time wasting exercise designed to create WIFOM via thought masturbation. We will experience the heat death of the universe before I answer your question. As exemplified by your shooting of Ankamius, you're just going to shoot townies anyway. Your thought process is 100% in alignment with scum.

Selkie
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:05 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Well then go ahead and lynch me so town can lynch your scummy ass tomorrow after i flip town.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Matsumi Sisters
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Matsumi Sisters
Townie
Townie

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:06 am

In post 721, Sakura Hana wrote:Well then go ahead and lynch me so town can lynch your scummy ass tomorrow after i flip town.

pick up
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:06 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

but, there is a better way than to kill you today.
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
- popsofctown
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:09 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

it may involve you getting lynched tomorrow though
- GreyICE
- popsofctown

Return to “Completed Open Games”